Forum Jump: 

post #5761 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post

There is a glow with the ZT60 on a full black screen. There is a glow with dark content as well in fact I can clearly make out the bezel from the wide screen bars at times which is NOT what I was lead to believe. I was VERY disappointed to come across that

Definitely. I used to have a Sony HX923 (great local dimming with fullarray led) and the blacks where AMAZING. If it hadn't been for the fact that it broke down on me (and Sony had by that time stopped selling the HX9 in Europe) it would probably have been my main TV as of now. Problem is once you have seen really great blacks, there is really no way back, all "almost black" TVs looks kind of grey no matter how great they are and ZT60 is no expection (neither is my F8500). Of course, the ZT60 (and F8500) has other aspects of the picture which is better than the HX9XX who has it's fair shares of problems, but when it comes to pure black levels, they are still not even close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5762 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 03:25 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbow73 View Post

Hello All,

First time poster here. I purchased a ZT60 back in August and I absolutely love the TV. However, just recently, the TV has started to randomly "reboot" where it will instantly click off (with normal power on/off sound) and restart (with the "Studio Master Panel" title screen displaying). Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Happened to me once. Not sure if it was the TV or transient power issue. Blu-ray player stayed on though.

How often does it happen on yours? If you call Panasonic about it, please keep us updated.
post #5763 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 04:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 83
i would like peoples thoughts on adding an Oppo BDP-103D to the system below - have read up on Darbee and most reviews favorable - posted below on OPPO 103D thread - would like the ZT60 threads thoughts on this addition

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Planning on buying 103D today - appears I can connect cable box to rear HDMI and then output from HDMI 1 output to use Darbee - Will send the signal to ONKYO TX-NR 809 (see below) to 65ZT60 in diretect/through mode - SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN????

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Toshiba HD-DVD-3A
OPPO DV-981HD Onkyo TX-NR809
Technics CD SL-PD888

Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2)
Definitive Technology - CS8040HD
Definitive Technology – Studio Monitor 45 (2)
Definitive Technology - Super Cube 6000

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880

Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #5764 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

Yeah I saw that but wondering if it actually matters since you are changing all of the settings under that preset anyway.

You're probably right. One can always try putting in the same settings on both modes to see if they look the same.
post #5765 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCatanese View Post

I don't have any issues with the fans, they're silent, and the TV build is from July. I bought the TV from Best Buy and yesterday (December 29th) was the last day of the 15 day return policy. The residue hasn't bothered me enough to really worry about it, but the greenish tint problems seems to be getting more noticeable.

Don't you have until January 15 to return it with their extended holiday return policy?

You know I have a July build also and I can't speak to any green tint as I've never watched the TV in THX modes but when I was first setting it up I could see a little DSE on the screen wipe. Now when I run screen wipe I don't see it. Does the "residue" you mention appear inside of the panel or on the outside of the glass?
post #5766 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 07:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

I need to bring some explanation of the way you reply of my post again, first if i write 200 bluray 3D i never think show a number of bluray but the point was to tell people here YES the ZT can give 3D brightness for all my 3D and i see many new owner of this panel read post here and some keeping write this panel have a bad light output, and the most impressive in that with less then 50 hour on the panel. I think you saw a number of bluray and i post about panel light and brightness. This for those who just spend money on a tv and keep in there mind the ZT is dim. I found owner here got bad feeling about this and i see from many post owner think the ZT have issue with light. Me i see the panel produce incredible impact picture better of 2 other plasma i have here, not just lil a lot more impact.
About language i never write i speak 99 language i write i translate a lot and sometime its not perfect and bring some confusion from my initial minding, and i never talk about intellect of anybody those thing you said about me its you write this and think this. About the capacitor i not talk about the way use them but more about the overall quality control of the value +/- 15% and +/-3% can bring faster degradation of your product. All working hard to buy toys and no one like have issue and its normal . Now you can keep think i show number of bluray but me i never think about this way.
I see that you have deleted many of your posts, but I found your original post quoted by by Latinoheat (post#5439) as follows:

“Actually i don't have the cable plug to my ZT, just my pc but i have 2200 blu ray and maybe 1000 i not yet watch…”

As far as languages you speak and your factory, you apparently deleted this post since I can’t find it any more. Thus, further debate is useless.

With respect to components, looser tolerances don’t always… “bring faster degradation of your product”. As I said in my original post you need to look at the specific application. For example, Y5V ceramic capacitors inherently vary in capacitance from +22% to -82%, depending upon the temperature. But they can be perfectly fine in simple decoupling or bypass applications (without any degradation of product over time).

I do agree that all variation should be minimized wherever possible (within the inherent properties of the technology) regardless of the need in a particular circuit…Taguchi’s Target is Best philosophy.

In spite of our disagreement, I do think your posts are very helpful. You have obviously spent a good deal of time tinkering with your ZT and many have benefited from your experience.
post #5767 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 07:37 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

.... I found owner here got bad feeling about this and i see from many post owner think the ZT have issue with light. .....

It is apparent that that owner never read the TV manual before coming to this forum and asking kindness from others for even simple things about operating the TV,, hehehe
post #5768 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 07:43 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

I am torn on their usefulness because they tend to mislead people who make black level assumptions while observing them in a tiny window on their LCD screen.

No different than some posters with maladjusted TVs posting crap about the TV with only words...because
" because they tend to mislead people ".
post #5769 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 08:02 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

Don't you have until January 15 to return it with their extended holiday return policy?

You know I have a July build also and I can't speak to any green tint as I've never watched the TV in THX modes but when I was first setting it up I could see a little DSE on the screen wipe. Now when I run screen wipe I don't see it. Does the "residue" you mention appear inside of the panel or on the outside of the glass?

I'm not sure about the holiday return policy. The residue/smudges are definitely inside the panel.

post #5770 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 AM

Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy1 View Post

I see that you have deleted many of your posts, but I found your original post quoted by by Latinoheat (post#5439) as follows:

“Actually i don't have the cable plug to my ZT, just my pc but i have 2200 blu ray and maybe 1000 i not yet watch…”

. You have obviously spent a good deal of time tinkering with your ZT and many have benefited from your experience.

Yes i write that and for someone can think how i test the quality of this panel and i come here to talk a true after i watch already more then 300 bluray with the panel. The panel is nice : YES.....The panel is perfect: NO but i have a dawm good viewing experience while i watch my movie. The panel bring a really nice quality of picture and this without show you many bad way wich will distract you each time you look it.

Another thing here : i take on my time to post screenshot and many of those are really good for evaluation and for testing some setting and grey scale. Some of those screenshoot are the best i ever saw. ( i saw a lot). And many people dont get it and not realize why i post that. And most of the time i advise download them if you like coz i will delete later. I post black pic patern and color patern can be usefull for many to check many things. But again many complain coz i not take them with a camera but i do a screenshot but they dont get it. And some of my last post i take a pic of the box of bluray 3D coz 1 member told me i copy and its not for exibit what i have but to show i just not copy but buy too like most of all in here. Again about the screenshot i not mean its me take the best screenshot, the meaning is most of those i put not available. Its demo from company or reference bluray patern test.
Yes i delete most of my post coz actually they were useless and wont help, many from my first experience of this panel, and like every body i was trying cnet , sammy and other setting experience.
If i wanna show what i have under my page you can read all stuff i own, i never do it, i never show you 1 pic of my living room and els. And i saw many member happy and take a picture of there setup with there new panel and i feel happy for them, i not think they want show there house and els and i never complain, but yes i complain if someone post and post wrong thing without take really the time to experiment a product and give a wrong info to everyone and i not judge him but i more advise member of this : its impossible you do evaluation of a product without use it and even all review are base on fast evaluation from primary experience but yes they do it with great meter and els. So they will always write: screen uniformity is perfect and NO BANDING ISSUE this year. But many user here saw sometime the banding coming after 150 hour and 200 hour and after they will reduce and maybe go away.
post #5771 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 08:37 AM

Last year i called panasonic and complain of my 60GT50 and finally return the panel coz i have a lot of banding issue. Panasonic on the first call told me this is normal and they not exchange a unit coz banding. I called panasonic again and argue i cant accept this from a 2400.00 tv and then they send me a tech for do evaluation and he take picture of my screen and he write what he saw not normal and he send report to panasonic. After 1 week no news of panasonic so i called them and finally they gave me RMA number. So i go at same store i bought it and i pre-order the ZT and they told me : keep the 60GT50 till we receive your ZT. After 3 month they call me and i return my GT.

I found i got a nice service from panasonic gave me use a GT50 for more then 3 months without i pay for it, i was impress, maybe i were lucky by the same way and i not think they always do this.
post #5772 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 08:45 AM

Liked: 16
Sounds like an optical illusion... Your bias light did not in fact change the dark levels outputted by your panel.. The bias light made your brain think the panal was now darker...
If you really think about it....everything is subjective. If you focus long enough an a perceived problem you will ultimately convince yourself there is a problem.
post #5773 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Yes i write that and for someone can think how i test the quality of this panel and i come here to talk a true after i watch already more then 300 bluray with the panel. The panel is nice : YES.....The panel is perfect: NO but i have a dawm good viewing experience while i watch my movie. The panel bring a really nice quality of picture and this without show you many bad way wich will distract you each time you look it.

Another thing here : i take on my time to post screenshot and many of those are really good for evaluation and for testing some setting and grey scale. Some of those screenshoot are the best i ever saw. ( i saw a lot). And many people dont get it and not realize why i post that. And most of the time i advise download them if you like coz i will delete later. I post black pic patern and color patern can be usefull for many to check many things. But again many complain coz i not take them with a camera but i do a screenshot but they dont get it. And some of my last post i take a pic of the box of bluray 3D coz 1 member told me i copy and its not for exibit what i have but to show i just not copy but buy too like most of all in here. Again about the screenshot i not mean its me take the best screenshot, the meaning is most of those i put not available. Its demo from company or reference bluray patern test.
Yes i delete most of my post coz actually they were useless and wont help, many from my first experience of this panel, and like every body i was trying cnet , sammy and other setting experience.
If i wanna show what i have under my page you can read all stuff i own, i never do it, i never show you 1 pic of my living room and els. And i saw many member happy and take a picture of there setup with there new panel and i feel happy for them, i not think they want show there house and els and i never complain, but yes i complain if someone post and post wrong thing without take really the time to experiment a product and give a wrong info to everyone and i not judge him but i more advise member of this : its impossible you do evaluation of a product without use it and even all review are base on fast evaluation from primary experience but yes they do it with great meter and els. So they will always write: screen uniformity is perfect and NO BANDING ISSUE this year. But many user here saw sometime the banding coming after 150 hour and 200 hour and after they will reduce and maybe go away.

?? As Borg once said in Star Trek I can see that “resistance is futile.” No more peeps out of me.
post #5774 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy1 View Post

?? As Borg once said in Star Trek I can see that “resistance is futile.” No more peeps out of me.

Hmmm hard for me to get it, this mean post was not useful, i can't translate some inside coz my lack in english lol.

This just for explain my minding about some fact i experience, hehehe and i will delete anyway all my post again later
post #5775 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

IR (Image Retention) will show up with the screen wipe. It will look like a slight darkening or smudging on the white scrolling bar. I wonder if this is what you and RCatanese are seeing. If so it should fade from watching logo-free content.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
post #5776 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by besthdef View Post

No different than some posters with maladjusted TVs posting crap about the TV with only words...because
" because they tend to mislead people ".
Well, that's not entirely untrue, is it? One poster here in particular admitted to being mislead.
post #5777 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

I think I am going to load them to Pro2 and compare. Thx for the heads up..

Use only with cinema mode
post #5778 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooke View Post

IR (Image Retention) will show up with the screen wipe. It will look like a slight darkening or smudging on the white scrolling bar. I wonder if this is what you and RCatanese are seeing. If so it should fade from watching logo-free content.

