Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 460 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13771 of 13790 Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-RaVer View Post
Well the store i contacted ( Kazza Tech ) also has ZT65B in stock ( UK model ) , BNIB and it's selling it for €2,322.69 ... maybe they really have stock of the US versions for the previous mentioned price
Well that would great if really BNIB. But, you'll pay to ship back if not as described in their ad. Shouldn't have too pay to ship it back if not as described in their ad. But may be the only way you'd get any money back. I would proceed with caution. Sounds to good to be true.
X-RaVer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13772 of 13790 Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Well that would great if really BNIB. But, you'll pay to ship back if not as described in their ad. Shouldn't have too pay to ship it back if not as described in their ad. But may be the only way you'd get any money back. I would proceed with caution. Sounds to good to be true.
The unit they have in stock is an early build, May 2013 ... one of the first batches i believe. I don't think that even has the Fan Fix pre-applied
That's a no go for me , will have to go another way
post #13773 of 13790 Old Yesterday, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Well the store i contacted ( Kazza Tech ) also has ZT65B in stock ( UK model ) , BNIB and it's selling it for €2,322.69 ... maybe they really have stock of the US versions for the previous mentioned price
Now that's even weirder. Why would a US site have UK models in stock ?! and for that price ? If I were you and you think they are kosher, then buy a couple and then stick them on e bay for £3000 ! Sorry but there is something seriously not right about it.

Panasonic ZT65 (isf calibrated) / Cambridge Audio 752BD / Sky+ HD / Pioneer LX55 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Rega Mini Fono / Isotek Mira / Antimode 8033 / QED + Audioquest Cables / Virgin Media 50MB Network /
post #13774 of 13790 Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Yep. I'm thinking bait and switch. Maybe someone in NJ can check this deal out and see if they really do have NIB ZT and VT.

With that said, when I purchased my first plasma tv, a 500U back in early 2005 (or was it 2004) everybody was sold out. I just happen to check out Panasonic's website on a Saturday morning and they had a few in stock. I think these sets came from their Mexico plant which may have just started up. Within an hour, all the sets were gone. I did get mine. So, I guess anything is possible. Might be more inclined to believe it if Panasonic was the vendor.
X-RaVer likes this.
post #13775 of 13790 Old Today, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf View Post
Now that's even weirder. Why would a US site have UK models in stock ?! and for that price ? If I were you and you think they are kosher, then buy a couple and then stick them on e bay for £3000 ! Sorry but there is something seriously not right about it.
They also have an outlet in the UK as they told me. The items to Europe are shipped from the UK so that you don't have to pay customs charges...
However the built version of the ZT is an early one, May 2013, probably doesn't have the fan fix pre-applied, that's a risk i'm not willing to take, do not want a set that may need to be serviced in the first hours by noise generated by the fans
post #13776 of 13790 Old Today, 06:31 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
3779 hours and I am finally getting my TV calibrated today. Pretty excited to finally get this done. I have been using the settings from sound and vision and was pretty happy with them. My only concern (which I will talk with him more about when he arrives) is he will be calibrating the THX modes. He explained (a little as we were on the phone) about the THX processing side of things. I'm not sure how concerned I should be about not having the pixel orbiter option.

Anybody want to weigh in on this?

post #13777 of 13790 Old Today, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntculenuf View Post
3779 hours and I am finally getting my TV calibrated today. Pretty excited to finally get this done. I have been using the settings from sound and vision and was pretty happy with them. My only concern (which I will talk with him more about when he arrives) is he will be calibrating the THX modes. He explained (a little as we were on the phone) about the THX processing side of things. I'm not sure how concerned I should be about not having the pixel orbiter option.

I'm no expert, far from it, but if he's calibrating the THX modes, a good number of adjustments won't be available unless maybe he digs into the service menu, which I'm fairly sure is frowned upon for these sets (as being unnecessary). Not sure that's the right approach, or if that really qualifies as a full (or proper) calibration. Me, if I was going to be paying for a calibration, I'd sure want to get the real deal.

(That said, I recall a post or two where something similar was done, could end up being fine.)
post #13778 of 13790 Old Today, 10:05 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

The THX modes do not allow access to the Pro settings any good calibrator will want to use (white balance, gamma, CMS). I'd have no objection to him calibrating the THX modes (which should not take very long at all given the limited controls available) IN ADDITION to at least one Pro mode (ideally two, a Day mode and a Night mode), but THX only? That would be unacceptable to me and I wouldn't consider it a professional calibration.

If the THX modes have any "processing benefits" at all, which I doubt, they're offset by the loss of numerous calibration controls.
post #13779 of 13790 Old Today, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I'm no expert, far from it, but if he's calibrating the THX modes, a good number of adjustments won't be available unless maybe he digs into the service menu, which I'm fairly sure is frowned upon for these sets (as being unnecessary). Not sure that's the right approach, or if that really qualifies as a full (or proper) calibration. Me, if I was going to be paying for a calibration, I'd sure want to get the real deal.

(That said, I recall a post or two where something similar was done, could end up being fine.)
Agreed. Why would you want to calibrate the THX mode ? You are going to end up with some inherent compromises, with the lack of pixel orbiter just one of them.

Why not just calibrate the Pro settings, and do a proper job ?

Panasonic ZT65 (isf calibrated) / Cambridge Audio 752BD / Sky+ HD / Pioneer LX55 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Rega Mini Fono / Isotek Mira / Antimode 8033 / QED + Audioquest Cables / Virgin Media 50MB Network /
post #13780 of 13790 Old Today, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would agree. I had Chad do my calibration and he used the Professional mode. He also calibrated for 3D but since I never watch 3D content, I'm not sure how to access the settings without pulling out my paperwork. I may even have a Day and Night setting as well. But I use Professional 1 for everything I watch.

