Forum Jump: 

post #13171 of 13177 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by alettiere View Post
Jeez. Is this retailer sitting on a stock of ZTs or something?

IR on these sets can be stubborn. Do you have break-in slides saved to a USB thumb drive or SD card? If so, run those on a continuous loop for a few hours (in VIVID mode). That should take care of it.
Would running screen swipe be a better replacement for the break-in slides? I mean, the white swipe should be exercising all pixels equally and there is even movement. Why don't people use screen swipe as a break in tool?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13172 of 13177 Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Any 16:9 will work when it comes to getting rid of IR. Just watch some full screen content for a while & enjoy your tv.
post #13173 of 13177 Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso_Corsa View Post
I just checked. I have 15 hours on there. I estimate about 12-13 hours of those are mine. So perhaps someone tested it for 2 hours on this XETV HD channel. I've been using it in full screen all afternoon, but there is still a faint imprint of the retention on there. It's being much more stubborn than I would expect from just 2 hours of use.

The retailer has already scheduled a replacement for me for tomorrow. However... I risk getting a panel which is buzzier or with dead pixels.
That's good news since 15 hours of anything will not leave burn in. I would be keep it.

But keep in mind ir on zt/vt/st60's is problematic. I didn't notice ir on my vt at all until almost 400 hours then it seemed to stick more. Last baseball season was the worst that fox sports net logos. It took about 2 months to fully get rid of it.
post #13174 of 13177 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
I just checked. I have 15 hours on there. I estimate about 12-13 hours of those are mine. So perhaps someone tested it for 2 hours on this XETV HD channel. I've been using it in full screen all afternoon, but there is still a faint imprint of the retention on there. It's being much more stubborn than I would expect from just 2 hours of use.

The retailer has already scheduled a replacement for me for tomorrow. However... I risk getting a panel which is buzzier or with dead pixels.

Interesting.

XETV is a channel from Tijuana, Mexico. It is part of the San Diego media and it broadcasts in English. It was part of the Fox network when I was in that area. In San Diego, it is known as San Diego 6.

Tijuana is not that close to Canada though.

Larry
post #13175 of 13177 Old Today, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post
Interesting.

XETV is a channel from Tijuana, Mexico. It is part of the San Diego media and it broadcasts in English. It was part of the Fox network when I was in that area. In San Diego, it is known as San Diego 6.

Tijuana is not that close to Canada though.

Larry
Since this set is assembled in Mexico, then it could be factory workers using an assembly line TV to watch the game on their break or something. It adds up.
post #13176 of 13177 Old Today, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 225
All North American ZTs were assembled in Tijuana. Interesting set of circumstances you have there. What's your build number?
post #13177 of 13177 Old Today, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
1.) Is image rentention really as bad as everyone says? I do play games occasionally and I don't want to have to worry about channel logos all the time. I just want to use the damn TV. However, permanent or semi-permanent IR is not acceptable. Having to worry about it all the time will suck the joy out of owning this set. I'm going to experiment and see what I retain. I find it odd that someone in this thread said it varied from sample to sample. I know from experience that buzz varied from sample to sample but never heard that IR would be too.

Opinions?
It's been suggested that slight difference in voltage is what causes some sets to have more IR. I've started to notice IR in my set when I hit 2500 hours. The IR on my ZT is not a deal breaker. Wouldn't trade my ZT for anything on the market currently. Still have some IR at the lower right corner due to logos. Rarely see it nor worried about it. Nature of the beast it seems.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page