Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 217 - AVS Forum
First ... 215  216  217 218  219  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 10:52 AM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inseconds99 View Post

Doesn't game mode cause picture quality problems. I know it did on my f8500.
I havnt noticed any difference besides you cant use 24hz modes. I havnt looked extensively either as i can adjust delay on my avr if i need to. Try it out.

Axxion's Avatar Axxion 11:00 AM 01-11-2014
The only other thing i can suggest is adding a stretch of optical cable somewhere around 18000 to 36000 miles, as it will naturally delay the signal of audio. Light can only travel so fast. Monoprice might have specials.
Rudy1's Avatar Rudy1 11:13 AM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

The only other thing i can suggest is adding a stretch of optical cable somewhere around 18000 to 36000 miles, as it will naturally delay the signal of audio. Light can only travel so fast. Monoprice might have specials.

biggrin.gif
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 11:16 AM 01-11-2014
Quote:

I can't seem to get my soundbar to lip sync properly with my zt60 through the optical out. What settings do I use to make some kind of audio delay for the soundbad. On my f8500 there was an option for external speakers and to change the audio delay.

Any help with fixing this syncing issue would be appreciated.
I'm actually a little surprised Panasonic didn't think of this (unless they determined the vast majority of ZT owners would opt for an AVR 5.1 or greater system).
derekarita's Avatar derekarita 12:13 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodenarch2005 View Post

This thread will scare the heck out of you buying a ZT60. I have heard more horror stories than happy endings. Do you think the errors we see on here are the far and few between that come to search for answers or can i feel safe to go out to Magnolia and pick up ZT60 before they are gone… I am wondering if later build qualities are worse or better than earlier and if makes difference which store you ended up buying it from. Hope you guys can give me a pick me up on what is supposed to be a great TV.

Not to worry.  Before I got my Pio 151FD, there was this same kind of talk going on.  Like was said, the vast majority of owners experience no issues and are pleased with their purchases.  We are the OCD of the OCD when it comes to TVs.  There's nothing wrong with us and we do consumers a great service by keeping the manufacturers on their toes.

These ZTs are the best of the best.  The future is yet to be.  I'm hoping that by the time I get tired of watching my ZT, the next new thing, whatever it is, will have a strong foothold and I can start looking for the best of that technology, whatever it turns out to be. 

fmalczewski's Avatar fmalczewski 01:10 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:

Can anyone post d-nice's night mode and 3d settings. I'm not looking for a link to the zip, I'm looking for the actually settings so I can manually enter them in the picture menu.

I've used Sammie's settings, colors are too rich and unrealistic, cnet's, ok but not great, sound and visions is nice but some choices (50 sharpness) makes me scratch my head.

I got a hold of d-nice's day settings and they look perfect on my tv in the daytime. I am now looking for his night settings and 3d settings

Thanks in advance.

fwiw, with the Spears & Munsil disc, using its sharpness adjustment screens, didn't notice anything happening until above 50 sharpness, 60 maybe. I wouldn't worry about it, but 0 and 50 seem to be approx same per my eyeballs fairly close to the screen. (Going from memory.) If you don't like 50, set it to 0. (On the other hand, S&V settings had too much contrast for me... plan to throw in Spears & Munsil disc and adjust S&V settings... some day...)

PS d-nice's settings are copyrighted, no? Anyone shouldn't be posting them unless it's d-nice.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 01:11 PM 01-11-2014
Not copyrighted per se', just requested by the author to not be copied or pasted elsewhere.
myared's Avatar myared 01:12 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKnobber View Post

Thanks for the info! I am going to call today to get the fan noise fix. Its not so bad that I can't live with it for a week or two, when normal audio is playing, its almost below hearing threshold, so I could see how it wouldn't be a problem for some people. But it bothers me enough during quite passages to be a problem.