Actually, I haven't noticed any IR with this panel. My VT25 would get it for a few minutes after a long session of game playing but nothing major. The DSE I'm seeing from the screen wipe on my ZT60 is always in the same place. I'm on my way to Best Buy now to talk to a manager to see if I can return the panel. I just noticed that I have Elite Plus, but it just kicked in today. Also, I just used the D-Nice settings and that seems to have helped with the green a lot. I'm thinking I still want a replacement panel though because of the smudges/residue. I don't want to have a $3,000 TV with visible defects.

post #5779 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 11:03 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
There are no perfect TVs, unfortunately. DSE could be just as apparent, if not more so, on your replacement.
post #5780 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM

The browser on my zt60 doesn't work. Anybody else have the same problem?
post #5781 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Chad B. came and did a calibration on my ZT60. Took him almost 4 hours to do Day, Night, and 3D mode. I did not have enough time to watch any content on my panel beforehand as I barely had enough time to get the recommended 300 hours of slides in. When Chad showed up he was very polite and professional. He put a lot of time into making sure it was as exact as possible. The picture looks amazing. Even in 2D mode there is a lot of depth, and subtle details really seem to pop. I am very happy with his work and my panel. I can't wait to get home and watch a movie on it. So far, my panel does not appear to have any issues at all and I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks Chad for the excellent work!
post #5782 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:

The browser on my zt60 doesn't work. Anybody else have the same problem?

Did you update the firmware on your unit ? i know this can be one of the issue for this, me i never use it.
post #5783 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:

Did you update the firmware on your unit ? i know this can be one of the issue for this, me i never use it.

Yea I did.

The internet browser doesn't load a web page if I enter it in it will say unsecure connection even though my wifi is password protected
post #5784 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:

Yea I did.

The internet browser doesn't load a web page if I enter it in it will say unsecure connection even though my wifi is password protected
Your wifi have password, did you enter it in the setting of your ZT for your panel have access .
I do it with the wifi mobile phone of my brother in law and for get the connection i entered is password in the setting of my ZT and i get the connection.

I just try it with mine and the web work and the page open on panasonic global.
Just be sure in your setting network you do quick configuration for the panel start the internet fonction.
post #5785 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 01:14 PM

What does 300 hours of slides mean?

post #5786 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersvols View Post

What does 300 hours of slides mean?

In regards to plasma TVs and this forum, it means, "running a slide show for 300 hours on their panel"...refers to this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1466472/2013-panasonic-settings-issues-thread/0_100
post #5787 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Your wifi have password, did you enter it in the setting of your ZT for your panel have access .
I do it with the wifi mobile phone of my brother in law and for get the connection i entered is password in the setting of my ZT and i get the connection.

I just try it with mine and the web work and the page open on panasonic global.
Just be sure in your setting network you do quick configuration for the panel start the internet fonction.

I did enter the password. The panasonic global website works for me but it won't load websites I enter into the url
post #5788 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:

I did enter the password. The panasonic global website works for me but it won't load websites I enter into the url

It will work if you enter the text on the right where you see google not at the same place of the panasonic url....i think.
post #5789 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Well, I went to Best Buy earlier today and talked to the manager. I'm taking my ZT60 back tomorrow to get a replacement but it's going to take a few weeks I guess. The manager checked to see if they had in stock and unfortunately they don't. He said they'd put in an order and it'll be up to Panasonic on how long it takes to come in. I'll have to put my VT25 back up until then, no biggie, at least I'll get a new panel without the smudges. The only thing I'm worried about is getting a replacement that suffers from the fan noise. The TV I have now doesn't make a sound so I'm really hoping the new one doesn't have it. 

post #5790 of 12251 Old 12-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Does any one know a way to make the ZT's photo slideshow choose pictures at random, instead of sequentially? I've gone through the slideshow menu and can't find a setting for random so I'm pretty sure the answer is "you can't". But thought I'ld ask incase I'm missing something.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page