Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 487 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 519Likes

post #14581 of 14585 Old Today, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Damn that sucks! Private message Lounger17. That dudes always buying and selling plasma tv's so he might have the 65" ZT60 Main A Board "UE". Shop jimmy just has it labeled incorrectly. If you click on the 60" board it's actually the UE board which is for the 65" ZT60. Keep checking other sites too.
i was also going to suggest PTS electronics, can't hurt to try.
I would also ask squaretrade for $2250, that's the replacement cost for a used 65zt60 these days.
I have an A board for a 60zt60 UD, if you like I can ask PTS if they can convert it to a UE (65zt60), from the wiring diagram. Possibly the only difference is the fan connector, but I'm not sure.
Also looks like this sold yesterday, check with the seller to see if the sale is completed.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-Ma...sAAOSwbsBXmkaE

david
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14582 of 14585 Old Today, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
With all of these power surges frying the boards in the ZT60's it makes me have little faith in power surge protectors. I would be calling the power surge protection company for some kind of compensation. I mean seriously.......mine as well just unplug the tv's from these piece of crap surge protectors and just plug them directly into the wall. From what I've seen and all of these horrible stories that I've heard these surge protectors do nothing. New Main A Boards on shop jimmy run $169. There should be one over there.
It worries me with my 111FD because the town I live in gets somewhat frequent power outages. Very short ones, like a few seconds and every once in a while longer. They aren't every day or even every week necessarily but they happen a lot more than my old town and they cause power surges. A lot of times they happen early in the morning and I'm not even awake for it. I know it's happened twice so far since I got my 111FD. I have a surge protector and I always use it for everything since loosing one of my favorite Laptops I had to a surge a few years ago (didn't have it on a protector at the time) but I don't know how effective mine is honestly it's a pretty cheap one and so far nothing bad has happened to my tv or new Laptop from these surges but I wonder
post #14583 of 14585 Old Today, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounger17 View Post
I would also ask squaretrade for $2250, that's the replacement cost for a used 65zt60 these days.
I have an A board for a 60zt60 UD, if you like I can ask PTS if they can convert it to a UE (65zt60), from the wiring diagram. Possibly the only difference is the fan connector, but I'm not sure.
Also looks like this sold yesterday, check with the seller to see if the sale is completed.

david
David, the A board is what I need for my ZT60. I would PM, but I don't have enough post yet. I need TNPH1043UD.
post #14584 of 14585 Old Today, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Quote:
Damn that sucks! Private message Lounger17. That dudes always buying and selling plasma tv's so he might have the 65" ZT60 Main A Board "UE". Shop jimmy just has it labeled incorrectly. If you click on the 60" board it's actually the UE board which is for the 65" ZT60. Keep checking other sites too.

david
See?! I knew David would have some good suggestions! There's gonna be a solution I know it. Just gotta keep looking.
post #14585 of 14585 Old Today, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

david
i contacted the seller you referenced; no response yet.

i'm going to keep looking everywhere i can. i dont want to lose this tv.

any other suggestions you have please let me know. if you come across a board let me know; i would buy it in a heartbeat.

in terms of the board you mention (ask you asked if i was interested in) it would really just depend. will it fully work in my 65 inch zt? you mention the fan operation might be slightly different with that board. if the fan didnt work right that would be bad. i just would have to be 100 percent surethat it would work as it should in my zt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page