I think with few exceptions, the majority of us with the fan issue are in the same boat, in that the problem is only unbearable during quiet moments of viewing, but it's enough to make us want the fix. Please let us know how your contact with Panasonic goes. There are widely varying stories out there...
LeKnobber's Avatar LeKnobber 03:14 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:

Thanks for the info! I am going to call today to get the fan noise fix. Its not so bad that I can't live with it for a week or two, when normal audio is playing, its almost below hearing threshold, so I could see how it wouldn't be a problem for some people. But it bothers me enough during quite passages to be a problem.

Well, I called them. The person didn't know anything about the fan fix and couldn't find any info on it. I convinced them it existed so they set up an appointment, but I wonder if the repair tech will have any idea about it either? Kind of troubling...
bvader's Avatar bvader 03:41 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post

fwiw, with the Spears & Munsil disc, using its sharpness adjustment screens, didn't notice anything happening until above 50 sharpness, 60 maybe. I wouldn't worry about it, but 0 and 50 seem to be approx same per my eyeballs fairly close to the screen. (Going from memory.) If you don't like 50, set it to 0. (On the other hand, S&V settings had too much contrast for me... plan to throw in Spears & Munsil disc and adjust S&V settings... some day...)

PS d-nice's settings are copyrighted, no? Anyone shouldn't be posting them unless it's d-nice.

DNIce "prohibits" posting the settings, that's the rules, so download the ZIP file, unzip it and open one of the settings file with Internet explorer (often XML files are automatically associated to IE) or open Notepad the Menu: File->Open and open the file and you will be able to read and/or print the settings and enter them manually. Pretty simple

Links to all the settings...
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1474480/official-zt60-owners-thread/6000#post_24154216

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekarita View Post

Not to worry.  Before I got my Pio 151FD, there was this same kind of talk going on.  Like was said, the vast majority of owners experience no issues and are pleased with their purchases.  We are the OCD of the OCD when it comes to TVs.  There's nothing wrong with us and we do consumers a great service by keeping the manufacturers on their toes.
These ZTs are the best of the best. The future is yet to be.  I'm hoping that by the time I get tired of watching my ZT, the next new thing, whatever it is, will have a strong foothold and I can start looking for the best of that technology, whatever it turns out to be. 

Totally agree... BUT shouldn't that be "The Best of the Best....uhh ....of the Best" (MIB)
mcjimsey's Avatar mcjimsey 03:50 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post

Put up a single pixel test pattern off any of the test discs and you will see artificial edge enhancement beginning at a setting of 15. For the highest quality sources set it at 0 and leave it.

Bob
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 03:56 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:

Well, I called them. The person didn't know anything about the fan fix and couldn't find any info on it. I convinced them it existed so they set up an appointment, but I wonder if the repair tech will have any idea about it either? Kind of troubling...
What fan fix? What are you talking about?
Mr Paw's Avatar Mr Paw 03:57 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjimsey View Post

Put up a single pixel test pattern off any of the test discs and you will see artificial edge enhancement beginning at a setting of 15. For the highest quality sources set it at 0 and leave it.

Bob

Bob's right again folks. I remember from my AVIA calibration DVD years ago that Sharpness is a setting for CRT televisions. You don't need it on a digital TV. You can't sharpen 0's and 1's.
Litlgi74's Avatar Litlgi74 03:58 PM 01-11-2014
Panasonic finally got back to me after three days... Via email! They asked me to call them back. So I did... They had me go through all the brainless tests of troubleshooting my display.

1. Unplug the display from surge protector.
2. Unplug all cables (hdmi, component, etc)
3. Had me run the self test.
4. Asked if I could still see the band/bar.
5. Asked if the band/bar was thick or thin.

Did they think the issue was going to mysteriously vanish?

I am now set up for the next step... Another call back within 1-2 business days.

