Forum Jump: 

post #12391 of 12395 Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
If I could get a 65" ZT60 for $1,700 I'd take my chances with the IR, especially if they threw in a warranty or some extras.

It still amazes me that in this day and age TV stores don't take better care of their floor models. I mean, everyone knows about IR. How can a manager not make the effort to ensure 16:9 content is run on all TVs--even the LCDs--7all the time? This just boggles the mind.
I pretty much agree with everything you said. How do the people running these stores take no precautions? I think the risk becomes worth it at some point. I guess that point is what I'm trying to identify.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12392 of 12395 Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
You can't eyeball greyscale. its impossible for a human to do it. D-nice has said this many many times ( I'm guessing he tried to do it himself and couldn't get anything out of it by eye )

A meter is a must to get any positive adjustment of the greyscale otherwise you can't see what ur adjusting good or bad
Pretty sure we've already had this discussion. Not talking a full blown calibration, just picking a Color Temp setting from a pulldown of maybe a handful of options. I can eyeball when grey has the least amount of coloration to it. Be happy to show you.
post #12393 of 12395 Old Yesterday, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
I agree. I think voltages may have been set higher than normal causing IR to be more prone on the 2013 sets. Probably the best guess I've read on this forum of why IR is soo common on 2013

Also, my set before it hit 1500 hours was very very resistant to IR for any content....now its nearing 1600 hours and I can make out IR from just the menu after I switch to a white slide but it fades away after content is displayed. Im guessing at 1500 hours the voltage levels jumped keep up with aging phosphours or something...sorta like what happened with the VT25 black level rise when the word was some Panasonic engineer goofed on the voltage algorithm too early and too aggressively
That wouldn't surprise me at all. Seems to be the case for me too, with possibly a bump (or two) prior to that. Pretty easy to get anything with bright lettering to stick relatively easily as of late, particularly towards the bottom of the screen.

But... even when the set was practically brand new I ran into some of the same IR early on when I thought I'd run slides for 100 hours or so. Right off the bat, I think just from running the application to get them to play. (Not really sure it's just IR, so much motion involved in the (video) noise that goes along with it; towards the top I've seen some IR too, but none of the video noise.)

Last edited by fmalczewski; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.
post #12394 of 12395 Old Today, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I saw some mild IR on my VT60 from the application to play video and it could not have been on the screen for more than a minute, probably closer to 30 seconds. This was with 1000+ hours on the set.
post #12395 of 12395 Old Today, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 202
I see IR when I launch the PS3 Amazon Video app. It's up for just a few seconds and it fades pretty quickly. My old Samsung plasma did the same thing. I don't really consider short term IR like that a concern.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page