Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 472 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 436Likes

post #14131 of 14140 Old Today, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos View Post
I'm going by memory here but I thought the 60 inch variants of the ZT/VT only have 2 fans, while the 65 inch has three with one in the middle as shown in your photo. Perhaps that is why the fan plug is different?

The A board part # in my TV matches a VT60- TNPH1043UB

But what you say sort of makes sense as well- as a 65ZT60 control board has the same board layout and plug as mine.just with gold connections. Whether or not it would work in my case I do not know.

None of the board diagrams or other board part #'s match anything on any of the other sets though which is really weird. And I can't find a part # on the panel itself- does anyone know where it *should* be located?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14132 of 14140 Old Today, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerdubs View Post
You know I have no way to transport it and no box. But if you pick it up, I'll email you the service manual and parts PDF files I purchased to try to figure out what it is. I've already wasted money on them, and on purchasing a proper ZT60 control board that won't work, and the insides of this thing don't match any part #'s I found anywhere in the manuals. Oh, you would also get a free LED bias lighting strip, I bought one and adhesived it to the back panel. It plugs into the USB port.
what is the exact part number for the "A" board you tried, including the suffix (2 letters on the card) see pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1uuuus.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	1246529  
post #14133 of 14140 Old Today, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boos View Post
I'm going by memory here but I thought the 60 inch variants of the ZT/VT only have 2 fans, while the 65 inch has three with one in the middle as shown in your photo. Perhaps that is why the fan plug is different?
Hmm... https://www.avforums.com/threads/pan...#post-19103961
post #14134 of 14140 Old Today, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounger17 View Post
what is the exact part number for the "A" board you tried, including the suffix (2 letters on the card) see pic

The one I purchased is TXN/A1UVUUS TNPH1043UD

I also sent this info to your PM.
post #14135 of 14140 Old Today, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvfx View Post
65zt60:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56ef4e96_IMG_1083.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	1246649  
post #14136 of 14140 Old Today, 04:16 PM

I received a Pm asking me to try to turn it on with the fans disconnected. So I did.

It gave me an error message that it knew there was a problem with the fans and would shut down- but it stayed on long enough for me to get into the menu and see that there were indeed now the THX modes, something called brilliance mode and something called EBU mode.

This makes me curious if the 65ZT60 board that has the proper fan plug would work?? Uggh.. should I risk more money spent?
post #14137 of 14140 Old Today, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Quote:
I received a Pm asking me to try to turn it on with the fans disconnected. So I did.

It gave me an error message that it knew there was a problem with the fans and would shut down- but it stayed on long enough for me to get into the menu and see that there were indeed now the THX modes, something called brilliance mode and something called EBU mode.

This makes me curious if the 65ZT60 board that has the proper fan plug would work?? Uggh.. should I risk more money spent?
Well the other possibility might be that the fan(s) you have were prototypes too, with different connector(s).
post #14138 of 14140 Old Today, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
The mystery machine-

why would you put it face down on the floor? you can take the back cover off while on the stand
post #14139 of 14140 Old Today, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace54 View Post
why would you put it face down on the floor? you can take the back cover off while on the stand

It is not face down on the floor. It is face down, on a clean soft blanket on my coffee table. I don't use it on the original stand, I use a tower mount which bolts to the back of the TV requiring it to be dismounted to remove the back. I suppose I could mount it back onto the stand before taking the back off, but that would certainly make it more awkward to work on it.
post #14140 of 14140 Old Today, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
You know I have no way to transport it and no box. But if you pick it up, I'll email you the service manual and parts PDF files I purchased to try to figure out what it is. I've already wasted money on them, and on purchasing a proper ZT60 control board that won't work, and the insides of this thing don't match any part #'s I found anywhere in the manuals. Oh, you would also get a free LED bias lighting strip, I bought one and adhesived it to the back panel. It plugs into the USB port.
Rent a van and take him up on his offer. UHaul and other companies sell flat panel TV boxes. You could be done with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page