Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 461 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #13801 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob brennan View Post
No fan fix - most say the "fix' started in August 2013? Agree about the warranty but must ask "when is the cut-off point, 1 year, 2year, 5years??"

And if NIB would warranty apply if it is sold with 10,000 hours on the panel? Don't know but would want something in writing from Panasonic before I bought an 18 month out of production TV.
Well, in Europe, the Law states that the Manufacturer is responsible for giving support and suplying parts to the product up to 10 Years after the same has been put on the market.
About the hours ... that's really something i doubt the store would answer to or even Panasonic. But for NIB it should be a unit with ZERO hours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13802 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 278
As I recall (and I've been wrong before) the fan fix factory installation was implemented in mid-August. And as was stated, many weren't bothered by the non-fixed units. Installation of the fix is really easy to do. I'd be more concerned that the fix kit isn't even being supplied by Panasonic anymore. Not that you couldn't do it yourself of course but, again, in my experience (and according to my dB meter) the fix didn't do much of anything to begin with. Regardless, it's a matter of personal preference. If you were sensitive to the noise before you'd be sensitive to it now too. Probably best just to find something else at this point. The Samsung 9500 is a pretty nice TV as far as LEDs go and LG's 65" OLED shows promise.
X-RaVer likes this.

Last edited by repete66211; 06-04-2015 at 08:53 AM.
post #13803 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-RaVer View Post
Well, in Europe, the Law states that the Manufacturer is responsible for giving support and suplying parts to the product up to 10 Years after the same has been put on the market.
About the hours ... that's really something i doubt the store would answer to or even Panasonic. But for NIB it should be a unit with ZERO hours
Interesting - don't know what it is on this side of the pond - heard 3 to 5 years for parts but not sure.

Here "NIB" (not in box) usually/ frequently means it was a display model and may have several thousands hours on the panel - usually it also means it will have some IR.
X-RaVer likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000

Last edited by bob brennan; 06-04-2015 at 08:35 AM.
post #13804 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Interesting - don't know what it is on this side of the pond - heard 3 to 5 years for partsbut not sure.

Here "NIB" (not in box) usually/ frequently means it was a display model and may have several thousands hours on the panel - usually it also means it will have some IR.

NIB means "NEW IN BOX", a brand new product.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #13805 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-RaVer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
Hey live and learn - thought I saw folks refer to the floor models as not in box - I would think if you found a new ZT you would get the Panasonic warranty. In the US it is just about impossible to find a new ZT - what I was referencing is that the few ZT's available are nearly always floor/display models with many hours on the panel & IR so I don't know if the panasonic warranty would apply - would be interesting if anyone knows?
X-RaVer likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #13806 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Interesting - don't know what it is on this side of the pond - heard 3 to 5 years for parts but not sure.

To me NIB refers to "New In Box" or BNIB "Brand New In Box"
post #13807 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
As I recall (and I've been wrong before) the fan fix factory installation was implemented in mid-August. Regardless, many weren't bothered by the non-fixed units. Installation of the fix is really easy to do. I'd be more concerned that the fix kit isn't even being supplied by Panasonic anymore. Not that you couldn't do it yourself of course but, again, in my experience (and according to my dB meter) the fix didn't do much of anything to begin with. Regardless, it's a matter of personal preference. If you were sensitive to the noise before you'd be sensitive to it now too. Probably best just to find something else at this point. The Samsung 9500 is a pretty nice TV as far as LEDs go and LG's 65" OLED shows promise.
I already have an LCD TV for the moment , Panasonic 65AX900 ... i'm just missing the ZT regarding it's uniformity, otherwise the AX900 is really GOOD
post #13808 of 13819 Old 06-04-2015, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
Just thought I'd point out. Just imagine if people didn't abbreviate everything. Very little wouldn't be confused. Everything would be crystal clear. Imagine.
larrygeary and X-RaVer like this.
post #13809 of 13819 Old 06-06-2015, 01:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntculenuf View Post
He did a great job the picture looks great. He did both THX modes and both look better than the sound and vision ones I was using. He did get into the service menu to make some adjustments. I felt confident with him and his knowledge he is certified both with ISF and THX, Also very familiar with the ZT60. Not only did he run through the TV he went through my OPPO settings and made adjustments if needed so that the picture and color were still adjusted correctly. Also Made sure I didn't have any processing in my reciever going on. All in all really happy, even my neighbor who didn't think the picture could get any better was impressed.
My red was higher than the other colors. My blue was lacking, grey, whites and blacks were dialed in. I had my format on "just" and he explained and showed the distortion it was causing (quite crazy actually). Watched a few scenes from a movie that I had watched yesterday on the new settings and WOW. The dark scenes and coloring look so much better.

Could you explain to us what reasons he gave you for going with the THX modes instead of the more preferred ISF modes by the majority of calibrators out there?
Cloverleaf likes this.
post #13810 of 13819 Old 06-06-2015, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
confused - as I thought on my EU set that THX modes were "fixed" - I don't think I can tweak them

unless you can at service menu level ?
Cloverleaf likes this.
post #13811 of 13819 Old 06-06-2015, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by markabuckley View Post
confused - as I thought on my EU set that THX modes were "fixed" - I don't think I can tweak them

unless you can at service menu level ?
Precisely. Apparently there is limited tweakery possible via the service menu, but as I and others are struggling to understand, why would any competent calibrator choose to do that, when he can get a much better result using the Pro modes. Beats me.

