post #12811 of 12817 Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald View Post
Calibration will give you more lots more detail, not just accurate colours.
Perhaps, perhaps not. Maybe I'd be better off with Darbee Vision too, but no thanks, like I said I'm happy with what I got.

Picture-wise, anyway.

Last edited by fmalczewski; 09-25-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12812 of 12817 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been searching the site for info on ARC and Viera Link.

I love this TV and had my ARC set up perfectly, then lightning struck, took out my HDMI system (TV, Pioneer VX-1021 receiver, Tivo premier).

Just got the HDMI fixed on the Panny, bought a new yamaha receiver (Pioneer cost more to fix than to replace- last product I'll buy from them).

Went through set up, get ARC working, switched my receiver to the AV4 input, all good. Hook up my Samsung BD, ARC no longer working. When I go to the Viera Link App it returns "feature not available".

I dig in and find the BD has HDMI control turned on, which is useless , so I turn it off. I then go through set up again, try unplugging the HDMI cables, etc, still can't get the Viera Link App. Only thing I haven't tried is completely powering down (unplugging) and starting over.

Any ideas? I'd run a optical line but it's in the wall and don't feel like messing with it!

-cip
post #12813 of 12817 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIP54 View Post
I've been searching the site for info on ARC and Viera Link.

I love this TV and had my ARC set up perfectly, then lightning struck, took out my HDMI system (TV, Pioneer VX-1021 receiver, Tivo premier).

Just got the HDMI fixed on the Panny, bought a new yamaha receiver (Pioneer cost more to fix than to replace- last product I'll buy from them).

Went through set up, get ARC working, switched my receiver to the AV4 input, all good. Hook up my Samsung BD, ARC no longer working. When I go to the Viera Link App it returns "feature not available".

I dig in and find the BD has HDMI control turned on, which is useless , so I turn it off. I then go through set up again, try unplugging the HDMI cables, etc, still can't get the Viera Link App. Only thing I haven't tried is completely powering down (unplugging) and starting over.

Any ideas? I'd run a optical line but it's in the wall and don't feel like messing with it!
HDMI 2 is the ARC capable input - have been watch MLB App on ZT with sound going to Onkyo receiver (from HDMI 2) with no problem. Are you using HDMI 2 on the ZT? See attached link.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/594...page=51#manual

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000

Last edited by bob brennan; Yesterday at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added link
post #12814 of 12817 Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Never could get ARC to work twice in a row with my Denon. Apparent handshake issues or need to power on devices in a certain order. I eventually just gave up.
chunon likes this.

Last edited by repete66211; Yesterday at 03:36 PM.
post #12815 of 12817 Old Today, 06:38 AM

All connections are correct. I've been through all of the obvious stuff - note it worked and then it stopped, didn't change inputs.

Just upgraded to a Yamaha Aventage receiver - same problem. All components were unplugged from power as I made the swap, still get the "feature not available".

I discovered that while Yamaha claims to upconvert from component input to HDMI output it only works for 480i signals. Why would someone use component for 480i? Seems like a worthless feature to me.

Looks like I'll be snaking component cables and optical digital through the wall...so much for HDMI one wire concept!

-Cip

-cip
post #12816 of 12817 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIP54 View Post
All connections are correct. I've been through all of the obvious stuff - note it worked and then it stopped, didn't change inputs.

Just upgraded to a Yamaha Aventage receiver - same problem. All components were unplugged from power as I made the swap, still get the "feature not available".

I discovered that while Yamaha claims to upconvert from component input to HDMI output it only works for 480i signals. Why would someone use component for 480i? Seems like a worthless feature to me.

Looks like I'll be snaking component cables and optical digital through the wall...so much for HDMI one wire concept!

-Cip
You need to turn on HDMI CEC and have a bi directional HDMI(no chiped cables) Hi Speed cable for ARC to work.
post #12817 of 12817 Old Today, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
You need to turn on HDMI CEC and have a bi directional HDMI(no chiped cables) Hi Speed cable for ARC to work.
Viera Link (CEC for Panny) is turned on as is "HDMI Control" on Yamaha. Doesn't seem to matter if the automatic power on/off is enabled or not.

I just purchased new high speed HDMI cable in case mine is somehow damaged.

-cip
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread