Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 238 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7111 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I think I bought the last ZT60 from Panasonic website (after I bought it last night it was sold out). I have Panasonic 800U since it was released years ago and it has being a great TV for many years. No problems with burn in or anything like that, all I did was break it in properly for 200-300 hours. I am pretty confident in Panasonic and its products. I am a little worried from the things that I've being reading here but I'll buy the extended warranty in case something happens. Can't wait to get it! Here is hoping to watch the 49ers in the SuperBowl on my new TV! Go 49ers! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post

I cannot find a 65" VT anywhere. They don't exist in northern NJ. You are correct though that if I just put the 65" on the stand i'd save money that way. And i've never bought insurance before on two prior plasmas and never had an issue (3rd time is a charm, right?). I'm one of the lucky few where $2k doesn't seem like a big deal, so I count myself lucky. I don't do it everyday mind you, but i'm not putting this on credit cards and paying off over time. For some reason $3k just psychologically feels different than $2k. Perhaps because I figure a year from now I could buy a 65" 4K LED (although not a plasma), that this makes the $3300 feel a bit on the high side. Decisions....
Yes, you are blessed. wink.gif The only reason I put my June purchase on a credit card was to take advantage of 0% APR. I have every intention of paying it off well before the promotion ends, however.
post #7113 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 01:57 PM

Sorry if this has been asked here but can you guys recommend a good wall mount for my Plasma ZT60 60"? Monoprice have so many that I don't know which one would be good. I haven't have to buy one in many years so I am not sure which ones stand out. Thanks!
post #7114 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post

@ Jason Priestly

Regarding the warranty. I got the 5 year on my 60ZT60 as well and from what I was told , the replacement would be a comparable high end set. Even if the value doesn't exactly match. That's what I was told by two different reps. For example, I was told since plasma probably wouldn't be available it would possibly be a high end 4k set or maybe Oled if it's a few years down the line and prices have come down obviously. So if that's the case, it wouldn't be a bad deal hopefully. If Speakerphile pops in here, maybe he can elaborate on this a little more.

I got the extended warranty from my dealer...basically it extends my warranty beyond the manufacturers warranty by another three years. What they told me was that if my ZT60 bit the bullet, it would be replaced with a comparable TV at that high end. If I don't use the warranty four years down the road they credit me back the money as store credit...which I expect at that time I'll be ready to spend more money.

Eric

My Stuff: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 w/  Ideal-Lume Bias Lighting, Yamaha RX-V3800, Oppo BDP-103D

post #7115 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:43 PM

Liked: 14
put my 60" on a Peerless SF660P Universal Fixed Low-Profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkilla408 View Post

Sorry if this has been asked here but can you guys recommend a good wall mount for my Plasma ZT60 60"? Monoprice have so many that I don't know which one would be good. I haven't have to buy one in many years so I am not sure which ones stand out. Thanks!
post #7116 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Yes, you are blessed. wink.gif The only reason I put my June purchase on a credit card was to take advantage of 0% APR. I have every intention of paying it off well before the promotion ends, however.

The 0% APR is fantastic really. I just meant that there are people who shouldn't buy things on credit vs people who take advantage of good credit arbitrage. I've done 0% APR on my last two purchases and it was letting me float credit for free. Perfect. This time I just charged it on my regular card so I can still get the 1% rewards at best buy but also points on my CC (they did actually say if I use a BB CC, i could choose 6% rewards instead of 0% APR). Its a slippery slope when you start charging on cards and not paying the full balance by the end of the month. On the flip side, I charge literally everything (never carry cash) and like the points and the protection if I have a dispute with the retailer.
post #7117 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post

I got the extended warranty from my dealer...basically it extends my warranty beyond the manufacturers warranty by another three years. What they told me was that if my ZT60 bit the bullet, it would be replaced with a comparable TV at that high end. If I don't use the warranty four years down the road they credit me back the money as store credit...which I expect at that time I'll be ready to spend more money.

What dealer offers that?
post #7118 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post

I did that in 2008 with my 800u. It was 5 years. I now get all funds back to use in store for up to 50% of the regular price of an item. So I couldn't use for Boxing Day sales which was a bit of a bummer.

With the ZT I just used my Platinum Mastercard which doubles the warranty on anything you buy to a max of two years. No additional cost. If you make a claim they want you to ship the defective item to them but in Canada shipping is so expensive they will just accept a letter from a local repair shop saying it's not repairable for less than the cost of a new set. Then they just mail you a cheque for what you paid. Works great.

As for wall mounts I'm using a Sonos mount that I got off of Amazon last year when I had a 50GT50 for a while. It's rated to 165lbs and up to 90" with a 15deg tilt. I think it cost $30.
post #7119 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Priestley View Post

What dealer offers that?

This is true I believe he purchased from (Visions), a Canadian Audio & Video store. I got the 5 year extended warranty for my GT50 as well, if you don't use it, you get the money back you spent for warranty at the end of the expiring date in gift card Or if you use it, you get an equal high end replacement value worth what you og paid.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28'sCenter Channel- Klipsch RC-52Sub - Klipsch Sub 12Surrounds - Klipsch RS-52 II (new)Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3Receiver - Onkyo RC-360HTPC - Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,3 TB,wireless WMC keyboardVideo processor - Darbee
post #7120 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thank You all for the info in this thread. Any suggestions on a solid high speed wireless router that will allow me to use my laptop Blu-ray for watching movies? It is a 3D laptop. I do like Netgear but I'm stuck with a cisco docs 3 modem and get about 50 meg. download speed.

Thank You Again
post #7121 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

Go lookup Monoprice SKU 8577 or 8578
post #7122 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys ... Maybe we have talked about this before or not, but I don't remember. In your AVRs, do you use your Video Conversion functions or do you just let the TV do all the PQ work? What I'm trying to understand is if you'd let your receiver "improve" your PQ using its internal video software and hardware or are you just turning it off? I go back and forth to be honest. It seems to be slowing down my Comcast X1 signal reproduction significantly when I have it on for 1080p/24 reproduction. When in THX mode or running D-Nice or Cnet settings a football game or faster action scenes seem slow so I turned it off.

My AVR is really amazing, it's a Pioneer Elite SC-67 and I know the tools on it are too notch. But I just don't see the benefit since when playing bluray I can force 24p anyway.

Let me know.
post #7123 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilodan View Post

Hey guys ... Maybe we have talked about this before or not, but I don't remember. In your AVRs, do you use your Video Conversion functions or do you just let the TV do all the PQ work? What I'm trying to understand is if you'd let your receiver "improve" your PQ using its internal video software and hardware or are you just turning it off? I go back and forth to be honest. It seems to be slowing down my Comcast X1 signal reproduction significantly when I have it on for 1080p/24 reproduction. When in THX mode or running D-Nice or Cnet settings a football game or faster action scenes seem slow so I turned it off.

My AVR is really amazing, it's a Pioneer Elite SC-67 and I know the tools on it are too notch. But I just don't see the benefit since when playing bluray I can force 24p anyway.

Let me know.

I would shut it off. The only thing I let mine handle is scaling to 1080 from a lower resolution source. I don't want it messing with colour temp, brightness, contrast etc..
repete66211 likes this.
post #7124 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermole View Post

Thank You all for the info in this thread. Any suggestions on a solid high speed wireless router that will allow me to use my laptop Blu-ray for watching movies? It is a 3D laptop. I do like Netgear but I'm stuck with a cisco docs 3 modem and get about 50 meg. download speed.

Thank You Again

Wouldn't a Blu-Ray DVD Player cost just as much or less than a router?
post #7125 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:23 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman69 View Post

Wouldn't a Blu-Ray DVD Player cost just as much or less than a router?

Depending on the quality, probably less expensive. But the best Blu-ray player will cost more.
post #7126 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post

Depending on the quality, probably less expensive. But the best Blu-ray player will cost more.

So why would the OP want to run something wirelessly to the tv when a standalone Blu Ray player would do the job just as easily if not cheaper!
post #7127 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman69 View Post

So why would the OP want to run something wirelessly to the tv when a standalone Blu Ray player would do the job just as easily if not cheaper!

Agree. I would buy a Blu-ray player. Less expensive than a decent router.
post #7128 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 04:31 PM

Hey guys, I'm a complete newb, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong spot, but I recently purchased a P60ZT65 over the holiday season and personally, I love it. It's a nice upgrade from old Samsung LED DLP. I have one newbie issue though: burn-in (maybe). I've been uber careful with this TV knowing that plasma has this issue. I've been playing some games on Xbox, mainly Street Fighter 4, and noticed to my horror not but 4 weeks almost to the day since I've received my TV that the static counter at the top and the gauges at the bottom are present in white screens. I could have cried. I have the Disney WoW disc running a pixel flipper right now and it's helped some...they're mostly pretty faint since I've been running it for almost 24 hours straight now. My question to you all is this: when do I give up the ghost (no pun intended) and accept that the screen is burned in after 4 weeks of usage? I don't want to hurt it by continuous use. Or also, is there something else I can try to run? That being said, the TV is still not out of its break-in phase. I don't pause the game on that screen. I play continous matches, but they only last maybe a minute or two at best and then screen refreshes. I turn the TV off when I leave the room for an extended period and the Xbox is still running. Anyway, any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated.
post #7129 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabdnon View Post

Hey guys, I'm a complete newb, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the wrong spot, but I recently purchased a P60ZT65 over the holiday season and personally, I love it. It's a nice upgrade from old Samsung LED DLP. I have one newbie issue though: burn-in (maybe). I've been uber careful with this TV knowing that plasma has this issue. I've been playing some games on Xbox, mainly Street Fighter 4, and noticed to my horror not but 4 weeks almost to the day since I've received my TV that the static counter at the top and the gauges at the bottom are present in white screens. I could have cried. I have the Disney WoW disc running a pixel flipper right now and it's helped some...they're mostly pretty faint since I've been running it for almost 24 hours straight now. My question to you all is this: when do I give up the ghost (no pun intended) and accept that the screen is burned in after 4 weeks of usage? I don't want to hurt it by continuous use. Or also, is there something else I can try to run? That being said, the TV is still not out of its break-in phase. I don't pause the game on that screen. I play continous matches, but they only last maybe a minute or two at best and then screen refreshes. I turn the TV off when I leave the room for an extended period and the Xbox is still running. Anyway, any suggestions you might have would be most appreciated.
Def not burn in, run the screen wipe and some pixel flipper and you should be fine.
post #7130 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:15 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

Without harping on sound wouldn't a sony s790 produce reference blu-ray PQ for half of the cost of an oppo 103?
Mr Paw and repete66211 like this.
post #7131 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Agree. I would buy a Blu-ray player. Less expensive than a decent router.

Well I need to connect the Panasonic TC-P60VT60 to the internet first and still have full speed on the laptop. The cisco docs 3 modem only has one Ethernet output. The laptop is really a desktop replacement so I just used that Ethernet cable to get online. As far as buying a Blu-ray player goes. I may or may not buy another one. My laptop has the capability to play a Blu-ray and send a wifi connection to the TV. In fact the laptop came with the exact same 3d glasses.

Laptop
post #7132 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terebi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post

Should add something about how if the tv is plugged into a UPS, buzzing may be louder. UPS itself could also be buzzing (just like mine does).
Thanks, added.
post #7133 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Shop monoprice.com for the style you want. I've installed over 15 TVs, ranging in weights and sizes. I would recommend a tilt or flat mount from monoprice.com. I would go to amazon.com for a full motion mount as I feel the mounts with arms that have cable management are the nicest.

get any cables there too.

AVR: Marantz 7008 Phono: Pro-Ject Debut III Speakers: BW CMC2 + 2xCM9 + Energy 2xCB-10 (rear)
TV: Panasonic 65ZT60
post #7134 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Thanks, added.

if your UPS is buzzing then you probably have gone too high in wattage for the recommended rating. Buy a larger wattage UPS and that should go away.
eric3316 likes this.

AVR: Marantz 7008 Phono: Pro-Ject Debut III Speakers: BW CMC2 + 2xCM9 + Energy 2xCB-10 (rear)
TV: Panasonic 65ZT60
post #7135 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 05:58 PM

Thanks guys for the help. I appreciate it. I purchased one from Monoprice.
post #7136 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermole View Post

Well I need to connect the Panasonic TC-P60VT60 to the internet first and still have full speed on the laptop. The cisco docs 3 modem only has one Ethernet output. The laptop is really a desktop replacement so I just used that Ethernet cable to get online. As far as buying a Blu-ray player goes. I may or may not buy another one. My laptop has the capability to play a Blu-ray and send a wifi connection to the TV. In fact the laptop came with the exact same 3d glasses.

Laptop

I'd buy the Blu Ray player and skip the laptop.
post #7137 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inseconds99 View Post

Without harping on sound wouldn't a sony s790 produce reference blu-ray PQ for half of the cost of an oppo 103?

Exactly.
post #7138 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawgz View Post

if your UPS is buzzing then you probably have gone too high in wattage for the recommended rating. Buy a larger wattage UPS and that should go away.
Added this in there as well. I do not use a UPS so going with what you guys tell me.
post #7139 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Added this in there as well. I do not use a UPS so going with what you guys tell me.

You should definitely use a UPS for a tv or anything else this costly. Run, don't walk to buy one.
post #7140 of 12371 Old 01-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidawgz View Post

Perhaps. The UPS has plenty of wattage to handle the tv, but right now it's not tv only. Will take your post as a recommendation to see if same happens when no other electronic devices are attached to it. (It's an APC Smart UPS SUA1500.)

(I just yesterday put the tv back into the UPS, was maybe seeing some video noise on the tv, wanted to see if UPS helped clean up the power a bit.)
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page