Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 415 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12421 of 12424 Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Senior Member
 
rman66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The one year old 65ZT60 TV I purchased has some burn-in artifacts (a logo and a 1cm smudge streak running horizontally across the 1/5th horizontal) when I was doing that screen swipe.. These are not prominent but light. Does anyone know if these artifacts go away over time or are they permanent?.

Re: Mounting
The mounting place that sticks on the wall is attached to a stud on one side only. On the other side, the installer (of a previous TV set) used drywall anchors. I am not happy with this.
I am thinking of reinforcing the mount setup by bolting (lag bolts) two 4X4 over the drywall (running between two vertical studs behind the drywall) to which I could attach the mounting plate. It will also give me the depth necessary as the TV is quite big and is interfering with the drywall pit above the fireplace.

My questions are:
How do I fasten the 4X4 to the studs behind the drywall above the fireplace properly?
How many lag bolts to use? etc. I am looking for a simple design spec. It is crucial that it is done right as the TV is almost 100lbs and a failure could be catastrophic


thanks.
rman66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12422 of 12424 Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
Member
 
B T C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman66 View Post
The one year old 65ZT60 TV I purchased has some burn-in artifacts (a logo and a 1cm smudge streak running horizontally across the 1/5th horizontal) when I was doing that screen swipe.. These are not prominent but light. Does anyone know if these artifacts go away over time or are they permanent?.
IR is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a floor model 65" ZT60. I looked at one over the weekend that was pretty clean from an IR perspective, but it would be nice to think, or know, that it will eventually go away. I have a 55" VT60 that I bought with approximately 1000 hours on it. It has some very slight IR in the bottom right corner where static station logos are generally located. Generally speaking, it's not noticeable, but it's there and under certain conditions is noticeable. I've put about 200-300 hours on the set since I purchased it, some of which were the screen wipe and the Disney WOW pixel flipper, and I'm not sure I can tell much difference in the IR from when it was first identified.
B T C is offline  
post #12423 of 12424 Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,948
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
IR is the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on a floor model 65" ZT60. I looked at one over the weekend that was pretty clean from an IR perspective, but it would be nice to think, or know, that it will eventually go away. I have a 55" VT60 that I bought with approximately 1000 hours on it. It has some very slight IR in the bottom right corner where static station logos are generally located. Generally speaking, it's not noticeable, but it's there and under certain conditions is noticeable. I've put about 200-300 hours on the set since I purchased it, some of which were the screen wipe and the Disney WOW pixel flipper, and I'm not sure I can tell much difference in the IR from when it was first identified.
Well, if you do buy it, I wish you the sincerest best of luck. But please don't: I still think that buying a floor model ZT is beyond risky. An IR sensitive plasma model with the same loop pounding away on it all day? Sometimes these things aren't even shut off at night.

WARNING: You have now entered a no @#$%tard zone. Please gather your anti-vaccine propaganda nonsense and slowly back out the way you came in.
tgm1024 is offline  
post #12424 of 12424 Old Yesterday, 05:14 PM
Senior Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman66 View Post
Re: Mounting
The mounting place that sticks on the wall is attached to a stud on one side only. On the other side, the installer (of a previous TV set) used drywall anchors. I am not happy with this.
I am thinking of reinforcing the mount setup by bolting (lag bolts) two 4X4 over the drywall (running between two vertical studs behind the drywall) to which I could attach the mounting plate. It will also give me the depth necessary as the TV is quite big and is interfering with the drywall pit above the fireplace.

My questions are:
How do I fasten the 4X4 to the studs behind the drywall above the fireplace properly?
How many lag bolts to use? etc. I am looking for a simple design spec. It is crucial that it is done right as the TV is almost 100lbs and a failure could be catastrophic


thanks.
Not sure how you'll do it, but I wouldn't hang a TV that heavy without two studs holding the TV. You may need to remove the drywall and beef up the structural support in the wall. If the mounting plate is only big enough to cover one stud, consider using 3/4 plywood (furniture grade) over an area that overlaps two studs. Attach the plywood to the studs then the mounting plate to the plywood. The weight will be carried by both studs via that method. The plywood will likely be hidden behind the TV. Plus, paint the plywood to match the wall. That's the method I've used on 4 plasma since the mounting plate never lines up to where I want to install the TV. You can test whether it will hold by hanging your weight from the plate before attaching the TV. Never had one move. Three of my TVs easily weigh over 100 lbs. Even more when you consider the mount.

Last edited by eaayoung; Today at 05:04 PM.
eaayoung is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off