Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 334 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9991 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 108
The purpose of these forums is to share information and help others with similar interests. Why some members insist on taking it upon themselves to decide what is appropriate within a certain thread is entirely beyond me...I though that is what moderators were supposed to do.
ShockFett likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Yes and there are places for those questions and information. And Because maybe some people dont like to click on a zt thread to read about things unrelated. If i wanted to read about cables id look in a different thread. If i wanted to upgrade my front sound stage i wouldnt be asking the lot of you. You might find it surprising but i dont care about the timing belt in your car either. Clutter is clutter. The question asked has been answered and debated a million times.
post #9993 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post

The purpose of these forums is to share information and help others with similar interests. Why some members insist on taking it upon themselves to decide what is appropriate within a certain thread is entirely beyond me...I though that is what moderators were supposed to do.

No doubt.

Maybe there should be two different forums:

1.) "ZT60 Owners Who Need Help Trobleshooting and Setting Up"

2.) "ZT60 Owners Who Already Know Everything and Just Want to Let Everyone Know it"

I really wish jdsmoothie, batpig, wmcclain, and d-nice were on here.

Pioneer PDP-5071HD, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Denon 3311CI, Oppo BDP-93, Emotiva XPA-5, Definitive Mythos ST, Mythos 8, Gem XL, SVS SB-13 Ultra
post #9994 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:10 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musky45 View Post

Well cables-- ugh.  Went to turn on blue ray and no signal from new hdmi cable- blue rigger brand-- that is 2 of the 4 I got from them that do not work.  I think I will order from monoprice or blue jeans.  Maybe there is not much signal difference but build quality sure is a factor.

I have always had 100% success with my orders from Blue Jeans Cable and because of that, I order all my cables from them.

Eric

My Stuff: Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 w/  Ideal-Lume Bias Lighting, Yamaha RX-V3800, Oppo BDP-103D

post #9995 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxion View Post

Do you guys know how a forum works?

Actually NO but I did look this up when I first joined on another thread:

What is a Forum and How does it work?

An Online forum is referred to as a bulletin board or discussion area.

Forums come in all shapes and sizes. The main objective is to provide an area where our members can interact with questions, answers and discussions on a given topic.

Each forum states the topic and tries to keep the discussions on topic. However, this can often vary from forum to forum as forums can fall under catagories.

This appears to be the AVS policy that I just found after your comment - very interesting - think it might be very helpful if it was posted on the first page of every thread since obviously most folks have never read it -

http://www.avsforum.com/t/546518/forum-rules-must-read-before-you-post

Forum Rules : MSRP Pricing only/ no retail links: MUST READ before you post! <<<<br />
-posting / discussing MSRP pricing is OK : posting where you can find discounts or discounted pricing is not

Please no mention by members/dealers/manufactures of starting a power buy or group sales. The entire thread or post will be permently removed.
Proper proceedure if anyone has an interest in offering a PB to forum members please drop me an email or PM.

-posting ranges of prices generally is OK, but not if it becomes a thread of where to find best price/ who discounts most, etc

-subject lines (title of post/thread) Please avoid any pricing or retail name or link here in particular : these are high visibility areas

-No direct references No links to retailers, etailers, No discount prices or coupon talk please

-if we see a thread becoming a problem, we may post a friendly reminder in the thread - we can also edit, move or delete threads or posts - please do not take offense or question or challenge Forum rules

-we can't define every situation -just keep it reasonable and use common sense
T

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #9996 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM

Liked: 169
Would anyone like to buy a slightly used pair of cushions I sit on when watching my TV. I'm thinking of putting them up on ebay. Thoughts?
post #9997 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Yes please provide ten more pages of links to cables you all use, i want to research them all, keep em coming.
On a completely related note,

"Netflix wants faster speeds for its content

Netflix's recent agreement to pay Comcast for faster delivery of its streaming content has opened the floodgates for other similar deals to come through with different ISPs.

According to Reuters, Netflix is in talks with both Verizon Communications and AT&T regarding quicker speeds for Netflix movies and TV shows. This would mean extra fees paid by Netflix, but a better Netflix experience for customers using either Verizon or AT&T's Internet services.

Verizon Communications CEO Lowell McAdam said Monday that Netflix is expected to pay the company fees for faster delivery of content on Verizon's FiOS service, but that the two companies have already been in negotiations for a year now. The Comcast deal could potentially speed the process up, though, at this point.

"It shows you don't necessarily need a lot of regulation in a dynamic market here. Doing these commercial deals will get good investment and good returns for both parties," said McAdam.

AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel also said Monday that talks are ongoing between his company and Netflix in regards to boosting speeds for the streaming service -- but for a fee, of course.

Netflix is hoping for a more direct connection to both Verizon and AT&T's networks so that it doesn't have to use third-party companies as middlemen anymore. This method proved to be costly and resulted in traffic congestion through the networks, giving Netflix users subpar video experiences at times.

But an interconnect agreement, which would allow Netflix direct access to Verizon or AT&T, would relieve such congestion and offer better experiences for viewers.

Netflix made such an agreement with Comcast earlier this week, agreeing to pay fees to the big cable provider in exchange for faster speeds.

While it's not clear how much Netflix is paying Comcast, the new deal will span several years and Comcast said it would connect to Netflix's servers at data centers operated by other companies.

Before this agreement, Netflix wanted to connect its own specialized servers to the networks of big cable providers in order to improve streaming. But Netflix didn't want to pay for such connections, and big cable like Comcast wanted fees because they'd be carrying Netflix's heavy traffic.

Comcast acquired Time Warner Cable earlier this month for $45.2 billion, cementing its dominance as the top broadband provider in the U.S.
Source: Reuters"
post #9998 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieandchips View Post

Would anyone like to buy a slightly used pair of cushions I sit on when watching my TV. I'm thinking of putting them up on ebay. Thoughts?
How soiled are they? Any pet stains? I hear this increases the value in canada. I suggest shipping them in a foam enclosure, wouldnt want them to get damaged.
post #9999 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Is it safe to say that when it comes to forum threads there is a correlation between pertinent posts and product availability?
htwaits likes this.

post #10000 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes please provide ten more pages of links to cables you all use, i want to research them all, keep em coming.
On a completely related note,

"Netflix wants faster speeds for its content

Netflix's recent agreement to pay Comcast for faster delivery of its streaming content has opened the floodgates for other similar deals to come through with different ISPs.

According to Reuters, Netflix is in talks with both Verizon Communications and AT&T regarding quicker speeds for Netflix movies and TV shows. This would mean extra fees paid by Netflix, but a better Netflix experience for customers using either Verizon or AT&T's Internet services.

Verizon Communications CEO Lowell McAdam said Monday that Netflix is expected to pay the company fees for faster delivery of content on Verizon's FiOS service, but that the two companies have already been in negotiations for a year now. The Comcast deal could potentially speed the process up, though, at this point.

"It shows you don't necessarily need a lot of regulation in a dynamic market here. Doing these commercial deals will get good investment and good returns for both parties," said McAdam.

AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel also said Monday that talks are ongoing between his company and Netflix in regards to boosting speeds for the streaming service -- but for a fee, of course.

Netflix is hoping for a more direct connection to both Verizon and AT&T's networks so that it doesn't have to use third-party companies as middlemen anymore. This method proved to be costly and resulted in traffic congestion through the networks, giving Netflix users subpar video experiences at times.

But an interconnect agreement, which would allow Netflix direct access to Verizon or AT&T, would relieve such congestion and offer better experiences for viewers.

Netflix made such an agreement with Comcast earlier this week, agreeing to pay fees to the big cable provider in exchange for faster speeds.

While it's not clear how much Netflix is paying Comcast, the new deal will span several years and Comcast said it would connect to Netflix's servers at data centers operated by other companies.

Before this agreement, Netflix wanted to connect its own specialized servers to the networks of big cable providers in order to improve streaming. But Netflix didn't want to pay for such connections, and big cable like Comcast wanted fees because they'd be carrying Netflix's heavy traffic.

Comcast acquired Time Warner Cable earlier this month for $45.2 billion, cementing its dominance as the top broadband provider in the U.S.
Source: Reuters"

Obviously this has nothing to do with a Panasonic ZT HDTV and their are probably many folks who would say that if you want to read this you should go to the Netflix thread, AT&T thread, Comcast thread, or corporate mergers & acquisitions thread etc. BUT since most of us probably stream Netfilx and there have been 2,674 post about streaming speed etc. I personally found this both useful and informative,

Now that I know where to get high-speed Ethernet HDMI cables at a reasonable price I will be able afford to get Netflix.

Thank You All.
htwaits likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #10001 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got screwed by BestBuy on this TV. Bought it online at the closeout price before Xmas. Had to delay delivery till today. When I scheduled delivery I even asked about making sure one got set aside for me. Well....today they show up with a TV wrapped in a piece of cardboard. I asked them why they took it out of the box and they told me it was an 'open box' item!!! I told them 'no thanks'. Back on the truck it went. The customer service person was nice, credited my account and is sending me a $50 gift card for the inconvenience. But the fact remains....I'm now out the TV that I wanted and cant get one again. Seriously irritated about the deal. I'm contemplating pursuing it further with them for better resolution.
post #10002 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post

Obviously this has nothing to do with a Panasonic ZT HDTV and their are probably many folks who would say that if you want to read this you should go to the Netflix thread, AT&T thread, Comcast thread, or corporate mergers & acquisitions thread etc. BUT since most of us probably stream Netfilx and there have been 2,674 post about streaming speed etc.,

I personally found this both useful and informative and now that I know where to get high-speed Ethernet HDMI cables at a reasonable price I will be able afford to get Netflix.

Thank You All.
It had everything to do with the zt as the zt has a wonderful built in netflix app that seems to stream hd content better then any other source ive tried, even wirelessly.
post #10003 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscherk View Post

I just got screwed by BestBuy on this TV. Bought it online at the closeout price before Xmas. Had to delay delivery till today. When I scheduled delivery I even asked about making sure one got set aside for me. Well....today they show up with a TV wrapped in a piece of cardboard. I asked them why they took it out of the box and they told me it was an 'open box' item!!! I told them 'no thanks'. Back on the truck it went. The customer service person was nice, credited my account and is sending me a $50 gift card for the inconvenience. But the fact remains....I'm now out the TV that I wanted and cant get one again. Seriously irritated about the deal. I'm contemplating pursuing it further with them for better resolution.
I dont know what you paid but i would have checked it out, your not going to be swimming in zt oppurtunities, would have accepted it if everything was good and re negotiated what i paid or raised hell.
post #10004 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I dont know what you paid but i would have checked it out, your not going to be swimming in zt oppurtunities, would have accepted it if everything was good and re negotiated what i paid or raised hell.

samesies
post #10005 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:

You ordered it more than 2 months ago? Given that production stopped soon thereafter I would have been sweating this transaction, worried that rather than a currently in-stock unit I'd get the last unit available, the runt of the litter. I'm sorry to see BB did you wrong on this. If it happened to me I'd use it as leverage to force down the price of an F8500.

post #10006 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

I'm very particular about my gear. It was -4 degrees here and I had no patience for screwing around with it and potentially later finding an issue. Once you accept delivery, its yours to have to deal with resolution. I'll get something else or wait to see what comes out next year I guess.
post #10007 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:

That is the beginning of your serial # and means that your panel was built on day 294 in 2013
Serial # 3294 is October 21th. 294 day of the year - 3 is the year 2013

What is your panel # ?????

Bob, sorry I miss that one,

Panel (assuming you mean the number in the folder provided with the ZT) number is: A14188

post #10008 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It had everything to do with the zt as the zt has a wonderful built in netflix app that seems to stream hd content better then any other source ive tried, even wirelessly.

Totally agree - but if someone didn't ask the question about their HDMI cables and get some suggestions they would have never been able to watch Netflix - without ARC capable HDMI cables you would have to run audio optical cables to the ZT to process the audio through the AVR.

Surprisingly the ZT really does produce an excellent Netflix image - I run Netflix via an Oppo 103D - but because of something I read on that thread and here I tried it through the ZT and discovered something very interesting about the way the 5.1 was received from the ZT compared to the way it was received and displayed by the AVR from the Oppo.

Via ZT - audio Dolby D
Via Oppo103D - audio Dolby D+

post #10009 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

I'm very particular about my gear. It was -4 degrees here and I had no patience for screwing around with it and potentially later finding an issue. Once you accept delivery, its yours to have to deal with resolution. I'll get something else or wait to see what comes out next year I guess.
That sucks bestbuy sold your tv.
Unfortunely no Panasonic plasma next year. Samsung still making them and supposedly coming out with H models. Keep an eye on LG OLED prices they seem to be falling lately with new models on there way. Still pricey though I'm afraid compared to the zt price you scored.
post #10010 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonio View Post

Panel (assuming you mean the number in the folder provided with the ZT) number is: A14188

Thank you - If my memories serves me right you might have the highest panel number submitted so far - the original questions was how many were manufactured - now we know (I think) at least 14,188.

post #10011 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason626 View Post

That sucks bestbuy sold your tv.
Unfortunely no Panasonic plasma next year. Samsung still making them and supposedly coming out with H models. Keep an eye on LG OLED prices they seem to be falling lately with new models on there way. Still pricey though I'm afraid compared to the zt price you scored.

I know Panny is out of the business. That's what irritates me so much about this whole deal.....and I did get a REALLY good deal on it.

Waiting for OLED or seeing if Samsung improves on the 8500 won't be hard to do. I can't use the TV till June anyway as we're under construction at the house. Waiting a few more months for the next model might be the best plan.
post #10012 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Guys this is just really funny. At least I hope you find it funny like I do. There are more posts about what is appropriate or not appropriate to spinning off new threads to starting new communities than there was about the original question on HDMI. smile.gif

It's cool hanging out with everyone and it's always great lending a hand to someone in need with questions. We're all a resource for each other.
htwaits and SleepyKat like this.

post #10013 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 12:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitonio View Post

Quote:

Thank you - If my memories serves me right you might have the highest panel number submitted so far - the original questions was how many were manufactured - now we know (I think) at least 14,188.

Sorry - checked - the highest numbered panel we have reported is one with a mfg date is 11-2013 & panel # is A16614.

post #10014 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Unfortunately the audio signal is incorporated in the Blu-ray video signal. There doesn't seem to be any evidence that audio can be improved by changing HDMI cables unless the cables in question fall short of the bandwidth requirements defined as "high speed".

Debates about digital signals and audio/video signal quality are probably off topic in a display thread. redface.gif

You'd be surprised in terms of audio quality. I'll leave it at that...
post #10015 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Appears this is a ZT thread and if something doesn't work why can't you ask for advice here - we had 13,794 posts on "micro fractures" and 3,615 on the front "glass panel" falling off (NONE DID)...

Bob,

Not to beat a dead horse any more, but for the record, the microfracutres and glass panel separation issues are specific to the ZT and are therefore most definitely relevant issues to discuss here. HDMI cables are not . That said, I am perfectly fine if someone brings up an issue they need help with even if it's not directly related to the ZT as long as they keep the diversion reasonably short and don't highjack the thread. So I can see both sides of the argument...
vahighland likes this.
post #10016 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Do you guys know how a forum works?

Yes, do you?
post #10017 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myared View Post

Bob,

Not to beat a dead horse any more, but for the record, the microfracutres and glass panel separation issues are specific to the ZT and are therefore most definitely relevant issues to discuss here. HDMI cables are not . That said, I am perfectly fine if someone brings up an issue they need help with even if it's not directly related to the ZT as long as they keep the diversion reasonably short and don't highjack the thread. So I can see both sides of the argument...

Thank you and have a great weekend watching & enjoying the best HDTV ever made. I have Thor - The Dark World for tonight!!.

Best Wishes

BOB

post #10018 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Two months for a tv? I would have canceled the order no later than a month. Sorry to hear about your loss but at least you made "$50" from it!
post #10019 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know Panny is out of the business. That's what irritates me so much about this whole deal.....and I did get a REALLY good deal on it.

Waiting for OLED or seeing if Samsung improves on the 8500 won't be hard to do. I can't use the TV till June anyway as we're under construction at the house. Waiting a few more months for the next model might be the best plan.

Maybe your very good deal was because you bought an open box item? Hmmmmmmmm...
post #10020 of 12985 Old 02-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman69 View Post

Maybe your very good deal was because you bought an open box item? Hmmmmmmmm...

Or rather then waiting for the last minute price drop to happen, never happened and new 65ZT's are selling for $ 7,000.00.

Same thing happened when the Kuro went the way of the dinosaur - many of those poor folks suffer for four years until the ZT was produced! "He who hesitates is lost". It is sad to here about all the fustration we are reading about as folks scramble to find the last few ZT's available at a reasonable price (if there are any).

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page