Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 169 - AVS Forum
First ... 167  168  169 170  171  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
changboy's Avatar changboy 05:06 AM 12-16-2013
deleted

Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 08:40 AM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by @TOMMY@ View Post

It didn't even occur to me I should check the hours on my brand new TV from a reputable company.
Don't sweet it, some units are tested at the factory. Spot checked. You would know if your TV is used. Everything would have been opened.
Nerdful1's Avatar Nerdful1 09:48 AM 12-16-2013
Buying a 65zt as we speak, awaiting salesman call to buy one now.

Anything I should be careful of from Paulstv.com?

Update: On its way, getting in a few days.

Does this have a perfect color decoder? Even with ISF, my Samsung DLP had incurable red push..
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 10:14 AM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdful1 View Post

Buying a 65zt as we speak, awaiting salesman call to buy one now.

Anything I should be careful of from Paulstv.com?
no worries at all. Just make sure you inspect everything and turn on before singing.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 10:23 AM 12-16-2013
^^^You can sing before turning on the TV. smile.gif

Paul's seems to have a higher rate of damage during shipment--VERY small sample size here--so make sure you inspect the unit thoroughly. If it's been in a cold truck for a while you may want to wait before you turn it on.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 10:41 AM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

^^^You can sing before turning on the TV. smile.gif

Paul's seems to have a higher rate of damage during shipment--VERY small sample size here--so make sure you inspect the unit thoroughly. If it's been in a cold truck for a while you may want to wait before you turn it on.
he is correct, i live in texas and it doesnt get very cold, and it was like 80 degrees when i got my tv about a month ago, i overlooked the fact it will most likely be freezing wherever your at, let the tv warm up and dry out before turning on. Just check the screen with a strong led flashlight for cracks, on corners mainly. Dents on tv and box as well. Watch them unload it.
Mike Adri's Avatar Mike Adri 11:04 AM 12-16-2013

 

Quote:
 

2.  I would like to try D-NICE's settings, but the settings: suggest using 

Quote:
Picture Mode: Professional 1 / 2

 

  I can't get access to that Picture mode with HDMI input from my laptop/apple TV/ or while using apps like Netflix.    In fact, I     was surprised that THX was not available when streaming from one  of the built in apps like Netflix. 

 

 

UPDATE I FIGURED THIS OUT -In main menu - go to SETUP then scroll down to PROFESSIONAL MODE (isfccc) and turn on. 

When you go back to Picture menu the two new picture modes appear.

 

 

I still haven't figured out how to get it to look good with  computer text.  THE LG OLED looked amazing with this laptop.  I was hopping the difference was partially due to  settings.


KanosWRX's Avatar KanosWRX 11:06 AM 12-16-2013
Has anyone noticed a few small dents on the back of their TV's, looks like where the foam may have been pressed up against the TV??

The TV itself looks good otherwise, the screen looks great, no cracks from what I could tell running a led light around it. Its a May 2013 build date, just got it a couple days ago 12/13/2013 from BestBuy.
Jarmel's Avatar Jarmel 11:53 AM 12-16-2013
So breaking in the plasma and I'm on roughly the 90 somethingish hour and I noticed on both sides of the screeen, there is a color edge. The leftmost edge going up is slightly purple and the rightmost edge is slightly green. This extends all the way down on both sides and is like this during all the slides other than the blue,green, and red slides where the pixels look normal. Is this normal? Is it IR or burn in?
changboy's Avatar changboy 12:08 PM 12-16-2013
deleted
KanosWRX's Avatar KanosWRX 12:10 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

So breaking in the plasma and I'm on roughly the 90 somethingish hour and I noticed on both sides of the screeen, there is a color edge. The leftmost edge going up is slightly purple and the rightmost edge is slightly green. This extends all the way down on both sides and is like this during all the slides other than the blue,green, and red slides where the pixels look normal. Is this normal? Is it IR or burn in?

Can you take any pictures and post what you see?
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 12:27 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Adri View Post

I still haven't figured out how to get it to look good with  computer text.  THE LG OLED looked amazing with this laptop.  I was hopping the difference was partially due to  settings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

So breaking in the plasma and I'm on roughly the 90 somethingish hour and I noticed on both sides of the screeen, there is a color edge. The leftmost edge going up is slightly purple and the rightmost edge is slightly green. This extends all the way down on both sides and is like this during all the slides other than the blue,green, and red slides where the pixels look normal. Is this normal? Is it IR or burn in?
I remember seeing posts in this thread relating to both of these so you're not along. I'm sorry but I can't recall the solution or explanation to either.
Jarmel's Avatar Jarmel 12:28 PM 12-16-2013
Sure.







On the leftmost edge, there is a vertical series of slightly purple pixel and on the rightmost edge, there is a vertical series of slightly green pixels.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 12:57 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

On the leftmost edge, there is a vertical series of slightly purple pixel and on the rightmost edge, there is a vertical series of slightly green pixels.
Normal. Make sure picture size is set to Full.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 12:59 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanosWRX View Post

Has anyone noticed a few small dents on the back of their TV's, looks like where the foam may have been pressed up against the TV??
The TV itself looks good otherwise, the screen looks great, no cracks from what I could tell running a led light around it. Its a May 2013 build date, just got it a couple days ago 12/13/2013 from BestBuy.
Probably something done at the factory. I wouldnt worry about it.
Mike Adri's Avatar Mike Adri 01:06 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Me i increase the size of the letter with windows 7 from 100% to 145% and its a lot better coz yes its small and the screen is big, your lg have 55 inch so the pixel are smaller.

I have tried this.  It still doesn't look great.  I am wondering if it has something to do with this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread/200_100#post_23286175

 

have 3 questions :
How do you like your LG OLED picture quality versus the ZT ?  

I didn't buy the OLED.  I just saw it in the store.  I thought it was better overall than the ZT, but too expensive.


And the motion handling from OLED it is the same thing of a LED ?

When I shut motion enhancement off, the I didn't notice any motion issues.  Not sure I am an expert on this though.  I hate the way things look with motion enhancement on (i.e. soap opera effect).


Do you compare the OLED samsung with the LG before buy it ?

I did look at both.  The computer text looked much better with the LG, but I didn't try to play with the settings.  


Jarmel's Avatar Jarmel 01:35 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Normal. Make sure picture size is set to Full.

Shouldn't the picture size already be set to full?

I was planning on running the slides for another 100 hours but now I'm thinking maybe I should play regular content to get rid of the lines.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 01:55 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

Shouldn't the picture size already be set to full?

I was planning on running the slides for another 100 hours but now I'm thinking maybe I should play regular content to get rid of the lines.
Bond may have meant to turn on overscan. See if changing that setting makes a difference.
changboy's Avatar changboy 01:57 PM 12-16-2013
deleted
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 01:58 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

Shouldn't the picture size already be set to full?

I was planning on running the slides for another 100 hours but now I'm thinking maybe I should play regular content to get rid of the lines.
Lol. All the plasmas have those colored lines on the side. Both mine have it. Everyone does, this has been covered. Its normal. Nothing you can do to change it.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 02:00 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Adri View Post

I have tried this.  It still doesn't look great.  I am wondering if it has something to do with this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread/200_100#post_23286175

have 3 questions :

How do you like your LG OLED picture quality versus the ZT ?  
I didn't buy the OLED.  I just saw it in the store.  I thought it was better overall than the ZT, but too expensive.


And the motion handling from OLED it is the same thing of a LED ?
When I shut motion enhancement off, the I didn't notice any motion issues.  Not sure I am an expert on this though.  I hate the way things look with motion enhancement on (i.e. soap opera effect).


Do you compare the OLED samsung with the LG before buy it ?
I did look at both.  The computer text looked much better with the LG, but I didn't try to play with the settings.  
I complained about the text awhile back too. Ive discovered a fix just now. Go to advanced picture. Go to hdmi content type. Go to auto detail setting. Turn graphics off. It makes the text less sharp and artifacty looking. I knew it had something to do with processing.
sooke's Avatar sooke 02:10 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Adri View Post

... I still haven't figured out how to get it to look good with  computer text.  ...

Maybe make sure overscan is off. You don't want to scale the image at all. You want the computer to output 1920x1080 to match the panel rez with no scaling in between.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 02:16 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

Maybe make sure overscan is off. You don't want to scale the image at all. You want the computer to output 1920x1080 to match the panel rez with no scaling in between.
This too if you havnt already checked your settings for your graphics driver.
Mike Adri's Avatar Mike Adri 02:33 PM 12-16-2013

My computer (macbook pro retina) is outputting 1080p over HDMI.     

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxion View Post


I complained about the text awhile back too. Ive discovered a fix just now. Go to advanced picture. Go to hdmi content type. Go to auto detail setting. Turn graphics off. It makes the text less sharp and artifacty looking. I knew it had something to do with processing.

 

Thanks Axxion,

 

I selected off but it is not great. 

 

Overscan was off.  This biggest difference i see is when I turn 1080p pure direct on.   (in the Advanced picture  setting).   But it still doesn't look great.


Mike Adri's Avatar Mike Adri 02:36 PM 12-16-2013

It is a bit hard to tell.  

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by changboy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Adri View Post

I have tried this.  It still doesn't look great.  I am wondering if it has something to do with this: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1381724/official-4-4-4-chroma-subsampling-thread/200_100#post_23286175

I take 2 picture with my handphone of this tread but they are both bad quality but you can see the letter from my ZT, it is more bad then this or the same thing ?



changboy's Avatar changboy 02:56 PM 12-16-2013
deleted
Mike Adri's Avatar Mike Adri 03:31 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post


Can you take a picture of your panel while showing this tread like i do ?

Are you on pro-mode isf ?

I found if the sharpness is set too high can have a detrimental effect on pro-mode max around +35-+42
On custom mode its +15

higher then this some color can be found around the letter

 


UniversalGC's Avatar UniversalGC 03:37 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post

Just bought the 65ZT60 for 3999.99 with free delivery from Telecity Electronics. Its getting delivered in 1-2 weeks. Cant wait!

Maybe you don't mind, but you WAY overpaid. Like over $1000 too high.

If you do mind, I would strongly consider canceling that order and looking around, Or try to get them to match a better price.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 03:42 PM 12-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalGC View Post

Maybe you don't mind, but you WAY overpaid. Like over $1000 too high.

If you do mind, I would strongly consider canceling that order and looking around, Or try to get them to match a better price.
He's from the Great White North where everything is friendlier, but also more expensive.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 03:46 PM 12-16-2013
Thats what i thought too when i saw that price, canada.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 167  168  169 170  171  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop