Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

In a nut shell. I returned 1 sharp elite and two vt60s. They made me sign a "return warning" saying I can't return anything for 90 days. The store manager was very rude. I didn't raise a fuss, I just returned and walked out.
I see. I thought you had returned several tvs.
Evidently returning three high priced sets is several at BB. wink.gif

I can understand the cut off. That's probably company policy, but there is never any excuse for rudeness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:

In a nut shell. I returned 1 sharp elite and two vt60s. They made me sign a "return warning" saying I can't return anything for 90 days. The store manager was very rude. I didn't raise a fuss, I just returned and walked out.

With all due respect -- I don't blame them. The fact is that the rest of us pay in some way for returns. Margins are measured and optimized to the penny and I know from managing SEM for a large electronics company that there is less than a 10% margin on electronics. There isn't enough margin to cover VT60's being returned because LCD owners think the fans are too loud or that the buzzing is too much.

Manufacturers build in the cost of returns which keeps prices higher than they would be. This isn't Zappos where a person can buy and return shoes all day long. Zappos can sell those shoes as new if there is no dirt or wear on the soles. BB won't be able to sell the unit as new -- hell, depending on your excuse for returning they may have sent a perfectly good set back to Panny as defective.

There are a few guys who return sets like shoes and they always blame the manufacturer or store -- they don't stop to question whether they did enough research, had buyers remorse or whether there might be something wrong with their approach. Case in point: I bought a VT50 to replace my Kuro. Didn't like the VT50. Had a number of reasons to return it -- blacks not that good, fan noise, ect. But I know that I always hone in on what's wrong with something first and grow to appreciate what's right more slowly. Now? I think the VT50 is great -- I got used to it.
Tazishere and HLdan like this.
post #93 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have any of you owners been able to watch any sports on this thing yet - especially afternoon sporting events that took place in an outside venue? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on if you felt the ZT had plenty of brightness for situations like that and how it handled the motion. Any comments on sports viewing - i.e. NBA Playoffs - would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
post #94 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 26
Watching the playoffs right now and there is more than enough brightness...and I have overhead lighting on and it's in thx cinema not even brightroom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sheshechic likes this.

post #95 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

I ordered a 65"on 5/23 for delivery on 6/5. Might be the first one in Kansas City.
Do you know of any Best buys that have these set up for viewing yet? I live in Warrensburg Mo.
post #96 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

With all due respect -- I don't blame them. The fact is that the rest of us pay in some way for returns. Margins are measured and optimized to the penny and I know from managing SEM for a large electronics company that there is less than a 10% margin on electronics. There isn't enough margin to cover VT60's being returned because LCD owners think the fans are too loud or that the buzzing is too much.

Manufacturers build in the cost of returns which keeps prices higher than they would be. This isn't Zappos where a person can buy and return shoes all day long. Zappos can sell those shoes as new if there is no dirt or wear on the soles. BB won't be able to sell the unit as new -- hell, depending on your excuse for returning they may have sent a perfectly good set back to Panny as defective.

There are a few guys who return sets like shoes and they always blame the manufacturer or store -- they don't stop to question whether they did enough research, had buyers remorse or whether there might be something wrong with their approach. Case in point: I bought a VT50 to replace my Kuro. Didn't like the VT50. Had a number of reasons to return it -- blacks not that good, fan noise, ect. But I know that I always hone in on what's wrong with something first and grow to appreciate what's right more slowly. Now? I think the VT50 is great -- I got used to it.

I agree to an extent. The issue is there is a distributor, Best Buy and a manufacturer, Panasonic. Best Buys' no return policy hurts them and customers and Panasonic or what ever other manufacturer gets by with a product that a consumer is not happy with or is genuinely defective, but most often that is it. Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time. One was an 800.00 laptop the other two items were Blue tooth headsets, one for 99.00 and the other for 50.00. I have a 5k credit limit with BB. I have purchased over 30k in the last ten years from them and always took advantage of zero interest etc. Although I generally purchased items from BB regularly as needed or wanted, for the first time since I have credit with them I have a zero balance. Their policy, while making sense, does inhibit me from purchasing a tv if I know they are not going to accept a return especially if it is a 3k dollar item that I am particular about.
post #97 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

I agree to an extent. The issue is there is a distributor, Best Buy and a manufacturer, Panasonic. Best Buys' no return policy hurts them and customers and Panasonic or what ever other manufacturer gets by with a product that a consumer is not happy with or is genuinely defective, but most often that is it. Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time. One was an 800.00 laptop the other two items were Blue tooth headsets, one for 99.00 and the other for 50.00. I have a 5k credit limit with BB. I have purchased over 30k in the last ten years from them and always took advantage of zero interest etc. Although I generally purchased items from BB regularly as needed or wanted, for the first time since I have credit with them I have a zero balance. Their policy, while making sense, does inhibit me from purchasing a tv if I know they are not going to accept a return especially if it is a 3k dollar item that I am particular about.
So you had the same problem ey? :/

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
post #98 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanes View Post

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not an owner yet, but wanted to ask you guys, how's the 3D performance? Panny has modified the active glasses this year and given them more surface area - can the 3D glasses be comfortably worn over regular glasses? The last question may seem weird, but I have had good experience in the past with Samsung 3D glasses, so doesn't hurt to ask.
Welcome to AVS. I have no idea on 3D performance and I don't wear glasses, but Katzmeier at CNET prefers the Panasonic glasses to Samsung's. He addresses this in his review where he says the included Panasonic model is inferior to another model that blocks more light.

post #99 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:

This makes no sense. You say BB has a no return policy which is not the case. And yet you returned 3 items in 1 month. And then you say that you will not but a tv from them because YOU KNOW they will not accept a return. While youre responding to someone who has returned 3 tvs.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #100 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

yes in terms of bad taste in my mouth, but mine is even more dramatic as I returned 3 items that totaled 950.00. Honestly all three were crap, well two are crap by default....there are no blue tooth stereo headsets that have quality and volume. The laptop was an HP , but performed poorly as well...Im a CS major. Oh wait...I stand corrected...It gets worse as I recall. I did buy a plasma tv last year...but never took ownership or delivery of the product. I cancelled the order a day after ordering and it counted as a return...an item I never even owned, touch or looked at. SO Im sure it was the dollar amount the plasma triggered for saying no returns in 90 days, but I think it also ties into their credit providers and their 18-24 month no interest plans. I get why BB does what it does with tight margins and the entire electronics industry being in such flux, but it translates to poor customer service based on consumers being unhappy with tech that isn't all that, but the price is.
post #101 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

This makes no sense. You say BB has a no return policy which is not the case. And yet you returned 3 items in 1 month. And then you say that you will not but a tv from them because YOU KNOW they will not accept a return. While youre responding to someone who has returned 3 tvs.

Best Buy has a return policy...I said it has a no return policy when more than a certain amount of items are returned in a short period of time....based on the previous posters comment... and I had a similar issue...then I recalled I did order a tv...and the rest is in the next post I made.

What I said was: "Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time".
post #102 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Lets get on topic here guys

post #103 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaomizzle View Post

Lets get on topic here guys

You dont think anyones interested in the BB return policy?

post #104 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

There's a difference between their return policy and telling a guy who's purchased over 10k worth of Tvs over 3 items and returned em all that they won't do it again with another 4k set. That just seems like intelligent business

post #105 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

There's a difference between their return policy and telling a guy who's purchased over 10k worth of Tvs over 3 items and returned em all that they won't do it again with another 4k set. That just seems like intelligent business

I agree. Didnt make sense to me either. Thats why I asked him more about it. Nuff said.

post #106 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM

Motion is excellent.

Black levels and reflection reduction are astounding.

Sports look fantastic on it. It's not as bright as an LCD but neither is reality. It's plenty bright to look great in a room with windows and lights - especially due to lack of reflections.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR805 THX Ultra 2
Axiom M60 Towers
Axiom VC-160 Center
Axiom QS8 Surrounds
HSU Engineering VT-15 Sub
PS3/360
post #107 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
BB should accept returns of faulty merchandise. However, if someone is just taking a TV for a spin (aka Superbowling) or taking possession of one model until the next one is released, fully intent on taking advantage of the return policy, then I think there's room for complaint on BB's front. Worse yet when someone just plain doesn't do their homework.

Anyway, I am really excited about getting this TV--8 days left!

post #108 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

My only complaint in my set up and first day with it is it appears my darblet has given up the ghost ;-(

Watched The Avengers with some friends who helped me mount this behemoth and just got done watching this nba game. Now I think I might throw Avatr in, really missing my darblet tho.

And again this panel absolutely destroys all light, I'm utterly astonished at its ability to do so

post #109 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
OK, current or past Kuro owners could you answer these questions for me..........
Blacks about as good as a Kuro?
Color almost as good as a Kuro?
Bright as a Kuro Elite?
Able to handle reflections better?
How about the heat given off by the panel?

If most of these are a yes, I will give up my 151FD for a 65ZT60

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
post #110 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post

OK, current or past Kuro owners could you answer these questions for me..........
Blacks about as good as a Kuro?
Color almost as good as a Kuro?
Bright as a Kuro Elite?
Able to handle reflections better?
How about the heat given off by the panel?

If most of these are a yes, I will give up my 151FD for a 65ZT60
I have a friend who owns a Kuro and the blacks are about dead even with my ZT60. My set only has about 35 hrs on it
And until it gets broke in and then calibrated can't completely answer your questions!
post #111 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Not a Kuro owner but a good friend has a 150fd that I've viewed on quite a few occasions. Black levels are comparable. Lighting will depend who wins, pitch black pio ANY light the ZT.

Limiting reflections the Zt wins this by 1927 miles.

Colors are very accurate on both.

Brightness I would say is comparable as well.

Like most reviews, the ZT is comparable to the Kuro in a few aspects and bests it by a large margin in a few. However pitch black viewing the Kuro still measures slightly deeper.

post #112 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

And as for heat, zt wins there as well simply because of how much more energy efficient Tvs are now so there isn't as much heat to be dissipated

post #113 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Liked: 11
Dont hate on BestBuy

<3
post #114 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:

Not a Kuro owner but a good friend has a 150fd that I've viewed on quite a few occasions. Black levels are comparable. Lighting will depend who wins, pitch black pio ANY light the ZT.

Limiting reflections the Zt wins this by 1927 miles.

Colors are very accurate on both.

Brightness I would say is comparable as well.

Like most reviews, the ZT is comparable to the Kuro in a few aspects and bests it by a large margin in a few. However pitch black viewing the Kuro still measures slightly deeper.
Isn't the PRO-150FD the 8th generation model? The ZT should be better in all categories, blacks included. The ZT should match (or come pretty close) to the PRO-151FD (9th and final gen), unless it received the D-Nice tweak. wink.gif
post #115 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Isn't the PRO-150FD the 8th generation model? The ZT should be better in all categories, blacks included. The ZT should match (or come pretty close) to the PRO-151FD (9th and final gen), unless it received the D-Nice tweak. wink.gif

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It should surpass the 150FD and should be equal to the 151FD, which was an improvement on the 150HD. The ZT should be as good as all Kuros, in black level, color and maybe a few other things, other than the 9.5G Kuros.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
post #116 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
^That's my takeaway from all the discoveries and findings revealed over the last month as well, with the exception of that proprietary black level tweak (making even Kuro 9Gs panels go deeper than 0.001), which is hardly worth mentioning beyond academically since only one calibrator is actively employing it.
post #117 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll chime in once my ZT gets here. I owned a 5080 and a 111fd. Lived with 9g blacks for 4 years. Once you've seen them -- you never forget them.
post #118 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

yes in terms of bad taste in my mouth, but mine is even more dramatic as I returned 3 items that totaled 950.00. Honestly all three were crap, well two are crap by default....there are no blue tooth stereo headsets that have quality and volume. The laptop was an HP , but performed poorly as well...Im a CS major. Oh wait...I stand corrected...It gets worse as I recall. I did buy a plasma tv last year...but never took ownership or delivery of the product. I cancelled the order a day after ordering and it counted as a return...an item I never even owned, touch or looked at. SO Im sure it was the dollar amount the plasma triggered for saying no returns in 90 days, but I think it also ties into their credit providers and their 18-24 month no interest plans. I get why BB does what it does with tight margins and the entire electronics industry being in such flux, but it translates to poor customer service based on consumers being unhappy with tech that isn't all that, but the price is.
Quote:

All I know is I have a VT60 that I decided to return for a ZT because I have bad reflections after having previously pre ordered a ZT6 and then switched to a VT60 and BB gave me no trouble at all. Very accommodating.
post #119 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown124 View Post

All I know is I have a VT60 that I decided to return for a ZT because I have bad reflections after having previously pre ordered a ZT6 and then switched to a VT60 and BB gave me no trouble at all. Very accommodating.
Don't get your hopes up.

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
post #120 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^^

Don't be mad but I can't resist - "I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it-- because I keep returning everything." smile.gif
Tazishere likes this.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page