Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 486 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 519Likes

post #14551 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Were the options to set proxy under network settings previously? All I know it's that I'm still getting loading issues with the Netflix app, post update, via Ethernet. Could be a Netflix issue, but I've never experienced it with my Roku 3, on my other set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14552 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
Were the options to set proxy under network settings previously? All I know it's that I'm still getting loading issues with the Netflix app, post update, via Ethernet. Could be a Netflix issue, but I've never experienced it with my Roku 3, on my other set.
That's odd. I have been using Netflix on my ZT for the last 3 years without any problems. I have been using wireless 5GHz, and I have no trouble streaming Netflix at 1080p with the highest Netflix bitrates. My internet is 60Mbps down, 4Mbps up.

Maybe an incompatibility, or setting, between you router and the TV?
post #14553 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
I feel like Neflix runs better through my PS4 then it does from my ZT60. Everything that I read states that it's better to watch Neftlix through a Blu-ray player then it is directly from the TV App.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #14554 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Kind of funny there's some kind of networking-related firmware update, after all this time. I was thinking the other day, for some reason I can't recall precisely, but probably having to do with I'm getting ready to mount the ZT on the wall finally, that I don't really have any reason to keep the tv hooked up to wired ethernet since I never use it. There's still wi-fi in a pinch, right?

Anyhow every once in a while I run across an article of how some internet connected device or other can be hacked to gain access to your network. Perhaps it's something like that, just boosting the security a bit. (In reality I have no idea what has changed, but I suppose I'll go ahead and update the firmware before doing any disconnecting.)
post #14555 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 09:31 AM

It's nice to see that we're getting some activity again on our ZT60 thread. For a few weeks there wasn't anything and I had to hang out over in the KURO threads! LOL!

post #14556 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I feel like Neflix runs better through my PS4 then it does from my ZT60. Everything that I read states that it's better to watch Neftlix through a Blu-ray player then it is directly from the TV App.
I have never watch Netflix via the ZT APP - always through my Oppo 103D - also channels sound directly to AVR rather then relying on the ARC.
Superman23 likes this.

Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 - Oppo BDP-103D - Panasonic DMP-BDT220 - Toshiba HD-DVD-3A - OPPO DV-981HD - Harmony 880
Onkyo TX-NR809 --- Definitive Technology - Studio Monitor 65 (2) - CS8040HD - Studio Monitor 45 (2) - Super Cube 6000
post #14557 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
That's odd. I have been using Netflix on my ZT for the last 3 years without any problems. I have been using wireless 5GHz, and I have no trouble streaming Netflix at 1080p with the highest Netflix bitrates. My internet is 60Mbps down, 4Mbps up.

Maybe an incompatibility, or setting, between you router and the TV?
I'm not losing any sleep. Issue is intermittent, and typically resolved by reloading the app. I'll get another Roku eventually...as soon as I can find more content on Netflix that I actually want to watch. I just found it odd that I started having this issue, which differs from the original resolution/bandwidth issue, and then new firmware is released.
post #14558 of 14570 Old 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Yes, that's true. There are so many different ways to get Netflix, it is on so many devices now. I have it on my TV, Roku, satellite receiver, blu-ray player, and my Western Digital media player. I just have a soundbar, so for me, I don't see much difference no matter which device I use to watch Netflix. I usually just use the TV because it is slightly more convenient.
post #14559 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

Quote:
No, the new software will not change any of your settings. I applied the new firmware last night, and as far as I can tell, I did not see any changes to my TV.
Well I did the 2885 Software Update last night and just like everyone else did not notice any changes to the TV. I at least expected a new Home Menu layout or something! LOL! Oh well at least Panasonic checked in on us to make sure we were all right. LOL!

post #14560 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
BTW, if anyone figures out what 'improve network functions' actually does, please let us know!
Well, it is technical, but it involves a coat hanger, and some aluminum foil . . .
post #14561 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddTX View Post
Well, it is technical, but it involves a coat hanger, and some aluminum foil . . .
LOL! My favorite line was when B T C over in the VT60 Thread said " I just installed it. Not sure what it was, but I think it was the Infinite Blacks update. I got some kind of message along the lines of "Kuros can't hang" afterwards."
BuddTX likes this.

post #14562 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 67
It dawned on me that I never posted pics of my setup in here, so I wanted to post a few
pics. 60zt60, Def tech mythos ssa 42 and pioneer elite bdp 80fd. On the other rack Ps4, darbee dvp 5100, pioneer elite SC 81 and supercube 2000 in the corner. I'm working on organizing the wires a little bit better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469748314479-1527119545_1469748348564.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1569993   Click image for larger version

Name:	1469748364521-89333625_1469748382464.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1570001   Click image for larger version

Name:	14697483984501501432936_1469748435800.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1570009  
post #14563 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
help me!power outage, i'm out too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticDroid View Post
After a power outage my ZT60 shows no signs of power or life. I replaced the power board and sub power board to no avail, any ideas?