Last edited by eaayoung; Today at 07:47 PM.
post #13781 of 13790 Old Today, 10:11 AM

Quote:
They also have an outlet in the UK as they told me. The items to Europe are shipped from the UK so that you don't have to pay customs charges...
However the built version of the ZT is an early one, May 2013, probably doesn't have the fan fix pre-applied, that's a risk i'm not willing to take, do not want a set that may need to be serviced in the first hours by noise generated by the fans
If I though for one minute I could buy a BNIB UK ZT for 2300 Euro from them, I'd be ordering up their entire stock and turning them over for at least 500 quid profit per set on e bay.
X-RaVer likes this.

post #13782 of 13790 Old Today, 10:53 AM

Quote:
If I though for one minute I could buy a BNIB UK ZT for 2300 Euro from them, I'd be ordering up their entire stock and turning them over for at least 500 quid profit per set on e bay.
That would be a smart ( a profitable ) move... if everything goes well with the buying like you said
post #13783 of 13790 Old Today, 01:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockatiel View Post
The THX modes do not allow access to the Pro settings any good calibrator will want to use (white balance, gamma, CMS). I'd have no objection to him calibrating the THX modes (which should not take very long at all given the limited controls available) IN ADDITION to at least one Pro mode (ideally two, a Day mode and a Night mode), but THX only? That would be unacceptable to me and I wouldn't consider it a professional calibration.

If the THX modes have any "processing benefits" at all, which I doubt, they're offset by the loss of numerous calibration controls.
Quote:
Agreed. Why would you want to calibrate the THX mode ? You are going to end up with some inherent compromises, with the lack of pixel orbiter just one of them.

Why not just calibrate the Pro settings, and do a proper job ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
I would agree. I had Chad do my calibration and he used the Professional mode. He also calibrated for 3D but since I never watch 3D content, I not sure how to access the settings without pulling out my paperwork. I may even have a Day and Night setting as well. But I use Professional 1 for everything I watch.
He did a great job the picture looks great. He did both THX modes and both look better than the sound and vision ones I was using. He did get into the service menu to make some adjustments. I felt confident with him and his knowledge he is certified both with ISF and THX, Also very familiar with the ZT60. Not only did he run through the TV he went through my OPPO settings and made adjustments if needed so that the picture and color were still adjusted correctly. Also Made sure I didn't have any processing in my reciever going on. All in all really happy, even my neighbor who didn't think the picture could get any better was impressed.
My red was higher than the other colors. My blue was lacking, grey, whites and blacks were dialed in. I had my format on "just" and he explained and showed the distortion it was causing (quite crazy actually). Watched a few scenes from a movie that I had watched yesterday on the new settings and WOW. The dark scenes and coloring look so much better.
Sonyboy likes this.

post #13784 of 13790 Old Today, 01:31 PM

How much time did he spend on each THX mode?
post #13785 of 13790 Old Today, 02:09 PM

Quote:
How much time did he spend on each THX mode?
Close to an hour I reckon, he was here almost 3 hours. I think that because I had everything else in the system setup for the most part saved him some time. He did explain what he usually does at most peoples places with their system and such. After he made adjustments in the main menu he would make some tweaks in the service menu and take a snapshot with his system. Kept doing this until everything lined up as it was supposed to.

post #13786 of 13790 Old Today, 03:29 PM

Quote:
He did a great job the picture looks great. He did both THX modes and both look better than the sound and vision ones I was using. He did get into the service menu to make some adjustments. I felt confident with him and his knowledge he is certified both with ISF and THX, Also very familiar with the ZT60. Not only did he run through the TV he went through my OPPO settings and made adjustments if needed so that the picture and color were still adjusted correctly. Also Made sure I didn't have any processing in my reciever going on. All in all really happy, even my neighbor who didn't think the picture could get any better was impressed.
My red was higher than the other colors. My blue was lacking, grey, whites and blacks were dialed in. I had my format on "just" and he explained and showed the distortion it was causing (quite crazy actually). Watched a few scenes from a movie that I had watched yesterday on the new settings and WOW. The dark scenes and coloring look so much better.
And how does the calibrated THX mode compare to the calibrated Pro mode ?

post #13787 of 13790 Old Today, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I like the THX better now, really looks good. I am actually watching an older movie (Ghost Dog) right now on standard DVD and it looks great best I have seen it look. The dark shadow detail is not blacked or washed out.

post #13788 of 13790 Old Today, 07:15 PM

Quote:
If I understand this correctly, he didn't have the Pro mode calibrated, only THX.
post #13789 of 13790 Old Today, 07:20 PM

Quote:
I like the THX better now, really looks good. I am actually watching an older movie (Ghost Dog) right now on standard DVD and it looks great best I have seen it look. The dark shadow detail is not blacked or washed out.
Glad to see you satisfied! It sometimes takes a few days/weeks to get used to a calibrated image, but you were already using a pretty good mode (THX) with good settings, which helps since you were already in the ballpark.

Thanks for the feedback!
post #13790 of 13790 Unread Today, 11:09 PM

Quote:
If I understand this correctly, he didn't have the Pro mode calibrated, only THX.

Which was my point.

While I'm sure the THX mode has been improved, and I'm pleased the poster likes it, how does he know if actually has the best PQ his TV is capable of ? I would put money on a properly calibrated Pro mode being an improvement on a calibrated THX mode.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread