Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 484 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 528Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Member
 
johngonzalo21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thumbs up Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma TV

I have a ZT60 65 inch and and the hours show up as C4747, panasonic sent someone out to do something about fan noise a while back.

To be honest the TV is perfect and i am just looking to upgrade to OLED.

What is my chance of getting a swap? From a member seeking this model or how much can i get for it? I ask in this thread because surely someone here would know.

Thanks for your help
johngonzalo21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-27-2016, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
wes k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: jackson ms
Posts: 362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngonzalo21 View Post
I have a ZT60 65 inch and and the hours show up as C4747, panasonic sent someone out to do something about fan noise a while back.

To be honest the TV is perfect and i am just looking to upgrade to OLED.

What is my chance of getting a swap? From a member seeking this model or how much can i get for it? I ask in this thread because surely someone here would know.

Thanks for your help
I sold mine for $3700 last November but it only had about 2500 hours. It also had about three years left on a geek squad warranty as well.

Be patient and take no less than $3,000.

Wes
wes k is offline  
Old 06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
Senior Member
 
B T C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, MI via Kentucky, Georgia & Tennessee
Posts: 408
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 75
A 55" VT60 I had apparently looked at recently sold on ebay for $2200, which seems kind of crazy to me. It was listed as used, but I don't believe the hours were included in the listing. It was supposedly in "perfect" condition.
B T C is online now  
Old 06-28-2016, 12:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by wes k View Post
I sold mine for $3700 last November but it only had about 2500 hours. It also had about three years left on a geek squad warranty as well.

Be patient and take no less than $3,000.
Depends on your location, but I highly doubt many are going to repeat that success. $2000 in my locale (think somewhat rural) back in October 2014 was what I achieved.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-03-2016, 11:19 PM
Member
 
pier0188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ZT60 Image Burn

I have 2 major spots of image burn (not retention, it hasn't gone away) that is pretty noticeable when there are solid colors on the screen. Any tips on how to get rid of this?

It's noticeable on solid backgrounds and the upper right one even on regular pictures.

Not sure if my wife or kids did it, not happy..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160704_011705.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1526610  
pier0188 is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 02:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Other than the on-board screen wipe feature, a tool like the pixel flipper on the Disney World of Wonder calibration disc is something you can try overnight (multiple nights may be needed). Another hail Mary to try is to unplug it for a week (at a minimum) and fire it up again afterwards. I had a ZT60 with a similar pink discoloration in the portion of the screen where subtitles are displayed. I was surprised to see this clear up after an extended period of no use.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 AM
Senior Member
 
DrMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Just wanted to inform people of an issue that I had with the ZT that led to a warranty buy out. The unit would just randomly shut off with no blinking light codes. You could turn the set on right away with no issues and it would work fine until it shut off again. The power board and main board were replaced and did not help fix the issues. So now the TV is probably in a warehouse lying on its side collecting dust. Hopefully none of you owners run into this issue. I enjoyed the TV but time to move on to OLED!

LG OLED 65 E6
Marantz AV8801 / MM8077
Martin Logan Motion 50XT Center
Martin Logan Motion 60XT Front/40 Rears
SVS PB13-Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103D/Furman ELITE-20 PF /Playstation 4/XboxOne/ Apple TV
DrMichael is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Are the ZT's really rare? I am not looking for one but I check what's available for Plasma on Craigslist (for the hell of it) almost daily and I have yet to have seen a ZT ever. I saw a VT once, and I see the ST a lot. Currently in my area there are 4 for sale
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-04-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
I wouldn't be surprised if they're rare. It was the most costly panel from the 2013 line.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
slimoli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: South Florida
Posts: 5,229
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they're rare. It was the most costly panel from the 2013 line.
Yes, and those who have one prefer to keep it instead of selling it for $2K . The ZT60 is still one of the best TV if you don't care for 4K. I love my 65ZT60 .i

I was so happy without HDR...
slimoli is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
Well, I sold mine for around that much back in 2014. The long-term IR was too much and all the energy costly pixel flipping to get rid of it before the next week of football was getting to be too much. Otherwise an astonishing TV.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Ive always wanted to see the ZT but I have never (and likely will never) had the chance. A person I used to be good friends with and used to see regularly has or had the 60 inch VT. I used to love when we watched movies on it. I haven't seen him in a while but I really loved that thing although I do think I like my 111FD a little better overall especially for IR. The VT he had was prone to IR. It looked great though, don't get me wrong. It's mainly what got me into wanting a Plasma. Like I said I saw one of them on Craigslist around 2 months ago and it either went really fast or they took down the listing in less than 3 days. It was the 55 and it was priced for 1,200. From what I hear the 55 inch doesn't have as good of blacks.

Never once seen a ZT for sale around me in Craigslist, and the guy I bought my ELITE from had an entire arsenal of Plasma's mainly Pioneers but many Panasonic's, an F8500, and one Fujitsu and he said he has only seen the ZT once. Maybe one day I will get to see one. I know it used the same panel as the VT but in most people's opinions it seems to be quite a bit better nonetheless. It's cool that both can do DCI color space, might make UHD worth looking into for both
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-04-2016, 02:13 PM
Member
 
Patjessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm about to post my 65ZT60 in the for sale thread here on AVS, in the event anyone on this thread has been looking.

Hours are at 3582, no screen burn in, perfect condition, etc. Like others, I love it, but i'm wanting to go to 4K and 75".

I was curious about what would be an appropriate amount to ask, but looking at the above posts, I'm thinking $2500 is fair. I'm in the SF Bay Area, so figure the pool of potential buyers to come pick up should be strong? Guess we'll see...
Patjessi is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
Are the ZT's really rare? I am not looking for one but I check what's available for Plasma on Craigslist (for the hell of it) almost daily and I have yet to have seen a ZT ever. I saw a VT once, and I see the ST a lot. Currently in my area there are 4 for sale
Hey Vader1!

I live in the Metro Detroit area so if you're ever in the area you are more than welcome to stop by and see my ZT60. I love it and I think it's a beautiful TV. One of the best ever made for sure. I think it's just as good as the Kuro 141fd, 151fd and KRP600M. I know the black levels in the 101fd and 500m might be slightly better than the ZT60 but those 50" Kuro models were too small and I needed at least a 60" pdp. So I opted for the ZT60.

Ronnie
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Hey Vader1!

I live in the Metro Detroit area so if you're ever in the area you are more than welcome to stop by and see my ZT60. I love it and I think it's a beautiful TV. One of the best ever made for sure. I think it's just as good as the Kuro 141fd, 151fd and KRP600M. I know the black levels in the 101fd and 500m might be slightly better than the ZT60 but those 50" Kuro models were too small and I needed at least a 60" pdp. So I opted for the ZT60.

Ronnie
Well thanks for the invite! Appreciated. Unfortunately I don't travel as much as I would like and when I do it's normally within New England. Been down south a few times and went out to the midwest once ages ago. You never know... maybe one day. I think (I might be wrong) the blacks on the KRP and 101 Signature (which I had a chance to get at a really low price and lost to somebody else but oh well my 111 is great) are only better if you do the super tweaking in the service menu. That's just what I thought, maybe not though so if I am wrong somebody let me know. My old friends VT60 had great blacks, probably a little better than my 111 because of no red tint. Luckily the model I got barely has it and it hasn't been getting worse. The blacks still beat any edge lit set and probably some of the local dimming sets but not the best ones obviously. The VT my friend had really motivated me to get a Plasma and it was either Panasonic or Pioneer. To my surprise, there has been a lot more Pioneers for sale in my area overall than Panasonic's.

Assuming you have seen the VT, how much of a leap would you say the ZT is to a VT?
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-05-2016, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
The KRP and 101 are darker from the factory. It's the 111 and the rest of the Elites that need tweaking to beat the VT/ZT60s. Then again, the KRP/101 are only 50".

Haven't seen both ZT and VTs, but the differences are mostly insignificant. A better filter on the ZT means it is dimmer but with more diffuse reflections. Like the Kuro, the ZT60 has a single sheet of glass design and thus eliminates potential internal reflections at typically wider angles, but I've only ever heard of one person complaining about seeing these reflections on the VT60 (from a Kuro owner no less ).

Last edited by video_analysis; 07-05-2016 at 12:37 AM.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 07:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
Well thanks for the invite! Appreciated. Unfortunately I don't travel as much as I would like and when I do it's normally within New England. Been down south a few times and went out to the midwest once ages ago. You never know... maybe one day. I think (I might be wrong) the blacks on the KRP and 101 Signature (which I had a chance to get at a really low price and lost to somebody else but oh well my 111 is great) are only better if you do the super tweaking in the service menu. That's just what I thought, maybe not though so if I am wrong somebody let me know. My old friends VT60 had great blacks, probably a little better than my 111 because of no red tint. Luckily the model I got barely has it and it hasn't been getting worse. The blacks still beat any edge lit set and probably some of the local dimming sets but not the best ones obviously. The VT my friend had really motivated me to get a Plasma and it was either Panasonic or Pioneer. To my surprise, there has been a lot more Pioneers for sale in my area overall than Panasonic's.

Assuming you have seen the VT, how much of a leap would you say the ZT is to a VT?
I hear ya! I don't travel much either. Only traveling I do is up to Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Love Northern Michigan in the summer time! If you get in touch with Makaveddie81 over in the Kuro threads, he'll explain to you on how to get rid of the red tint on your 111. He'll tell you how to adjust the voltage and stuff to get rid of the red tint. The VT60 & the ZT60 have the same specs when it comes to producing a great picture. Only difference is the VT60 has better speakers and the ZT60 has the single sheet of glass which has the antiglare technology. But if they're both in a dark room the picture output is identical.


Ronnie

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I hear ya! I don't travel much either. Only traveling I do is up to Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Love Northern Michigan in the summer time! If you get in touch with Makaveddie81 over in the Kuro threads, he'll explain to you on how to get rid of the red tint on your 111. He'll tell you how to adjust the voltage and stuff to get rid of the red tint. The VT60 & the ZT60 have the same specs when it comes to producing a great picture. Only difference is the VT60 has better speakers and the ZT60 has the single sheet of glass which has the antiglare technology. But if they're both in a dark room the picture output is identical.


Ronnie
I wish I still saw my friend who had the VT60 because I would love to compare it to my Kuro. I haven't seen it or him 2 years. You are right, in the dark watching movies it's what made me really want a Plasma. I had always knew the best Plasma's could be better than LCD and years ago I knew somebody else who was a big Panasonic Plasma fan (2008 or so era Panny) but for years I just went with LCD and was waiting for OLED to be affordable. But after seeing that VT a few times I was tired of LED and I decided to own a Plasma and wait another year or 2 for OLED.

I have to say I was very surprised at how both Kuro's Ive owned have been so IR resistant. I was prepared to deal with that a lot because my friends VT had it a lot. The picture was so good I still thought it was worth it and it wasn't THAT bad but it was definitely way more common than I have seen on either the 5080 I had or a 111 I have now. I am glad I got a Pioneer for that reason but no disrespect to Panasonic. When I was looking for used Plasma's I wouldn't settle for anything but a Panny or a Pio. It was one of them or nothing.
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I hear ya! I don't travel much either. Only traveling I do is up to Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. Love Northern Michigan in the summer time! If you get in touch with Makaveddie81 over in the Kuro threads, he'll explain to you on how to get rid of the red tint on your 111. He'll tell you how to adjust the voltage and stuff to get rid of the red tint. The VT60 & the ZT60 have the same specs when it comes to producing a great picture. Only difference is the VT60 has better speakers and the ZT60 has the single sheet of glass which has the antiglare technology. But if they're both in a dark room the picture output is identical.


Ronnie
I wish I still saw my friend who had the VT60 because I would love to compare it to my Kuro. I haven't seen it or him 2 years. You are right, in the dark watching movies it's what made me really want a Plasma. I had always knew the best Plasma's could be better than LCD and years ago I knew somebody else who was a big Panasonic Plasma fan (2008 or so era Panny) but for years I just went with LCD and was waiting for OLED to be affordable. But after seeing that VT a few times I was tired of LED and I decided to own a Plasma and wait another year or 2 for OLED.

I have to say I was very surprised at how both Kuro's Ive owned have been so IR resistant. I was prepared to deal with that a lot because my friends VT had it a lot. The picture was so good I still thought it was worth it and it wasn't THAT bad but it was definitely way more common than I have seen on either the 5080 I had or a 111 I have now. I am glad I got a Pioneer for that reason but no disrespect to Panasonic. When I was looking for used Plasma's I wouldn't settle for anything but a Panny or a Pio. It was one of them or nothing.
I agree!.......I would love to put my ZT60 next to one of the last generation Kuro's too just to see how close they are to each other in picture quality. I love both and plan to pick up a Kuro around Christmas time. I need the 60" ones though so I'll probably get a 141, 151 or the KRP600M. Provided I can find one. Lol! That way I can have the top 2 pdp's ever made. Wife will probably throw a fit though cuz I've also got my VT30 laying around. Lol! The IR is a little bit irritating for me sometimes but thankfully it never stays. Really only happens with the Fox sports logo during my Tiger games.
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Well good luck looking. I don't know about your area but there are a lot of Pioneers around me. Mostly Kuro's but not all. Some people are trying to sell really old Pioneers for ridiculous prices. Somebody near me right now is trying to sell an FHD1 for 2700! The listing has been sitting there for weeks and he still hasn't budged. He calls it a Kuro in the add too... The guy I got mine from was very reliable, he has several Pioneers, Panasonics, and a Fujitsu available now. He does overprice them a bit but he's reliable and they are in very good condition usually.

I did consider getting a 60 at one point, but it would have been too heavy to get up stairs into my room and while I could probably make it fit in my room it would take a lot of space. More than I want probably. Plus I don't think my Sanus VMAA18 mount would take it. It holds 135 pounds max and Pioneers website says the 60's are around 120 and that's too close to the max for my comfort. 50 inches is good enough for me, in the past me and my family have never owned anything above 42 inch and the old Vizio LED I had before was 32 inches. I do wish Pioneer made a 55 inch Kuro because for some reason I have always wanted a 55 inch set. Just sounds like the perfect number, would be a little bigger but not too much so it wouldn't take up too much space and probably wouldn't have been much heavier. When I get my OLED next year it will be the 55 B6. In the mean time I love this.
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
Well good luck looking. I don't know about your area but there are a lot of Pioneers around me. Mostly Kuro's but not all. Some people are trying to sell really old Pioneers for ridiculous prices. Somebody near me right now is trying to sell an FHD1 for 2700! The listing has been sitting there for weeks and he still hasn't budged. He calls it a Kuro in the add too... The guy I got mine from was very reliable, he has several Pioneers, Panasonics, and a Fujitsu available now. He does overprice them a bit but he's reliable and they are in very good condition usually.

I did consider getting a 60 at one point, but it would have been too heavy to get up stairs into my room and while I could probably make it fit in my room it would take a lot of space. More than I want probably. Plus I don't think my Sanus VMAA18 mount would take it. It holds 135 pounds max and Pioneers website says the 60's are around 120 and that's too close to the max for my comfort. 50 inches is good enough for me, in the past me and my family have never owned anything above 42 inch and the old Vizio LED I had before was 32 inches. I do wish Pioneer made a 55 inch Kuro because for some reason I have always wanted a 55 inch set. Just sounds like the perfect number, would be a little bigger but not too much so it wouldn't take up too much space and probably wouldn't have been much heavier. When I get my OLED next year it will be the 55 B6. In the mean time I love this.
Yeah there are a few Kuro's around me up for sale too. Makaveddie81 says we probably shouldn't pay more than $500 or $600 for one at this point. So I'm definitely not going to pay $2,700 that's for sure. LOL! I hear ya on just getting a 50" Kuro for your room. You definitely have to get the proper size for the size of the room. Can't have an 80" tv in the bedroom. It'd be too massive! LOL! Next year when you get an OLED I would recommend either the E6 or the G6. Those one's seem to have most of the kinks worked out of them. Just from what I've been reading over in the OLED threads the E6 & G6 owners seem to be very happy.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
I likely wont have the money for an E6 and especially not a G6. Maybe the 55 inch E6 isn't totally out of the question but it really depends how much it drops by say March next year and how soon I find another job. My plan is to get one when I get my taxes back next year. The 55 B6 should definitely be in my price range by that time and so far it seems it only has a little higher input lag than the rest. With lag I am usually okay with anything under 60ms because I usually only game single player by myself and don't get into competitive gaming and I rarely ever use my tv as a PC. My price limit is 2K and any more than that is pushing it for me.

The original price on my 111FD was 900 but I got it for 550. A lot of Kuro adds just sit there now. A few years ago they were selling used like crazy but I think with UHD and HDR they aren't as sought after as they were once so you should be able to find a good one at a good price.
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
I likely wont have the money for an E6 and especially not a G6. Maybe the 55 inch E6 isn't totally out of the question but it really depends how much it drops by say March next year and how soon I find another job. My plan is to get one when I get my taxes back next year. The 55 B6 should definitely be in my price range by that time and so far it seems it only has a little higher input lag than the rest. With lag I am usually okay with anything under 60ms because I usually only game single player by myself and don't get into competitive gaming and I rarely ever use my tv as a PC. My price limit is 2K and any more than that is pushing it for me.

The original price on my 111FD was 900 but I got it for 550. A lot of Kuro adds just sit there now. A few years ago they were selling used like crazy but I think with UHD and HDR they aren't as sought after as they were once so you should be able to find a good one at a good price.
Yeah it's definitely important to stick within your budget for sure. Hopefully by next March the OLED's will start to come down in price for us. I'm gonna wait a few years until the prices really start to plateau on them. Yeah $550 on a 111FD is an awesome price! Hopefully I can find a 9G or 9.5G Kuro around Christmas time that's in that range.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
The B6-G6 are all going to have similar PQ. As a G6 owner, I would suggest you go for the cheapest of the bunch if you don't care to try 3D (a big mistake, IMO) or couldn't care less about 10 ms slower input lag.
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
The B6-G6 are all going to have similar PQ. As a G6 owner, I would suggest you go for the cheapest of the bunch if you don't care to try 3D (a big mistake, IMO) or couldn't care less about 10 ms slower input lag.
What's the MS Input lag on the B6-G6 OLED's? Just curious because the ms input lag on the ZT60 is right around 40 ms when the Game Mode is on. Interesting to see how well the OLED's handle video games on a PS4, XBOX 1 or WiiU.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Yeah it's definitely important to stick within your budget for sure. Hopefully by next March the OLED's will start to come down in price for us. I'm gonna wait a few years until the prices really start to plateau on them. Yeah $550 on a 111FD is an awesome price! Hopefully I can find a 9G or 9.5G Kuro around Christmas time that's in that range.
Just pay attention to how long the listings have been sitting there. If somebody is asking higher there is a likely chance nobody is going to bother and you can talk them down. The guy I bought mine from has been selling roughly a dozen Plasma's, mostly Kuro's with Panasonic's and a Fujitsu, and he's only sold like 2 as far as I know in the last 3 months. I'm one of only 2 people who bought from him and that's why he went from asking 900 to selling for 550. If they need to get rid of it they will negotiate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
The B6-G6 are all going to have similar PQ. As a G6 owner, I would suggest you go for the cheapest of the bunch if you don't care to try 3D (a big mistake, IMO) or couldn't care less about 10 ms slower input lag.
I'll considering the C6 if it's around 2K by March next year because of the lower lag and the 3D. I still think no matter how good the 3D is on anything I will barely ever use it more than once in a blue moon but if the C6 is no more expensive than just maybe I'll get it and enjoy the 3D every now and then. The better lag matters to me a little more I guess but still isn't a big deal. I just don't know about the curved screen. I don't hate the LG curve I think if I had a 65 inch tv I would like it actually because it's so subtle (Samsung's is disgusting). For a 55 even such a subtle curve may be a distraction sometimes. There is probably a 75% chance I will get a B6 and not miss a thing. The only other thing that would motivate me to move up to a C6 or E6 would be if they have a considerably better level of quality control but so far it doesn't really seem that way. Maybe a little more time will tell.
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-06-2016, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2,818
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1630 Post(s)
Liked: 1340
^Yes, let my experience be an exhibit A in supposed better QC of the high-end models. I should have assumed nothing, as I probably could have saved some cash and just "settled" for an E6 by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
What's the MS Input lag on the B6-G6 OLED's? Just curious because the ms input lag on the ZT60 is right around 40 ms when the Game Mode is on. Interesting to see how well the OLED's handle video games on a PS4, XBOX 1 or WiiU.
They are comparable and slightly better even at 34 ms on every model except for the B6 for which there have been differing measurements. It's either 44 or 54 (supposedly a firmware update improved performance to reach the former, but I have not followed that discussion too closely).
video_analysis is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
^Yes, let my experience be an exhibit A in supposed better QC of the high-end models. I should have assumed nothing, as I probably could have saved some cash and just "settled" for an E6 by now.
Good to know I guess. I wouldn't feel too bad about getting the G6 though. I sure as hell would if I had 8 thousand to spare. How a tv looks when it's off matter to me (to an extent) and that's one reason I love my Kuro because it's so classy looking. Well unless you go too close lol... I swear sometimes I think the glossy black gets scratched by pure air. Still 95% of the time it looks awesome. The G6 pulls off the Panel on Glass and soundbar much better than the E6 imo. I wouldn't say the E6 doesn't look good but I don't think it looks as great as the G6 and that would matter to me if I had the cash.
Vader1 is online now  
Old 07-06-2016, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
^Yes, let my experience be an exhibit A in supposed better QC of the high-end models. I should have assumed nothing, as I probably could have saved some cash and just "settled" for an E6 by now.


They are comparable and slightly better even at 34 ms on every model except for the B6 for which there have been differing measurements. It's either 44 or 54 (supposedly a firmware update improved performance to reach the former, but I have not followed that discussion too closely).
34ms is really good! That's important to me since I play some video games every now and again. I hardly notice any input lag on my ZT60 at 40ms. Good to know the input lag is getting better on the newer TV's.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
Superman23 is offline  
Old 07-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 254
You know I don't even know... what's the lag on the 111FD supposed to be?
Vader1 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off