Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 385 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #11521 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had my ZT60 Calibrated on Wed evening by W. Jeff Meier of Accucal ( http://www.accucalhd.com/about.htm ) He did a Video calibration and a "basic" audio calibration.

Summary: OMG!!! He gave me an entire new Home Theater! The improvements he made are just incredible!

I knew I had some issues with my ZT60. I could not get flesh tones correct, but I was pretty happy with the rest of the display. (I used the Sound and Vision settings, and the Sammie settings, and one other setting I think).

He also found some very basic setting errors, that I could not believe I had coded that way, and I will attribute that to me "playing" with my ZT60's settings.

After his calibration, I was amazed at how much better my ZT60 looked. Clarity, depth, color, crispness, overall picture were just awesome.

NOW I have the picture quality I expected to have when I purchased my ZT60.

We almost agreed not to do an Audio calibration as I was talking about eventually getting a new receiver (I have a very nice, but older Pioneer VSX-1015 that has no HDMI inputs), and upgrading my 9 year old Axiom Speakers (after I get my house paid off).

I was never really happy with my Axiom Speakers, as a complete system. I have always loved my L&R M80's, but my VP150 (center channel) and QS8's (surround speakers) left something to be desired, in my opinion. I blamed part of the lack-luster performance on speaker location, and over the years, I found the sweet spot, and so they did get a little better. Also my environment may not have been ideal for the QS8's as I have a Living room-Dining room-kitchen-Foyer with 12 foot sloping ceilings, so maybe a bookshelf or center channel speaker as a surround sound speakers might have been a better choice for my physical environment.

I ran (and re-ran and re-ran) the Pioneer MCACC auto calibration many many times in the last 10 years (my dog hates it when I do that!), so I just figured that I was getting the best I could get out of my receiver and speakers. I thought my ear had gotten rather sophisticated to the sound of my speakers, and it was time to upgrade.

WOW, was I wrong!

Jeff turned my Audio system, into the system that I always wanted. I had wrong (or less than optimal) settings in my receiver, and he manually re-eq'ed my speakers.

I heard bass coming out of my QS8's that I never thought possible. Why did the MCACC not auto correct that????

After the Audio EQ was completed, we listened to some music, and he turned my audio system, into my "dream" system. I realize what I am about to say is not scientific, but Jeff gave me that "near religious experience" that one gets when listening to acoustic music thru high end equipment.

I was expecting to get awesome video, and he gave me that, but I was NOT expecting my audio to improve as much as he improved it.

Jeff was also provided me with a wealth of information. I was not expecting the education that I received that evening.

I forget exactly how Jeff said this, but he said something similar to "he likes to cure people of upgrade-itis"! At some point, I will want to get a new Receiver that has HDMI inputs, but for the next few years, unless something breaks, I am just going to enjoy my Home Theater.

Jeff definitely cured me of my "upgrade-itis"!

My ZT60 was a 7 to 10 year purchase for me, (until OLED get affordable and bugs worked out), so now, every time I watch TV, I have the best Video available, and I also have "near reference sound" for my audio!

Very happy I had the professional calibration done by Jeff. Thanks Jeff!
mo949 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11522 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 01:45 PM
umr
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post

I had my ZT60 Calibrated on Wed evening by W. Jeff Meier of Accucal ( http://www.accucalhd.com/about.htm ) He did a Video calibration and a "basic" audio calibration.

Summary: OMG!!! He gave me an entire new Home Theater! The improvements he made are just incredible!

I knew I had some issues with my ZT60. I could not get flesh tones correct, but I was pretty happy with the rest of the display. (I used the Sound and Vision settings, and the Sammie settings, and one other setting I think).

He also found some very basic setting errors, that I could not believe I had coded that way, and I will attribute that to me "playing" with my ZT60's settings.

After his calibration, I was amazed at how much better my ZT60 looked. Clarity, depth, color, crispness, overall picture were just awesome.

We almost agreed not to do an Audio calibration as I was talking about eventually getting a new receiver (I have a very nice, but older Pioneer VSX-1015 that has no HDMI inputs), and upgrading my 9 year old Axiom Speakers (after I get my house paid off).

I was never really happy with my Axiom Speakers, as a complete system. I have always loved my L&R M80's, but my VP150 (center channel) and QS8's (surround speakers) left something to be desired, in my opinion. I blamed part of lack-luster performance on speaker location, and over the years, I found the sweet spot, and so they did get a little better. Also my environment may not have been ideal for the QS8's as I have a Living room-Dining room-kitchen-Foyer with 12 foot sloping ceilings, so maybe a bookshelf or center channel speaker as a surround sound speakers might have been a better choice for my physical environment.

I ran (and re-ran and re-ran) the Pioneer MCACC auto calibration many many times in the last 10 years (my dog hates it when I do that!), so I just figured that I was getting the best I could get out of my receiver and speakers. I thought my ear had gotten rather sophisticated to the sound of my speakers, and it was time to upgrade.

WOW, was I wrong!

Jeff turned my Audio system, into the system that I always wanted. I had wrong (or less than optimal) settings in my receiver, and he manually re-eq'ed my speakers.

I heard bass coming out of my QS8's that I never thought possible. Why did the MCACC not auto correct that????

After the Audio EQ was completed, we listened to some music, and he turned my audio system, into my "dream" system. I realize what I am about to say is not scientific, but Jeff gave me that "near religious experience" that one gets when listening to acoustic music thru high end equipment.

I was expecting to get awesome video, and he gave me that, but I was NOT expecting my audio to improve as much as he improved it.

Jeff was also provided me with a wealth of information. I was not expecting the education that I received that evening.

I forget exactly how Jeff said this, but he said something similar to "he likes to cure people of upgrade-itis" At some point, I will want to get a new Receiver that has HDMI inputs, but for the next few years, unless something breaks, I am just going to enjoy my Home Theater.

Jeff definitely cured my of my "upgrade-itis"!

My TV was a 7 to 10 year purchase for me, (until OLED get affordable and bugs worked out), so now, every time I watch TV, I have the best Video available, and I also have "near reference sound" for my audio!

Thanks for the props. It is fun to help people to get what they should from their gear. It is a shame all of the automatic audio calibration products are so poor.
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

W. Jeff Meier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #11523 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

I was never really happy with my Axiom Speakers, as a complete system. I have always loved my L&R M80's, but my VP150 (center channel) and QS8's (surround speakers) left something to be desired, in my opinion. I blamed part of lack-luster performance on speaker location, and over the years, I found the sweet spot, and so they did get a little better. Also my environment may not have been ideal for the QS8's as I have a Living room-Dining room-kitchen-Foyer with 12 foot sloping ceilings, so maybe a bookshelf or center channel speaker as a surround sound speakers might have been a better choice for my physical environment.

WOW, was I wrong!

I forget exactly how Jeff said this, but he said something similar to "he likes to cure people of upgrade-itis" At some point, I will want to get a new Receiver that has HDMI inputs, but for the next few years, unless something breaks, I am just going to enjoy my Home Theater.

Jeff definitely cured me of my "upgrade-itis"!

My TV was a 7 to 10 year purchase for me, (until OLED get affordable and bugs worked out), so now, every time I watch TV, I have the best Video available, and I also have "near reference sound" for my audio!

Awesome, dude!

I'm also looking forward to a total system calibration when I get settled into a new place next year. I know what my music and movies are supposed to sound and look like but you never know if your system is really optimized until a pro comes in to take a look.

I think we all want to enjoy or media by exploting our gear to its fullest potential smile.gif

Pioneer PDP-5071HD, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Denon 3311CI, Oppo BDP-93, Emotiva XPA-5, Definitive Mythos ST, Mythos 8, Gem XL, SVS SB-13 Ultra
post #11524 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

As a lot of people at AVS know, Jeff Meier is known as UMR here.

Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've added a link to your post in the flat panel (post number two) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.

If you have further comments to make about your audio or video calibration, it would be great if you could use the edit command to add them to your original post.

Thanks for giving us a detailed report on your reaction to Jeff's work with your audio. A lot of people have a similar reaction. Many people don't realize what they are missing by ignoring their audio. biggrin.gif

Enjoy. smile.gif

Calibration Resources:

post #11525 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Thats great "eaayoung". Happy to see that your display has been optimized to your specific veiwing environment.

May I ask the breakdown in time spent to calibrate. Is it like 45 minutes in time used per input or setting? If one prefers ISF day over ISF night, is more time spent on ISF day etc?

When D-Nice calibrated my Pro-111, which the end result was awesome, I remember drooling over how well calibrated ISF night was, as my serious viewing habbits were at night. In fact ISF night was so well calibrated that setting was used 24/7 for my viewing enjoyment.

I'm just getting ready for when D-Nice comes back to Toronto for his upcoming tour.

Thanks

The 1st one (Day mode) took the longest due to my questions. Plus my dog keep wanting to play with him. The next two modes (Night and 3D) went much faster. After he finished with the TV, he went and made some quick adjustments on a new BD player. Wish I had my surround system setup so he could have adjusted it too, but haven't gotten around to setting it up.

Since I know nothing about calibrating a TV, this was a great learning experience. Chad explains everything in detail so you understand what he's doing. Even my wife notice the difference this morning. And for her to say "Worth every penny" means he really worked his magic.

I give Chad 5 STARS!
Chad B and Edllguy like this.
post #11526 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

So I have the chance to get on board Chads schedule and just got off the phone with D-Nice who was kind enough to call me about my TV and answer some questions about it. He did suggest to just have a tech come out and have the bulletin ready for them plus he said it sounds like a bad power board as I explained which side it seemed to stem from the most.

Well anyway I guess my biggest question is who to get for calibration. Chad or D-Nice?? How many inputs does Chad do for you? I would like a Day mode and a night mode. And one other mode like my custom input tweaked.

Does Chad only do both day and night calibrations with panel set on high? Or is that only for day mode? Seems most "night" calibrations are done with Mid Pnl brightness.

Thanks.

Chad completed 3 modes for my ZT: Day, Night and 3D. He said 3D doesn't need a night mode although I can't recall why. 3D doesn't use one on the Picture modes (ie: Custom, Pro 1, Pro 2 or etc.). So, when you switch to 3D, the set automatically goes into the mode that is calibrated for 3D.

Self, I think you will be impressed if you have your TV is calibrated. Chad said my set actually looked good when he started (thanks sillysally!). My biggest issues were Gama, limited shadow and some channels looked a little washed out. He'll ask you what you like and what your trying to accomplish with the calibration. I told him him I want a little more pop than what your see on some sets. But he already knew that just by looking at how I had my TV. He recommended the high panel brightness. But you don't have to use it unless that's what your looking for.
Chad B likes this.
post #11527 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
3D doesn't need a night mode setting most likely because it's already dim enough by default. wink.gif
Chad B and repete66211 like this.
post #11528 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post

Chad spent around 4 1/2 hours calibrating my ZT60 today. I didn't know what to expect since this was my first TV calibrated. Chad took the time to explain everything as he worked. He suggested the high panel brightness setting since my viewing room is bright plus I like a TV with a little more pop. After calibration, my ZT's went from 40 to 54.7. The biggest difference for me is the set doesn't look washed out with some content, big increase in shadow detail and the picture appears to have much more depth. I thought the settings I was using was good, but this really is a big improvement. I'll try and post the reports tomorrow. Thanks Chad!
Eaayoung, so glad to here your loving chads work. Seems like he and his work is extremely liked around here. One quick question, after the calibration how dies your brightness in day mode look compared to the custom mode brightness? I ask because during the day I have tons of light coming into my room. I have a four window unit to the right and a sliding glass door on the opposite that the tv is positioned on. Therefor, I use custom mode. I've actually grown to like custom a lot. I think it offers more depth and pop and accurate colors (on my set anyways). If you could click back and fourth between your cal day mode and custom mode I would very much appreciate it. Really curios about the brightness, but any other info you could provide between the two modes (pop, depth, clarity, etc.) would be great. Thanks so much for your time.
post #11529 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Eaayoung, so glad to here your loving chads work. Seems like he and his work is extremely liked around here. One quick question, after the calibration how dies your brightness in day mode look compared to the custom mode brightness? I ask because during the day I have tons of light coming into my room. I have a four window unit to the right and a sliding glass door on the opposite that the tv is positioned on. Therefor, I use custom mode. I've actually grown to like custom a lot. I think it offers more depth and pop and accurate colors (on my set anyways). If you could click back and fourth between your cal day mode and custom mode I would very much appreciate it. Really curios about the brightness, but any other info you could provide between the two modes (pop, depth, clarity, etc.) would be great. Thanks so much for your time.

My room is very bright. The TV is located in the family room which is open to the second floor. I have 3 large windows to the left, 3 above those and 3 more in the breakfast area. But I don't have windows or a slider on the opposite wall of my TV fortunately. The picture Chad created is excellent. Brighter than what I had in custom mode. Contrast between my custom mode and Professiona 1 which Chad did are both set at 85. Brightness is actually lower in Chad's setting (16 compared to 25). It must be the use of the high panel brightness setting. I would post my before and after calibration report but having problems with my laptop. Keep getting the spinning ball of death any time I try to post a photo since my Macbook updated to Marverick. Before that, it was the Keychain Login issue. Apple really blew this OS update!
post #11530 of 12740 Old 04-25-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:

I'm really kicking myself for having my audio system still packed away when Chad visited last night. But since my rear walls are not wired for rear speakers, I still living with my soundbar. I'll have to catch Chad the next time he's in the Dallas area.

