Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 313 - AVS Forum
First ... 311  312  313 314  315  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
Thxtheater's Avatar Thxtheater 07:59 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKPolkMe View Post

Do you think the ZT60 is a good deal, knowing the hours used but was in a BB Magnolia showroom?
Quote:

Do you think the ZT60 is a good deal, knowing the hours used but was in a BB Magnolia showroom?

Have them throw in a 3 year warranty for an extra $100 and call it a day in my opinion. Great price.

Jason626's Avatar Jason626 08:00 PM 02-16-2014
You might be able to to talk couple hundred off that zt. It would be worth asking.
HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 08:05 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post

Have them throw in a 3 year warranty for an extra $100 and call it a day in my opinion. Great price.

Thats a great suggestion...I'm gonna try that.  You would recommend getting a 3 year warranty though?

HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 08:06 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

You might be able to to talk couple hundred off that zt. It would be worth asking.

If they won't budge, would you still go for the ZT?

Jason626's Avatar Jason626 08:17 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:

If they won't budge, would you still go for the ZT?
I guess it would be more of a personal decision. Budget, OCD tendicies biggrin.gif if you want the best to not have that what if in the back of your head. It's tough choice all pretty good deals. The 1200 for that 60" st60 is the least discounted price.
bvader's Avatar bvader 08:36 PM 02-16-2014
I got the banners turned off, but is there a way to turn off all the other ads on the apps screen, no big deal just curious.
Playdrv4me's Avatar Playdrv4me 11:22 PM 02-16-2014
Quote:

Take some slides with you (full white field) and check for IR, if you find none then try to negotiate a better deal (always try) and if not I think that is a very reasonable price with what are still very low hours in the TV's overall lifespan. If you want the best of the best as was said above, this is the TV to get.

Also, just to clarify, I should re-iterate that the Panasonic logo thing applies specifically not just to the ST60, but to the 60 inch ST60.
Thxtheater's Avatar Thxtheater 05:25 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Thats a great suggestion...I'm gonna try that.  You would recommend getting a 3 year warranty though?

Go for broke and get a 5 year :-). If it's best buy yes. That's what I did and I never get warranties.
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 06:36 AM 02-17-2014
can I get someones advice on what HDMI settings they are using? Very confusing. There is this cinema, graphic, photo, or off mode, and then there is this auto mode. What do you guys use? Per CNET settings they use off.
Just curious
Thanks
steiger19's Avatar steiger19 06:56 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post

Looks like my ZT60 era is ending :/ TV picked up by buyer a few minutes ago. On the plus side, he was thrilled to have it and I'm glad it'll be providing his family lots of viewing enjoyment. cool.gif

The end of an era for some, the beginning of an era for others.  The zt made it home safely.  I want to thank Playdrv4me for the great purchase.  The item was as advertised, 12 hours, as new condition.  No price gouging here, Playdrv4me sold me an almost extinct 60 zt for virtually the same price he paid back in late December. I'am thrilled to add the panasonic to my collection. 5 years ago i bought a new in the box kuro 111 for $2535.  5 years later (almost to the day) i purchased a zt for $1925.  I could not be happier.  Looks like i'am set until the 4k OLED is priced under $2000. I'am not holding my breath!!! Lol.

repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:38 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

can I get someones advice on what HDMI settings they are using? Very confusing. There is this cinema, graphic, photo, or off mode, and then there is this auto mode. What do you guys use? Per CNET settings they use off.
Just curious
Thanks
All video processing should be turned off, including the HDMI settings.
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 08:09 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

All video processing should be turned off, including the HDMI settings.

Thanks!

I will do that!

I'm currently using THX bright mode with the power mode to saving (makes it easier on my eyes), its brighter than THX cinema which is what I need, but not bright enough that it burns my eye balls

mo!
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 08:25 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Thanks!

I will do that!

I'm currently using THX bright mode with the power mode to saving (makes it easier on my eyes), its brighter than THX cinema which is what I need, but not bright enough that it burns my eye balls

mo!
All hdmi content settings off. And unless your actually in a bright room, id use thx cinema. It may not seem that bright, but youll adjust to it, and really appreciate it later.
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 08:36 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

All hdmi content settings off. And unless your actually in a bright room, id use thx cinema. It may not seem that bright, but youll adjust to it, and really appreciate it later.

Yeah I should do that. I never did any break in period. Per CNET and other sources supposedly break in for plasma aren't necessary. I hope they are right. I never did it on my VT30 or GT50 and everything is fine with them.
Axxion's Avatar Axxion 08:43 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Yeah I should do that. I never did any break in period. Per CNET and other sources supposedly break in for plasma aren't necessary. I hope they are right. I never did it on my VT30 or GT50 and everything is fine with them.
Lol wasnt talking about break in. Have you always used the bright settings on your previous plasmas?
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 08:45 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Lol wasnt talking about break in. Have you always used the bright settings on your previous plasmas?

Yes my gt50 same settings, THX bright mode with the power save on.. made it look nice and bright but not too bright at default
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 09:12 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Yes my gt50 same settings, THX bright mode with the power save on.. made it look nice and bright but not too bright at default
CATS will seriously affect picture quality. You're better off to turn it off and use THX Cinema, which offers the best picture quality and is only slightly less bright than THX Bright.
Solo44's Avatar Solo44 09:16 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post

Have you tested this with different sources then? Does it flicker when you play a Blu-ray disc? Are you passing the signal through an AVR or are directly connected to the TV via HDMI? We just want to try to eliminate any issues with items in your audio/video chain which may be causing the problem.

I called Panasonic. They had me change the Picture Mode from Standard to Custom and theat eliminated the problem. Had no issues with BluRay as a source.
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 09:46 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

CATS will seriously affect picture quality. You're better off to turn it off and use THX Cinema, which offers the best picture quality and is only slightly less bright than THX Bright.

Yeah I don't use CATS. I guess I will just use THX cinema default. Ive been messing with the settings for days now. There is no way changing settings over and over would damage the TV would it?

Thanks
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 09:48 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Yeah I don't use CATS. I guess I will just use THX cinema default. Ive been messing with the settings for days now. There is no way changing settings over and over would damage the TV would it?

Thanks
No, altering the settings won't cause any damage. If you don't use CATS, what's the "power save" feature you mentioned earlier?
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 10:03 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

No, altering the settings won't cause any damage. If you don't use CATS, what's the "power save" feature you mentioned earlier?

The setting under eco. I thought switching it from standard to saving dims the picture a little. At least it does on my gt50
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 10:18 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

The setting under eco. I thought switching it from standard to saving dims the picture a little. At least it does on my gt50
From the eHelp manual:
Quote:
Eco Navigation
Sets the TV to the most suitable energy-saving mode automatically.
Optimizes the TV's various modes to save energy.
Note: The TV's brightness will adjust and adapt as the room lighting changes.
Quote:
Contrast Automatic Tracking System (C.A.T.S.) adjusts the screen brightness and contrast according to the room's ambient light conditions.
I'm not sure if there is a difference except CATS mentions contrast as well as brightness. Either way, both CATS and Eco should be disabled if your goal is to have consistent picture quality.
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 10:28 AM 02-17-2014
Quote:

From the eHelp manual:

I'm not sure if there is a difference except CATS mentions contrast as well as brightness. Either way, both CATS and Eco should be disabled if your goal is to have consistent picture quality.

Yes I will just use THX cinema default with CATS off and HDMI all settings off. I have to use HDMI auto vs standard tho because then I get crushed blacks. Anything else you suggest?

My room is not bright, but its not dim either. I have a couple windows right next to the tv.

Thanks!
Jason626's Avatar Jason626 12:07 PM 02-17-2014
Good luck you guys! biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Just a random question? I have a 60ZT60 on its way next week, for those with open box models or models they just received is there any micro fractures or glass separation?

SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar SeLfMaDe111985 12:55 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

Good luck you guys! biggrin.gif
No worries people...just needed to know what to look for when it arrives like any specific areas that the fractures and separation would happen just for when I inspect it when it arrives. Other than that I'm good...I think I've done enough round here
ArcticHaze's Avatar ArcticHaze 01:53 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW1820 View Post

What is standard? I have the option of RGB or YCC 4:4:4. in my set top box and same with my blu ray player. Blu-ray also allows you to do 4-2-2 and 4-2-0 and have different color bits and automatic. Hence my confusion, too many options. Rec 709 is not an option on the cable box or blu-ray lol!

Can someone verify this? I have these settings as well on my Oppo 130D and I don't know what to set it to. If someone can post all the video settings of the Oppo 130D to the ZT60 that would be great.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 02:53 PM 02-17-2014
I think RGB is intended for computer use and YCbCr 4:4:4 is native consumer video format. At least that's what I remember from the early days of HD and the PS3.
bob brennan's Avatar bob brennan 03:08 PM 02-17-2014
Can someone verify this? I have these settings as well on my Oppo 130D and I don't know what to set it to. If someone can post all the video settings of the Oppo 130D to the ZT60 that would be great.[/quote)

these are the recommended (default) settings from Oppo - check owners manual

http://download.oppodigital.com/BDP103/BDP-103D_USER_MANUAL_English_v1.1.pdf

HDMI Options

Color Space(HDMI1) [ Auto | RGB Video Level | RGB PC Level | YCbCr 4:4:4 | YCbCr 4:2:2 ]

Color Space(HDMI2) [ Auto | RGB Video Level | RGB PC Level | YCbCr 4:4:4 | YCbCr 4:2:2 ]

Deep Color(HDMI1) [ 36 Bits | 30 Bits (dithered) | 30 Bits | Off (dithered) | Off ]

Deep Color(HDMI2) [ 36 Bits | 30 Bits (dithered) | 30 Bits | Off (dithered) | Off ]

De-interlacing Mode [ Auto | Film | Video ]
HKPolkMe's Avatar HKPolkMe 04:10 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:

Need your advice please...Which of these floor models would you recommend buying based on value (performance to cost):

65" ZT60  $2,300  (2,875 hours)

60" ST60  $1,200  (2,030 hours)

60" VT60  $1,100  (3,440 hours)

60" ST60  $   800  (3,495 hours)

I have it in order of what I think is the best value and what I am leaning on purchasing.  I like the 65" ZT60 cause its has the size and picture quality!  I like the 60" ST60 cause of the lowest hours and has the value factor.

Please help make an educated decision.  Thank you

I just found a display 65" VT60 for $2000 with 3,350 hours.  Would you then consider that instead?

repete66211's Avatar repete66211 04:17 PM 02-17-2014
Quote:

I just found a display 65" VT60 for $2000 with 3,350 hours.  Would you then consider that instead?
Assuming there's no IR on any of the units, I'd take the 65" ZT over any of those others. It's worth the additional $300. The 65" VT would be second on my list. Picture quality is good among all these units so size is the major factor here IMO.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 311  312  313 314  315  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop