Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 485 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 517Likes
post #14521 of 14536 Unread 07-06-2016, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I think it's around 40ms also when the game mode is enabled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14522 of 14536 Unread 07-10-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Buddy any news on your green dots problem?

Ronnie
Just got back from vacation and my wife said to me last night that the tv wouldn't turn on. I walked over to it and it was blinking 3 times. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it fired up. Behaved the same after that- after it has been on for a while the green dots appear. I haven't looked up what 3 blinks means yet- but I am sort of happy it did it so I can have more of a clue than just randomly throwing parts at it.
post #14523 of 14536 Unread 07-10-2016, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Thinking out loud, isn't that the A board?
post #14524 of 14536 Unread 07-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just posted the following in the vt65 thread, seems like a similar problem, what do you think?

Guys,
I can obtain a 50vt60 for only 150 in good condition except for one problem, when turned on after 15 minutes the picture does something weird which you can see in the included picture, it apparently especially shows on skin, but when turning panel luminance to high it disappears, any idea what causes this? any fix? is this a panel problem or will it disappear when changing the board or something like that? Please if anyone knows the answer let me know asap because I have to be quick in deciding whether to buy it or not
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2016-07-11 om 21.45.16.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1540665  

Last edited by Lothbrok; 07-11-2016 at 02:27 PM.
post #14525 of 14536 Unread 07-11-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothbrok View Post
I just posted the following in the vt65 thread, seems like a similar problem, what do you think?

Guys,
I can obtain a 50vt60 for only 150 in good condition except for one problem, when turned on after 15 minutes the picture does something weird which you can see in the included picture, it apparently especially shows on skin, but when turning panel luminance to high it disappears, any idea what causes this? any fix? is this a panel problem or will it disappear when changing the board or something like that? Please if anyone knows the answer let me know asap because I have to be quick in deciding whether to buy it or not
I think it could be the Main A Board too. I highly doubt its the panel but maybe get a tech to come out and diagnose it before buying new boards and stuff. You should check out the BadCaps forum too as those dudes are repair guys and will help you diagnose the problem.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #14526 of 14536 Unread 07-12-2016, 12:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Guys,
Quite likely a board, given my limited experience with them. My zt60 had a lot of purplish noise that appeared on the screen after the set had been on for a while, kind of like image retention. Turn the set off for a while to cool down (several hours or overnight), and purplish noise gone. Rinse and repeat. (For me it was the SC board. Replacement of the board and it's almost like new again.)

(My theories are: either the SC board was bad pretty much from the start, with perhaps my UPS maybe having pushed it over the edge early on (within first 100 hours), or perhaps it was just not well manufactured and was lacking in sufficient thermal paste, causing it to fail or behave like it failed. (If I get ambitious one day, I may try replacing the thermal paste on the old board, but that would require opening up the set again to put it back in, and given it took me nearly 3 years to open it up the first time...))
Superman23 likes this.
post #14527 of 14536 Unread 07-12-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:

Guys,
Okay so I've bought the tv anyways, it's in pristine condition, only 3800 hours. I have only tested for a very short time yet but what I noticed that in the beginning the pictures looks perfect just like the advertisement said, but then after a short while problems start showing up, also at luminance high just a bit less pronounced, the thing I've noticed most up till now is sparkling red pixels on black backgrounds, from up far blacks just seem to have a red tint but from close you see the pixels sparkling, any ideas what could be the problem?
post #14528 of 14536 Unread 07-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Okay so I've bought the tv anyways, it's in pristine condition, only 3800 hours. I have only tested for a very short time yet but what I noticed that in the beginning the pictures looks perfect just like the advertisement said, but then after a short while problems start showing up, also at luminance high just a bit less pronounced, the thing I've noticed most up till now is sparkling red pixels on black backgrounds, from up far blacks just seem to have a red tint but from close you see the pixels sparkling, any ideas what could be the problem?
I've put the picture settings at default and the sparkling pixels have disappeared so those were probably caused by his picture settings but sadly I just noticed those green dots on a grey loading screen just like on the picture I've included (as far as I could see they did not seem to sparkle), anyone some other ideas on what could cause this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2016-07-11 om 21.45.16.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1542361  

Last edited by Lothbrok; 07-12-2016 at 04:01 PM.
post #14529 of 14536 Unread 07-14-2016, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Wife said it shut off again a few minutes ago and never turned back on. I walked over- 8 blinks this time. I unplugged, it came back on and has stayed on since.
post #14530 of 14536 Unread 07-15-2016, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 47
The PANASONIC VIERA TX65CZ952B OLED just dropped in price in the UK to £4,999. That's 3k down on list now.

Roy
post #14531 of 14536 Unread 07-16-2016, 08:14 AM

Wish that beautiful TV was available here in the States.
post #14532 of 14536 Unread 07-16-2016, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
While it was (a little) better than the 2015 LG's I think it's more on par with them than LG's 2016 OLED's because it uses a 2015 LG panel, the 9600 penal I believe. The 2016 LG's are probably way ahead of it like they are the other LG's. I wonder if Panasonic is ever going to make another with a newer LG panel.
post #14533 of 14536 Unread 07-16-2016, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Yeah, it's a shame Panasonic has basically fallen off the map here in the US when it comes to their top of the line models. It would be nice if they offered Oled and their high end Lcds in the US market still.
post #14534 of 14536 Unread Yesterday, 05:33 PM

There's a 65ZT up on Craigslist only about 30 minutes away right near Boston. The person says it's in perfect condition besides 2 scratches somewhere in the top right corner or something and he's asking for $1,500. It's the first time I've ever seen on around me. No way I'm getting it but I would love to see it. Thinking about recommending it to a friend of mine who has been wanting a Plasma since he saw my Kuro's but I don't know if he would be willing to spend that much on a tv. He probably could do it but I don't know if he would it would take some convincing.
post #14535 of 14536 Unread Today, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader1 View Post
There's a 65ZT up on Craigslist only about 30 minutes away right near Boston. The person says it's in perfect condition besides 2 scratches somewhere in the top right corner or something and he's asking for $1,500. It's the first time I've ever seen on around me. No way I'm getting it but I would love to see it. Thinking about recommending it to a friend of mine who has been wanting a Plasma since he saw my Kuro's but I don't know if he would be willing to spend that much on a tv. He probably could do it but I don't know if he would it would take some convincing.
Why not buy it yourself? Have some fun with it, then show it to your friend and if he doesn't want it for 1500,- sell it to someone else and make a profit on it, 1500 seems cheap to me
post #14536 of 14536 Unread Today, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Why not buy it yourself? Have some fun with it, then show it to your friend and if he doesn't want it for 1500,- sell it to someone else and make a profit on it, 1500 seems cheap to me
I would maybe consider it if I hadn't lost my job a month ago, but I can't right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread