Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 434 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12991 of 13010 Old 10-25-2014, 08:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Cool Warranty question for ZT60

I am awaiting delivery of my ZT60, I bought this as an open box. It has everything, original box, both remotes, 3d glasses, black book, manual, tv stand.

MY questions are:

1. Do I get 1 year Panasonic Manufacturers Warranty?

2. If I want to buy an additional extended warranty from Square Trade, can I do this?

3. Has anyone ever have to deal with Square Trade? How was your experience?

Thanks
Technikos is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12992 of 13010 Old 10-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
xvfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post
Add my ZT60 to the list of Destiny casualties.

Destiny's asinine HUD design and lack of any HUD customization options are inexcusable for a such high profile and expensive game from a veteran developer like Bungie!

I encourage everyone who experience image retention/burn in from Destiny HUD on their plasma TVs post in the feedback thread at Bungie.net.

We need to put pressure on Bungie and Activision to fix this!
I could practically predict some of the responses.

A real shake head moment in despair.



DarkFire Rogue Oct 22 at 9:00:51 BST PM Permalink
Why not get an LCD or other type of display? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm really just wondering. That's what I'm using on all of my devices, and it works just fine for me.

jdb828 Oct 12 at 11:01:34 BST AM Permalink
I think ya need to upgrade to some modern tech maybe an led or lcd

jdb828 Oct 12 at 11:00:59 BST AM Permalink
They still make plasma tvs lol

Namaru Sep 25 at 08:41:35 BST AM Permalink
Why are you trying to game on a plasma tv in the first place? It's 2014.

Last edited by xvfx; 10-25-2014 at 09:05 PM.
xvfx is offline  
post #12993 of 13010 Old 10-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Quill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf View Post
Agreed, the ZT's have all been sold. But. What's the betting that in 2/3 years time, some "BNIB" examples turn up on e bay for $10,000 ? Someone, somewhere will have some stashed. If OLED gets canned like Plasma did, they could have made a wise investment........
$3500 CAD for a new 60" ZT from here:

http://www.londondrugs.com/Panasonic...ions-plasmatvs
Quill is offline  
post #12994 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 04:55 AM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
TC-P60ZT60 vs PN64F8500

Knowing what you know today, would you buy a NIB Panasonic with a couple months left on warranty from an individual for ~$3000 or a NIB Samsung with full warranty from an authorized dealer for ~2000?
cvman is offline  
post #12995 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Member
 
cvman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technikos View Post
I am awaiting delivery of my ZT60, I bought this as an open box. It has everything, original box, both remotes, 3d glasses, black book, manual, tv stand.

MY questions are:

1. Do I get 1 year Panasonic Manufacturers Warranty?

2. If I want to buy an additional extended warranty from Square Trade, can I do this?

3. Has anyone ever have to deal with Square Trade? How was your experience?

Thanks
1. Should get a full one year warranty if from authorized dealer
2. You can buy extended warranty though Website ~$259 for 3 years, but need to do within 30 days of purchase.
3. Never used, so no insight
cvman is offline  
post #12996 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 08:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I prefer to have the ZT60. I was posed with the same dilemma on a NIB 65"ZT60, the problem was it was purchased in June of 2013, well past the manufacturers warranty. I called SquareTrade to see if I could add a warranty and they said they could not. They do have an exclusive partnership with Panasonic that you can add the warranty I believe within 12 months of purchase. So you may want to call Square Trade to verify. I believe it is 10 or 12 months within purchase. When you call there if the rep says "no, you cannot add a warranty" ask them about the exclusive partnership with Panasonic on adding an extended warranty.
Technikos is offline  
post #12997 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technikos View Post
I prefer to have the ZT60. I was posed with the same dilemma on a NIB 65"ZT60, the problem was it was purchased in June of 2013, well past the manufacturers warranty. I called SquareTrade to see if I could add a warranty and they said they could not. They do have an exclusive partnership with Panasonic that you can add the warranty I believe within 12 months of purchase. So you may want to call Square Trade to verify. I believe it is 10 or 12 months within purchase. When you call there if the rep says "no, you cannot add a warranty" ask them about the exclusive partnership with Panasonic on adding an extended warranty.
It's 10 months and if you register your ZT with Panasonic you can do it directly from the Panasonic website

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is online now  
post #12998 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 1
How do you know which stores are authorized dealers?
Technikos is offline  
post #12999 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
I will do a little bit more of a write up later this weekend, but wanted to share that I finally had my ZT60 Professionally calibrated the other day and all I can say is Wow!! This went from being an already excellent display to truly superb. I've always had my sets calibrated so it was just a matter of time, I just didn't expect to be wowed this much! If anyone is one the fence about calibration, jump on over because the ZT truly deserves to be seen at it's best!

I had Doug Weil over last week to calibrate my 60ZT60 and very pleased with the aftermath. I've worked with Doug in the past and he always does a great job and very thorough with his work. Coming from my Krp 500m and 101fd which were both calibrated, I have always been very impressed with the ZT but still gave a nod to my kuros for the awesome natural image they produced. After watching my calibrated ZT now for a few days I can say with confidence that this is the best display I've had the pleasure of owning. The image is just as natural as my kuros and the flesh tones now are simply brilliant! Whites are whiter and the black level seems a tad bit better than I remember. There is more of a pop to the image now,colors are breathtakingly good and everything just looks right. When I say right I mean the way I expect with a properly calibrated display. If someone were to tell me this is the last display I could own and it would never get better than this, I would be perfectly fine with that. That's not to say I wouldn't love to get my hands on a 65 inch Oled some day, but just saying this tv is so good that I really don't have a desire to or hunger for something better in the near future.

Doug did a Pro day and Pro night mode and they both look fantastic! I can't stress enough that if you have the opportunity to get your ZT calibrated take the leap and get it done. It takes what is already an amazing set and turns it into a true reference display. I now see what all the reviewers have been raving about post calibration. Thanks to Doug for a job well done. If you live in an area where Doug operates i would definitely recommend his services.
I added my mini review to original post.
Sonyboy is offline  
post #13000 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
 
SwiftSweeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
You'll have to wait and see if it goes away over time....just keep doing a screen wipe after gaming sessions



Kuro got IR from Destiny? I guess any Plasma would IR from this game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense Field View Post
Ok...I've logged HOURS AND HOURS on Destiny on my ZT and for the first time I've noticed the bottom left of the screen pretty much having a lasting outline of the gun area of the HUD. Burn-in!

Soooo...after 8 years of having plasmas...this is my first issue with burn in...so I ran screen wipe for about 5 hours and it didn't help. I also ran the break in slides for about 10 hours and that didn't help either.

Am I stuck with this for life? Is there a cure? I don't care if it's long term as long as it's not permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogg93 View Post
Just keep running the screen wipe and watch content. It will eventually go away. Even my kuro got ir from this game :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
I could practically predict some of the responses.

A real shake head moment in despair.



DarkFire Rogue Oct 22 at 9:00:51 BST PM Permalink
Why not get an LCD or other type of display? I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm really just wondering. That's what I'm using on all of my devices, and it works just fine for me.

jdb828 Oct 12 at 11:01:34 BST AM Permalink
I think ya need to upgrade to some modern tech maybe an led or lcd

jdb828 Oct 12 at 11:00:59 BST AM Permalink
They still make plasma tvs lol

Namaru Sep 25 at 08:41:35 BST AM Permalink
Why are you trying to game on a plasma tv in the first place? It's 2014.
Yeah, there is a lot of ignorance from a general consumer when it comes to plasma tvs. Granted, some of these posters are surely trolling. At least, these guys keep bumping up the thread, so I am not too upset with them

I am extremely frustrated with how Bungie is handling this issue. There is no acknowledgment of the issue or indication that the fix is coming from Bungie. As someone who bought all Bungie games since original Halo, spent $90 on Destiny Limited Edition, and played both Destiny's Alpha and Beta, this is beyond frustrating!

I even thought about making a separate thread about this issue on this sub-forum. Surely, there are plasma owners at AVS who are as frustrated as me with Bungie's handling of this issue. It would be great if more plasma owners chime in on the issue at Bungie.net. Here is a link to the thread again.
SwiftSweeper is offline  
post #13001 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 03:43 PM
Member
 
B T C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, MI via Kentucky, Georgia & Tennessee
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Anyone know if the Square Trade warranty covers burn in?
B T C is online now  
post #13002 of 13010 Old 10-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
Anyone know if the Square Trade warranty covers burn in?
No, it doesn't
Sonyboy is offline  
post #13003 of 13010 Old 10-27-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technikos View Post
I am awaiting delivery of my ZT60, I bought this as an open box. It has everything, original box, both remotes, 3d glasses, black book, manual, tv stand.

MY questions are:

1. Do I get 1 year Panasonic Manufacturers Warranty?

2. If I want to buy an additional extended warranty from Square Trade, can I do this?

3. Has anyone ever have to deal with Square Trade? How was your experience?

Thanks
1.) Shouldn't be an issue.
2.) Yes. SquareTrade issues warranties based on your receipt. They have no way of knowing it's an open box unit unless the receipt says so.
3.) I've used them with my iPhones and PS3s. The price is fair and setup is easy. I filed a claim on on my PS3s and it went more smoothly than I was anticipating. I highly recommend.

repete66211 is offline  
post #13004 of 13010 Old 10-27-2014, 01:59 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,827
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technikos
I am awaiting delivery of my ZT60, I bought this as an open box. It has everything, original box, both remotes, 3d glasses, black book, manual, tv stand.

MY questions are:

1. Do I get 1 year Panasonic Manufacturers Warranty?
If you have a receipt from a dealer you should be covered. Did you ask the dealer?
htwaits is offline  
post #13005 of 13010 Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
music_to_my_ear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
I will do a little bit more of a write up later this weekend, but wanted to share that I finally had my ZT60 Professionally calibrated the other day and all I can say is Wow!! This went from being an already excellent display to truly superb. I've always had my sets calibrated so it was just a matter of time, I just didn't expect to be wowed this much! If anyone is one the fence about calibration, jump on over because the ZT truly deserves to be seen at it's best!

I had Doug Weil over last week to calibrate my 60ZT60 and very pleased with the aftermath. I've worked with Doug in the past and he always does a great job and very thorough with his work. Coming from my Krp 500m and 101fd which were both calibrated, I have always been very impressed with the ZT but still gave a nod to my kuros for the awesome natural image they produced. After watching my calibrated ZT now for a few days I can say with confidence that this is the best display I've had the pleasure of owning. The image is just as natural as my kuros and the flesh tones now are simply brilliant! Whites are whiter and the black level seems a tad bit better than I remember. There is more of a pop to the image now,colors are breathtakingly good and everything just looks right. When I say right I mean the way I expect with a properly calibrated display. If someone were to tell me this is the last display I could own and it would never get better than this, I would be perfectly fine with that. That's not to say I wouldn't love to get my hands on a 65 inch Oled some day, but just saying this tv is so good that I really don't have a desire to or hunger for something better in the near future.

Doug did a Pro day and Pro night mode and they both look fantastic! I can't stress enough that if you have the opportunity to get your ZT calibrated take the leap and get it done. It takes what is already an amazing set and turns it into a true reference display. I now see what all the reviewers have been raving about post calibration. Thanks to Doug for a job well done. If you live in an area where Doug operates i would definitely recommend his services.
What was your max fL measurement for Day Mode?
music_to_my_ear is offline  
post #13006 of 13010 Old 10-28-2014, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
music_to_my_ear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 624
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post
Add my ZT60 to the list of Destiny casualties.

I had to completely stop playing Destiny 3 weeks ago because Destiny HUD was causing serious image retention on my ZT. Thankfully, I was able to remove majority of the image retention with ZT's Screen Wipe and Disney WOW's Pixel Flipper tools, but 3 weeks later, I still can see very faint image retention from Destiny's super meter and primary weapon HUD elements when the tv displays solid white or very light colors. The Screen Wipe and Pixel Flipper tools do not appear to help anymore. At this point, I hope that this is not burn in, and it will go away eventually with normal use.

I played Destiny for a couple hours per day for about a month, and I generally watched plenty of other content between the gaming sessions. I have been gaming on my ZT for a year. Vast majority of games do not cause serious image retention issues for me. My ZT just passed 4,000 hours of use, and I have Pixel Orbiter set to On when I game.

Destiny's asinine HUD design and lack of any HUD customization options are inexcusable for a such high profile and expensive game from a veteran developer like Bungie!

I encourage everyone who experience image retention/burn in from Destiny HUD on their plasma TVs post in the feedback thread at Bungie.net.

We need to put pressure on Bungie and Activision to fix this!
Wow that is some thread. Lots of VT60 owners with IR still lingering in the bottom of the screen. Even some other plasma owners have issues...

Destiny is killing the PDP
music_to_my_ear is offline  
post #13007 of 13010 Old 10-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 581
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
What was your max fL measurement for Day Mode?
35 for day and 26 or 27 for night.
Sonyboy is offline  
post #13008 of 13010 Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Member
 
mskirsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Advice needed

i have the ability to purchase a NIB P65ZT60 from a local authorized dealer at list price(no crazy markup). My question is this, compared to the 64F8500 is it really worth the extra cash($1400)?

The TV will be in the living room with a wall of windows a few feet to the right of the screen at 45 degree(no direct sun). We sit 14" feet away....not sure if any of this helps but....main viewing will be broadcast tv and Netflix along with HTPC but no gaming. Either TV will replace a Samsung 55ES800 which is outstanding for its age imho.

Does anyone have experience with up converting on either TV?
mskirsh is offline  
post #13009 of 13010 Old Yesterday, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,583
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 217
I'd opt for the ZT over the F8500 if they're the same price because the ZT is, on the whole, a better TV. However, for my use and in my opinion, it's not $1,400 better. I'd get the Samsung. See if you can test them both with the same material and with similar settings.

repete66211 is offline  
post #13010 of 13010 Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Senior Member
 
SwiftSweeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_to_my_ear View Post
Wow that is some thread. Lots of VT60 owners with IR still lingering in the bottom of the screen. Even some other plasma owners have issues...

Destiny is killing the PDP
Well, I stopped it from killing my ZT by not playing it for last 4 weeks. On the bright side, my productivity has skyrocketed since then
SwiftSweeper is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off