Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 331 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9901 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Mr Paw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cranbrook BC
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post

don't know if that would work - my next four #'s are 0449 - know they could never make 449 in one day - let's see have someone has the answer!

I read somewhere in a report about Samsung that it takes something like 81 seconds to assemble an HD TV.
Mr Paw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9902 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
damn..BB just cancelled my order..said they saw a crack in the screen after I left..probably got someone to offer them some big bucks for it..they are trying to get me a NIB VT or offering me a Sammy 8500 NIB for the same price....WTF......any way..no ZT for me and someone bought my Kuro over the weekend...geezus:mad:
gene9p is offline  
post #9903 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
[/official-zt60-owners-thread/9900#post_24414499"]
I read somewhere in a report about Samsung that it takes something like 81 seconds to assemble an HD TV.[/quote]

That's a regular TV produced on an assembly line - these are ZT's produced in part in an autoclave.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is offline  
post #9904 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:26 PM
GC3
Advanced Member
 
GC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Georgia in the rear view mirror
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
July build A07750
GC3 is offline  
post #9905 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,708
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

damn..BB just cancelled my order..said they saw a crack in the screen after I left..probably got someone to offer them some big bucks for it..they are trying to get me a NIB VT or offering me a Sammy 8500 NIB for the same price....WTF......any way..no ZT for me and someone bought my Kuro over the weekend...geezus:mad:
What size 8500 and how much?
eric3316 is online now  
post #9906 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,708
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

I can see where dimness is a very slight issue but I also enjoy it a little better cuz the VT was a bit brighter which was good for the day but not at night.

Not a huge difference in black levels but noticeable at night
eek.gif
eric3316 is online now  
post #9907 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

damn..BB just cancelled my order..said they saw a crack in the screen after I left..probably got someone to offer them some big bucks for it..they are trying to get me a NIB VT or offering me a Sammy 8500 NIB for the same price....WTF......any way..no ZT for me and someone bought my Kuro over the weekend...geezus:mad:

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Let us know how this story ends. I hope they are telling you the truth!!
Sonyboy is online now  
post #9908 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Famouss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

eek.gif
My face when I read that too.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
Famouss is offline  
post #9909 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

What size 8500 and how much?


60 inch..1899.........I am hoping for a VT 65 inch for the same money but it hurts losing 2 great tv's in a couple of days. My Elite and a ZT..ugh! I know the Sammy is good..I voted for it myself at the shootout..but I am a fan of Panny plasmas and have been for years. Probably should have waited for the ZT to arrive b4 selling my Pioneer and who'd have thought it would sell the same day I listed it.
gene9p is offline  
post #9910 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Famouss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

60 inch..1899.........I am hoping for a VT 65 inch for the same money but it hurts losing 2 great tv's in a couple of days. My Elite and a ZT..ugh! I know the Sammy is good..I voted for it myself at the shootout..but I am a fan of Panny plasmas and have been for years. Probably should have waited for the ZT to arrive b4 selling my Pioneer and who'd have thought it would sell the same day I listed it.
I personally would choose the 65" VT over the 60" f8500 in a heartbeat if they were the same price.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60
Sony BDP-S5100
Elite PRO-101FD
Famouss is offline  
post #9911 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Newbie
 
bitonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Serial # 3191 is July 10th 191st day of the year - Panel A8576
Serial # 3290 is October 17th. 290 day if the year - Panel A12650

Ok, I got the sticker on the back. It starts with MK3294.

Anyone has pink blob? I will post a more detailed message after preparing a picture to illustrate.

bitonio is offline  
post #9912 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
eric3316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,708
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

60 inch..1899.........I am hoping for a VT 65 inch for the same money but it hurts losing 2 great tv's in a couple of days. My Elite and a ZT..ugh! I know the Sammy is good..I voted for it myself at the shootout..but I am a fan of Panny plasmas and have been for years. Probably should have waited for the ZT to arrive b4 selling my Pioneer and who'd have thought it would sell the same day I listed it.
Wait, you voted for the Sammy at the shootout where people bring up all the time that the Samsung was the people's choice and because of that it should reign king. And here you are not wanting the F8500 but a Panasonic.

Wonder how many other F8500 voters wouldn't actually want to own one either. I am seeing the voting a little skewed here.
repete66211 likes this.
eric3316 is online now  
post #9913 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Newbie
 
bitonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Here are the pink effect I have. This pink is highly manipulated: contrast++, remove moiré. That doesn't reflect what my eyes can see in real life which is less contrasted than the picture. But here are the area impacted.

 

I initially thought it was due to CC/subtitles (I noticed only the subtitle area at the beginning) but it turns out the be all the surrounding with top, bottom and right more marked than the left.

 

TV set has around 50-100 hours. Is this normal? I have a pretty good vision about color and everything. I got this set to run away from Sony clouding.

 

I just wanted to know if, according to your experience, this effect will fade/disappear over time or getting worse.

 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

 

bitonio is offline  
post #9914 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Axxion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouss View Post

I personally would choose the 65" VT over the 60" f8500 in a heartbeat if they were the same price.
I agree 100%
Axxion is offline  
post #9915 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
rifleman69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 814
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

I agree 100%

Yes, 5 inches are mucho better, just ask LatinoHeat!
rifleman69 is offline  
post #9916 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonio View Post

Is this normal? I have a pretty good vision about color and everything. I got this set to run away from Sony clouding.

I just wanted to know if, according to your experience, this effect will fade/disappear over time or getting worse.
That is not normal and I have seen no one post anything similar. I'd call that a defective unit.

repete66211 is online now  
post #9917 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 08:39 PM
Newbie
 
bitonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Thanks repete66211, will call Panasonic ASAP and fill a case.

bitonio is offline  
post #9918 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouss View Post

My face when I read that too.

Mine two...well you guys were right. The only
Plus side is that I have the flagship model and there's no more. So still have one...the 65" is missed slightly. If the separation wast an issue this would be 100% perfect...so Pauls is picking it up Friday going to the Sammy.


Jk about the last part. But yes...YES I AM SAYING IT....dumb move but it just wouldn't be me if it was a smart one. Oh well...TV breaks it breaks..can't sweat this anymore. If it cracks or falls apart then Panny can come pick it up and relieve me. Very disappointing that the future is LED until OLED somehow comes down in price
eric3316 likes this.
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #9919 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
^Ring up Chad B, he can take care of your dimness complaints.
vinnie97 is offline  
post #9920 of 12377 Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Wait, you voted for the Sammy at the shootout where people bring up all the time that the Samsung was the people's choice and because of that it should reign king. And here you are not wanting the F8500 but a Panasonic.

Wonder how many other F8500 voters wouldn't actually want to own one either. I am seeing the voting a little skewed here.
I think Gene's an anomaly, though there's no way of knowing without conducting a followup poll of all attendees who purchased in the last year. wink.gif Ken Ross (also in attendance) voted for the F8500 and put his money where his mouth is.
vinnie97 is offline  
post #9921 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Serial # 3191 is July 10th 191st day of the year - Panel A8576
Serial # 3290 is October 17th. 290 day of the year - Panel A12650


[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonio View Post

Ok, I got the sticker on the back. It starts with MK3294.
Anyone has pink blob? I will post a more detailed message after preparing a picture to illustrate.

That is the beginning of your serial # and means that your panel was built on day 294 in 2013

Serial # 3294 is October 21th. 294 day of the year - 3 is the year 2013

What is your panel # ?????

BOB

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is offline  
post #9922 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Senior Member
 
cxr369's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey guys, I'm not a huge fan of the chrome trim as it doesn't really match my decor and I find it a little distracting. What do you think of this product http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0059XCVVO?cache=e767ff180dfd6d270efecfc61408c80d&pi=SS115#ref=pd_aw_sims_2
cxr369 is offline  
post #9923 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musky45 View Post

Cool- do I win something like an oppo 103-- LOL

Bad news - Please return the prize I never sent you smile.gif appears you are no longer the highest # panel - see post 9921!

"King for a day"

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is offline  
post #9924 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316 View Post

Wait, you voted for the Sammy at the shootout where people bring up all the time that the Samsung was the people's choice and because of that it should reign king. And here you are not wanting the F8500 but a Panasonic.

Wonder how many other F8500 voters wouldn't actually want to own one either. I am seeing the voting a little skewed here.

I have my doubts about long term reliability and quality of Samsung plasmas. You also have to remember we only have 2 days and a few hours to judge the sets and it is mostly based on test patterns. I have been a long time fan of panny plasmas and have recommended them to everyone including members of family and friends who all own 1 if not 2 Panny plasmas.Don't get me started on Ken Ross. He buys a new tv every year and always says it is the greatest ever. Remember the Sharp Elite? Anyway I plan to reach out to Sammy owners who have had the 8500 for awhile if I cannot get a Panny . For plasma fans like myself..there is no other choice.
gene9p is offline  
post #9925 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 06:17 AM
 
SeLfMaDe111985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post

I have my doubts about long term reliability and quality of Samsung plasmas. You also have to remember we only have 2 days and a few hours to judge the sets and it is mostly based on test patterns. I have been a long time fan of panny plasmas and have recommended them to everyone including members of family and friends who all own 1 if not 2 Panny plasmas.Don't get me started on Ken Ross. He buys a new tv every year and always says it is the greatest ever. Remember the Sharp Elite? Anyway I plan to reach out to Sammy owners who have had the 8500 for awhile if I cannot get a Panny . For plasma fans like myself..there is no other choice.

Any item bought no matter what company you
Can ask the question of reliability. I mean your not going to hear about separation or fractures in the 8500 thread. And most issues they had have been dealt with by Sammy as far as updated for lag and floating blacks which to my knowledge is no longer an issue. I, like you, have trouble buying a samsung. I have bought plenty of LCD Samsungs and they are great for what they are used for but I have never had experience with a Sam Plasma. And over the years I haven't read anything that would make me want one until this year but to me the Panny reminds me of my KURO which is nice. I find the peak brightness of a ZT60 is great and the F8500 was too much for me. Idk how much whiter or brighter something can get without being distracting but the Sammy wasn't hitting me like the VT/ZT series did.

Minus my separation and possible chance of getting micro fractures...best TV I ever
Bought hands down. God I hope these fractures don't happen..and I guess if they do I wil I have to fight with Panasonic at this point and just get a check which is rather get a TV.

Guess I'm not understanding why Panasonic just didn't make the ZT like the VT and not do the gapless thing and just add a better filter. My KUROS filter is tremendous and I don't understand why take such a risk when your already Losing in the market. I think if the ZT just had a better filter applied as they didn't do the gapless thing then none of this would have occurred for anyone. I would have rather paid for both the VT/ZT that had better filters over a faulty manufacturer design idea. Just need it to last a few years at least
SeLfMaDe111985 is offline  
post #9926 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

Any item bought no matter what company you
Can ask the question of reliability. I mean your not going to hear about separation or fractures in the 8500 thread. And most issues they had have been dealt with by Sammy as far as updated for lag and floating blacks which to my knowledge is no longer an issue. I, like you, have trouble buying a samsung. I have bought plenty of LCD Samsungs and they are great for what they are used for but I have never had experience with a Sam Plasma. And over the years I haven't read anything that would make me want one until this year but to me the Panny reminds me of my KURO which is nice. I find the peak brightness of a ZT60 is great and the F8500 was too much for me. Idk how much whiter or brighter something can get without being distracting but the Sammy wasn't hitting me like the VT/ZT series did.

Minus my separation and possible chance of getting micro fractures...best TV I ever
Bought hands down. God I hope these fractures don't happen..and I guess if they do I wil I have to fight with Panasonic at this point and just get a check which is rather get a TV.

Guess I'm not understanding why Panasonic just didn't make the ZT like the VT and not do the gapless thing and just add a better filter. My KUROS filter is tremendous and I don't understand why take such a risk when your already Losing in the market. I think if the ZT just had a better filter applied as they didn't do the gapless thing then none of this would have occurred for anyone. I would have rather paid for both the VT/ZT that had better filters over a faulty manufacturer design idea. Just need it to last a few years at least

We must see things differently regarding the filter on our 5020s. When I have light hitting my 5020 the black bars and images that are black will look gray - very noticeable with the bars during daylight. With my VT with sunlight hitting it at the same time of the day the bars are black along with images. This was literally the first thing I noticed when I took my 5020 down and put up my VT. The VT has a more reflective screen than the 5020, but what LED (including Samsung) doesn't? Not something that bothers me since the picture is so good, day or night.

Hope you continue to enjoy your ZT.
smurraybhm is offline  
post #9927 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 365
I also wanted to mention isn't it great that we can mention the word Samsung here and not get a bunch of posts about using a bad word on a Panasonic thread? Crazy what is going on over in the 8500 thread - NO PRICE, NO PANASONIC posts allowed. How can we discuss our displays and the tech without mentioning one or the other. Silly.
vinnie97 and eric3316 like this.
smurraybhm is offline  
post #9928 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Member
 
PaulBennetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I've had my ZT65 for a little over a month now, purchased for less than half what they're selling for now, and I have to say it has exceeded my expectations for picture quality and viewing experience. Even my wife, who really didn't want the TV, has remarked that it is a beautiful picture. Going from a 50" Panasonic plasma to a 65" has provided a much more immersive feeling and a more theater like experience. Not to mention the usefulness of the occasional 3D blu ray movie. Tomorrow evening we will be watching Gravity in 3D.

This panel was shipped from Miami to Seattle and made the trip with nary a scratch. I should have been worried about such a long travel distance but at the time I didn't know any better. What a shame that this TV is gone forever. I am very happy that I am one of the lucky few to have purchased one of the last ones. In May, Jeff Meier will be coming to calibrate an already fantastic picture.
CrazyNurse and repete66211 like this.
PaulBennetts is offline  
post #9929 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 07:25 AM
Senior Member
 
colnago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr369 View Post

Hey guys, I'm not a huge fan of the chrome trim as it doesn't really match my decor and I find it a little distracting. What do you think of this product http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0059XCVVO?cache=e767ff180dfd6d270efecfc61408c80d&pi=SS115#ref=pd_aw_sims_2

I'd use this, if I wanted to cover the chrome...but that's just me:

colnago is offline  
post #9930 of 12377 Old 02-27-2014, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

I also wanted to mention isn't it great that we can mention the word Samsung here and not get a bunch of posts about using a bad word on a Panasonic thread? Crazy what is going on over in the 8500 thread - NO PRICE, NO PANASONIC posts allowed. How can we discuss our displays and the tech without mentioning one or the other. Silly.
Indeed, fanaticism of any kind is boring. I have a Panasonic ZT60 now but it replaced a Samsung 50" A550 plasma. With the exception of a vertical line of pixels going out after just a couple of years I have no complaints about the Samsung. Had the F8500 stand not been so wide I may even have bought that instead of the ZT60.

Nah, not really, but it's a great TV all the same. I'm curious to see what the Samsung H7000--likely the best plasma available and perhaps and improvement on the F8500--will look like when it's released later this year.

repete66211 is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off