Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 235 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 56Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7021 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lake Tahoe, NV
Posts: 4,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post

Only with a mod can some kuros go deeper in black levels....brightness has now been matched in some cases exceeded by the ZT60

we're posting about the other end, not MLL.

Need to be in sync which patterns are being used of course. The ABL handler is also is in play here on the stock 9G Kuro Monitors (not TV's) vs the 60 Series (best to watch reference content side by side).

We'll evaluate fully again in the 60 Series' PB High
vinnie97 likes this.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

 

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

turbe is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7022 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 09:46 AM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post

Folks, we got a non believer!
You only need to quote him once...
vinnie97 is offline  
post #7023 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Yes. Won't have it done unless they work out the issues. I only hear my fan if no volume. And to be honest, if hadn't visited AVS Forums and knew of the problem, I might not notice it.

There should be an easier way to fix this problem since the noise is not the actual fan but vibration of the rear panel as air flows through the vents. If I place my hand over the vent, the sound is barely noticeable. May try making the baffles to see how much the sound is reduced. That should be easy enough.
eaayoung is offline  
post #7024 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 09:50 AM
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View PostReading this is making me think twice about getting the fan fix on my June built 65inch ZT60? Hmmmmmmm??? I just don't know now if I should get it done and risk this event?

Are others here thinking the same thing as me?

I agree if the fan noise is unacceptable, I will get rid of the TV hopefully it is quiet! getting it on Wednesday

wse is offline  
post #7025 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 AM
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View PostYes. Won't have it done unless they work out the issues. I only hear my fan if no volume. And to be honest, if hadn't visited AVS Forums and knew of the problem, I might not notice it.

There should be an easier way to fix this problem since the noise is not the actual fan but vibration of the rear panel as air flows through the vents. If I place my hand over the vent, the sound is barely noticeable. May try making the baffles to see how much the sound is reduced. That should be easy enough.

Over analysis!

wse is offline  
post #7026 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Member
 
Jeffrey Schlak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does anyone know if an IP driver can be used to control the ZT60? I have control4 and cannot come up with any type of IP driver.
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeffrey Schlak is offline  
post #7027 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
rifleman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Reading this is making me think twice about getting the fan fix on my June built 65inch ZT60? Hmmmmmmm??? I just don't know now if I should get it done and risk this event?

Are others here thinking the same thing as me?

If I put my ear behind the tv and hit mute, I can hear the fans. Umute it and it's barely noticeable for me (a little hard of hearing) and my wife who has normal hearing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is my motto. And I have a June build as well.
repete66211 likes this.
rifleman69 is offline  
post #7028 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,794
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #7029 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Member
 
johdtv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post

Gregg and I have discussed technique on the VT50, so I think we can do it again. smile.gif

Yes! Chad give him a call. I'm going to book him for Feb. smile.gif Fortunate to have talented calibrators on this forum.
johdtv is offline  
post #7030 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Influence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Here.

Well, I had the fan fix done by a service team. Looks like they were the ones who did this to my set. I am still amazed that these service bulletins are out there and Panny support still tried to blame me for the damage. Now I'm going to send this bulletin over to my service reps. Still haven't heard what Panny is doing with my replacement/refund set. I wonder if they are going to go after the service company now for the replacement cost? I think my fan fix was performed after this service bulletin was released.

Good news is that if you don't screw with your set, this shouldn't happen to you. I should have just left the thing alone
Influence is offline  
post #7031 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Member
 
ArcticHaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post

So if I play 2 hours in one sitting of COD will I get IR? This is the only thing keeping me from buying one as I convinced my father in law to get a 55 VT60 and it looks great (I have a 50 pio f141d). I'll play a game for 2-3 hours maybe 2 times a week and don't want to damage the TV. Combine that with other posts here that the IR takes a while for it to go away sometimes and the store I went to has burn in from a menu screen and i'm just left scratching my head how the IR is worse than the 2006 panasonic I have and a 2009 Pioneer. Is this really the case guys?

The lack of OLED development has me really worried and now I can only hope some of those new Sony TV's or maybe Vizio R LED's somehow improve to good enough on the black levels and motion (but I'll deal with viewing angle issues).

Even just 2 games of Team Death Match will produce IR from the lower left and right menus (team scores and bullets left). I'm just worried that when a good game title comes in and you want to play for 3-5 hours straight - it's definitely not going to happen with this TV. I was pretty darn close to buying the 8000 series Samsung LED until I read about the amazing blacks from this TV. Then I saw it in person... that sealed the deal. I guess even if I got the 8000 Samsung I would have always wondered what if I got the ZT60? A techie can never be happy with his toys. What if? What if?
ArcticHaze is offline  
post #7032 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Member
 
DavidW1820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22

Greetings all:

 

Took the plunge and went from a 1986 Sony 20" Trinitron (still a great small crt!) to the 60" ZT. Delivered last Wednesday from Amazon. Nice driver, flawless condition. Signed based on no damage and powered it up a few hours later because it was below freezing. No issues at all. Mine is an October build date, the sequential number in the ZT owner folio says A15303. All this talk of fan noise, delamination, and panel hum had me worried to say the least. I have good hearing and the fan sounded really faint with the sound muted and your ear right up to the panel. Mine is mounted on a wooden stand 30" off the floor and I watch it 9 1/2 feet away. I noticed a slight blip in the fan as the TV powers up then it disappears and I've got 29 hours on it so far. The flicker and IR that people associate with plasma, is non-existant as well. My friend has the 55" GT30 that I've watch a lot and his set is perfect as well (no IR). Amazing picture on both sets.

 

Spending a good amount of time in front of that set, along with Panasonic's plasma demise pushed me to act. I started looking last fall in earnest and finally concluded that I wanted the best if they weren't going to make them anymore. Now I'm grappling with thoughts of calibration but the stock THX Cinema looks really, really good already. It is hard to conceive of a better picture after seeing everything there is out there now and in the past. I made the obligatory stop in front of the Samsung OLED and yes, it wowed me. But certainly not a $9,000 wow. Same with the various 4K LCD displays. Big money and not better than mine. The Samsung 8500 was a contender but in the end three things swayed me to the ZT. I like the softer, more movie-like Panasonic picture. I prefer the overall appearance of the ZT and the full width 8500 stand wouldn't work on my surface. The brighter 8500 display was tempting because I have a very sunny room with East and South facing windows. I put plantation style blinds on the windows and even in the strongest sunlight I enjoy the ZT. The ambient light filter really works on it. The 8500 has, in my opinion, a slightly more "LCD look" to it that's hard to define. My only complaint so far is difficulty getting the DLNA mirroring to work on my Droid. I must be doing something wrong. The remote app works great though, it's just pushing content to the TV that's been my trouble.

 

Hope everyone else is enjoying theirs. Great way to start off the new year.

 

Dave

Mr Paw likes this.
DavidW1820 is offline  
post #7033 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Newbie
 
nordster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off if this has been covered and answered please accept my apologies but through much time reading what I thought were all of the threads I was not able to find anything that addresses my issue if it is an issue. I Have a beautiful ZT60 and have had it for about two months now. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer Elite VSX 33 with 7.1 that powers B&W speakers and a Sony blue ray player. I used D-Nice's settings which made the picture really pop. I have my cable box (Comcast) and BD player hooked up via hdmi and one hdmi from my receiver going to the ZT60. I really like the picture quality I get from the ZT60 Netflix app vs. the Sony player so I have been using that instead. However I have to use the sound coming from the tv instead of my surround. Can anyone help me and explain how I would get the sound directed to my receiver when using any of the ZT 60 apps? many thanks
Nordster
nordster is offline  
post #7034 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Member
 
DavidW1820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordster View Post

First off if this has been covered and answered please accept my apologies but through much time reading what I thought were all of the threads I was not able to find anything that addresses my issue if it is an issue. I Have a beautiful ZT60 and have had it for about two months now. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer Elite VSX 33 with 7.1 that powers B&W speakers and a Sony blue ray player. I used D-Nice's settings which made the picture really pop. I have my cable box (Comcast) and BD player hooked up via hdmi and one hdmi from my receiver going to the ZT60. I really like the picture quality I get from the ZT60 Netflix app vs. the Sony player so I have been using that instead. However I have to use the sound coming from the tv instead of my surround. Can anyone help me and explain how I would get the sound directed to my receiver when using any of the ZT 60 apps? many thanks
Nordster


I just had the same issue! No!! You take the sound out of the TV with either the optical audio out jack or the HDMI 2 input which is a two way. See page 16 in your manual.

DavidW1820 is offline  
post #7035 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticHaze View Post

Even just 2 games of Team Death Match will produce IR from the lower left and right menus (team scores and bullets left). I'm just worried that when a good game title comes in and you want to play for 3-5 hours straight - it's definitely not going to happen with this TV. I was pretty darn close to buying the 8000 series Samsung LED until I read about the amazing blacks from this TV. Then I saw it in person... that sealed the deal. I guess even if I got the 8000 Samsung I would have always wondered what if I got the ZT60? A techie can never be happy with his toys. What if? What if?
I used to play games for hours with no IR. Now I get it for a bit after a couple of hours. Not a big deal since it goes away.

repete66211 is online now  
post #7036 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Reading this is making me think twice about getting the fan fix on my June built 65inch ZT60? Hmmmmmmm??? I just don't know now if I should get it done and risk this event?

Are others here thinking the same thing as me?
You can get the fan fix, just make sure the tech is aware of the service bulletin regarding the reinstallation of the rear panel.

repete66211 is online now  
post #7037 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
BTW, I checked my unit. No bumps.

repete66211 is online now  
post #7038 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 12:05 PM
Newbie
 
nordster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What? I have to read the manual? smile.gif I glossed over that one. Thanks. Off to the store!
nordster is offline  
post #7039 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Member
 
larrygeary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Somerset County, NJ
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
This is a follow-up to my post about the bump in the back cover of my ZT60. I was planning to try to force the cover into the groove where I see the bump, so I started by moving the set away from the wall and carefully examining the situation. What I found differed from my expectation.

Here is a drawing of what I expected the "groove" in the bezel looked like:



I thought there was an actual groove in the bezel, and the back cover fits into that groove. Wrong. Here is what it really looks like:



There is a small metal protrusion on the bezel which runs the entire length. The back cover has a small lip where it protrudes forward. The lip of the cover must be placed between the protrusion on the bezel and the edge of the bezel that bends down from the top. There is 2mm-3mm of space in there. There is no way that the lip of the cover could be brought below the protrusion without all the screw holes being out of alignment. Where I see a bump on the back cover, the cover is slightly deformed upward (remember it is very thin and easily deformed) but it is entirely within the "groove" formed by the bezel and the protrusion. In other words, I DON'T have an issue.

I went back to the service bulletin

http://www.avsforum.com/attachments/74987

and looked at the pictures more closely. The picture showing improper cover assembly is really like this:



As you see, in the case of improper assembly, the lip of the back cover is pressed against the upper lip of the bezel itself, and is entirely outside the "groove". That is not my situation at all.

So you may want to go back and look again. If you have a bump, it may be just a small deformation of the back cover while the cover itself is still correctly in place. Looking all around the bezel, I see that the gap (the "groove") is not entirely even everywhere. I attribute that to small variations in the bezel, the cover, and screw hole placement due to normal tolerances.
larrygeary is offline  
post #7040 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kluken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
BB just picked my ZT60 up for return, what a hassle. BB wants to inspect the panel and wants to know why I was returning it, well what a mistake. I should have said it just powers off. They take pictures of the delamination and keep calling it a crack. I told them it is not a crack as you can see it on the inside. They had to call BB who authorized the return, but they noticed the screws were touched. I get it, they are responsible of the set is damged on the way back, but man Panasonic really screwed everyone with this design if this is so painful to deal with. At least my VT60 is looking great and the second one is coming in a few days.
kluken is offline  
post #7041 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Member
 
LeKnobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
(Posting this here as well as in the deals thread in order to reassure and lessen the internet anxiety on the microfracture issue.)

I just had my ZT fixed for the fan noise. Highly recommend getting it done, made a big difference. I asked the Panasonic tech how many of the ZTs he had fixed for fan noise and he said around 25 so far. Then I asked him if he had seen any of the microfracture issues, and he said no, none. So that is strong evidence from someone who would know that this issue is being seriously overblown like many tend to do on the internet. He also mentioned that the ZTs are unique in that they have a little "groove" that you need to line up the back of the unit with so that you seat it properly without putting any stress on the glass. So bottom line, don't do it yourself, it pays to have an experienced tech do the repair, and in conclusion there is obviously no widespread issue here according to the repair tech who would definitely know.
James Meckley likes this.
LeKnobber is offline  
post #7042 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 02:44 PM
Member
 
Mike204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21

Just a quick update.

 

After picking my set up in the states, and bringing it home during a blizzard warning (have a lot of experience traveling in poor conditions) at a temperature of -18. The set is setup and doing slides.

 

It's an October build date and omg, this thing is sexy.

 

No fan noise, no buzzing,  no dead pixels from what I've seen and I yea....I'm giggly like a schoolgirl.

 

Instead of replacing our 65GT30 with the ZT, we're going to keep the GT30 upstairs and rock the 65ZT60 downstairs with the gaming projector....Just gotta get a pull down screen off amazon and the dream man cave will be complete.

 

Gaming projector for Halo 4 & big sporting events with all the boys over.


Roll up the screen *angelic music* 65ZT60 wall mounted behind.

 

Wife gets the 65GT30 to abuse with all the letterbox, static logo's she wants. haha

 

 

I can't believe how classy this tv looks, I'm loving it.

Mike204 is offline  
post #7043 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 PM
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKnobber View Post

(Posting this here as well as in the deals thread in order to reassure and lessen the internet anxiety on the microfracture issue.)

I just had my ZT fixed for the fan noise. Highly recommend getting it done, made a big difference. I asked the Panasonic tech how many of the ZTs he had fixed for fan noise and he said around 25 so far. Then I asked him if he had seen any of the microfracture issues, and he said no, none. So that is strong evidence from someone who would know that this issue is being seriously overblown like many tend to do on the internet. He also mentioned that the ZTs are unique in that they have a little "groove" that you need to line up the back of the unit with so that you seat it properly without putting any stress on the glass. So bottom line, don't do it yourself, it pays to have an experienced tech do the repair, and in conclusion there is obviously no widespread issue here according to the repair tech who would definitely know.

Well he is not going to tell you that he has seen a bunch of micro-fractures, come on he works for Panasonic. I agree don't do it yourself!

wse is offline  
post #7044 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,711
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Well he is not going to tell you that he has seen a bunch of micro-fractures, come on he works for Panasonic. I agree don't do it yourself!
I don't think these repair techs work for Panasonic. They are probably contracted out based on your location. They don't have a reason to lie.

Hasn't this issue just recently come up here? There are probably a lot more ZT60 owners on this site then the tech would see. If he only fixed 25 panels, I would surely hope he hasn't seen it.

If it is going to be a widespread issues, I would have a feeling it will be seen on this site in numbers more then anywhere else.
James Meckley likes this.
eric3316 is online now  
post #7045 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kluken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
It seems the micro fractures are mostly related to the way the back cover is put back on or any undue stress on the panel. It seems the panel needs to be under the rear lip. Just verify the tech out the panel on right and you will be fine.
kluken is offline  
post #7046 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Member
 
Terebi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Every new member gets 10 thumbs up by default. wink.gif AVS should disable this misleading "feature." I agree with the rest of your post.

Or is it saying new members are all thumbs? And when can I trade in some of my thumbs for fingers?

smile.gif
Terebi is offline  
post #7047 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Member
 
LeKnobber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 74
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Well he is not going to tell you that he has seen a bunch of micro-fractures, come on he works for Panasonic.

Completely wrong. He is an independent third party that repairs Samsung, Panny, and all other manufacturerers panels. He told me all the brands he repairs but I don't remember the full list.
LeKnobber is offline  
post #7048 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 03:34 PM
Member
 
Mike204's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21

I think what bothers me in regards to this whole panel issue is the fact so many people are saying they're "dissapointed" with the build quality by Panasonic or they can't believe Panasonic would build it so cheaply.

 

I've been looking over my ZT60 and it is built like a tank, is the very back middle of the middle flimsy aluminum? yes, why wouldn't it be? It's the one part of the TV which should never be touched or exposed. Other then that, it's extremely well built, and the stand is a tank.

 

If the issue is due to the back panel being re-installed incorrectly, how does that have anything to do with the build quality? Technically, I can take apart any of my electronics and put it back together incorrectly and cause it issues. That doesn't mean the initial build was poor.
 

If anything the issue is it's built too well, with such tight tolerances care must be taking if it is ever re-assembled.

 

So please, if anyone is over concerned about there ZT60 coming to them soon, don't be worried. Just enjoy it.

Mr Paw, skidawgz and DavidW1820 like this.
Mike204 is offline  
post #7049 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kluken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
True the initial build quality is good, but they never considered the issues with panel being replaced incorrectly, also some have reported the issue without the panel being replaced. But it is clear the gapless panel is fragile and with a huge length on top it is not easy to get the entire length of the back panel to get under the lip because the back panel is so thin the metal bends and twists so easily.
kluken is offline  
post #7050 of 12406 Old 01-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Member
 
DavidW1820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike204 View Post
 

I think what bothers me in regards to this whole panel issue is the fact so many people are saying they're "dissapointed" with the build quality by Panasonic or they can't believe Panasonic would build it so cheaply.

 

I've been looking over my ZT60 and it is built like a tank, is the very back middle of the middle flimsy aluminum? yes, why wouldn't it be? It's the one part of the TV which should never be touched or exposed. Other then that, it's extremely well built, and the stand is a tank.

 

If the issue is due to the back panel being re-installed incorrectly, how does that have anything to do with the build quality? Technically, I can take apart any of my electronics and put it back together incorrectly and cause it issues. That doesn't mean the initial build was poor.
 

If anything the issue is it's built too well, with such tight tolerances care must be taking if it is ever re-assembled.

 

So please, if anyone is over concerned about there ZT60 coming to them soon, don't be worried. Just enjoy it.

 

Exactly!!

 

Couldn't agree more. I posted a similar comment to yours in another thread about the delamination, fan noise, buzzing, etc. For those affected by these issues and being out serious money, that's a problem but I think the numbers are pretty small out of all the plasmas Panasonic sold this year. My impressions so far mirror yours after 4 days of ownership. Superb build quality, tight tolerances, a lot of R & D and engineering went into these sets. Look how thin they are yet pack so much performance. The bezel on mine is finished like a Rolex watch. I didn't choose it for the bezel obviously but for the picture. I say hats off to Panny for a job well done.

eaayoung, skidawgz and Mike204 like this.
DavidW1820 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off