Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 190 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuDiOBoY529 View Post

Hey guys, should I buy a 65ZT60?

I have a 55vt60 already and was thinking of moving it in the bedroom. Since Panasonic is done with selling plasma by the end of the 1st quarter of 2014, I figure why not buy the last of the mohicans before they are all gone. Any input would be nice.

Thanks!

If you have the money you can buy anything you want.....i think.
changboy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 PM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeximusPrime View Post

Oh boy I had a few laughs reading the customer reviews.

What i was impress its you can read 846 review from that screen of 40 000 , yes its impressive.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:00 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1014
Saw the The Lone Ranger remake on BD this evening...breathtaking photography and photorealism. The sunlit desert landscape seared my eyes.
vinnie97 is offline  
Old 12-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ronald Epstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 90

I know this has been posted countless times before, but give me credit for searching this thread for 10 minutes before giving up and just asking again....

 

How do I check the usage hours on the ZT60?

 

Got in touch with D-NICE to possibly calibrate.  However, I know I don't have more than 50 hours on this display as I was anticipating returning it.

 

Still, want to check and provide him with an accurate number.

 

Thanks in advance.

Ronald Epstein is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

I know this has been posted countless times before, but give me credit for searching this thread for 10 minutes before giving up and just asking again....

How do I check the usage hours on the ZT60?

Got in touch with D-NICE to possibly calibrate.  However, I know I don't have more than 50 hours on this display as I was anticipating returning it.

Still, want to check and provide him with an accurate number.

Thanks in advance.


Wow i'am not impress about what you asking now, 50 hour on your panel after more then 1 month and you come here and tell us about return your panel again.

How you know the picture on your panel if you never break in or watch it ?......i don't like my ferrari but i have 3 miles on it ???? why you buy this tv if you don't use it ? If you want to be impress in 5 minute with a display buy a LED that's it . I just don't understand why you still worry with your panel after 1 month and half with 50 hour on it hehehe, its a joke i think, all in all i don't understand anything of your post since the beginning ..... something not really serious right ?

Can you post a picture of your owner book with the number unit on it , to confirm you bought a ZT60 please ? coz it's really hard to follow what you thinking after many post i read from you, lol.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 12:45 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Ronald if you want see the picture on your ZT : on the controller upper left corner you should see a red button , press it and then your ZT should show you a picture , of course if you already plug hdmi cable from a bluray player or signal from cable tv channel, hope this post help you in the future.

p.s. I don't think you will worry about the final result of what you see and don't be mad coz i post this, it's all in all a joke.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ronald Epstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 90

Changboy,

 

Your posts on this forum are not only difficult to understand, but they are often snide and mean-spirited.  

 

Did you really just ask me if I actually bought a ZT60?  Joking or not, was that comment even necessary?

 

Your follow-up comment was equally childish in nature.  

 

If you actually took the time to read what I have posted in this thread (and others that you participate in) you will realize I have been on "hold" for the past several weeks to exchange my ZT60 for the Samsung F8500.

 

Very fortunate to have bought from a retailer that has allowed me this much time to play with the set while they free up their chaotic holiday schedule to fit in an appointment. There's more story here than I am telling, but basically the retailer did me a favor and I am returning it by not putting too many hours on a display that will have to be resold at a loss.  The swap is currently scheduled for January 8th.

 

Since I was planning on returning this display, and knowing that it would be sold open box, I did not want to put a lot of hours on this display.  That is why there is only approx. 50 hours on it.  

 

However, in every effort to actually keep this display, I have inquired having D-NICE calibrate this panel brighter.  It's just a question of whether he feels it is worth it and can be done without suffering PQ loss.

 

And yes, I understand that it's hard to give a final evaluation on a display with only 50 hours on it.  However, there is no guarantee the display will get up to the brightness level I crave on its own with more hours of usage or through calibration.  That is too many "unknowns" to miss the return window.....but I am giving it every chance I can....so give me some credit.

 

And you know what?  Negative comments like yours to owners that don't necessarily share your opinion are unnecessary -- and actually getting tiring to read.

 

I am not knocking the ZT60. Obviously, if I am doing everything I can to hold on to this display, there must be aspects of it I really like.  

 

I understand it's the nature of the Internet and "fanboys" who are so invested within their brand to come out swinging when something negative is said about their display -- but sometimes there are going to be those (like myself) that have their own particular issues and preferences that are not in line with what everyone else thinks.  A little politeness can go a long way when communicating with those individuals.

Ronald Epstein is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:44 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

Changboy,

Your posts on this forum are not only difficult to understand, but they are often snide and mean-spirited.  

Did you really just ask me if I actually bought a ZT60?  Joking or not, was that comment even necessary?

Your follow-up comment was equally childish in nature.  

If you actually took the time to read what I have posted in this thread (and others that you participate in) you will realize I have been on "hold" for the past several weeks to exchange my ZT60 for the Samsung F8500.

Very fortunate to have bought from a retailer that has allowed me this much time to play with the set while they free up their chaotic holiday schedule to fit in an appointment.  I am currently scheduled for January 8th.

Since I was planning on returning this display, and knowing that it would be sold open box, I did not want to put a lot of hours on this display.  That is why there is only approx. 50 hours on it.  

Ronald i have some kind of difficulty to translate what i really mean but now i'am really serious : are you judge the ZT panasonic panel with 50 hour on the tv ? you never break in the unit and i think you never watch 1 movie on bluray on your ZT.....Tell me how your evaluation can be serious ? i'am not so good in english but i think you can understand what i write in this post ?

Me i'am not the best for post in english here, i know that, but i'am clever and really i never understand what you write in your post coz i never feel the post have logic and serious way about your experience with your ZT panel.

What i read from you its you bought it but you never try it coz you scare can't return it to the store. How you know what a plasma can do after 50 hour on the tv ?

Yes i'am not good in english but where is the logic here OMG.

For check the time on your panel : menu< the first number you can read there is the time on your unit : me i have the letter C2646-0000 so i have 2646 hour on my unit but you will not read the letter C coz your panel don't have enought hour on it and you can read 00050 or A0050 coz the first letter will change after the panel will run 150 hour and 300 hour and then the brightness will increase but you never try it so how you know the picture of the ZT panel? I'am wrong on my post now, you still don't understand what i write or you get it now ?

Me i just try to help you coz its seam you don't have much experience with this and each time i post for answer you i take on my time and i will never post here for stupid things , maybe you not understand the way i write or you not get it, i'am not better then another member but i'am a smart man don't worry about this, yes the way sometime i write in other language is not perfect coz i don't want put much time for translation, i talk many language in many country so it's hard for me sometime, i own a company in indonesia , i have friend in phillipines, china, usa, thailand, cambodia england, so i'am a lil on the full side for translation . : salamat, banga samnida, cinta kamu sayan, sprechen durth ya you don't understand this but me i do always with this so its not easy for me, my brain full of translation, i always have to deal with this.

Same thing here, you can judge fast someone who post in thread looks like strange and hard to read , take a lil of your time and you will see, we are many culture on this planet, and this not mean they do wrong or crazy way in there life, they just see with different eyes and have other kind of feel inside, and you must know this : most of human on this planet will never own a ZT panel or same quality television, they fight for eat
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 01:54 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
And more not just my english is bad but the way i show you to check the hour on the unit not write in the same way i write in the post, for some reason what i write not the same when i read what i post, some part is missing, i'am sorry , maybe i have a spam or something change sometime what i post, part of my post missing, or sometime in wrong order, anyway, i know you understand the message . I saw you complain coz you understand .....i think.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ronald Epstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

Ronald i have some kind of difficulty to translate what i really mean but now i'am really serious : are you judge the ZT panasonic panel with 50 hour on the tv ? you never break in the unit and i think you never watch 1 movie on bluray on your ZT.....Tell me how your evaluation can be serious ? i'am not so good in english but i think you can understand what i write in this post ?

 

 

Where did I ever post that I haven't watched any Blu-ray movies on my display?

This is an assumption you are making on your own and spewing out rather nasty comments in the process.

 

I have watched quite a few Blu-rays on my ZT60.  They look tremendous.  This is what is pulling me favorably towards keeping the display.

 

The problems are broadcast television and 3D.  Both look very dim under several settings. Have stated that several times before and I even hesitated to repeat it again because I know there are many here who tire of me talking about it (my apologies to you all).

 

Can I still fairly compare two displays without putting a lot of hours on both?  I think so.  About the same as anyone else.  With a limited return window (which still happens to be more than most) I don't have many more options.  Most anyone comparing displays will only be able to do so out-of-the-box on store shelves.  I have already stated which display I think looks better.

 

I am not going to take the word of one individual that the panel brightness will eventually increase.  If it will brighten up the question becomes: how much and will I be satisfied with it?  Will the percentage of brightness be the same for everyone?  That part you have problems understanding as I have also posed these questions before. 

 

Did you also read that I am still consulting a calibrator to see if this display can be calibrated brighter without losing PQ?


So please don't accuse me of giving up without giving this every effort I can.

 

I have much confidence in Panasonic quality.  I have relations that enabled me to see the very first Panasonic 3D prototype 5-6 years ago before most in the industry saw it.  From that point forward I have always wanted to own a Panasonic because I believe they are second to none in building quality plasma displays.

 

As for you being upset that I made a point about your English....

 

Your behavior in these threads call for you to be knocked down a peg or two with your comments that are very condescending in nature.  It's all fun for you when you can make fun of someone's dilemma.  Not so fun when someone points out yours.  Post after post of yours throughout this thread are filled with jabs towards other members.  Nothing is changing your posts.  There are no filters on this board that change content or meaning.  What you post is what you post and it does come off, very often, as being condescending.

Ronald Epstein is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 02:28 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Ronald believe me, i'am not a fanboy of ZT and i really don't mind about that, this is not my nature and material tech is just material for me, i own a lot of expensive thing from many company and many tech, i know the price of your material din't equal always the quality and the performance of it.

I actually pay for the most expensive tech and its really always equal the performance of what you pay and this for all material you can pay with your wallet.

Never forget all company are there for make money with your wallet , not just this year but they think about next year, they don't want loose you as a costumer , they want all the money you can give, and don't think $ = ultimate experience, you can have this just with experience and a clever way, and most of the time you need to built what you expect to see, ear, feel.

Company are there for money and most of the time not for bring you the ultimate experience.

Some tech repair electronic and know how the company built the product and see what kind of capacitor they put in a receiver 7.1 channel sold at $5000.00 they really laugh !
$0.30 cent for a capacitor in this kind of high end product, i tell you most of people never know what they buy.

Some company put quality part but i not saw many like this today, most of them think about money and don't mind about what they really built, even the capacitor will not handle the value for 2 years and they never take the time for measure the value of what they put in there product.

Since i'am young i open the box of all product i buy, yes i always want know what i buy, why i pay this price.
I tell you 90 % of the time i look inside i'am sad ! yes most of all foolish you with there product.

You can do with 10% of the price of the product 500% better !

Normal, no local for rent or buy, no worker to pay, no distributor to pay, no seller, so all that is a big machine and a big system.

I not built my TV but i built a lot of my things and i can tell you i have more value and happyness of buy them and always be desapointed from what i pay.

Anyway this is a story of experience life and you can't buy it and most of people will never tell you this.

I write a lot but its what i think and you can go buy tomorrow a $1500.00 speaker in store, i know what you will have and feel after you realize how the way the company take your money in your pocket versus what they give you.

Everyone must work and take time to do research before buy and like this company who built the stuff will be more respectful of customer coz a lot today don't respect us and customer follow them coz they follow marketing . lol.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ronald Epstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 929
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 90

Changboy,

 

Your passion for what you do shows in your posts.

 

You are obviously in the same class as most of the members of this forum.  We all love our tech and we strive to not only buy the best, but to get top performance out of what we buy.

 

I understand the concept of companies in the business for profit over providing the consumer with the ultimate experience.

 

Trust me, this has been the most difficult purchase I have ever made.  Been nearly 8 weeks of stress wondering whether to keep this display or return it.  Every day I come to this forum (and my own) to read updates from members on their experiences with both displays.

 

I appreciate the helpful comments over the condescending ones.  Last thing anyone with a complaint about their display wants to hear is, "press the red button on the TV and it will show you a picture."

