post #12661 of 12664 Old 08-25-2014, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
Does anybody know why D-nice settings for Day and Night have motion smoother set to off? Just curious why he set them to off and other calibration settings set them to weak
I would imagine that, like pretty much any calibrator or videophile, D-Nice is of the belief that the "cleaner" the signal the better, so video processing should be kept to a minimum. Or maybe in A/B testing he just wasn't able to see a benefit. That's my guess anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
I talked to several major Panasonic dealers here in Toronto and they claim that there is lots of ZT60 panels still available here in Canada, one being a prominent boutique dealer by Bay and Bloor. They claim that Panasonic Canada received a lot of supply and stated to search the internet for the proof. How truthful this is, I don't know, but I have seen prices for online purchase of the ZT60 65 inch for 3-4 grand. However, I also know of some delears will not budge below 4 grand and others nothing below 4.5 grand.
Which may be why they still have panels available in Canada.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12662 of 12664 Old 08-25-2014, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Does anybody know why D-nice settings for Day and Night have motion smoother set to off? Just curious why he set them to off and other calibration settings set them to weak
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
I would imagine that, like pretty much any calibrator or videophile, D-Nice is of the belief that the "cleaner" the signal the better, so video processing should be kept to a minimum. Or maybe in A/B testing he just wasn't able to see a benefit. That's my guess anyway.

Which may be why they still have panels available in Canada.
Makes one wonder what the moving resolution is for the VT/ZT60 with motion smoother off......full 1200 lines? Im assuming so since D-nice had motion smoother off?
post #12663 of 12664 Old 08-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Well today was the day I got our TC-P65ZT60 calibrated. I had the pleasure of Chad B's company. He arrived promptly at the scheduled appt. time where we then discussed viewing habits. After setting up the equipment he spent the next 4.5 hours fine tuning the day, night, and 3D picture modes. During this time Chad was both professional and personable answering all the questions I had .

The pre measurements were all off and all the post are now closer to where they should be. With the RGB almost flat and DE Avg. under 1. When finished it was time to try out the settings, Chad showed some content and I also checked out the settings with content we watch. The day mode with the extra brightness looks like it will help our daytime viewing as the house has many windows. I darkened the room to check out night which is the main viewing for BD movies. The detail and coloring was a lot better then before and I'm looking forward to the latest releases. The 3D mode is a little brighter, as with the depth and color while looking through the glasses more pronounced.

All in all I'm very happy with the way the ZT is now calibrated. I could go on and on but we have a movie to watch. My Thanks go out to Chad again for a job well done and answering questions I'm sure he's answered many time's before.
How many hours did you have? What was the max brightness Chad got out of your set? Curious to know!
post #12664 of 12664 Old 08-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
How many hours did you have? What was the max brightness Chad got out of your set? Curious to know!
Just checked my hours and I have 3519. The ISF day mode is at 52 and looks so much better then THX Bright Room. The THX setting on my set had the skin tones greenish with red splotches.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page