There are no obvious signs of internal power burns.

edit: I just found the official Panasonic won't turn on thread. Seems I can send all boards for repair. I will await any other recommendations.
hi all -

i have a 65 inch zt, have had it for two years. bought it new from best buy. i have never had any problems with it. it is plugged into a surge protector (not a cheap one).

anyway, had a really bad storm here today. power never went out, but our house shook every time there was thunder/lightning. storm was on top of us. it was bad.

all my components plugged into my surge protector survived - save one. my zt will not power on. the red light on front of tv isn't even visible - even after unplugging tv and plugging back in, trying a different outlet, etc.

i am so pissed. i love this tv. anyone have any recommendations? should i try buying a replacement av cable?

i have squaretrade for this set - and they say they are ordering a new main board and power supply - but i fear they won't be able to actually order the parts due to part availability. anyone have any idea on whether or not repair shops/companies are still able to get parts for this set? or is it just ebay where parts for this set reside now?

and opticdroid, did you ever get any help from your post? curious if you ever had any luck....

should i order a replacement av cable to try for this? is it worth a shot?

anyone else have any suggestions? ready to tear my hair out....
post #14564 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I contacted PTS electronics in regards to the set. They suggested the mainboard is the issue, based on no lights at all. I used shopjimmy for all other parts. The only available mainboard is over $500, unless I provide my old board as core part. My goal is to swap all internals and keep a spare set.

PTS can't repair the mainboard due to limited test setup. However, they can take all other boards.

I have yet to swap out anything other than power boards. The goal is to have a mainboard to only open it once more and create a backup set of parts.

The surge was via cable box. This took out ZT, PS4, and cable box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smail.nathan View Post
hi all -

i have a 65 inch zt, have had it for two years. bought it new from best buy. i have never had any problems with it. it is plugged into a surge protector (not a cheap one).

anyway, had a really bad storm here today. power never went out, but our house shook every time there was thunder/lightning. storm was on top of us. it was bad.

all my components plugged into my surge protector survived - save one. my zt will not power on. the red light on front of tv isn't even visible - even after unplugging tv and plugging back in, trying a different outlet, etc.

i am so pissed. i love this tv. anyone have any recommendations? should i try buying a replacement av cable?

i have squaretrade for this set - and they say they are ordering a new main board and power supply - but i fear they won't be able to actually order the parts due to part availability. anyone have any idea on whether or not repair shops/companies are still able to get parts for this set? or is it just ebay where parts for this set reside now?

and opticdroid, did you ever get any help from your post? curious if you ever had any luck....

should i order a replacement av cable to try for this? is it worth a shot?

anyone else have any suggestions? ready to tear my hair out....
post #14565 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 07:56 PM

With all of these power surges frying the boards in the ZT60's it makes me have little faith in power surge protectors. I would be calling the power surge protection company for some kind of compensation. I mean seriously.......mine as well just unplug the tv's from these piece of crap surge protectors and just plug them directly into the wall. From what I've seen and all of these horrible stories that I've heard these surge protectors do nothing. New Main A Boards on shop jimmy run $169. There should be one over there.
post #14566 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

screwed or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticDroid View Post
I contacted PTS electronics in regards to the set. They suggested the mainboard is the issue, based on no lights at all. I used shopjimmy for all other parts. The only available mainboard is over $500, unless I provide my old board as core part. My goal is to swap all internals and keep a spare set.

PTS can't repair the mainboard due to limited test setup. However, they can take all other boards.

I have yet to swap out anything other than power boards. The goal is to have a mainboard to only open it once more and create a backup set of parts.

The surge was via cable box. This took out ZT, PS4, and cable box.
Quote:
With all of these power surges frying the boards in the ZT60's it makes me have little faith in power surge protectors. I would be calling the power surge protection company for some kind of compensation. I mean seriously.......mine as well just unplug the tv's from these piece of crap surge protectors and just plug them directly into the wall. From what I've seen and all of these horrible stories that I've heard these surge protectors do nothing. New Main A Boards on shop jimmy run $169. There should be one over there.
so, with my squaretrade warranty, am i screwed in terms of them trying to order parts?will they be unable to do so?

anyome else with feedback/suggestions? freaking out here.
post #14567 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM

I feel you my friend but don't panic. If you read from March on in this thread you will see 3-4 different storm situations where the storm fried the Main A Board and all of them were repaired and are up and running like new. You might have to wait a little bit for Shop Jimmy to get one back in but they will. Sometimes they're on eBay too!
post #14568 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM

Quote:
I feel you my friend but don't panic. If you read from March on in this thread you will see 3-4 different storm situations where the storm fried the Main A Board and all of them were repaired and are up and running like new. You might have to wait a little bit for Shop Jimmy to get one back in but they will. Sometimes they're on eBay too!
i understand what you're saying - but if squaretrade cant get them through their channels, then i'm screwed in terms of using my expensive warranty, and their servicers who would do the repair job. i am not in physical condition required to be able to do job myself (recovering from back surgery).
post #14569 of 14570 Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I wouldn't panic just yet. Can't recall reading that legitimate repair places have had any trouble getting parts. (Has anyone?) Aside from the plasma panel itself of course. New parts are more expensive than used parts, so those without extended warranties are most likely trying to save money. (Or in my case just wanted to avoid the hassle of letting the Geeks have their way with my ZT if it could be done cheaply. I have another two years in case something more serious happens (blinking lights or not powering up at all).)
post #14570 of 14570 Old Today, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I wouldn't panic just yet. Can't recall reading that legitimate repair places have had any trouble getting parts. (Has anyone?) Aside from the plasma panel itself of course. New parts are more expensive than used parts, so those without extended warranties are most likely trying to save money. (Or in my case just wanted to avoid the hassle of letting the Geeks have their way with my ZT if it could be done cheaply. I have another two years in case something more serious happens (blinking lights or not powering up at all).)
Exactly. Square Trade has been very good about finding replacement parts for the Plasma TV's. I'm pretty confident that they'll be able to help smail.nathan with a replacement board. If not they'll probably get him a new OLED. Not for sure but they've been awesome at getting people new TV's if they can't fix the damaged one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page