Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 413 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12361 of 12369 Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Disney WOW and aging the panel?

Sorry, posted in wrong thread.

Last edited by HLdan; Yesterday at 07:39 PM.
HLdan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12362 of 12369 Old Today, 03:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
looking @ d-nice new settings for the ZT60 see below - he list the "color gamut" as normal yet in the ZT menu it has "native" - confused - any suggestion or should we leave it @ rec.709???

Pro Settings
Panel Brightness: High
AGC: 0
Black Extension: 0
Color Gamut: Normal
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
I've never seen a reason to have it anything other than 709.
Neither have I but was just curious about the change - in the old D-Nice ZT settings it was "709" now 'Normal" also color temp changed from "warm 2" to "Normal" along with some other changes. I prefer the new settings for my ZT but I also do not have the most "educated eye" - But HEY - WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000

Last edited by bob brennan; Today at 03:53 AM.
bob brennan is online now  
post #12363 of 12369 Old Today, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 199
The change is interesting. I'd be curious to know what D-Nice saw to justify it. I don't have equipment to measure the difference between the two settings, but when you read the description provided for "Native" it sounds like the kind of thing you normally wish to avoid.

repete66211 is online now  
post #12364 of 12369 Old Today, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
fmalczewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Neither have I but was just curious about the change - in the old D-Nice ZT settings it was "709" now 'Normal" also color temp changed from "warm 2" to "Normal" along with some other changes. I prefer the new settings for my ZT but I also do not have the most "educated eye" - But HEY - WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!
Fwiw, I've been running color temp at "Normal" for a while, using THX Theater, based on eyeballing greyscale from spears & munsil calibration disc. Got rid of color tinges was seeing at warm 1 and warm 2 (and whatever their opposites are). Also may have bumped up my IR... but colors seem righter.
fmalczewski is offline  
post #12365 of 12369 Old Today, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Neither have I but was just curious about the change - in the old D-Nice ZT settings it was "709" now 'Normal" also color temp changed from "warm 2" to "Normal" along with some other changes. I prefer the new settings for my ZT but I also do not have the most "educated eye" - But HEY - WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Fwiw, I've been running color temp at "Normal" for a while, using THX Theater, based on eyeballing greyscale from spears & munsil calibration disc. Got rid of color tinges was seeing at warm 1 and warm 2 (and whatever their opposites are). Also may have bumped up my IR... but colors seem righter.
I have seen the same effect using the "normal" setting - a minor but observable change and improvement - I have D-Nice old/new in professional 1&2 and CNET settings in Cinema - best is D-Nice New by a long-shot (small improvements add up)

ZT is the best HDTV ever made!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is online now  
post #12366 of 12369 Old Today, 08:35 AM
Member
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Rest assured, the IR will go away, but it can take months and months.


I have a 65VT30 and a 65ZT60 .. the VT30 had a CNN logo for 9 months of 16:9 viewing until it finally went away, and I developed it after watching a well broken in panel for 12 hours on CNN ... Also those pixel flippers and screen wipes do nothing -- at least they did nothing for my sets -- I ran them 24/7 for days and days -- no change at all. God bless people that swear by them, they did NOTHING for me.


After 4 hours of cnn viewing on the ZT, IR developed for the logo.. and it took 2 days to completely go away.


The 9 months on the VT30 was very frustrating, but once it went away as everyone told me it would (and I didn't believe them) -- I now don't care, I know that IR just goes away after some time, and you'll have to deal with it while it is still present


Definitely have to be careful what you watch on these sets
PeterUbers is offline  
post #12367 of 12369 Old Today, 10:00 AM
Member
 
B T C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been looking at some floor model ZT60's. The sets I've looked at, or set at this point, had a lot of IR. Perhaps that should not be a concern if the price is right.
B T C is online now  
post #12368 of 12369 Old Today, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
Rest assured, the IR will go away, but it can take months and months.


I have a 65VT30 and a 65ZT60 .. the VT30 had a CNN logo for 9 months of 16:9 viewing until it finally went away, and I developed it after watching a well broken in panel for 12 hours on CNN ... Also those pixel flippers and screen wipes do nothing -- at least they did nothing for my sets -- I ran them 24/7 for days and days -- no change at all. God bless people that swear by them, they did NOTHING for me.


After 4 hours of cnn viewing on the ZT, IR developed for the logo.. and it took 2 days to completely go away.


The 9 months on the VT30 was very frustrating, but once it went away as everyone told me it would (and I didn't believe them) -- I now don't care, I know that IR just goes away after some time, and you'll have to deal with it while it is still present


Definitely have to be careful what you watch on these sets
What is truly amazing is how some folks have this problem and some don't - watch all the bad things ESPN. Bloomberg, NFL, MLB, etc. and absolutely nothing from day one - occasionally I run the screen swipe so I don't feel left out

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is online now  
post #12369 of 12369 Old Today, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
 
5x10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
Rest assured, the IR will go away, but it can take months and months.


I have a 65VT30 and a 65ZT60 .. the VT30 had a CNN logo for 9 months of 16:9 viewing until it finally went away, and I developed it after watching a well broken in panel for 12 hours on CNN ... Also those pixel flippers and screen wipes do nothing -- at least they did nothing for my sets -- I ran them 24/7 for days and days -- no change at all. God bless people that swear by them, they did NOTHING for me.


After 4 hours of cnn viewing on the ZT, IR developed for the logo.. and it took 2 days to completely go away.


The 9 months on the VT30 was very frustrating, but once it went away as everyone told me it would (and I didn't believe them) -- I now don't care, I know that IR just goes away after some time, and you'll have to deal with it while it is still present


Definitely have to be careful what you watch on these sets
i have the 65vt30 with the ID logo in the lower right hand corner and it wont be going away as my wife always watches that channel
im guessing IR is just how the panel ages, the more it ages without the logo, the less noticable it will be
5x10 is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off