post #12751 of 12757 Old Today, 03:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
I didn't become crazed ....... I just moved the Kuro to the bedroom and bought a ZT for the home theater
Was talking about the chatter at the beginning of the thread from Kuro owners - they had the best for years - ZT came out and was better - didn't make the KURO "less great" just the ZT a little better - OLED is the future for now & as someone said - would much rather have a OLED then some edge-lit LED.

For the foreseeable future my ZT will be my HDTV of choice!

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12752 of 12757 Old Today, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Was talking about the chatter at the beginning of the thread from Kuro owners - they had the best for years - ZT came out and was better - didn't make the KURO "less great" just the ZT a little better - OLED is the future for now & as someone said - would much rather have a OLED then some edge-lit LED.

Oh I totally agree and got where you were coming from Bob..... I was just making a joke and being silly. Hopefully my ZT will be my HDTV of choice for the foreseeable future as well (and the bedroom is pretty sporty with a Kuro too )
post #12753 of 12757 Old Today, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Oh I totally agree and got where you were coming from Bob..... I was just making a joke and being silly. Hopefully my ZT will be my HDTV of choice for the foreseeable future as well (and the bedroom is pretty sporty with a Kuro too )
Jealous!! - I have a 32" (2005) Toshiba 720P LCD in the bedroom - maybe some day!!!
antennahead likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #12754 of 12757 Old Today, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:

These TV's are in a league of their own and even owning the worst of the best is still better them most. Even with OLED, these plasma's will hold their own. While maybe less performing then an OLED they will still always be considered great.

Having something better then them come out will not take away the greatness they posses. I will say probably one the most exciting things about OLED for many folks moving the black levels aside is being able to purchase a TV larger then 65 inches that can also be considered reference quality.

One thing I am curious about is if more manufacturers start to get into the OLED business will the lower tier models still be top performers? Can you make an OLED model with crappy blacks? What will separate a $1000 OLED TV with a $5000 OLED TV?
post #12755 of 12757 Old Today, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 54
And..., the best TV isn't curved. Curve doesn't work as well as flat unless only one person is watching the TV.
post #12756 of 12757 Old Today, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Come-on - there is always is something nice about owning the best -

True, I have enjoyed that.

And while I'm excited about OLED finally in the marketplace, they have some issues to be worked out. I wouldn't do a straight 1 for 1 trade, my ZT60 for what is available now. I'ld want flat, better uniformity, and less screen door effect. And 5 more inches.

When the 65" 4k version is out in a few months I might start getting OLED envy.
eaayoung likes this.

Panasonic TC-P60ZT60 plasma panel
Sony BDP-S5100 Blu-ray player
Samsung SMT-H3272 DVR
Yamaha RX-V650 AVR
XBOX 360
URC MX-780 remote control
post #12757 of 12757 Old Today, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
LOL All this talk about having to move our beloved Kuros to the bedroom!

Who would of thought that would have ever happened 5 years ago and even now.

Times are changing. Luvin my 65 inch ZT in the main theater and enjoying my Kuro in the bedroom.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread