Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 487 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 544Likes

post #14581 of 14772 Old 07-30-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
With all of these power surges frying the boards in the ZT60's it makes me have little faith in power surge protectors. I would be calling the power surge protection company for some kind of compensation. I mean seriously.......mine as well just unplug the tv's from these piece of crap surge protectors and just plug them directly into the wall. From what I've seen and all of these horrible stories that I've heard these surge protectors do nothing. New Main A Boards on shop jimmy run $169. There should be one over there.
It worries me with my 111FD because the town I live in gets somewhat frequent power outages. Very short ones, like a few seconds and every once in a while longer. They aren't every day or even every week necessarily but they happen a lot more than my old town and they cause power surges. A lot of times they happen early in the morning and I'm not even awake for it. I know it's happened twice so far since I got my 111FD. I have a surge protector and I always use it for everything since loosing one of my favorite Laptops I had to a surge a few years ago (didn't have it on a protector at the time) but I don't know how effective mine is honestly it's a pretty cheap one and so far nothing bad has happened to my tv or new Laptop from these surges but I wonder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14582 of 14772 Old 07-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounger17 View Post
i was also going to suggest PTS electronics, can't hurt to try.
I would also ask squaretrade for $2250, that's the replacement cost for a used 65zt60 these days.
I have an A board for a 60zt60 UD, if you like I can ask PTS if they can convert it to a UE (65zt60), from the wiring diagram. Possibly the only difference is the fan connector, but I'm not sure.
Also looks like this sold yesterday, check with the seller to see if the sale is completed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Ma...sAAOSwbsBXmkaE

david
David, the A board is what I need for my ZT60. I would PM, but I don't have enough post yet. I need TNPH1043UD.
post #14583 of 14772 Old 07-30-2016, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Quote:
Damn that sucks! Private message Lounger17. That dudes always buying and selling plasma tv's so he might have the 65" ZT60 Main A Board "UE". Shop jimmy just has it labeled incorrectly. If you click on the 60" board it's actually the UE board which is for the 65" ZT60. Keep checking other sites too.
I would also ask squaretrade for $2250, that's the replacement cost for a used 65zt60 these days.
I have an A board for a 60zt60 UD, if you like I can ask PTS if they can convert it to a UE (65zt60), from the wiring diagram. Possibly the only difference is the fan connector, but I'm not sure.
Also looks like this sold yesterday, check with the seller to see if the sale is completed.

david
See?! I knew David would have some good suggestions! There's gonna be a solution I know it. Just gotta keep looking.

post #14584 of 14772 Old 07-30-2016, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

david
i contacted the seller you referenced; no response yet.

i'm going to keep looking everywhere i can. i dont want to lose this tv.

any other suggestions you have please let me know. if you come across a board let me know; i would buy it in a heartbeat.

in terms of the board you mention (ask you asked if i was interested in) it would really just depend. will it fully work in my 65 inch zt? you mention the fan operation might be slightly different with that board. if the fan didnt work right that would be bad. i just would have to be 100 percent surethat it would work as it should in my zt.
post #14585 of 14772 Old 07-31-2016, 02:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 44
So now that my tv is (was) in peachy kean shape, finally got the urge to put it up on the wall. I'd had it on a foot high table (with some 2x4s under the legs to add another 4 or 5 inches of height), with the center speaker on the floor underneath the table. Having felt for quite some time that that was too low, a few weeks ago I moved the tv off the table, and stacked up a good number of reams of paper (5 high x 3 wide), and put the tv on top of that. And that seemed about right.

I got a center speaker stand, a monoprice tilting wall mount and a sanus cable management system to tuck all the relevant cables behind the wall and got to it yesterday. Put it all together (with only one logistical goof up - had the cables coming out above the mount rather than under - so went back and moved that, as for one thing I would have had to buy longer cabling), took off the tv stand and up went the ZT60 onto the wall.

Got a good number of smears on the screen, so wiped them all off. And as I was wiping the bottom near where the tv stand used to be, there be micro-cracks. Somewhere along the line something or other happened to stress that area. (Could have been yesterday, could have been when I stacked it on top of all that paper, or even when I replaced the SC board, those are the most likely. It's even possible it happened even earlier, but if so I never noticed it.) Anyway, Dang It!

At least they can't be seen from where I sit 10 feet or so away, but so much for everything being more or less peachy keen.

Looks really great up there all by itself. And the center speaker has finally been rescued from the floor as well (time for another Audyssey calibration session). And time to patch that extra hole in the wall (hope I can get to it without taking the tv down).
rajdawar likes this.
post #14586 of 14772 Old 07-31-2016, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticDroid View Post
David, the A board is what I need for my ZT60. I would PM, but I don't have enough post yet. I need TNPH1043UD.
Hi OpticDroid,
I plan on contacting PTS tmr, if they can convert the A board to a 65" I am going to give smail.nathan the first shot at it. If they can't convert it or he doesn't want it, I can offer it to you.
If you want it, I will still send it to them to make sure it is fully functional, and have it repaired if it isn't, before i sell it.
thanks,
david
post #14587 of 14772 Old 07-31-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hi OpticDroid,
I plan on contacting PTS tmr, if they can convert the A board to a 65" I am going to give smail.nathan the first shot at it. If they can't convert it or he doesn't want it, I can offer it to you.
If you want it, I will still send it to them to make sure it is fully functional, and have it repaired if it isn't, before i sell it.
thanks,
david
Sounds great,thank you.I contacted PTS and they claimed they don't have a working reference board, thus can't repair mine at this time.
post #14588 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
So now that my tv is (was) in peachy kean shape, finally got the urge to put it up on the wall. I'd had it on a foot high table (with some 2x4s under the legs to add another 4 or 5 inches of height), with the center speaker on the floor underneath the table. Having felt for quite some time that that was too low, a few weeks ago I moved the tv off the table, and stacked up a good number of reams of paper (5 high x 3 wide), and put the tv on top of that. And that seemed about right.

I got a center speaker stand, a monoprice tilting wall mount and a sanus cable management system to tuck all the relevant cables behind the wall and got to it yesterday. Put it all together (with only one logistical goof up - had the cables coming out above the mount rather than under - so went back and moved that, as for one thing I would have had to buy longer cabling), took off the tv stand and up went the ZT60 onto the wall.

Got a good number of smears on the screen, so wiped them all off. And as I was wiping the bottom near where the tv stand used to be, there be micro-cracks. Somewhere along the line something or other happened to stress that area. (Could have been yesterday, could have been when I stacked it on top of all that paper, or even when I replaced the SC board, those are the most likely. It's even possible it happened even earlier, but if so I never noticed it.) Anyway, Dang It!

At least they can't be seen from where I sit 10 feet or so away, but so much for everything being more or less peachy keen.

Looks really great up there all by itself. And the center speaker has finally been rescued from the floor as well (time for another Audyssey calibration session). And time to patch that extra hole in the wall (hope I can get to it without taking the tv down).
Micro-Cracks!? Oh No Buddy?! I'm betting it was when you had the back panel off and replaced the SC Board. The back panel must not have lined up correctly in the grooves in that one area when it was reinstalled. Man I'm sorry. But as long as it's not that visible you might be able to live with it. I'm sure it still puts out an awesome picture.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - Nintendo Switch - Sony PlayStation 3
post #14589 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 270
A brand new 65zt60 for sale on Ebay. Wonder how much it will fetch. I am NOT the seller.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #14590 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimoli View Post
A brand new 65zt60 for sale on Ebay. Wonder how much it will fetch. I am NOT the seller.
Probably some crazy insane number like $6,000. Most of the sellers on Ebay are just crazy ridiculous.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14591 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 101
If it sells for 6K, I think the buyer has more issues than the seller.
slimoli likes this.
post #14592 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
If it sells for 6K, I think the buyer has more issues than the seller.
LOL! Agreed!

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14593 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Micro-Cracks!? Oh No Buddy?! I'm betting it was when you had the back panel off and replaced the SC Board. The back panel must not have lined up correctly in the grooves in that one area when it was reinstalled. Man I'm sorry. But as long as it's not that visible you might be able to live with it. I'm sure it still puts out an awesome picture.
Could be. I was paying more attention to the top than the bottom while doing the SC board, but everything seemed okay at the time (perhaps it wasn't though, like you suggest). But... I could have lucked out that first time, and just messed it up this last time when removing the stand by taking off and putting back on the plastic piece (maybe I didn't need to take it off? maybe the back got dislodged slightly enough when that piece was off and I removed the stand?).

I'm now most inclined to think I did it the other day. So I should take another look at the back in the stand area and correct it if possible so the cracks won't want to spread any more... Tonight when I have another pair of hands again. Heavy sigh.
post #14594 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Could be. I was paying more attention to the top than the bottom while doing the SC board, but everything seemed okay at the time (perhaps it wasn't though, like you suggest). But... I could have lucked out that first time, and just messed it up this last time when removing the stand by taking off and putting back on the plastic piece (maybe I didn't need to take it off? maybe the back got dislodged slightly enough when that piece was off and I removed the stand?).

I'm now most inclined to think I did it the other day. So I should take another look at the back in the stand area and correct it if possible so the cracks won't want to spread any more... Tonight when I have another pair of hands again. Heavy sigh.
Geeze what a bummer! I hope it's not too noticeable when watching TV though. Keep us posted when you find out for sure when you reexamine it.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14595 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Geeze what a bummer! I hope it's not too noticeable when watching TV though. Keep us posted when you find out for sure when you reexamine it.
Totally unnoticeable while watching tv, thankfully. Would like to keep it that way. Let you know what I find out, if anything.
post #14596 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Liked: 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by smail.nathan View Post
i do not want a replacement. i am furious. and no, they didn't offer me an oled as the replacement, which i still honestly wouldn't even want
Just curious as to the aversion, and is there any reason they won't offer you a partial refund? This is what has me thinking twice about getting a SquareTrade warranty on my current OLED.
post #14597 of 14772 Old 08-01-2016, 08:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 132
If anyone is looking for a 65" ZT60 in or around New Jersey PM me.

