Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 408 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #12211 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Everyday I'm still wowed by this TV, even after 1,000 hours and 6 months.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (133.8 KB, 19 views)
Sonyboy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12212 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by grilodan View Post
Everyday I'm still wowed by this TV, even after 1,000 hours and 6 months.

Me too, awesome picture quality.
Sonyboy likes this.
post #12213 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadThunder View Post
I won't speak for ZT60 owners but on my PF30's the only time I use black extender is

1) watching sports with uniform green or whatever colored field and minimal shadow details, eg world cup football
2) in heavy ambient light, if the shadow details are being lost to ambient light you can afford to throw them out for a little extra boost

In casual viewing its ok, it does hurt gradations and probably should never be used with 16-235 output so use your judgment and always put it back for movies
What's a pf30?
post #12214 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Panasonic professional plasma 42PF30 and 50PF30

I am posting on one right now it is my main monitor and the other bigger one is for movies
post #12215 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

Liked: 10
Smile IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Just a heads up hands on word of advice........ my IR didn't happen until about 1300 hours. Being well over 1000 hours with no IR, I think I got complacent thinking I was so far past break-in I was out of the woods and had nothing to worry about, especially since my Kuro never gave me a moments issue with IR. Be careful with station logos, my IR happened from only 4 or 5 hours a night of watching the Velocity channel. It's their crappy "V" channel logo that is not 100% opaque ...... the tips are a solid silver/white and that is what burned into my set. After hundreds of hours of screen wipe and pixel flipper plus a few hundred more of regular viewing, it is about 90% gone. I can still see a faint outline on light colored solid screen material. I honestly don't know if this last 10% will fade or not...... it seems to have leveled off at this point and isn't fading any more.

John
After having experienced burn-in on my VT25 that faded but never disappeared, I went through great pains to avoid a repeat performance on my ZT60. During break-in, I avoided programming with static images as much as possible. When I did watch programming with static images like my local news station, I changed the aspect ratio every 10 to 15 minutes. Still, I ended up with a station logo that still has not completely faded after four plus months. The IR occurred while I was still in the return window but there were no more ZT60s to be had. So I kept the set. I still marvel at the quality of the picture, especially with Darbee processing. I think the ZT60 rivals if not beats my Pioneer Pro 111, which is exceptionally resistant to IR BTW. Too bad that Panasonic could not conquer IR in their last, best plasma set. Oh well. I guess nothing is perfect. All in all, in spite of the IR which I try (not always successfully) to ignore, I am glad I bought the ZT60. And after about a month, I became accustomed to the fan noise.

Last edited by kennyboy2; Yesterday at 02:05 PM. Reason: Typo
post #12216 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
^^ It seems really easy to get IR from the directv dvr navigation bar that appears near the bottom of my set when fast forwarding, pausing, reversing. Similar with some other static screen content near the bottom (TNT logo, for example). Just takes a minute or two. Turns into a garbled (somewhat colorful) white-noisy hash, visible on very light screens that stretch to the left hand side of my screen (black bars on the sides and no hash, regardless of content). But at least for now it does seem to go away after a bit, perhaps sometimes with the help of running screen wipe for a while.

(I'm not so sure about the directv logo that appears in the upper right area, it seems to be more persistent, but does not turn into a garbled hash, so I hardly ever notice whether it's even there or not. When I do look I do tend to see it, but it's very light.)
post #12217 of 12217 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy2 View Post
After having experienced burn-in on my VT25 that faded but never disappeared, I went through great pains to avoid a repeat performance on my ZT60. During break-in, I avoided programming with static images as much as possible. When I did watch programming with static images like my local news station, I changed the aspect ratio every 10 to 15 minutes. Still, I ended up with a station logo that still has not completely faded after four plus months. The IR occurred while I was still in the return window but there were no more ZT60s to be had. So I kept the set. I still marvel at the quality of the picture, especially with Darbee processing. I think the ZT60 rivals if not beats my Pioneer Pro 111, which is exceptionally resistant to IR BTW. Too bad that Panasonic could not conquer IR in their last, best plasma set. Oh well. I guess nothing is perfect. All in all, in spite of the IR which I try (not always successfully) to ignore, I am glad I bought the ZT60. And after about a month, I became accustomed to the fan noise.
I'm still happy that I bought mine..... and a little bit unhappy with myself that I wasn't more careful about leaving it on the Velocity Channel to cause my IR. My Kuro is exceptionally resistant to IR as well .............. I think that contributed to my lax attitude after over a 1000 hours on the ZT60 with leaving it on the V channel for so many hours at a time, day after day. I now pay a lot more attention to the "type" of channel logo employed by the various stations. HGTV for example, has a TV friendly logo........ a light white/grey that is totally opaque...... has a nice transparency to it. AMC is also similar. It's the stations with colored logos or logos that have solid mass to them that I now avoid like the plague. I can get IR very quickly from static menu items for example, but those that occur that quickly also go away just as fast with a quick screen wipe. The solid channel logos retained from hours of watching day after day..... not so lucky.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page