 

It seems like you understand my point.  

Ronald Epstein is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 02:46 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Ronald do i try to not respect you ? NO , maybe coz my minimum word i can use in english mean i laugh about you, its not me and not my way, i respect you and i will respect your choice on anything you do in life. I won't judge anyone here and everyone can buy and do all they want and this is not my life and i will not receive money or tip on this.

I don't mind you return your ZT for a F8500 or a sharp 80 inch LED, you will watch it and if you happy with this it's ok for me, but it's for you and i take on my life time to write here not for put you low but just realize you just want buy a tv and any tv you will buy it will not be a perfect product, this not exist on earth actually. Yes you just need choose one and life with what you bought. This is the life of material and product today.

I wanna ask you when you saw the picture i post on all the thread here, i think you saw pic i post here right ? do you like what you see ? it is enough bright ?

If you like the pic i post here , this is what you will see with a ZT and i not here for lie , this is a ZT picture after break in and calibrate with a good player to feed your display. If you look my pic and you feel its dim don't keep your ZT and return it, if you want i post lil more pic for show you i can do, but i tell you, you will not get better picture of the pic i post here, this is true, then its easy fr you to know if you keep or return it.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:00 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
hehehe after i write my post and i need lot of time to do it i read your comment and don't miss understand me : i think you really clever and don't want go wrong with your purchase and it's normal. Coz you write it and you write your feel about this ZT and its normal, many think the same thing of you but they don't write here but they think it.

It's normal you don't want go wrong and do you think i want go wrong and i have money for change my panel if i don't buy the right one ? I'am feeling the same way of you.

When i push this red button the first time of my panel i pay here in quebec 5500.00 tax in i was desapointed, really, really.
And i have only 10 day to return my ZT so i put a lot of hour in the first day (24/7) and i begin to like what i see, yes its true the picture change and a lot different from the first push red button, don't worry if i didn't like it i'am the first to return this panel, i'am really not easy to catch with a new product, and maybe like you i don't have the money for buy another one in the near future. But the true its a nice product and my experience about the ZT its the TV will bring you a really nice way to show you a film on a 65 inch screen. I really think i return it before you coz i'am really hard to be satisfy with a TV.

I don't know how much time you still have before return it but don't close it and look what will happen with your panel.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:10 AM
Senior Member
 
improwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

I wanna ask you when you saw the picture i post on all the thread here, i think you saw pic i post here right ? do you like what you see ? it is enough bright ? If you like the pic i post here , this is what you will see with a ZT and i not here for lie , this is a ZT picture after break in and calibrate with a good player to feed your display. If you look my pic and you feel its dim don't keep your ZT and return it, if you want i post lil more pic for show you i can do, but i tell you, you will not get better picture of the pic i post here, this is true, then its easy fr you to know if you keep or return it.

Are you seriously suggesting we should determine the brightness of any screen based on a photo? A photo that most of us probably look at on a LCD screen smile.gif
improwise is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:12 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
So after all i write i can tell you your choice will be good at the end coz even you return the ZT for a F8500 you will like the picture. The only thing its the chance you bought a panel without problem in the future and i wish you this luck coz it's really bad when you wake up a saturday morning and you push the red button and the tv fail to open. Really bad experience after you spend a lot of money on a high end tech.

So i wish you luck with you new panel whatever you will choose coz you already gave your money to the store and in the final you will keep a panel of your choice, your money is already spend and try to enjoy the time you work for pay this item and don't just worry and have bad feeling but pleasure to use it the time your item will work.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:25 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by improwise View Post

Are you seriously suggesting we should determine the brightness of any screen based on a photo? A photo that most of us probably look at on a LCD screen smile.gif

Good you come here to write your point but the quality of the picture i post in the final will be expose on your screen and i'am feel sorry if you can't see all the quality of the pic i post, you still have the choice move it and come here i will show you and i can tell you : you will not be desapointed of the result, and i don't do money when i post pic here and i already show member here the pic is on my ZT i just don't have a good camera to show it but what you saw from my pic its the same of my screen do, nothing more nothing less, and i think you can see it with your F8500 and i'am sure they look nice on your screen right ?

i can post one of this pic i take with my bad handphone yes really cheap one but even i take with my cheap handphone you will see the quality in the pic :


Ronald can exchange is panel if he want do it and if he happy with the final result i will be happy for him that's it, i have no gain on this.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:33 AM
Senior Member
 
improwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

Good you come here to write your point but the quality of the picture i post in the final will be expose on your screen and i'am feel sorry if you can't see all the quality of the pic i post, you still have the choice move it and come here i will show you and i can tell you : you will not be desapointed of the result, and i don't do money when i post pic here and i already show member here the pic is on my ZT i just don't have a good camera to show it but what you saw from my pic its the same of my screen do, nothing more nothing less, and i think you can see it with your F8500 and i'am sure they look nice on your screen right ?.

Sorry not trying to be rude here, just honest, but I just can't answer your question as I simply don't understand what you are actually asking? I just see the "?" and therefor assume it is a question smile.gif
Quote:
i can post one of this pic i take with my bad handphone yes really cheap one but even i take with my cheap handphone you will see the quality in the pic

Yes, I and probably everyone else can see the quality of that picture and it's really bad. But I doubt that is because of the actual quality of the ZT60.
improwise is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:45 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
this pic i shoot with my cheap nokia handphone , even this bad quality i can see the screen is bright and have lot of details but the real result are from the direct pic i already take and if you want know if i talk a true just look at the kiwi pic i post yesterday i have IR on the right side in the white of my ZT coz i use it long time with my internet page open so you can see some kind of line in the white coz i just use my ZT as monitor PC .

IMPROWISE come always to show me as a liar, hehehe i really don't mind and i still have no gain on this but i just take on my time for post here and it's not really a + for me or something i need, i'am a new member here and what will happen i will go from here the same way i came fast, some who will got the things i bring i will happy for them that's it, i already gave info from PM to play bluray with a PC and i gave link they explain all for help people get a better picture.

Again i not receive money for that.

IMPROWISE do you get money trying put me low on this thread if yes do fast coz i won't be here for 1 month again.

by the way if you welling to work a lil on your sound system i can show you easy way to get a better sound, faster sound, less distortion, and this will be better for you part and the way the current will work with your compoment, this is just for those who know already electronic but don't have lot of experience in sound reproduction, and yes some store don't like i talk much, me i not sell electronic i sell handbag for woman so i have no profit on this but just show tips for those who want take it, and off course for free.

And yes even improwise want have info i can give to him i will tell him tips if i can and maybe in a future we can be friends,
for those here who can understand i'am not here for meet enemies but friends or just show some info coz i try to fight company who thinks we all kind of animal who walk on the same way without thinking about what we do, and i like if someone can show me things i will learn it for myself and show to people around me.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 03:51 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
improwise if you happy with this i'am happy for you but don't get wrong : you will not do anything bad to me and if i can i will help you, so maybe next time i see you at any place you will happy even you own a lg plasma right. This is not so important then what your inside give you in life, hope this can be nice and bring you good time.

Again i not receive money for that. i think its clear.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 04:12 AM
Senior Member
 
improwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

this pic i shoot with my cheap nokia handphone , even this bad quality i can see the screen is bright and have lot of details but the real result are from the direct pic i already take and if you want know if i talk a true just look at the kiwi pic i post yesterday i have IR on the right side in the white of my ZT coz i use it long time with my internet page open so you can see some kind of line in the white coz i just use my ZT as monitor PC .

Not sure what you are trying to prove by posting a picture in a dark room (I guess), anyone who like me has seen it in a dark room already knows it is an exceptional TV and probably the best you can get for a dark room. In fact, it is one of the best TVs you can get no matter what room you have. So if you were trying to prove that the ZT60 is a great TV, congratulations, you have smile.gif
Quote:
IMPROWISE come always to show me as a liar, hehehe i really don't mind and i still have no gain on this but i just take on my time for post here and it's not really a + for me or something i need, i'am a new member here and what will happen i will go from here the same way i came fast, some who will got the things i bring i will happy for them that's it, i already gave info from PM to play bluray with a PC and i gave link they explain all for help people get a better picture.

Well, call it what you want, but there have been a few times where you have posted unsubstantiated claims posing as facts, and when I've asked you for some believable sources to prove this, you have responded with a mixture of sources that doesn't actually say anything and personal insults (as mentioned by Ronald above and others). Have to admit I kind of admire your youthful enthusiasm and the fact that you really like your ZT60, but I wish you could distinguish between personal opinions and facts, especially since there are more than enough facts that the ZT60 is an excpetional TV.
Quote:
IMPROWISE do you get money trying put me low on this thread if yes do fast coz i won't be here for 1 month again.

Darn it, you got me, I'm in fact contracted by Samsung with the sole purpose of badmouthing you. Glad you haven't yet noticed my colleagues hiding behind your trashcans for a few weeks by now smile.gif
improwise is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 04:49 AM
Senior Member
 
improwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

When I first reviewed the VT60, I found high panel brightness to be inadvisable due to severe white crush. However, lately, I've done a number of successful cals on the VT/ZT60 in high panel brightness. There is very little compromise. While there isn't much if any WTW headroom in PB high, the importance of that is debatable.

Here is a sample calibration report I got on a 65ZT60 using PB high and contrast in the 85-ish range. Color accuracy is good- not quite as perfect as I get with PB mid, but not anything visible- and though I haven't scrutinized it with a fine tooth comb, the picture doesn't seem to show any serious side effects. It does look much punchier in a moderately bright room. Note 50+ fL achieved with APL windows and an i1D3 profiled off a Jeti 1211 spectro.

65ZT60Pro1bright.pdf 1446k .pdf file

Just for some kind of comparison, would the image with these settings be noticeable brighter than a ZT60 in Dynamic/Vidid mode in the same environment? Or to put it in another way, would this enable the ZT60 to achieve a brightness never seen before on a ZT60, or "just" more brightness in a calibrated mode but still not more than in torch-mode?
improwise is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 04:54 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
What i can tell you at this point its : we spend both money for a tv this year and we must life with this choice and i believe you happy and i'am happy and both company are happy we spend our money in there product.

In real you will have more + using a pc with a very good set-up of try to find witch tv is better of the other.
From a normal bluray player you can see a big upgrade of quality reproduction on whatever the panel you will use when you read a bluray with a PC using mpchc with the right setting, i not lie you its another world. After using this for many years i can't look my bluray with my normal bluray player. i feel i loose all my true quality picture, and i tell you : more you look your bluray with this more you begin a movie with a bluray player and will stop the movie for play the title with the PC.
Its day and night using right setting. You take off all the mask front of the picture, all is clear all tissue clothes a truly reproduce with the same way you look in direct with your eyes.

Sometime i still try watch a bluray with my bluray player and all the time before i have 3 minute on the movie i switch on the pc and all comeback without the mask in front of the picture.

I tell you with my PC and a F8500 i will beat anytime the ZT60 using normal bluray player and vis versa.
This is the only way to achieve a near perfect picture and all use this can tell you the same thing.
With the program and pc you can do all you want, any kind of setting you can do, more sharpness, unsharp mask, take off banding when motion picture, denoise, take off rainbow effect , reclock correctly the perfect timing between the screen and the movie and many other thing, interframe integrate picture for better motion handling right on your taste, this is just some of the + you can achieve and this will give you the most of your viewing experience and yes if you mix this with a nice screen you you will happy each time you play content on your tv and i'am sure the F8500 will look amazing using a set-up like this, this is the only way for drive a plasma panel at the max potential .
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Senior Member
 
craigyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: united kingdom
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 84
don't he go on and on and on

craigyboy is online now  
Old 12-29-2013, 05:23 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
hehehe yes , don't be wrong we still talking here of a 65 inch panel for 3000 and if you want you can buy a professional monitor sony of 20 inch for 20 000.
So do you think you own the ultimate panel ? lol
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Senior Member
 
improwise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sweden
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

What i can tell you at this point its : we spend both money for a tv this year and we must life with this choice and i believe you happy and i'am happy and both company are happy we spend our money in there product.

