Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 452 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #13531 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Separation: I dunno, I don't even look at the sides of my tv. Even if I had it I would never notice.

Buzz: If you're not plugged directly into the wall, try that instead. Try turning down the contrast and/or the brightness (and recalibrate to that if need be). Better yet, just crank up the volume! Hardly ever hear mine buzz, but even when I do, I pretty much could care less. Oh and if you're not using THX Cinema mode, give that a try too (just in case you're in using some other torch mode setting).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13532 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiveMeTheThrone View Post
Have a tech group coming out to check out the separation and buzzing of my ZT60 planel. PQ is tremendous especially with BD but the separation and buzz now that I know they are their are driving me bonkers. At least OLED is coming out (not to what we thought but at least its here with minor flaws and just needs a little ironing out) but the problem is 55" will be the only size I can afford unless the 65" OLEDs coming magically drop in price by next year to that of what the VT60 and ZT60 were going for when on sale.

Basically if the company has to take the TV and try to fix it (which cant happen due to it needing the bonding process) Im guessing a refund or some type of LED, barf, replacement will be offered. At that point it would be refund or keep the tv and try to get the buzzing under order. Its not horribly drastic but its getting annoying. Not sure what to do here. Would love an OLED but the flaws right now are a deal breaker especially motion and color. I probably wont buy anything until OLED gets better, so im stuck and would like some advice.

Would you trade your ZT for an OLED? Or take the refund and sit on it for a while>?

Thanks peeps
Dont go for a 55" whatever you do it will seem tiny in comparison. Trust me been there done that.
Edllguy likes this.
post #13533 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For 3K plus build quality would be a concern IMO since Im not rich and my pockets don't run deep but I like the best there is to offer. I have Dnice setting in for Pro 1 and 2. I have CNET settings in for Cinema. Never touch Vivid, standard, or any other mode etc. This is not my first round with plasmas, I have owned a KURO and these issues were no where close to what they are on this ZT60. I love the PQ, color, motion etc. Already had the fan noise serviced and its back again. Also IR is pretty bad on this, thought it would get better but it got worse. Constantly babying this thing. LED, FALD all out of the question. Plasma was really the last hope as far as best performance and of course blacks.

Its pretty disheartening to see the separation which at times seems to assist with the buzzing since I can place my hand where the separation is happening and it decreases the buzz noise, which I guess would be considered panel buzzing as well.

Between a rock and a hard place right now.
post #13534 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
EDIT: I have tried to move the TV around the room to see if acoustics was the issue and I have plugged in directly to the wall which made no difference at all plus increases my chances of a surge issue.
post #13535 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I left off my obligatory IR addendum that I had typed out, but I hear you on that one. I even gave it a proper name the other day: Purple Haze. My semi-constant companion, thankfully most content sends it off into hiding. Maybe I'll get a bug up my butt someday and see what the Geek Squad will do for me, but for now there's nothing I'd care to replace it with, so living with it for the time being.

Regarding surge issue, my UPS was happy to buzz along with the ZT's buzz, at least doubling it, so I just make sure to pull the plug when it gets electric outside, or whenever I leave the house when it's in the forecast. That and my subwoofer.

I've had a few other pricey TVs in the past, seems to be my lot to pick the ones that end up with issues. If you see me in the future in some other TV thread, you'll know which one I should have avoided next.
post #13536 of 13546 Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Have a tech group coming out to check out the separation and buzzing of my ZT60 planel. PQ is tremendous especially with BD but the separation and buzz now that I know they are their are driving me bonkers. At least OLED is coming out (not to what we thought but at least its here with minor flaws and just needs a little ironing out) but the problem is 55" will be the only size I can afford unless the 65" OLEDs coming magically drop in price by next year to that of what the VT60 and ZT60 were going for when on sale.

Basically if the company has to take the TV and try to fix it (which cant happen due to it needing the bonding process) Im guessing a refund or some type of LED, barf, replacement will be offered. At that point it would be refund or keep the tv and try to get the buzzing under order. Its not horribly drastic but its getting annoying. Not sure what to do here. Would love an OLED but the flaws right now are a deal breaker especially motion and color. I probably wont buy anything until OLED gets better, so im stuck and would like some advice.

Would you trade your ZT for an OLED? Or take the refund and sit on it for a while>?

Thanks peeps
I'll go out on a limb here and recommend not waiting around for anything. Do your best, and swap out the 2013 ZT for a 2015 65"er. The ZT was Panny's top-tier flagship TV for 2013, so ask for the swap to be Panny's 2015 flagship, which I believe is the TC-65AX800. The viewing angles may bug you some, but I'd bite the bullet and do the swap. It's still a fine TV, just not quite as good as the ZT plasma...which most people won't even notice. After 4-5 years go by and OLED has hopefully developed into what we all had visioned, move the 65AX into the bedroom and put your new OLED 85"er in your home theater.
post #13537 of 13546 Old Today, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I don't know what to do and I would love your advice.

I've found a ZT60 60" second hand offer online. The guy lived in France and now lives in Ireland and is proposing to have the payment and delivery managed via escrow.

The ZT60 is 1700 euros (1837 USD).

I would have five days to inspect the TV when it arrives before giving my OK to the escrow.

What do you think about this deal? Any pertinent questions I should ask him? Should I take it or wait and save up another 700 euros for an OLED 55EC930V?

Thanks a lot!
post #13538 of 13546 Old Today, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajieboy View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and recommend not waiting around for anything. Do your best, and swap out the 2013 ZT for a 2015 65"er. The ZT was Panny's top-tier flagship TV for 2013, so ask for the swap to be Panny's 2015 flagship, which I believe is the TC-65AX800. The viewing angles may bug you some, but I'd bite the bullet and do the swap. It's still a fine TV, just not quite as good as the ZT plasma...which most people won't even notice. After 4-5 years go by and OLED has hopefully developed into what we all had visioned, move the 65AX into the bedroom and put your new OLED 85"er in your home theater.
The ax800 is a very good daytime set but it struggles badly in a dark room, i had one for 3 weeks and sent it back due to the mediocre low apl performance.

As far as not noticing the difference the black levels are not even close
post #13539 of 13546 Old Today, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
The ax800 is a very good daytime set but it struggles badly in a dark room, i had one for 3 weeks and sent it back due to the mediocre low apl performance.

As far as not noticing the difference the black levels are not even close
I know Chunon, but you aren't "most people". Doesn't the guy have to get a Panasonic? If so, why not swap for their top tier TV even if it has black levels higher than the ZT?
post #13540 of 13546 Old Today, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I know Chunon, but you aren't "most people". Doesn't the guy have to get a Panasonic? If so, why not swap for their top tier TV even if it has black levels higher than the ZT?
A ZT owner wants the best. And btw the ax800 is not the flagship thats the ax900.

ax800 pros
color accuracy
motion
great bright room performance
great build quality and looks
no ir
power consumption

cons
terrible viewing angle
poor dark room performance
uniformity issues
dse
edge lit

Sorry i just thinks its bad advice having been there and done that.
post #13541 of 13546 Old Today, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Have a tech group coming out to check out the separation and buzzing of my ZT60 planel.
Post some pics of the separation of your panel. I'm not sure I would trade in my ZT unless the separation was affecting PQ. But buzzing is hard to ignore.
post #13542 of 13546 Old Today, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
A ZT owner wants the best. And btw the ax800 is not the flagship thats the ax900.

ax800 pros
color accuracy
motion
no ir
power consumption

cons
terrible viewing angle
uniformity issues
dse
edge lit

OK, then the ax900. You're missing my point entirely. Isn't the owner stuck between a rock and a hard place? Doesn't the owner have to get a Panasonic from Panasonic? What choice does he have other than swapping out for a new 2015 top tier Panny? My advice is a hard pill to swallow as I realize people that bought the ZT were wanting tthe best, but given the circumstances what other choice does the owner have now? I definitely would not wait for a whim and a wish from Panasonic. What is YOUR advice on the matter?
post #13543 of 13546 Old Today, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
OK, then the ax900. You're missing my point entirely. Isn't the owner stuck between a rock and a hard place? Doesn't the owner have to get a Panasonic from Panasonic? What choice does he have other than swapping out for a new 2015 top tier Panny? My advice is a hard pill to swallow as I realize people that bought the ZT were wanting tthe best, but given the circumstances what other choice does the owner have now? I definitely would not wait for a whim and a wish from Panasonic. What is YOUR advice on the matter?
I would live with the zt or push for a full refund
fmalczewski likes this.
post #13544 of 13546 Old Today, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

ax800 pros
color accuracy
motion
no ir
power consumption

cons
terrible viewing angle
uniformity issues
dse
edge lit

The only led I've seen in person I would replace my ZT60 with if I had no other option would be Sony XBR950B. That is a damn nice display, but the viewing angles are obviously lacking. Only other problem is I can't afford one!!!
post #13545 of 13546 Old Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
The only led I've seen in person I would replace my ZT60 with if I had no other option would be Sony XBR950B. That is a damn nice display, but the viewing angles are obviously lacking. Only other problem is I can't afford one!!!
Yeah that is a nice set and its Fald, the ax800 is plasma like but Panasonic missed the mark in a few crucial areas.
post #13546 of 13546 Old Today, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 132
How loud is this buzzing that people complain about the fans?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page