Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 439 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #13141 of 13144 Old 12-13-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 112
^^^Glad you were able to get rid of it. For some reason the ZTs are more susceptible to IR compared to the VTs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13142 of 13144 Old 12-13-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 225
The VT & ZT are the same panel, so any perceived & reported difference in IR is purely anecdotal.
Edllguy and chunon like this.
post #13143 of 13144 Old 12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 66
After watching a lot of football this weekend, my IR is almost gone. I ran the screen swipe for serveral hours on Saturday which made a big difference.
post #13144 of 13144 Old Today, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Glad to see everyone is happy with their sets even with the annoying IR, which mine goes away rather quickly and I do not usually just stick to one channel anyway. But if the set is defective I will do my best to get my refund or try to sell (sell only if worst comes to worst) and try to see if any 8500s will still be around. I am still waiting on the repair company because they were suppose to come yesterday but never did because no one told me they were waiting for the parts to come in. So i took a day off because I was told they were servicing it Dec.17th and I call them and Im not even on the record. So now im playing the waiting game. We will see what happens. At this point if there are no 8500 left if my situation does come to refund and finding a new set I have no idea where I would even start.

My final question is that the VT is about 5 lamberts brighter than the ZT, does this equate to being "much brighter" in real world content? I had a VT for a short period and if i remember it did seem brighter (not by much) so I didnt know how much 5 lamberts would actaully affect the brightness factor of the ZT compared to the VT?

thanks again
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread