Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 453 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13561 of 13578 Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
my fan noise is ok on mine- but buzzing is definately louder than the fan noise

still doesn't effect fantastic PQ though I paid top-notch for the TV a year ago - and would do the same again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13562 of 13578 Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
So I found out the set actually has about 1600 hours on it and not the original 200 hours they were suggesting...now I am debating getting the set??

1600 hours is still not that much I guess in the overall life of the TV...more concerned that the IR will be more difficult to get rid...any additional thoughts? Is it still a good deal with that many hours on it?
They're representing a TV with 200 hours that actually has 1,600 hours? Either they were guessing (and shouldn't have) or they're deliberately misleading. Either way there's a problem. And IR over a 200 hour period is potentially more serious than a fixed logo over 1,600 hours. I'd either walk away or else, considering the hours were misrepresented, require a price reduction that's in line with 1,600 hours of use.

post #13563 of 13578 Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
They're representing a TV with 200 hours that actually has 1,600 hours? Either they were guessing (and shouldn't have) or they're deliberately misleading. Either way there's a problem. And IR over a 200 hour period is potentially more serious than a fixed logo over 1,600 hours. I'd either walk away or else, considering the hours were misrepresented, require a price reduction that's in line with 1,600 hours of use.
They didn't realize that there were hours on it from one of their other stores that the TV was transferred from (store didn't document it). They are willing to take off another 200 and I will get an extra year of full warranty. The good of it is that a friend is the Service Manager for the store in case anything big goes wrong. The other option is the BNIB 65VT60 for 1k more, which does not seem like a great deal. I know that it will be hard to find a TV of this quality for some time and OLED is too expensive still...

HT: Pioneer SC-85, Anthem MCA 50 Oppo BDP-103, PS3
OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
post #13564 of 13578 Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

If you're getting it for $2,000, down from $2,200 and an extra year of warranty then I think it's a chance worth taking. The worst that could happen is the IR, which in all honesty didn't look that bad, is actually burn in. The other ZT issues are fan noise on some of the earlier (pre August 2013 I think) models, curling up of the glass in the corners, which is very rare, and the occasional buzzing set. If you're clear of those problems (or can live with them) then I think you got a good deal here.
Edllguy and eaayoung like this.

post #13565 of 13578 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
So I found out the set actually has about 1600 hours on it and not the original 200 hours they were suggesting...now I am debating getting the set??

1600 hours is still not that much I guess in the overall life of the TV...more concerned that the IR will be more difficult to get rid...any additional thoughts? Is it still a good deal with that many hours on it?
Not a lot of hours like you said. And the IR looks similar to what I have on my ZT. If you find the IR is hard to see when running normal content, I would lean toward purchasing. BUT, I would also point out the seller the higher number of hours than what was disclosed and try to get them to come down to a lower price. Whatever you get them to go down in money in your pocket.
post #13566 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
If you're getting it for $2,000, down from $2,200 and an extra year of warranty then I think it's a chance worth taking. The worst that could happen is the IR, which in all honesty didn't look that bad, is actually burn in. The other ZT issues are fan noise on some of the earlier (pre August 2013 I think) models, curling up of the glass in the corners, which is very rare, and the occasional buzzing set. If you're clear of those problems (or can live with them) then I think you got a good deal here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Not a lot of hours like you said. And the IR looks similar to what I have on my ZT. If you find the IR is hard to see when running normal content, I would lean toward purchasing. BUT, I would also point out the seller the higher number of hours than what was disclosed and try to get them to come down to a lower price. Whatever you get them to go down in money in your pocket.
Thank you to both of you for your expertise and experience...I pulled the trigger and will look forward to getting it home and setup next week! The good thing is if there are any issues I have 2 years of worry free viewing!

OSD ATM-7
2CH: Pioneer Elite SX-A9-J, Pioneer PL 518 turntable, Pioneer PD M455 CD, Pioneer CT-WM77R Tape
SP: Paradigm Studio 60's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's SB, Ultracube 10 SW
post #13567 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
The good thing is if there are any issues I have 2 years of worry free viewing!
What aspect though? Last I read there is no spare parts…
post #13568 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
What aspect though? Last I read there is no spare parts…
True, was looking at it from a different perspective that I would have it replaced or refunded should anything major go wrong.

OSD ATM-7
post #13569 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Hopefully it lasts well for those two years.
post #13570 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
Hopefully it lasts well for those two years.
Yes, I hope that it does too...

OSD ATM-7
post #13571 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What is the target gamma for THX 3-D? I know THX cinema is 2.2 with typical VT readings of 2.26-2.27, bright room is 1.9 typically at 1.92 on VT's. Just curious what the target gamma for THX 3-D is?
post #13572 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed something new today that is somewhat bizarre and puzzling. After an extended trip when I got home the rabbit had eaten all my HDMI cables. Replacements are arriving tomorrow but I watched some shows on just the TV with no receiver or other devices processing the signal. The difference is surprising. The best way I can describe it is it reminds me of when they first started filming shows with the Canon 5D. Everything looks too real and somewhat zoomed in. Any ideas?
post #13573 of 13578 Unread Yesterday, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grond View Post
I noticed something new today that is somewhat bizarre and puzzling. After an extended trip when I got home the rabbit had eaten all my HDMI cables. Replacements are arriving tomorrow but I watched some shows on just the TV with no receiver or other devices processing the signal. The difference is surprising. The best way I can describe it is it reminds me of when they first started filming shows with the Canon 5D. Everything looks too real and somewhat zoomed in. Any ideas?
What picture mode is it in? Switch to THX Cinema, turn off the usual suspects, and make sure aspect ratio is set to Full. After that maybe fixes things up, change it around to what you have it set for through your receiver (I think you can just copy the settings over?).
post #13574 of 13578 Unread Today, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I would jump on the NIB ZT65. At least in the states, that is well over $1000 off MSRP on a limited edition panel that folks have tried to sell for multiples the MSRP on Amazon.

The demo seems to me a risky proposition with the screen retention stuff going on.

Radio Shack SPL Meter Owner
post #13575 of 13578 Unread Today, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

The NIB is a VT. There is less risk there but if it's not burn in on the ZT then $2,000 plus extended warranty vs. $3,200 for a NIB VT isn't really a question IMO. However, if the screen damage is permanent...
post #13576 of 13578 Unread Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Yes, I hope that it does too...
Those 2 years wouldn't be my main concern because you have that time period pretty much covered with your Warranty from the Mfg. and even the Store itself...which is a big plus.

The concern comes after the 2 years are up, but knowing that Panasonic's reliability record is high among other CE Mfg'ers, and that most electronic failures happen during the first few hundred hours of operation, you look to be in great shape on this deal. Lastly, the IR issue can definitely be solved given time to do it, and burn-in is really quite rare. All Mfg'ers consider burn-in as owner/operator abuse, so you need to figure out early on which is it, IR (temporary image retention) or burn-in (permanent screen damage).
post #13577 of 13578 Unread Today, 11:10 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 414
My next TV will be this one when the price is divide by 10
Settle for Nothing but the Best

77" Class (76.7" Diagonal) UHD 4K Smart 3D Curved OLED TV w/ webOS™77EG9700 <div class="features-wrapper">
  • LG OLED TV
  • Infinite Contrast
  • 4 Color Pixel
  • 4K ULTRA HD
LG 4K OLED TV – THE FUTURE OF TV

$2,499.99

Suggested Price
post #13578 of 13578 Unread Today, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Curved? No thanks. OLED, yes, but only after we see the longevity of the technology. And as I recall, although the blacks are near perfect, there are some other issues inherent in the OLED tech that amount to a trade-off. The "infinite contrast" and "4 times the resolution" is marketing nonsense. So is the contention that a curved screen will give you "clarity from every angle".

I really hope LG makes enough money off OLED to motivate better manufacturers like Panasonic, Sony and Samsung into developing their own models (or purchasing panels from LG). I also hope R&D is spent on developing the display tech rather than just more pixels or other physical gimmicks like screen geometry.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page