Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 486 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 518Likes

post #14551 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Were the options to set proxy under network settings previously? All I know it's that I'm still getting loading issues with the Netflix app, post update, via Ethernet. Could be a Netflix issue, but I've never experienced it with my Roku 3, on my other set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14552 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Were the options to set proxy under network settings previously? All I know it's that I'm still getting loading issues with the Netflix app, post update, via Ethernet. Could be a Netflix issue, but I've never experienced it with my Roku 3, on my other set.
That's odd. I have been using Netflix on my ZT for the last 3 years without any problems. I have been using wireless 5GHz, and I have no trouble streaming Netflix at 1080p with the highest Netflix bitrates. My internet is 60Mbps down, 4Mbps up.

Maybe an incompatibility, or setting, between you router and the TV?
post #14553 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I feel like Neflix runs better through my PS4 then it does from my ZT60. Everything that I read states that it's better to watch Neftlix through a Blu-ray player then it is directly from the TV App.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #14554 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Kind of funny there's some kind of networking-related firmware update, after all this time. I was thinking the other day, for some reason I can't recall precisely, but probably having to do with I'm getting ready to mount the ZT on the wall finally, that I don't really have any reason to keep the tv hooked up to wired ethernet since I never use it. There's still wi-fi in a pinch, right?

Anyhow every once in a while I run across an article of how some internet connected device or other can be hacked to gain access to your network. Perhaps it's something like that, just boosting the security a bit. (In reality I have no idea what has changed, but I suppose I'll go ahead and update the firmware before doing any disconnecting.)
post #14555 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

It's nice to see that we're getting some activity again on our ZT60 thread. For a few weeks there wasn't anything and I had to hang out over in the KURO threads! LOL!

post #14556 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I feel like Neflix runs better through my PS4 then it does from my ZT60. Everything that I read states that it's better to watch Neftlix through a Blu-ray player then it is directly from the TV App.
I have never watch Netflix via the ZT APP - always through my Oppo 103D - also channels sound directly to AVR rather then relying on the ARC.
Superman23 likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #14557 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
That's odd. I have been using Netflix on my ZT for the last 3 years without any problems. I have been using wireless 5GHz, and I have no trouble streaming Netflix at 1080p with the highest Netflix bitrates. My internet is 60Mbps down, 4Mbps up.

Maybe an incompatibility, or setting, between you router and the TV?
I'm not losing any sleep. Issue is intermittent, and typically resolved by reloading the app. I'll get another Roku eventually...as soon as I can find more content on Netflix that I actually want to watch. I just found it odd that I started having this issue, which differs from the original resolution/bandwidth issue, and then new firmware is released.
post #14558 of 14559 Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Yes, that's true. There are so many different ways to get Netflix, it is on so many devices now. I have it on my TV, Roku, satellite receiver, blu-ray player, and my Western Digital media player. I just have a soundbar, so for me, I don't see much difference no matter which device I use to watch Netflix. I usually just use the TV because it is slightly more convenient.
post #14559 of 14559 Old Today, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
No, the new software will not change any of your settings. I applied the new firmware last night, and as far as I can tell, I did not see any changes to my TV.
Well I did the 2885 Software Update last night and just like everyone else did not notice any changes to the TV. I at least expected a new Home Menu layout or something! LOL! Oh well at least Panasonic checked in on us to make sure we were all right. LOL!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page