OK if the guy is happy with the picture, it's his TV, but my concern is that he doesn't know what he could have. There is also the issue of this guy going round telling people that he calibrates THX as it gives the best result. Scary.
craigyboy likes this.

Panasonic ZT65 (isf calibrated) / Cambridge Audio 752BD / Sky+ HD / Pioneer LX55 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Rega Mini Fono / Isotek Mira / Antimode 8033 / QED + Audioquest Cables / Virgin Media 50MB Network /
post #13812 of 13819 Old 06-06-2015, 07:58 AM
RRF

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloverleaf View Post
Precisely. Apparently there is limited tweakery possible via the service menu, but as I and others are struggling to understand, why would any competent calibrator choose to do that, when he can get a much better result using the Pro modes. Beats me.<br />
<br />
OK if the guy is happy with the picture, it's his TV, but my concern is that he doesn't know what he could have. There is also the issue of this guy going round telling people that he calibrates THX as it gives the best result. Scary.
<br />
<br />
I am an ISF L2 calibrator with 30 years of Video and RF engineering experience behind me, who also owns a 65ZT60, just for the reference quality. And I do not understand this either. One of the advantages of the Pro mode is being able to save the calibration in a file and leave a copy with the customer, in case they mess it up and just need a quick restore visit or tune-up.
eaayoung likes this.

Last edited by RRF; 06-06-2015 at 08:43 AM.
post #13813 of 13819 Old 06-15-2015, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my 60ZT60 in Jan 2014 but have never had it connected to the internet.
Are there any software updates available from Panasonic?

I'm extremely annoyed by the slow update of the EPG when using the internal satellite receiver and hoping there might be a fix for it.
Btw, it's a Swedish EUR model I have.
post #13814 of 13819 Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton_1974 View Post
I got my 60ZT60 in Jan 2014 but have never had it connected to the internet.
Are there any software updates available from Panasonic?

I'm extremely annoyed by the slow update of the EPG when using the internal satellite receiver and hoping there might be a fix for it.
Btw, it's a Swedish EUR model I have.
none in the North America - look in your menu under NETWORK - since Panasonic no longer makes plasmas I would not be hopeful

post #13815 of 13819 Old 06-15-2015, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 278
As I recall there was a firmware update but I think it just addressed the browser and/or apps.

post #13816 of 13819 Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete66211 View Post
As I recall there was a firmware update but I think it just addressed the browser and/or apps.
Correct - see below 12/13

Version: 2.873
  • Issues Addressed: Improvement of Web Browser
    Home Screen Collection
    Improves System Stability
  • Release Date: 12-3-2013
  • Operating Systems: windows/mac

post #13817 of 13819 Old 06-17-2015, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. THIS will be my FINAL chapter in the saga of my TC-P60ZT60 and the idiot that cleaned it with Windex. I found an authorized Panasonic repair business near me and went to talk to the tech. We spent about 20 minutes discussing the issue. He said he never uses anything but water (sparingly), and a micro cloth, but does not believe that using Windex once would destroy the filter on the glass. Repeated heavy use may however. 1 day after picking up the TV, the tech called and said that the glass looks ok but the pixelated looking "sparkles" on the top is the screen itself! It probably is the screen seperating from the glass, NO fix! I asked him if someone had transported the TV lying on it's back would cause it and he said he didn't think so but they always stand product up so he's had no experience with that. I've still never heard anything fom the BBB other than he was sent a notice of complaint.

Luckily it's not visible from my viewing distance (about 8 ft.) YET! I guess it's my cross to bare and I can still say I had one of the best plasma pictures ever . . . for awhile. Adios, Katzman
post #13818 of 13819 Old 06-20-2015, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hello everyone!
It's been awhile since I've been in here (old computer took a crap and forgot my user name), I'm glad to be back.
Well, my ZT60 is just over 18 months old now. The picture is still amazing and no sign of IR or burn in whatsoever.
Earlier in the week, my cable box took a crap and the company tech came to replace it. After he got it up and running,
he said my TV had one of the best pictures he's ever seen and asked me about it. I told what it was and I got a deal on
it just before they were discontinued.
I am, without question, a happy camper with my ZT
Hamilton_1974, Edllguy and Sonyboy like this.

To some, experience does not count as education.
Onkyo TX 8522 Kenwood KR6050
BSR EQ 3000 JVC TD-661
TEAC CD-RW 880 Panasonic DMP BDT220
Panasonic DMR ES35V Cerwin Vega XLS215
Kenwood LS 408B Panasonic 60ZT60
post #13819 of 13819 Old 06-21-2015, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfool View Post
Hello everyone!
It's been awhile since I've been in here (old computer took a crap and forgot my user name), I'm glad to be back.
Well, my ZT60 is just over 18 months old now. The picture is still amazing and no sign of IR or burn in whatsoever.
Earlier in the week, my cable box took a crap and the company tech came to replace it. After he got it up and running,
he said my TV had one of the best pictures he's ever seen and asked me about it. I told what it was and I got a deal on
it just before they were discontinued.
I am, without question, a happy camper with my ZT
Its posts like the above I really enjoy to read. With 4K, UHD, OLED, HDR, etc all the talk these days on AVS, its great that the ZT60 still gets recognized as a fine display for our viewing enjoyment.

I'm going to assume that 3-5 years down the road our displays will still be talked about with admiration and respect just like the Kuro panels still are after all these years.

Let's continue to enjoy our ZT panels.

Last edited by Edllguy; 06-21-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Minor addition.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page