Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 451 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
Thread Tools
post #13501 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 03:14 AM
Member
 
X-RaVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
Ugh! Good luck. See if the store has any 900U units in stock. Depending on what they pay for the unit, they may be willing to exchange for that unit instead of issuing a refund. It's worth a shot.
Yes, in fact they DO have units available in stock. I'll ask them if they want to replace the product instead of processing the refund.
Thanks
X-RaVer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13502 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 05:31 AM
Member
 
X-RaVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Update: some news...
Despite already having their decision of refunding, they will let the process complete 30 days so that i can complaint about it to the repair center, and only then will they process a document that has to be sent to the store where i bought my set so they can then solve the problem by exchanging the the Tv or refund me.
Panasonic really is ... a S$%) brand! This kind of situation never happened with me before with many other brands. Samsung for instance is miles ahead in RMA situations!
No Panasonic TV again for me, even if they got the best set in the world!
X-RaVer is offline  
post #13503 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I'm sorry to hear that. You should probably change your avatar. Good luck!
X-RaVer likes this.

repete66211 is offline  
post #13504 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Member
 
X-RaVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. You should probably change your avatar. Good luck!
Thanks Repete!
X-RaVer is offline  
post #13505 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 02:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
xvfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 913
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-RaVer View Post
Update: some news...
Despite already having their decision of refunding, they will let the process complete 30 days so that i can complaint about it to the repair center, and only then will they process a document that has to be sent to the store where i bought my set so they can then solve the problem by exchanging the the Tv or refund me.
Panasonic really is ... a S$%) brand! This kind of situation never happened with me before with many other brands. Samsung for instance is miles ahead in RMA situations!
No Panasonic TV again for me, even if they got the best set in the world!
I'm not making excuses for that but I've come to the conclusion every company is much of a muchness now. It's never about customer service anymore, service, loyalty. It's all about profit and the end sale. After that, they have not a care in the word except shareholders.

Look how every company most people has to deal with for warranties, returns and repairs. You have to chase and chase them to get some form of an unsatisfactory end result.

Also, what good is a 5 year warranty if they can't honour it?
X-RaVer likes this.
xvfx is offline  
post #13506 of 13521 Old 03-17-2015, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 266
To their credit a lot of companies and their products have been commoditized. Thanks to a very competitive atmosphere, created in large part by online shopping, there isn't much customer loyalty either. Most people Google prices and go with the lowest, creating a market in which price is paramount and things like service are secondary.
stabwag likes this.


Last edited by repete66211; 03-18-2015 at 06:34 AM.
repete66211 is offline  
post #13507 of 13521 Old 03-18-2015, 03:02 AM
Member
 
X-RaVer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
I'm not making excuses for that but I've come to the conclusion every company is much of a muchness now. It's never about customer service anymore, service, loyalty. It's all about profit and the end sale. After that, they have not a care in the word except shareholders.

Look how every company most people has to deal with for warranties, returns and repairs. You have to chase and chase them to get some form of an unsatisfactory end result.

Also, what good is a 5 year warranty if they can't honour it?
I can't complaint about Samsung, they have always solved the issues with my sets and never made me wait 30 days so i could fulfill a formal complaint according to the law in my country...
But i do agree, most of the companies just care about sales and money ... nothing else matters.
X-RaVer is offline  
post #13508 of 13521 Old 03-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
myared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fete26 View Post
Getting ready to move and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on keeping the ZT secure and safe. I'm kinda nervous about moving it.
I moved from Little Rock to Houston (about 438 miles) back in July using one of the big moving companies. Fortunately I had kept the boxes of my 65ZT60 and 65VT30. Both TVs did fine.
myared is offline  
post #13509 of 13521 Old 03-18-2015, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fete26 View Post
Getting ready to move and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on keeping the ZT secure and safe. I'm kinda nervous about moving it.
I've moved 4 times due to corporate relo and never had a problem with my plasma TVs. If you move it yourself, keep the TV upright and watch the bumps. If your being moved, movers will usually crate the tv or use what's referred to as an armor pack. I prefer the later but work well.

Myared: heard that high temp/high humidity is pretty bad in Houston. After living in Fla for so many years, really liking the dry heat in Dallas.
eaayoung is online now  
post #13510 of 13521 Old 03-19-2015, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
myared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
I've moved 4 times due to corporate relo and never had a problem with my plasma TVs. If you move it yourself, keep the TV upright and watch the bumps. If your being moved, movers will usually crate the tv or use what's referred to as an armor pack. I prefer the later but work well.

Myared: heard that high temp/high humidity is pretty bad in Houston. After living in Fla for so many years, really liking the dry heat in Dallas.
Yeah, it's going to be brutal in summer. But we had a really nice winter (many days with California-like weather!).
myared is offline  
post #13511 of 13521 Old 03-24-2015, 07:03 AM
Member
 
Metlore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Earlier in my ZT's life, I had some bad IR from the Food Network logo. It had faded a lot and was only barely visible on a grey screen and only because I knew where to look. The TV is now at 3800 hours so I decided to check last night and see if it was completely gone. I noticed that the Food Network IR is back to an easily visible state like when it first occurred. I have not watched that channel since I first noticed the issue and I live alone so I can't blame it on a wife. I also now have IR from the Science channel as well. It has to be something with how the TV ages. I think I am just going to have to live with it.
Metlore is offline  
post #13512 of 13521 Old 03-24-2015, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
eaayoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlore View Post
Earlier in my ZT's life, I had some bad IR from the Food Network logo. It had faded a lot and was only barely visible on a grey screen and only because I knew where to look. The TV is now at 3800 hours so I decided to check last night and see if it was completely gone. I noticed that the Food Network IR is back to an easily visible state like when it first occurred. I have not watched that channel since I first noticed the issue and I live alone so I can't blame it on a wife. I also now have IR from the Science channel as well. It has to be something with how the TV ages. I think I am just going to have to live with it.
My experience with my ZT is similar to yours, except the logo on mine is from NBC's today show. Not bad enough to find another tv. But, of the 5 plasma TVs I've owned the ZT has more problems with IR. And no, I don't game on my ZT.

Last edited by eaayoung; 03-25-2015 at 06:38 PM.
eaayoung is online now  
post #13513 of 13521 Old 03-25-2015, 10:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Edllguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
^^^ Regarding logo IR, I love watching GMA good morning America every day, quickly learned to watch that show on my kuro and leave the ZT for other viewing. However, ABC World News, no problem on my ZT.
Edllguy is online now  
post #13514 of 13521 Old 03-25-2015, 08:38 PM
Member
 
stabwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So i've got an issue...I'm a newbie when it comes to known terms but I think I've got pixel noise that is causing a crappy picture. What sucks is I've always had it but and just didn't notice til now.

It pretty much looks like a bunch of pixels swimming around on lighter still colors like sky shots.

Is it fixable and if so where should I start
stabwag is online now  
post #13515 of 13521 Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM
Member
 
jliedeka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I would check the picture settings first. Turn off all the crap like noise reduction and motion smoothing.

Jim
jliedeka is offline  
post #13516 of 13521 Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabwag View Post
So i've got an issue...I'm a newbie when it comes to known terms but I think I've got pixel noise that is causing a crappy picture. What sucks is I've always had it but and just didn't notice til now.

It pretty much looks like a bunch of pixels swimming around on lighter still colors like sky shots.

Is it fixable and if so where should I start
Pixel noise is dependent on source material and TV picture settings. If you aren't adjusting the individual settings you can switch from the different pre-set modes (i.e. THX Cinema, THX Day).

repete66211 is offline  
post #13517 of 13521 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Member
 
stabwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Could my receiver be causing it? I run everything through a denon avr-x4000
stabwag is online now  
post #13518 of 13521 Old Today, 03:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
bob brennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 709
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabwag View Post
Could my receiver be causing it? I run everything through a denon avr-x4000
Is the pixelation occurring with BluRay or off the air sources - I have had some pixelation (rarely) when watching a cable program.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
bob brennan is offline  
post #13519 of 13521 Old Today, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
repete66211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kansas City area
Posts: 1,658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by stabwag View Post
Could my receiver be causing it? I run everything through a denon avr-x4000
It's possible, but only if the Denon is broken. One easy way to check is to find programming that shows the noise, then play it through the receiver & direct to the TV.

repete66211 is offline  
post #13520 of 13521 Old Today, 09:43 AM
Member
 
stabwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
Is the pixelation occurring with BluRay or off the air sources - I have had some pixelation (rarely) when watching a cable program.
I tend to notice it more when watching movies. Lately i've been more keen to it because the picture also seems to be just more blacker in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
It's possible, but only if the Denon is broken. One easy way to check is to find programming that shows the noise, then play it through the receiver & direct to the TV.
Yeah i'll try that this afternoon, i'll also try and shoot a video as well.
stabwag is online now  
post #13521 of 13521 Unread Today, 08:16 PM
Member
 
stabwag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is a pretty good video of what I'm talking about. I tried different hdmi cables, and going directly to tv instead of receiver and everything yielded the same results. Also I'm using a ps4 for playback. Trying to see about finding another player
stabwag is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off