But really please with the result for my TV. Never expected such a big improvement. And since my wife noticed, huge improvement over my settings.
post #11531 of 12740 Old 04-26-2014, 01:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ZT60 weird Streaming Issue from PC need some help ???

Hey guys
I could really use some help.
I have a Panasonic ZT60 with a weird streaming problem..
I am using Windows 8.1 and a Shared Video folder, it sees and can access the videos no problem
but if I try to play a video longer then like a few min it starts to play fine then Jumps to the next video after
a min or 45 sec ??

It will play short 3- 5 min videos completely, but a movie like an hour or longer and like I said it starts to play then
just moves to the next video in the list ??
I am completely miffed, I tried different video formats and still the same problem,

Did anyone else experience this and is there a fix other then putting the movies on a USB stick ???

Thanks in advance for your help!
Steve

PS: I see it does the same thing using USB also ???
post #11532 of 12740 Old 04-26-2014, 12:16 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:

My room is very bright. The TV is located in the family room which is open to the second floor. I have 3 large windows to the left, 3 above those and 3 more in the breakfast area. But I don't have windows or a slider on the opposite wall of my TV fortunately. The picture Chad created is excellent. Brighter than what I had in custom mode. Contrast between my custom mode and Professiona 1 which Chad did are both set at 85. Brightness is actually lower in Chad's setting (16 compared to 25). It must be the use of the high panel brightness setting. I would post my before and after calibration report but having problems with my laptop. Keep getting the spinning ball of death any time I try to post a photo since my Macbook updated to Marverick. Before that, it was the Keychain Login issue. Apple really blew this OS update!
Great thanks so much eaayoung.
post #11533 of 12740 Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Need some help. I was wondering what modes and picture setting people use when playing video games? I had a P50ST55 that had a preset for video games. Any help would be great! Thanks!
post #11534 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fete26 View Post

Need some help. I was wondering what modes and picture setting people use when playing video games? I had a P50ST55 that had a preset for video games. Any help would be great! Thanks!

The ZT does as well. I haven't used it yet but with my Kuro I just used my ISF setting for games and never felt the need to use the game preset. (I spent many thousands of hours gaming on it.)
post #11535 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM

n
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post

The ZT does as well. I haven't used it yet but with my Kuro I just used my ISF setting for games and never felt the need to use the game preset. (I spent many thousands of hours gaming on it.)

Sorry I'm new at this. What picture mode would be the ISF setting for video games?
Thanks
Clayto
post #11536 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 01:09 PM

Looking to get my ZT calibrated any suggestions on where to go in St.Louis MO? Thanks.
post #11537 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 01:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:

Looking to get my ZT calibrated any suggestions on where to go in St.Louis MO? Thanks.
UMR (Jeff Meier) is in your area. You can use the link in the signature area at the bottom of my post to read reports from folks who have had Jeff calibrate their displays and sound systems. The flat panel reviews are in post number two, and you should check reports for work done on both Panasonic and Pioneer displays.

jeff@accucalhd.com

The best calibrators tour different parts of the country on a regular basis. One way to find calibrators who come to St Louis, MO would be to contact turbe here at AVS.

Calibration Resources:

post #11538 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
E-mail Chad B. and see if he would make the trip. He did mine about three weeks ago (Livonia Mi) I'm very happy with the results. It was my first time for a calibration and it's worth every penny!

http://hdtvbychadb.com/services/isf-calibration
post #11539 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 02:06 PM

Liked: 28
Quote:

n
Sorry I'm new at this. What picture mode would be the ISF setting for video games?
Thanks
Clayto

ISF is the professional calibration setting. It's at the bottom of the Picture settings list I used it for everything with my Kuro. But you need to get it professionally calibrated first of course.
post #11540 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 04:37 PM

Liked: 99
This movie stinks but the visuals were great...played Pacific Rim on my KURO 5020 and I have to say the ZT60 makes it look amazing!! Just seemed deeper and more depth, color and deeper blacks on the ZT60. Don't get me wrong it still looked stellar on the KURO but the ZT60 has edged it in a few areas but important ones. This TV gets better and better each week. Buzzing seems to have reduced actually...very excited to get Chad or D-Nice over to calibrate it. I hear chad has a Jeti 112(?) which is a better meter than what Dnice has (K10? I believe). Either way it's exciting, but I think I'm going with Chad due to the overwhelming positive feedback ,for lack of a better word, in this thread and a few others.
post #11541 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
^Finally, you've seen the light! The ZT60 should at worst match the 5020.
post #11542 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacca121 View Post

E-mail Chad B. and see if he would make the trip. He did mine about three weeks ago (Livonia Mi) I'm very happy with the results. It was my first time for a calibration and it's worth every penny!