PS... I mentioned the lack of AR options when using the netflix app via the tv... He said I should address the problem with the next level of tech support.
Krazy Train's Avatar Krazy Train 04:20 PM 01-11-2014
Well, my calibration is complete and the TV looks absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend highly enough the difference a professional calibrator can make. Kevin Miller of isftv.com performed the service and could not have been more knowledgeable or professional. If you are in need of this kind of service, don't hesitate to get in touch with him as he was even better than advertised...

...and thanks to those on here who took the time to point me in Kevin's direction...it's very much appreciated!
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 04:29 PM 01-11-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Train View Post

Well, my calibration is complete and the TV looks absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend highly enough the difference a professional calibrator can make. Kevin Miller of isftv.com performed the service and could not have been more knowledgeable or professional. If you are in need of this kind of service, don't hesitate to get in touch with him as he was even better than advertised...

...and thanks to those on here who took the time to point me in Kevin's direction...it's very much appreciated!
How would you compare it to stock thx?
Krazy Train's Avatar Krazy Train 05:37 PM 01-11-2014
Its night and day. The THX mode that comes with the TV is very good but its nothing like what I'm watching right now...The colors, especially the flesh tones, are as realistic as looking out a window...and as I said, Kevin was just awesome. Can not recommend him any higher...
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 07:57 PM 01-11-2014
How come when running the pixel flipper, under panel brightness when you change it from low to high, low has the most light output and high has the lowest? How does this make sense?
Litlgi74's Avatar Litlgi74 09:24 PM 01-11-2014
Before I start a new thread in the 3D forum... I thought it might be helpful and useful to ask my question here first.

I purchased my ZT60 for its 2D picture quality... But I do love the novelty of the 3D experience.

I am slightly underwhelmed by the brightness of picture when using the OEM glasses that came with the ZT...

Are there any other third party glasses that give a brighter view and or performance vs the supplied OEM glasses?

Thanks
iChristopher's Avatar iChristopher 12:07 AM 01-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

I would be floored if vizio made a unit better than this one. Floored.

Did you see the vizio in action? Or the new pannys that are said to beat out the ZT? My brother has his delivery setup through best buy on tuesday and is almost positive he wants to cancel the order, but is still skeptical about all the claims coming out of CES about the FALD sets.
Playdrv4me's Avatar Playdrv4me 12:48 AM 01-12-2014
Vizio is just hitting every feature with the force of a blunt hammer in the ref. series. FALD, Dolby Vision, huge screen size, etc etc. But I bet a year from now the same old problems that have always plagued even high end LCDs will float to the top... Uniformity problems, banding, off-axis viewing, blooming, etc etc. I'm sure it will be phenomenal, for what it is, don't get me wrong. But for outright image purity and quality, the ZTs, especially with the deals that have been out there recently, are unlikely to be surpassed by the Vizio Reference line. This is barely Vizios first time at bat with anything near this level. Maybe they'll surprise us, more power to them if they do. I wouldn't go canceling orders on a TV I won't be able to get anymore on those odds, though. There will be *plenty* people willing to buy a mint 60 or 65ZT down the road once all the retail sources are dried up. So if the Vizio turns out to really blow everyone's faces off then fine, just sell the ZT and get the Vizio then.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 12:51 AM 01-12-2014
And don't cancel your ZT order based on marketing bollocks concerning the latest Panasonic LCD matching the former's performance. The Panasonic insider himself has admitted that color is up to par but certainly not black level nor backlight uniformity.
Mr Paw's Avatar Mr Paw 01:06 AM 01-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

Did you see the vizio in action? Or the new pannys that are said to beat out the ZT? My brother has his delivery setup through best buy on tuesday and is almost positive he wants to cancel the order, but is still skeptical about all the claims coming out of CES about the FALD sets.

He should be skeptical. There are other threads here on AVS saying fald is dead too. You know what else is dead? Several hundred pixels on the 70" Vizeo LCD panel we bought at the office earlier this year for the training room. It looked great for a month or so but it keeps getting worse. I'm glad it's at work and not at my house.

