Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 298 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8911 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
????? I have a 65zt60....3 weeks old 116 hrs on it....

Watching from 8 ft away...i see a lot of dithering I guess it's called....picture pixels jumping around like fireflies....will this get better with hrs or calibration. ..

Following cnet and d nice settings...

It bothers me alitlle....on blu ray 1080 p or 1080i....it's not noticeable at all

I have brighthouse cable...Usually on feeds of 720p....

Any Thoughts??

Very dark viewing area....one window with blinds....Watching primarily at night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8912 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 04:22 AM

Liked: 16
ok , so here are my pics for screen detaching from bezel bottom left corner. They are taken from about 5 inches away except the last one at about a foot.
All other corners are fine.

post #8913 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post

Has anyone asked ST if they will honor a Costco bought warranty for a non-Costco TV? I called to inquire about Amazon ST deal and was told by 3 different reps that the ST Amazon pricing is good only for Amazon sold TVs.

Yes, the ST warranty bought through Costco covers non-Costco-purchased items. I bought one there after purchasing my ZT60 through Amazon. The warranty registration process at ST involves you sending your sales invoice or receipt before the warranty is validated. Mine clearly stated Amazon. The Costco site listing for the warranty as previously posted clearly states "Plan must be bought within 60 days of TV purchase. Costco Members may buy plans for new TVs purchased from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer."
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post

Yes. If you bought the TV from another vendor, you only get three years + Panasonic's warranty = 4 years total.
At $99..., cheap insurance.

Wrong - 5 years - see the link above. I purchased the warranty from ST, When I check with them, my plan says "5 years"...but I agree it is cheap insurance. I specifically asked ST about my situation, and Costco covers year 2. Here is the answer from ST: "Your SquareTrade warranty will start after two years as first year, your manufacturer will cover you. For the second year costco will provide you coverage and then extended 3 years SquareTrade will cover the repairs."
repete66211 likes this.
post #8914 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

In order to get 2nd year through costco doesn't the tv have to be bought at Costco?

Quote:

Yes. If you bought the TV from another vendor, you only get three years + Panasonic's warranty = 4 years total.
At $99..., cheap insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

That is my understating but it's not really clear when you read the warranty.

Seems logical, but I too haven't seen that stipulation in writing. Any links?

Even if so, it's still about $100 less even with buying the membership.

Just because there is a knob doesn't mean you should turn it.
post #8915 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnchopz34 View Post

????? I have a 65zt60....3 weeks old 116 hrs on it....

Watching from 8 ft away...i see a lot of dithering I guess it's called....picture pixels jumping around like fireflies....will this get better with hrs or calibration. ..

Following cnet and d nice settings...

It bothers me alitlle....on blu ray 1080 p or 1080i....it's not noticeable at all

I have brighthouse cable...Usually on feeds of 720p....

Any Thoughts??

Very dark viewing area....one window with blinds....Watching primarily at night
Sounds like pixelation - first try rebooting the box - try changing output from box to pass through or if still doesn't help change output to 10801 - only channels that use 720P are ESPN & Fox (I think?) If not call brighthouse and complain have them send out someone to check connections/box!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #8916 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:23 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post

Sounds like pixelation - first try rebooting the box - try changing output from box to pass through or if still doesn't help change output to 10801 - only channels that use 720P are ESPN & Fox (I think?) If not call brighthouse and complain have them send out someone to check connections/box!

Also check the coax connection at the back of the cable box. Even a little bit of looseness can cause problems.
post #8917 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:46 AM

Will do.....box is about 4 yes old....might be time to update...

I will check coaxial as well...

I hope it works. ..Olympics look great at 1080i...but at 720p..getting this pixelization
post #8918 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Changing output from box to pass thru...hdmi cable?? .i have a str840 av reciever...could it be that signal is being processed thru reciever then thru zt60 causing the issue???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post

post #8919 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 06:23 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC3 View Post

Yes, the ST warranty bought through Costco covers non-Costco-purchased items. I bought one there after purchasing my ZT60 through Amazon. The warranty registration process at ST involves you sending your sales invoice or receipt before the warranty is validated. Mine clearly stated Amazon. The Costco site listing for the warranty as previously posted clearly states "Plan must be bought within 60 days of TV purchase. Costco Members may buy plans for new TVs purchased from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer."
Wrong - 5 years - see the link above. I purchased the warranty from ST, When I check with them, my plan says "5 years"...but I agree it is cheap insurance. I specifically asked ST about my situation, and Costco covers year 2. Here is the answer from ST: "Your SquareTrade warranty will start after two years as first year, your manufacturer will cover you. For the second year costco will provide you coverage and then extended 3 years SquareTrade will cover the repairs."

Can you please tell us which link above. The only one I see from Costco states that you get 2 years warranty from Costco *only of you bought your TV from Costco* PLUS 3 years Square Trade.

http://www.costco.com/3-Years-(For-TVs-Over-$1,000).product.11680336.html

post #8920 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 06:33 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

^^^

I think you're misreading it. I don't see where on that page it says that, specifically. That's why I asked squaretrade directly. Year 1 = manufacturer if that's all they provide, Year 2 = costco, year 3-5 = squaretrade.

Maybe if you bought the Panny from Costco, then their Concierge warranty might cover year 1. Can't say for sure. I sent an email to costco to see what they answer, and will report it here if anyone is really interested.
post #8921 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnchopz34 View Post

Changing output from box to pass thru...hdmi cable?? .i have a str840 av reciever...could it be that signal is being processed thru reciever then thru zt60 causing the issue???

Possible - why not set the receiver to pass through and see what happens - let the ZT handle all the scaling and deinterlacing - also look at the STR840 thread and see what folks say about the AVR's video processing capabilities

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #8922 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 AM

Liked: 12
Fan fix tomorrow. Mine is a July build and it can get pretty loud. Tough part about this decision is the rest of my panel is perfect. I currently have the TV on its stand. What I'm worried about is when I mount it the sound is going to reflect and get even louder. Man I'm still up in the air on this.
post #8923 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoooth View Post

Fan fix tomorrow. Mine is a July build and it can get pretty loud. Tough part about this decision is the rest of my panel is perfect. I currently have the TV on its stand. What I'm worried about is when I mount it the sound is going to reflect and get even louder. Man I'm still up in the air on this.

My experience was the opposite. I also have a July build. Had the 65 on the stand and I could hear it without a doubt. Had the fan fix applied. Was much less obnoxiously noisy when mounted on the stand. Then mounted on the wall, and I hear just about nada.
post #8924 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

How is what I said wrong? If you didn't buy the TV from Costco, you get 3 years for the ST warranty + 1 year Panasonic warranty. The ST warranty starts in year 2 and provides coverage for 3 years.

Maybe your under the impression even if you didn't buy your TV at Costco and you get a 2 year warranty from Costco just because your a member. You don't get the 2 years if you didn't buy the TV from Costco. Call ST. They will clarify the warranty for you and tell you the warranty starts after either Panasonic's warranty ends (1 year) or after the Costco's warranty ends (2 years if TV purchased at Costco). Either way, ST's warranty purchased via Costco is for 3 years and starts in year 2 or 3 depending on where the TV was purchased.
vinnie97 likes this.
post #8925 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 07:12 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

^^^

I dunno...maybe because I asked SquareTrade and they told me I'm covered for 5 years?

And, in follow-up, they said that they actually handle all the claims from year 1? That part I don't get it. Hopefully I won't have to test it out. In any case, its $99 fer crissakes.
post #8926 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoooth View Post

If the fans are loud it's probably a good idea to get the fix installed. However, keep your expectations on how much the noise will improve realistic (read: low). There's really nothing to worry about. Just be sure the technician is aware of the service bulletin detailing how improper re-installation of the rear panel can cause the glass to crack.
GC3 likes this.

post #8927 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:

^^^

I dunno...maybe because I asked SquareTrade and they told me I'm covered for 5 years?

And, in follow-up, they said that they actually handle all the claims from year 1? That part I don't get it. Hopefully I won't have to test it out. In any case, its $99 fer crissakes.

Read the policy language. I have the warranty and it states the warranty term is 1- 5 years. Thats how they cover a TV not purchased at Costco under a ST warranty purchased via Costco. The person you talked to at ST probably was under the impression you purchased the TV at Costco.
post #8928 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 07:25 AM
GC3
Advanced Member

Quote:

Read the policy language. I have the warranty and it states the warranty term is 1- 5 years. Thats how they cover a TV not purchased at Costco under a ST warranty purchased via Costco. The person you talked to at ST probably was under the impression you purchased the TV at Costco.

whatever, dude...you're right, okay?
post #8929 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:

Don't wanna hijack this thread too much further, but you know this to be true how? Anyone with actual experience with best buy warranty claims can chime in, I'd love to be wrong in this case. The warranty documentation and website pretty clearly state they will try to repair it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Too late for that. wink.gif You might want to take it up with Speakerphile (Best Buy being his employer) since no one is providing you with satisfactory answers. Have you seen the reports of those who can't even get Panasonic to provide a repair under the manuf. warranty and are already resorting to offering refunds on what should be more menial repairs (i.e. board replacements)? What is the likelihood that Best Buy will have any better luck? There is simply no such thing as "repair" of burn-in.

Of course they state they will try to repair it. It is a service plan, at heart. If they can, problem solved, unless your intent was to defraud them. If they can't, which we all know severe burn-in is very difficult or impossible to repair, then they will go down the replacement path. Regarding parts, who knows? I doubt very much that spare panels will be floating around a year from now. If they are though, then they can repair your TV. Isn't that a good thing?

I guess I don't see the problem with trying to repair it. Perhaps you could shed some light on why one should care?

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #8930 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

I guess I don't see the problem with trying to repair it. Perhaps you could shed some light on why one should care?

I hope they can repair mine if I have a problem down the road. I would rather have my set repaired than replaced. Panasonic's track record and plasma TVs in general have a low repair history (4%) per Consumer Reports. I have four Panasonic's plasma and one LCD TVs. Never had a problem with any of them.
post #8931 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 08:32 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppipro View Post

ok , so here are my pics for screen detaching from bezel bottom left corner. They are taken from about 5 inches away except the last one at about a foot.
All other corners are fine.

Well, that looks... interesting. What are we looking at here exactly? What are we seeing between the black foam and the glass panel? Whatever that is, did you put it in there to highlight the gap? Piece of paper, possibly? In any case, although there are a few others, you are now the fourth member on this forum reporting this issue providing pictures.

1. Onepanda

2. RFK54

3. SpecG

4. ppipro
post #8932 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I hope they can repair mine if I have a problem down the road. I would rather have my set repaired than replaced. Panasonic's track record and plasma TVs in general have a low repair history (4%) per Consumer Reports. I have four Panasonic's plasma and one LCD TVs. Never had a problem with any of them.

They will always try to repair, as that is the cheaper option. They will just replace though if the repair cost exceeds that of the TV, or they cannot source parts.

Also, sorry if that line came off a little insensitive. I was responding more to those that are just looking to purposefully damage their sets in order to get a replacement. smile.gif

Though I am an employee of Magnolia Home Theater, the views and opinions I express on this forum are those of my own and not my employer.
post #8933 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:00 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:

^^^

I think you're misreading it. I don't see where on that page it says that, specifically. That's why I asked squaretrade directly. Year 1 = manufacturer if that's all they provide, Year 2 = costco, year 3-5 = squaretrade.

Maybe if you bought the Panny from Costco, then their Concierge warranty might cover year 1. Can't say for sure. I sent an email to costco to see what they answer, and will report it here if anyone is really interested.

Well that's the thing about warranty language -- and I think you're reading into the terms. In the end it won't matter who said what. All that matters is what is printed on your terms. It clearly states you're purchasing a 3 year extension from ST. To obtain "Costco Concierge" you must buy from Costco. It's $99 so you're right, it's not worth discussing further, but when comparing ST plans it's useful to be comparing the same.
vinnie97 likes this.
post #8934 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoetrope View Post

Well, that looks... interesting. What are we looking at here exactly? What are we seeing between the black foam and the glass panel? Whatever that is, did you put it in there to highlight the gap? Piece of paper, possibly? In any case, although there are a few others, you are now the fourth member on this forum reporting this issue providing pictures.

No, i didnt put anything in there . The tv was running when i took the pic so it is just light,or reflection of light from the picture being broadcast on the screen at the time..You can see in the other pics that it is not there ..
post #8935 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Does anyone know what happens to the Geek Squad warranty if Best Buy goes out of business? Is the Geek Squad warranty underwritten by an outside insurance company, or is it strictly a Best Buy product?

Or, if Best Buy were to go into Chapter 11 protection, would the Court require them to honor the warranty, or would the holder of a Geek Squad warranty be like an unsecured creditor?

The questions are only hypothetical, but on the other hand I did NOT see Circuit City going out of business five years before they did, and that was in a much less challenging retail environment.
post #8936 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post

Does anyone know what happens to the Geek Squad warranty if Best Buy goes out of business? Is the Geek Squad warranty underwritten by an outside insurance company, or is it strictly a Best Buy product?

Or, if Best Buy were to go into Chapter 11 protection, would the Court require them to honor the warranty, or would the holder of a Geek Squad warranty be like an unsecured creditor?

The questions are only hypothetical, but on the other hand I did NOT see Circuit City going out of business five years before they did, and that was in a much less challenging retail environment.

All product warranties are underwritten by a third party. Not sure on the more specific question regarding chapter 11. My guess is that if Best Buy is unable to fulfill the terms of the plan, the third party should take over. At no point should a warranty customer be considered an unsecured creditor. The plan is guaranteed.

post #8937 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Best buy isnt going anywhere anytime soon
post #8938 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakerphile View Post

They will always try to repair, as that is the cheaper option. They will just replace though if the repair cost exceeds that of the TV, or they cannot source parts.

Also, sorry if that line came off a little insensitive. I was responding more to those that are just looking to purposefully damage their sets in order to get a replacement. smile.gif
If this was directed at me, I never made this suggestion or the claim I would purposefully damage a set in order to get this replacement...I clearly said it would be dishonest to do so.
post #8939 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 AM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Best buy isnt going anywhere anytime soon

They almost did:

http://business.time.com/2013/07/15/best-buys-unlikely-return-from-the-dead/
post #8940 of 12745 Old 02-11-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

If this was directed at me, I never made this suggestion or the claim I would purposefully damage a set in order to get this replacement...I clearly said it would be dishonest to do so.

Definitely not you Vinnie. smile.gif

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page