Sony XBR75X940C
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
LG65E6 OLED

FS: TC Sounds LMS R 15 Pair
post #14598 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If I'm looking at the same auction, the bid is now just over 2K with approximately 13 hours left.
post #14599 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
With just over 8 hours remaining, the bid has breached 3K.
post #14600 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T C View Post
With just over 8 hours remaining, the bid has breached 3K.
Unreal! I can't believe it!? $3,000 is way too much for a ZT60 today.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14601 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It's up 200+ bucks since the last time I posted. I'm finding the auction very interesting.

There was a used 55" VT60 that I believe recently sold for $2200. I must have looked at it at some point and eBay started sending me email reminders. The last time I checked I believe the site indicated it sold for that price. I was really surprised. I have a 55" VT60 sitting in my floor that I'm not even using. If I could get $2200 for it, I think I would turn it loose.
post #14602 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I love my 65ZT60 but I agree. It's crazy ! You can buy an OLED 4K with this money.

post #14603 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Here's one that. already. sold. for $6500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Panasoni...YAAOSwr7ZW6d2V
post #14604 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Yeah, that's crazy!! It's at $3300 with 4hrs to go! Needless to say, I will be watching this to see where it ends up.
post #14605 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

US$3601.00 Hard to believe!

post #14606 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I know. That's almost a 2016 65 inch Oled with the current pricing.
post #14607 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

You can get the OLED65C6P cheaper than that from at least 2 online sellers.

post #14608 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Just curious as to the aversion, and is there any reason they won't offer you a partial refund? This is what has me thinking twice about getting a SquareTrade warranty on my current OLED.
they say they dont do partial refunds or refunds anymore. its either fix (which they say is impossible due to lack of parts to be ordered) or replacement. they will not cut a check for purchase price of tv anymore. their "experts" will determine a similar specced tv and send it to you.

a vizio 4k led is not equal. going from a panny zt 65 inch to a vizio led? no thanks.
post #14609 of 14772 Old 08-02-2016, 10:15 PM

Guide to replacing the main board in my ZT60

all right all, i've posted already in the past week about my journey tryimg to get squaretrade to fix my zt60 that fried in a power surge.

already posted - squaretrade can no longer order parts for these tvs, which sucks.

so, i was left with finding a main board for it on my own. i finally found one on ebay the other day, and its scheduled to arrive on thursday per fed ex tracking.

so, i'm scared about getting it off my wall mount (its a heavy beast and i recently had back surgery). i need to recruit some neighbors to help somehow.

Well, im scared to death about actual repair process. again, tv is not on its stand anymore. i was planning on carrying tv to my garage area where i have actual space to set it down for repair.

of course, i am going to put blankets and soft layers for it to rest on.

is it receommended to sit the tv on its front/screen side to remove back panel and do repairs? or will tv sit on ground in normal orientation, even without the stand on?

second, what tools do i need? anything special?

third, any other special instructions for removing the panel, removing and installing the new main board, and then getting the back panel back on?

how do i avoid the dreaded microfractures just about everyone seems to get when removing/installing the back panel?

any help/guidance to this nervous do it yourselfer would be much appreciated.
post #14610 of 14772 Old 08-03-2016, 04:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smail.nathan View Post
all right all, i've posted already in the past week about my journey tryimg to get squaretrade to fix my zt60 that fried in a power surge.

already posted - squaretrade can no longer order parts for these tvs, which sucks.

so, i was left with finding a main board for it on my own. i finally found one on ebay the other day, and its scheduled to arrive on thursday per fed ex tracking.

so, i'm scared about getting it off my wall mount (its a heavy beast and i recently had back surgery). i need to recruit some neighbors to help somehow.

Well, im scared to death about actual repair process. again, tv is not on its stand anymore. i was planning on carrying tv to my garage area where i have actual space to set it down for repair.

of course, i am going to put blankets and soft layers for it to rest on.

is it receommended to sit the tv on its front/screen side to remove back panel and do repairs? or will tv sit on ground in normal orientation, even without the stand on?

second, what tools do i need? anything special?

third, any other special instructions for removing the panel, removing and installing the new main board, and then getting the back panel back on?

how do i avoid the dreaded microfractures just about everyone seems to get when removing/installing the back panel?

any help/guidance to this nervous do it yourselfer would be much appreciated.
You will want to read this thread regarding the issue with micro-fractures if the back panel is not installed correctly. There is a link to a service bulletin from Panasonic regarding the issue, and maybe some other stuff. If your TV doesn't have the foam fix for fan noise, that may be something you want to pursue while you are replacing your board/s. A forum search should easily turn up the relevant thread.

The ZT60 microfracture case log and discussion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page