Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 459 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13741 of 13742 Old Today, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzman View Post
I'm still away from home but I called my wife regarding my ZT60 shutting down at start up. TV came back the 19th. I believe she said it was the start up capacitor. Anyway, Only $185, I thought excellent! Then she says he cleaned it inside and out. I say what did he say he used on the screen? WINDEX AND A PAPER TOWEL! I flip out! She says it had streaks! She went and bought some "Plasma Screen Cleaner" that came with a special "plasma screen safe" cleaning spray and micro-cloth. She said the streaks are gone. I told her to look at the screen with the TV off. She says she sees nothing now. I told her I'd told her I'd look when I get home on the 29th. NEXT I CALLED THE REPAIRMAN! He says I have done it this way on all TVs he's cleaned. I say " then you've probably F***ED A LOT OF PLASMA SCREENS! It says right in the manual NOT TO USE ANY TYPE OF glass CLEANER! He gets insulted. He says he's never had a complaint. I say Google it, he says yeah, okay. I end it saying if I get home and find the anti-glare damaged THIS AIN'T OVER! 28 YEARS IN BUSINESS! CHRIST!
My wife knew to use the soft cloth I bought for our first plasma tv. I also had a bottle of cleaner for Tv's but when it ran out she didn't tell me and was using windex. I found out and was not that happy as if you look at the screen sideways while off you can see the streaks. When we got the ZT she said I'm not cleaning it. Once a month I break out the air cans to clean dust off fan blades and such and she jokes about the dust now all over the stand I have to clean up. The screen still looks like it did when bought.
Sonyboy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13742 of 13742 Unread Today, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
My wife knew to use the soft cloth I bought for our first plasma tv. I also had a bottle of cleaner for Tv's but when it ran out she didn't tell me and was using windex. I found out and was not that happy as if you look at the screen sideways while off you can see the streaks. When we got the ZT she said I'm not cleaning it. Once a month I break out the air cans to clean dust off fan blades and such and she jokes about the dust now all over the stand I have to clean up. The screen still looks like it did when bought.
I've been thinking maybe I should start doing this. Do you take the back cover off first every time and if so what other steps do you follow?

Do other owners mostly bother as I haven't to this point and am very curious what the consensus is.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page