http://hdtvbychadb.com/services/isf-calibration

+1 for Chad. Can't believe how much better my TV looks. After having my ZT calibrated, this will not be the last one I have calibrated. Huge difference.
post #11543 of 12740 Old 04-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I'm still a little behind on my 3D watching, but recall Pacific Rim being a good 3D film. Aside from the Iron Mans maybe (biggrin.gif), for the most part these CGI films any more seem to pretty much look and feel the same, over and over again, the comic book ones especially. Pacific Rim has a pretty decent soundtrack, by the way.
post #11544 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

+1 for Chad. Can't believe how much better my TV looks. After having my ZT calibrated, this will not be the last one I have calibrated. Huge difference.

Yep Chad is the master!

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #11545 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post

I run most everything through my AVR (which is set in Game mode for those inputs on the AVR) and no issue of lag on my VT60 in my standard THX Mode. That said when I first played my original NES, which uses a direct input on the display itself as it doesn't play nicely with the AVR, I had to switch to Game mode on the VT60 as Super Mario was basically unplayable. Maybe the large amount of processing taking the NES to display on the VT60 but this is the only instance where I've used it.

Display:    Panasonic 65" VT60

AVR:        Marantz 6005

Speakers: Kef Q towers/rears Kef Reference center

HTPC:       Win 7 Pro with XBMC

Xbox Live: Arbitrage XXL

post #11546 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 09:15 AM

For those who responded to my last post regarding 3D, thank you. However, I am still a bit disappointed. I watched the Desolation of Smaug in 3D the other night and noticed immediately (during the night scenes in the beginning) that my TV was flickering or dimming and brightening at a noticeable rate. I also felt the 3D was a bit hard to follow with my eyes compared to the last Hobbit movie. If that makes sense. Did anyone notice this? I am using the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses. CATS is turned off as is everything else except motion smoother which I have on weak. I feel this give me the best picture on both 2D and 3D. I turned it off but it had no effect on the flickering. Doing a bit of research I found that passive 3D doesn't have this issue. Any idea why Panasonic went with Active 3D? Again, I have the 3D refresh rate at 96htz. If anyone has had luck with any other specific settings would you please share them?
post #11547 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by weds31 View Post

For those who responded to my last post regarding 3D, thank you. However, I am still a bit disappointed. I watched the Desolation of Smaug in 3D the other night and noticed immediately (during the night scenes in the beginning) that my TV was flickering or dimming and brightening at a noticeable rate. I also felt the 3D was a bit hard to follow with my eyes compared to the last Hobbit movie. If that makes sense. Did anyone notice this? I am using the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU glasses. CATS is turned off as is everything else except motion smoother which I have on weak. I feel this give me the best picture on both 2D and 3D. I turned it off but it had no effect on the flickering. Doing a bit of research I found that passive 3D doesn't have this issue. Any idea why Panasonic went with Active 3D? Again, I have the 3D refresh rate at 96htz. If anyone has had luck with any other specific settings would you please share them?
Another guy posted about this a long time ago. I also noticed it on the croods netflix.
post #11548 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 89
I asked chad about the brightness fluttering in the glasses. Hes currently fixing my dithering issue in high PB. He had a hard time seeing what to me at viewing distance was severe dithering, but he did end up noticing it. Most people would not be able to see it, it was just very bad to my eyes. Anyway, He said a guy he did a cal for figured it out, it because of a combination of what order you turn on the glasses and when you activate 3d. I did not suspect the panel as it doesnt seem to change brightness. And i only noticed it on that particular movie.
post #11549 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm also suffering from brightness flucuatuons in dark scenes with 3D. Is they a fix?

Panasonic ZT65
Onkyo HT-R390
Popcorn hour A-400
SKY HD
Xbox One
Xbox 360
IPAD Air 32GB
Samsung Galaxy S4
Virgin Broadband 120MB
post #11550 of 12740 Old 04-28-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeLfMaDe111985 View Post

...very excited to get Chad or D-Nice over to calibrate it. I hear chad has a Jeti 112(?) which is a better meter than what Dnice has (K10? I believe). Either way it's exciting, but I think I'm going with Chad due to the overwhelming positive feedback ,for lack of a better word, in this thread and a few others.
Forget about the calibration and get some speakers. Maybe not a full 5.2, but at least L/R--floorstanders, bookshelf, doesn't matter. You'd notice FAR more improvement if you upgraded your audio experience than you will from calibrating your TV. The ZT's picture is good enough out of the box to keep you happy for a while. A pretty picture is very important, but it's only a fraction of the movie/TV experience.
htwaits and Jason626 like this.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page