In real you will have more + using a pc with a very good set-up of try to find witch tv is better of the other.
From a normal bluray player you can see a big upgrade of quality reproduction on whatever the panel you will use when you read a bluray with a PC using mpchc with the right setting, i not lie you its another world. After using this for many years i can't look my bluray with my normal bluray player. i feel i loose all my true quality picture, and i tell you : more you look your bluray with this more you begin a movie with a bluray player and will stop the movie for play the title with the PC.
Its day and night using right setting. You take off all the mask front of the picture, all is clear all tissue clothes a truly reproduce with the same way you look in direct with your eyes.

Sometime i still try watch a bluray with my bluray player and all the time before i have 3 minute on the movie i switch on the pc and all comeback without the mask in front of the picture.

I tell you with my PC and a F8500 i will beat anytime the ZT60 using normal bluray player and vis versa.
This is the only way to achieve a near perfect picture and all use this can tell you the same thing.
With the program and pc you can do all you want, any kind of setting you can do, more sharpness, unsharp mask, take off banding when motion picture, denoise, take off rainbow effect , reclock correctly the perfect timing between the screen and the movie and many other thing, interframe integrate picture for better motion handling right on your taste, this is just some of the + you can achieve and this will give you the most of your viewing experience and yes if you mix this with a nice screen you you will happy each time you play content on your tv and i'am sure the F8500 will look amazing using a set-up like this, this is the only way for drive a plasma panel at the max potential .

I've been using HTPCs for more than 10 years now, don't even own a standalone blu-ray player and never have. Even though I agree with you that HTPCs are the way to go, I don't think this is the best place to discuss them though, other sections of the forum are probably more suitable.
improwise is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 AM
 
changboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by improwise View Post

I've been using HTPCs for more than 10 years now, don't even own a standalone blu-ray player and never have. Even though I agree with you that HTPCs are the way to go, I don't think this is the best place to discuss them though, other sections of the forum are probably more suitable.

Yes this is not the place but i'am happy read you are using this anyway with your plasma.
changboy is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:51 AM
Member
 
tuckersvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersvols View Post
 

Just got my zt today. I have some questions if anyone would like to help me out.

 

1/ What is the best out of the box setting to watch a Blue Ray on? Anyadjustment suggestions?

 

2. What setting is the best to play games on(xboxone)? any adjustments I should make?

 

3. Standard out of the box looks very dim to me. I am coming from an LED so will it take some getting used to?

 

4. Any suggestions on what picture mod  to use and maybe some adjustments I can make for just straight TV viewing and sports watching?

 

I am having Chad calibrate my TV when he comes into town in February in the Baltimore area I would just like to take advantage of what I can until then

 

 

Thanks for any help you guys or gals can offer me.

 

 

 

I also have an xbox one so all of my stuff runs through that including my cable. I am interested to see if Chad can see a difference in picture quality using that.

tuckersvols is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Member
 
tuckersvols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12

Anyone else see ads running through this tv. I turned up the volume and ads come up. I have seen them pop up other times too

tuckersvols is offline  
Old 12-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
myared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein View Post

I know this has been posted countless times before, but give me credit for searching this thread for 10 minutes before giving up and just asking again....

How do I check the usage hours on the ZT60?

Got in touch with D-NICE to possibly calibrate.  However, I know I don't have more than 50 hours on this display as I was anticipating returning it.

Still, want to check and provide him with an accurate number.

Thanks in advance.

I have seen 2 methods described on this forum. One gives you the hours and minutes of usage and the number of times the set has been turned on. The other is much simpler but only gives you the hours of usage. Haven't personally tried either method as I'm still waiting for my TV. Here they are:

Method 1:

Press and hold down the Vol- button on the TV.
Then press info button on the remote control 3 times.
Start adj. menu message will be displayed followed by Service menu in a few seconds.

Press the # 2 button once to select SRV-TOOL. Then press ok to access it.

Using the cursor keys Highlight the last box on bottom right side, then press and hold Mute for 3 seconds. Hours will be displayed in red and also how many times the set has been turned on.

Hold power button down on TV to exit. (This will shut off TV and restart it.)


Method 2::

Menu > help > version > Status 4
myared is offline  
 

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off