Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 464 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #13891 of 13891 Unread Today, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
Broke the Toslink flap on my ZT yesterday when moving equipment around. Found a suggestion of gluing a right angle Toslink adapter into the port. Hopefully it will work. Should work out better than what I was using since the Toslink port is on the side of the ZT.

Really dislike the Toslink connections. I've broken the flaps before and I'm sure this won't be the last Toslink flap that I break.
Are you able to take a picture of it please?

I'm curious as to what the damage looks like.

The reason I ask is I've come across a ZT60 for sale, very low hours but it has damage to the digital audio out (optical port).

The thing is it's not just the flap part, it's actually taken a chunk of the plastic away. so I'm concerned that some force was used to do that damage.

Might sound silly but could that have any effect on the panel? I'm a little ocd and paranoid and I'd be worried about maybe some damage done internally due to the force or something.

I was hoping to see what your port looks like to get an idea of whether the damage is similar to the one I'm looking at purchasing to see if the damage is "normal" for simply removing the cable, or whether the one I'm potentially buying has been overly forced.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page