Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,709
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

In a nut shell. I returned 1 sharp elite and two vt60s. They made me sign a "return warning" saying I can't return anything for 90 days. The store manager was very rude. I didn't raise a fuss, I just returned and walked out.
I see. I thought you had returned several tvs.
Evidently returning three high priced sets is several at BB. wink.gif

I can understand the cut off. That's probably company policy, but there is never any excuse for rudeness.
htwaits is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

In a nut shell. I returned 1 sharp elite and two vt60s. They made me sign a "return warning" saying I can't return anything for 90 days. The store manager was very rude. I didn't raise a fuss, I just returned and walked out.

With all due respect -- I don't blame them. The fact is that the rest of us pay in some way for returns. Margins are measured and optimized to the penny and I know from managing SEM for a large electronics company that there is less than a 10% margin on electronics. There isn't enough margin to cover VT60's being returned because LCD owners think the fans are too loud or that the buzzing is too much.

Manufacturers build in the cost of returns which keeps prices higher than they would be. This isn't Zappos where a person can buy and return shoes all day long. Zappos can sell those shoes as new if there is no dirt or wear on the soles. BB won't be able to sell the unit as new -- hell, depending on your excuse for returning they may have sent a perfectly good set back to Panny as defective.

There are a few guys who return sets like shoes and they always blame the manufacturer or store -- they don't stop to question whether they did enough research, had buyers remorse or whether there might be something wrong with their approach. Case in point: I bought a VT50 to replace my Kuro. Didn't like the VT50. Had a number of reasons to return it -- blacks not that good, fan noise, ect. But I know that I always hone in on what's wrong with something first and grow to appreciate what's right more slowly. Now? I think the VT50 is great -- I got used to it.
Tazishere and HLdan like this.
Glashub is offline  
post #93 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Member
 
mattduke1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have any of you owners been able to watch any sports on this thing yet - especially afternoon sporting events that took place in an outside venue? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on if you felt the ZT had plenty of brightness for situations like that and how it handled the motion. Any comments on sports viewing - i.e. NBA Playoffs - would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
mattduke1 is offline  
post #94 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Watching the playoffs right now and there is more than enough brightness...and I have overhead lighting on and it's in thx cinema not even brightroom


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sheshechic likes this.

yaomizzle is offline  
post #95 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 PM
Member
 
fIErcEfAntOm07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post

I ordered a 65"on 5/23 for delivery on 6/5. Might be the first one in Kansas City.
Do you know of any Best buys that have these set up for viewing yet? I live in Warrensburg Mo.
fIErcEfAntOm07 is offline  
post #96 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hughmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glashub View Post

With all due respect -- I don't blame them. The fact is that the rest of us pay in some way for returns. Margins are measured and optimized to the penny and I know from managing SEM for a large electronics company that there is less than a 10% margin on electronics. There isn't enough margin to cover VT60's being returned because LCD owners think the fans are too loud or that the buzzing is too much.

Manufacturers build in the cost of returns which keeps prices higher than they would be. This isn't Zappos where a person can buy and return shoes all day long. Zappos can sell those shoes as new if there is no dirt or wear on the soles. BB won't be able to sell the unit as new -- hell, depending on your excuse for returning they may have sent a perfectly good set back to Panny as defective.

There are a few guys who return sets like shoes and they always blame the manufacturer or store -- they don't stop to question whether they did enough research, had buyers remorse or whether there might be something wrong with their approach. Case in point: I bought a VT50 to replace my Kuro. Didn't like the VT50. Had a number of reasons to return it -- blacks not that good, fan noise, ect. But I know that I always hone in on what's wrong with something first and grow to appreciate what's right more slowly. Now? I think the VT50 is great -- I got used to it.

I agree to an extent. The issue is there is a distributor, Best Buy and a manufacturer, Panasonic. Best Buys' no return policy hurts them and customers and Panasonic or what ever other manufacturer gets by with a product that a consumer is not happy with or is genuinely defective, but most often that is it. Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time. One was an 800.00 laptop the other two items were Blue tooth headsets, one for 99.00 and the other for 50.00. I have a 5k credit limit with BB. I have purchased over 30k in the last ten years from them and always took advantage of zero interest etc. Although I generally purchased items from BB regularly as needed or wanted, for the first time since I have credit with them I have a zero balance. Their policy, while making sense, does inhibit me from purchasing a tv if I know they are not going to accept a return especially if it is a 3k dollar item that I am particular about.
Hughmc is offline  
post #97 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
dasanii19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

I agree to an extent. The issue is there is a distributor, Best Buy and a manufacturer, Panasonic. Best Buys' no return policy hurts them and customers and Panasonic or what ever other manufacturer gets by with a product that a consumer is not happy with or is genuinely defective, but most often that is it. Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time. One was an 800.00 laptop the other two items were Blue tooth headsets, one for 99.00 and the other for 50.00. I have a 5k credit limit with BB. I have purchased over 30k in the last ten years from them and always took advantage of zero interest etc. Although I generally purchased items from BB regularly as needed or wanted, for the first time since I have credit with them I have a zero balance. Their policy, while making sense, does inhibit me from purchasing a tv if I know they are not going to accept a return especially if it is a 3k dollar item that I am particular about.
So you had the same problem ey? :/

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
dasanii19 is offline  
post #98 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanes View Post

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I'm not an owner yet, but wanted to ask you guys, how's the 3D performance? Panny has modified the active glasses this year and given them more surface area - can the 3D glasses be comfortably worn over regular glasses? The last question may seem weird, but I have had good experience in the past with Samsung 3D glasses, so doesn't hurt to ask.
Welcome to AVS. I have no idea on 3D performance and I don't wear glasses, but Katzmeier at CNET prefers the Panasonic glasses to Samsung's. He addresses this in his review where he says the included Panasonic model is inferior to another model that blocks more light.

repete66211 is online now  
post #99 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

I agree to an extent. The issue is there is a distributor, Best Buy and a manufacturer, Panasonic. Best Buys' no return policy hurts them and customers and Panasonic or what ever other manufacturer gets by with a product that a consumer is not happy with or is genuinely defective, but most often that is it. Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time. One was an 800.00 laptop the other two items were Blue tooth headsets, one for 99.00 and the other for 50.00. I have a 5k credit limit with BB. I have purchased over 30k in the last ten years from them and always took advantage of zero interest etc. Although I generally purchased items from BB regularly as needed or wanted, for the first time since I have credit with them I have a zero balance. Their policy, while making sense, does inhibit me from purchasing a tv if I know they are not going to accept a return especially if it is a 3k dollar item that I am particular about.
This makes no sense. You say BB has a no return policy which is not the case. And yet you returned 3 items in 1 month. And then you say that you will not but a tv from them because YOU KNOW they will not accept a return. While youre responding to someone who has returned 3 tvs.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #100 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hughmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

So you had the same problem ey? :/

yes in terms of bad taste in my mouth, but mine is even more dramatic as I returned 3 items that totaled 950.00. Honestly all three were crap, well two are crap by default....there are no blue tooth stereo headsets that have quality and volume. The laptop was an HP , but performed poorly as well...Im a CS major. Oh wait...I stand corrected...It gets worse as I recall. I did buy a plasma tv last year...but never took ownership or delivery of the product. I cancelled the order a day after ordering and it counted as a return...an item I never even owned, touch or looked at. SO Im sure it was the dollar amount the plasma triggered for saying no returns in 90 days, but I think it also ties into their credit providers and their 18-24 month no interest plans. I get why BB does what it does with tight margins and the entire electronics industry being in such flux, but it translates to poor customer service based on consumers being unhappy with tech that isn't all that, but the price is.
Hughmc is offline  
post #101 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hughmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

This makes no sense. You say BB has a no return policy which is not the case. And yet you returned 3 items in 1 month. And then you say that you will not but a tv from them because YOU KNOW they will not accept a return. While youre responding to someone who has returned 3 tvs.

Best Buy has a return policy...I said it has a no return policy when more than a certain amount of items are returned in a short period of time....based on the previous posters comment... and I had a similar issue...then I recalled I did order a tv...and the rest is in the next post I made.


What I said was: "Best Buy told me the same last year when I returned 3 separate items in a months time".
Hughmc is offline  
post #102 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Lets get on topic here guys


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yaomizzle is offline  
post #103 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaomizzle View Post

Lets get on topic here guys


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You dont think anyones interested in the BB return policy?

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #104 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
There's a difference between their return policy and telling a guy who's purchased over 10k worth of Tvs over 3 items and returned em all that they won't do it again with another 4k set. That just seems like intelligent business


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yaomizzle is offline  
post #105 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Bond 007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,847
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaomizzle View Post

There's a difference between their return policy and telling a guy who's purchased over 10k worth of Tvs over 3 items and returned em all that they won't do it again with another 4k set. That just seems like intelligent business


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I agree. Didnt make sense to me either. Thats why I asked him more about it. Nuff said.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
Bond 007 is online now  
post #106 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Member
 
stpetematt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Motion is excellent.

Black levels and reflection reduction are astounding.

Sports look fantastic on it. It's not as bright as an LCD but neither is reality. It's plenty bright to look great in a room with windows and lights - especially due to lack of reflections.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR805 THX Ultra 2
Axiom M60 Towers
Axiom VC-160 Center
Axiom QS8 Surrounds
HSU Engineering VT-15 Sub
PS3/360
stpetematt is offline  
post #107 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 203
BB should accept returns of faulty merchandise. However, if someone is just taking a TV for a spin (aka Superbowling) or taking possession of one model until the next one is released, fully intent on taking advantage of the return policy, then I think there's room for complaint on BB's front. Worse yet when someone just plain doesn't do their homework.

Anyway, I am really excited about getting this TV--8 days left!

repete66211 is online now  
post #108 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
My only complaint in my set up and first day with it is it appears my darblet has given up the ghost ;-(

Watched The Avengers with some friends who helped me mount this behemoth and just got done watching this nba game. Now I think I might throw Avatr in, really missing my darblet tho.

And again this panel absolutely destroys all light, I'm utterly astonished at its ability to do so


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yaomizzle is offline  
post #109 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
OK, current or past Kuro owners could you answer these questions for me..........
Blacks about as good as a Kuro?
Color almost as good as a Kuro?
Bright as a Kuro Elite?
Able to handle reflections better?
How about the heat given off by the panel?

If most of these are a yes, I will give up my 151FD for a 65ZT60

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
Mixdoctor is online now  
post #110 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bigmoviefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post

OK, current or past Kuro owners could you answer these questions for me..........
Blacks about as good as a Kuro?
Color almost as good as a Kuro?
Bright as a Kuro Elite?
Able to handle reflections better?
How about the heat given off by the panel?

If most of these are a yes, I will give up my 151FD for a 65ZT60
I have a friend who owns a Kuro and the blacks are about dead even with my ZT60. My set only has about 35 hrs on it
And until it gets broke in and then calibrated can't completely answer your questions!
Bigmoviefan is offline  
post #111 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Not a Kuro owner but a good friend has a 150fd that I've viewed on quite a few occasions. Black levels are comparable. Lighting will depend who wins, pitch black pio ANY light the ZT.

Limiting reflections the Zt wins this by 1927 miles.

Colors are very accurate on both.

Brightness I would say is comparable as well.

Like most reviews, the ZT is comparable to the Kuro in a few aspects and bests it by a large margin in a few. However pitch black viewing the Kuro still measures slightly deeper.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yaomizzle is offline  
post #112 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
yaomizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
And as for heat, zt wins there as well simply because of how much more energy efficient Tvs are now so there isn't as much heat to be dissipated


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yaomizzle is offline  
post #113 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Member
 
SodomySquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dont hate on BestBuy

<3
SodomySquirrel is offline  
post #114 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaomizzle View Post

Not a Kuro owner but a good friend has a 150fd that I've viewed on quite a few occasions. Black levels are comparable. Lighting will depend who wins, pitch black pio ANY light the ZT.

Limiting reflections the Zt wins this by 1927 miles.

Colors are very accurate on both.

Brightness I would say is comparable as well.

Like most reviews, the ZT is comparable to the Kuro in a few aspects and bests it by a large margin in a few. However pitch black viewing the Kuro still measures slightly deeper.
Isn't the PRO-150FD the 8th generation model? The ZT should be better in all categories, blacks included. The ZT should match (or come pretty close) to the PRO-151FD (9th and final gen), unless it received the D-Nice tweak. wink.gif
vinnie97 is offline  
post #115 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Isn't the PRO-150FD the 8th generation model? The ZT should be better in all categories, blacks included. The ZT should match (or come pretty close) to the PRO-151FD (9th and final gen), unless it received the D-Nice tweak. wink.gif


Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It should surpass the 150FD and should be equal to the 151FD, which was an improvement on the 150HD. The ZT should be as good as all Kuros, in black level, color and maybe a few other things, other than the 9.5G Kuros.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
Sharp Elite 70X5FD
Oppo BDP-103D
Pioneer Elite SC-07, SC-05 Receivers
Martin Logan Ascents
Rotel RMB 985MKII
NHT VT-2.4 Surround System
Velodyne DD-18 Pair
Mixdoctor is online now  
post #116 of 12402 Old 05-28-2013, 11:23 PM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
^That's my takeaway from all the discoveries and findings revealed over the last month as well, with the exception of that proprietary black level tweak (making even Kuro 9Gs panels go deeper than 0.001), which is hardly worth mentioning beyond academically since only one calibrator is actively employing it.
vinnie97 is offline  
post #117 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
I'll chime in once my ZT gets here. I owned a 5080 and a 111fd. Lived with 9g blacks for 4 years. Once you've seen them -- you never forget them.
Glashub is offline  
post #118 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:15 AM
Newbie
 
ktown124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughmc View Post

yes in terms of bad taste in my mouth, but mine is even more dramatic as I returned 3 items that totaled 950.00. Honestly all three were crap, well two are crap by default....there are no blue tooth stereo headsets that have quality and volume. The laptop was an HP , but performed poorly as well...Im a CS major. Oh wait...I stand corrected...It gets worse as I recall. I did buy a plasma tv last year...but never took ownership or delivery of the product. I cancelled the order a day after ordering and it counted as a return...an item I never even owned, touch or looked at. SO Im sure it was the dollar amount the plasma triggered for saying no returns in 90 days, but I think it also ties into their credit providers and their 18-24 month no interest plans. I get why BB does what it does with tight margins and the entire electronics industry being in such flux, but it translates to poor customer service based on consumers being unhappy with tech that isn't all that, but the price is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanii19 View Post

So you had the same problem ey? :/


All I know is I have a VT60 that I decided to return for a ZT because I have bad reflections after having previously pre ordered a ZT6 and then switched to a VT60 and BB gave me no trouble at all. Very accommodating.
ktown124 is offline  
post #119 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
dasanii19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktown124 View Post


All I know is I have a VT60 that I decided to return for a ZT because I have bad reflections after having previously pre ordered a ZT6 and then switched to a VT60 and BB gave me no trouble at all. Very accommodating.
Don't get your hopes up.

MY NAME IS SUE!!! HOW DO YOU DO!!!

"I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it."
dasanii19 is offline  
post #120 of 12402 Old 05-29-2013, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Glashub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA, CA - 818
Posts: 1,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 118
^^^^

Don't be mad but I can't resist - "I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it-- because I keep returning everything." smile.gif
Tazishere likes this.
Glashub is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off