We took a chance on it after reading a few good reviews but it can't touch the my ZT or my 800 from 2008 for that matter.
Mr Paw's Avatar Mr Paw 01:16 AM 01-12-2014
By the way. I took my own advice and pulled out my Digital Video Essentials Blu Ray tonight. My girlfriend patiently watched with me because I can't see week red or green due to colour blindness (1 in 7 men have it). Using the grayscale ramp she could see some green using both THX modes at approx 30 and 70 IRE. Not enough to think I was seeing a close up of the Hulk but just a hint of it. This is what a calibration will dial out. Looking forward to calibration at the end of Feb.

Oh and sharpness control does nothing until about 70 when it starts adding extra white halos around the test pattern that shouldn't be there. Sharpness should be at 0. But even moving up to 50 there was no apparent change to the image.
iChristopher's Avatar iChristopher 02:38 AM 01-12-2014
Thanks for the advice guys! I will be going with him tomorrow to best buy to look at the ZT again before he either cancels or sticks with it.... I'll be doing my best to talk him into it... since I don't have a ZT he should! I can go enjoy it at his place lol... if the vizios are within a decent price range when they come out I might snag one.
iChristopher's Avatar iChristopher 02:43 AM 01-12-2014
One more thing... I saw a few post back that there was issues with lip sync with sound bars?? Does anyone have a Sonos play bar hooked up with the ZT? Any lip sync issues?
pg_ice's Avatar pg_ice 06:13 AM 01-12-2014
i have just a few questions

i heard that you can raise peak brightness in the servicemenu on the zt60.
how high can it reach ?

i also wonder how aggressive the ABL is.
what brightness level has a 100% white field?

it seems by reading the comments that the brightness is not enough for 3D?
i think you need to go up higher than 200cd/m2 to get decent brightness with 3D content.

is there a way to put a bottle of NOS and use some nitrous oxide on the zt60 and bypass the low power resrictions wink.gif ?
i so then im thinking of buying this one for its great blacks and color performance.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 11:32 AM 01-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_ice View Post

i have just a few questions

i heard that you can raise peak brightness in the servicemenu on the zt60.
how high can it reach ?

i also wonder how aggressive the ABL is.
what brightness level has a 100% white field?

it seems by reading the comments that the brightness is not enough for 3D?
i think you need to go up higher than 200cd/m2 to get decent brightness with 3D content.

is there a way to put a bottle of NOS and use some nitrous oxide on the zt60 and bypass the low power resrictions wink.gif ?
i so then im thinking of buying this one for its great blacks and color performance.

Ive found my ZT useless for 3d, ive experienced alot of crosstalk and a picture so dim i couldnt watch it. That was when i first got it though. I have about 700 hours now and im waiting on a calibration about a week from now to go back and give 3d another chance. Im sure their is some way to mod the brightness, why wouldnt that be possible? The question is who is going to engineer it. Would you be willing to let someone play with all the inner workings of your ZT to experiment and no warranty coverage? Lol
pg_ice's Avatar pg_ice 11:35 AM 01-12-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

The question is who is going to engineer it. Would you be willing to let someone play with all the inner workings of your ZT to experiment and no warranty coverage? Lol

you are right
so the best solution is to fix it yourself wink.gif

i will have a look at it
if it breaks it breaks smile.gif
myared's Avatar myared 11:46 AM 01-12-2014
While the esthetics of the ZT60 stand are top notch, the sturdiness is not especially for the 65". My TV is now sitting on top of a huge, very heavy, and very stable drawer chest. Anytime someone walks by, the TV wobbles ever so slightly, but enough to make a creaking noise and be visible if someone looks from the side. I've ordered a TV safety strap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001132UEE/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) to tether the TV to the wall or the furniture. Hope this will fix the problem. Anyone else experienced the same issue and/or has any other suggestions for a solution? Thanks.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 215  216  217 218  219  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop