Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 412 - AVS Forum
First ... 410  411  412 413  414  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
B T C's Avatar B T C 09:03 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
too bad you could not have driven to Michigan.......1/3 of that cost( $USD) and available now

Warren
I live in Michigan and would love to hear more.

turnne1's Avatar turnne1 09:06 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
It's gotten ridiculous now. Some places now want $10k for the 65".
idiotic asking price....just an opportunistic individual that thinks they can find someone who will actually pay that price
from what I have they are not even authorized dealers!!!
I see the same thing on the Sharp elite LED
Goofballs are asking 3x what Best Buy( and other places) were selling them on clearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
I live in Michigan and would love to hear more.
ABC warehouse is your friend
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 09:09 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I'm not seeing that on amazon at least.

BTW, do you guys feel confident that you could tell the difference between the VT60 and ZT60 PQ? And what of the prior year's VT50? The VT50 (no ZT that year) seemed to have very low numbers of complaints of IR/BI at AVS (just my impression), while the later ZT60 seems to have annoyed many people this way.
Not on Amazon. Some electronics store is trying to grab pigeons to pay $9999.00. Even has it written there as the MSRP. Sorry, I don't know if we're allowed to talk about price. Just addressing your post.
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 09:10 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
idiotic asking price....just an opportunistic individual that thinks they can find someone who will actually pay that price
from what I have they are not even authorized dealers!!!
I see the same thing on the Sharp elite LED
Goofballs are asking 3x what Best Buy( and other places) were selling them on clearance



ABC warehouse is your friend
Exactly. Here's the link to Walt's electronics. It's listed as BBB accredited. http://www.walts.com/products/TC-P65...vX5xoCo97w_wcB
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 09:32 PM 07-18-2014
Any retailer selling a high demand discontinued product for anything less than MSRP is crazy.
tgm1024's Avatar tgm1024 09:32 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Exactly. Here's the link to Walt's electronics. It's listed as BBB accredited. http://www.walts.com/products/TC-P65...vX5xoCo97w_wcB

Adding insult to injury, the return policy is atrocious.

http://www.walts.com/returnpolicy.php
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 09:36 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Adding insult to injury, the return policy is atrocious.

http://www.walts.com/returnpolicy.php
Whoa, no kidding, he's a crook. TV's are not returnable over 24" in size? Robbery.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 09:39 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I'm not seeing that on amazon at least.

BTW, do you guys feel confident that you could tell the difference between the VT60 and ZT60 PQ? And what of the prior year's VT50? The VT50 (no ZT that year) seemed to have very low numbers of complaints of IR/BI at AVS (just my impression), while the later ZT60 seems to have annoyed many people this way.
I think I could tell the difference between the VT60 & ZT60 side by side in a bright room, especially right after powering them on.

I was just at my dad's. He has a 65" VT50. He watches nothing but the Golf Channel & ESPN. I ran the scroll bar checking for IR & saw nothing. It's on THX Cinema with contrast at 76. The picture still looks really good but I think my ZT's PQ is better. (No bias here.)
tgm1024's Avatar tgm1024 09:40 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Whoa, no kidding, he's a crook. TV's are not returnable over 24" in size? Robbery.
Yeah, but people just don't check this stuff. I've been talking about this online until I was blue in the fingertips. The return policy is the first thing I go over like the Zapruder film. Google "abes of maine" and you'll see a news report on how bad these places can be.
eaayoung's Avatar eaayoung 09:46 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
He says right in his post it was the 60"
And I didn't get a great deal for my 60" ZT at $2300 in January, 2014. But didn't want to take chance of not getting one. Same as cash for 18 months if I remember correctly. Setup the payments for auto pay and just sit back and enjoy my ZT!
HLdan's Avatar HLdan 10:06 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
Yeah, but people just don't check this stuff. I've been talking about this online until I was blue in the fingertips. The return policy is the first thing I go over like the Zapruder film. Google "abes of maine" and you'll see a news report on how bad these places can be.
I certainly don't need to google Abes of Maine. I was one of their very disappointed customers. I bought a Sammy LCD from them 2 years back and their overly aggressive sales manner about the warranties and other shady tactics lead me to write a bad post about them on Resellerratings.com. Aside from that, they told me I had 7 days to exchange the set. I did. I sent back the LCD and got a Panny plasma. They made me pay for the shipping back which cost me close to $200. I wrote that on Resellerratings.com also. They called me multiple times begging me to remove the posts and even offered to give me a $100 discount coupon to eat at multiple restaurants which is just a big scam. To beg a customer to remove a bad rating helps them clean up their rating. I don't like this. I refused. They don't want potential customers to know how horrible their service is. They make Resellerratings.com an unreliable place.
Famouss's Avatar Famouss 10:48 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post
I'm not seeing that on amazon at least.

BTW, do you guys feel confident that you could tell the difference between the VT60 and ZT60 PQ? And what of the prior year's VT50? The VT50 (no ZT that year) seemed to have very low numbers of complaints of IR/BI at AVS (just my impression), while the later ZT60 seems to have annoyed many people this way.
The zt60 should look clearly superior in a bright environment due to the filter, but will look identical to the vt60 in a really dark room.

As for the vt50, I had one before getting the vt60 and compared them side by side for a few days, the vt60 looks visibly better at night in terms of blacks, but they looked the same in high ambience during the day. And I never had any problems with IR on either set, worst case were logos that would go away after a few minutes of mixed content.
antennahead's Avatar antennahead 10:54 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
I think I could tell the difference between the VT60 & ZT60 side by side in a bright room, especially right after powering them on.

I was just at my dad's. He has a 65" VT50. He watches nothing but the Golf Channel & ESPN. I ran the scroll bar checking for IR & saw nothing. It's on THX Cinema with contrast at 76. The picture still looks really good but I think my ZT's PQ is better. (No bias here.)
Wow, isn't that amazing........ THX Cinema and contrast at 76, nothing but Golf Channel and ESPN and NO IR. Lol, the inconsistent and random pattern among these sets for IR is truly baffling.
stile's Avatar stile 10:58 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Ouch is right. $6,000 is up there. $2300 for my ZT 60".

Regarding the banding, I rarely notice it on mine. And if I do, usually very faint. Stile, give it some time and you'll forget about most of your TVs faults. Hopefully your fan issue will be one of those faults! Like someone said, the fan issue should've have been resolved during the R&D process.
ah, so you have it too. is it just one line? i noticed tonight that there is one on the right and a smaller one to the left of it. now every time i watch the TV i'm looking for it
Famouss's Avatar Famouss 11:51 PM 07-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Wow, isn't that amazing........ THX Cinema and contrast at 76, nothing but Golf Channel and ESPN and NO IR. Lol, the inconsistent and random pattern among these sets for IR is truly baffling.
Maybe he does have some faint IR? I use custom settings with the pixel orbiter on and change up the content regularly. I don't know if the orbiter actually helps in preventing IR more so than having it off though, but I keep it on just in case..otherwise I would be perfectly content with just using THX Cinema mode.
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 05:34 AM 07-19-2014
Pixel orbiter shifts the image around slightly, so rather than prevent IR, in most cases it really just softens the edges of the IR.
antennahead's Avatar antennahead 01:06 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
Pixel orbiter shifts the image around slightly, so rather than prevent IR, in most cases it really just softens the edges of the IR.
Those channel logos are much less distinct with the soft edges ...... much harder to see with normal viewing








B T C's Avatar B T C 01:59 PM 07-19-2014
Are situations where ambient lighting cannot be controlled the only times the ZT60 would be of benefit in comparison to a VT60?
xvfx's Avatar xvfx 02:10 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
Any retailer selling a high demand discontinued product for anything less than MSRP is crazy.
Heh, £17,499 for a 55VT50B.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...&condition=new
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 03:52 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Are situations where ambient lighting cannot be controlled the only times the ZT60 would be of benefit in comparison to a VT60?
PQ is virtually identical in a dark room.
fmalczewski's Avatar fmalczewski 06:23 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Are situations where ambient lighting cannot be controlled the only times the ZT60 would be of benefit in comparison to a VT60?
There might be some difference if you watch off center. There's no gap between the zt60's front glass and the plasma panel, but there is one for the vt60. So may see some reflections on the vt60s.
Jason626's Avatar Jason626 09:30 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
There might be some difference if you watch off center. There's no gap between the zt60's front glass and the plasma panel, but there is one for the vt60. So may see some reflections on the vt60s.
This is true I can see internal reflections on my vt60 from extreme off angle viewing on certain circumstances. Like a TNT logo on black background looks like a double image. Probably the biggest negative about the vt60 for me.
rifleman69's Avatar rifleman69 09:34 PM 07-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famouss View Post
The zt60 should look clearly superior in a bright environment due to the filter, but will look identical to the vt60 in a really dark room.

As for the vt50, I had one before getting the vt60 and compared them side by side for a few days, the vt60 looks visibly better at night in terms of blacks, but they looked the same in high ambience during the day. And I never had any problems with IR on either set, worst case were logos that would go away after a few minutes of mixed content.
Yep, bright room here otherwise I'd have a VT and quite possibly two of them. Really happy with my ZT60 from November.
Alphabase's Avatar Alphabase 03:33 PM 07-20-2014
Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of an Oppo 103 to use with my ZT60

Can anyone who has already explored this chime in with your thoughts?

Would the video processing of the high end ZT60 not equal or exceed the Oppo?

Many thanks
Famouss's Avatar Famouss 03:57 PM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Are situations where ambient lighting cannot be controlled the only times the ZT60 would be of benefit in comparison to a VT60?
The ZT60's main advantage over the VT is its filter, which is visibly superior in high ambient lighting, other than that they are the same in the dark.
bob brennan's Avatar bob brennan 04:08 PM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabase View Post
Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of an Oppo 103 to use with my ZT60

Can anyone who has already explored this chime in with your thoughts?

Would the video processing of the high end ZT60 not equal or exceed the Oppo?

Many thanks
Have a 65ZT60 and OPPO 103D - go for the 103D and use the Darbee set to around 39 for the ultimate experience - read up on the Oppo103D thread - as for video processing - I run the cable box set to pass-through/direct to the 103D, let the Oppo upscale/deinterlace and apply the Darbee and send to ZT by HDMI out1 - send audio to AVR via HDMI out2.
htwaits's Avatar htwaits 08:06 PM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabase View Post
Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of an Oppo 103 to use with my ZT60

Can anyone who has already explored this chime in with your thoughts?

Would the video processing of the high end ZT60 not equal or exceed the Oppo?

Many thanks
No TV can match the video processing found in major brand Blu-ray players.

The OPPO stands out for it's DVD processing and other features. If you like the Darbee effect that's another advantage the 103D has.

If your only interest is playing Blu-ray disks, and you don't want to try to get better video processing for inputs like cable or Roku, then any reasonable player that's reliable will fine.
antennahead's Avatar antennahead 09:17 PM 07-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabase View Post
Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of an Oppo 103 to use with my ZT60

Can anyone who has already explored this chime in with your thoughts?

Would the video processing of the high end ZT60 not equal or exceed the Oppo?

Many thanks
This somewhat depends on your needs. If you intend to watch predominantly Blu ray discs and don't need any other functionality that the 103 offers, then pretty much any good Blu ray player should make you happy. If you want network streaming capabilities then weigh the 103's offerings against other players. In my case, I have a large library of SD DVDs that may never come out on Blu ray, or that I just don't want to upgrade. For me, the Qdeo processing in the 103 was important. I especially like what the Qdeo motion adaptive VNR does for older noisy DVDs. I also love the 103's scaling capabilities. Oppo also offers great customer support, and down the road if you ever needed repairs they offer a very reasonable fee for returning a product for repair. Decide how you will use your Blu ray player and what features you need, then compare the 103 against the competition for price and features. "If" you are a basic user and will mostly just play Blu rays however, the 103 will most likely be overkill, as you'll pay for features and functionality you don't need. YMMV.
bob brennan's Avatar bob brennan 06:34 PM 07-21-2014
looking @ d-nice new settings for the ZT60 see below - he list the "color gamut" as normal yet in the ZT menu it has "native" - confused - any suggestion or should we leave it @ rec.709???

Pro Settings
Panel Brightness: High
AGC: 0
Black Extension: 0
Color Gamut: Normal
repete66211's Avatar repete66211 07:02 PM 07-21-2014
I've never seen a reason to have it anything other than 709.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 410  411  412 413  414  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop