Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 490 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 528Likes
post #14671 of 14677 Unread 08-17-2016, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post
A week ago I picked up a 65 inch B6 OLED. Guy at Best Buy told me to stay with my ZT 60. Lol. Well overall I'm impressed. The contrast ratio is better, blacks are dead black, it can go brighter, and out of box color is better than the THX modes on the ZT. Motion handing is a weak point. Without motion smoothing it shows worse 1080 24 judder than the ZT. I do like the 5 inches extra size and the ability to look better in a bright room. So I think I'll be stupid and keep it, even though the ZT is still a great set. I am a new tech junkie, and it's been almost 3 years..lol

So that said I think I'll sell the ZT. Purchased new from Amazon Sept 20, 2013. Calibrated by ChadB about 3 weeks later. It shows about 1400 hours on the clock, has never been cracked open for repairs, no logo burn in due to me being anal about it, and is in perfect shape with a square trade warranty good till late September 2017. To be honest though not hearing great things about Square Trade. Anyone interested? I'm thinking around 1500 is fair. It's in Indianapolis, IN. Local pickup only.
I've considered doing what you did a few times and I just can't bring myself to do it. I know Oled pushes the envelope a little further, but I'm too satisfied with my ZT. I looked at the C6 and E6. Where did you purchase your Oled from?
Superman23 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14672 of 14677 Unread 08-17-2016, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
I've considered doing what you did a few times and I just can't bring myself to do it. I know Oled pushes the envelope a little further, but I'm too satisfied with my ZT. I looked at the C6 and E6. Where did you purchase your Oled from?
Bought it at Best Buy when they were on sale last week. Been running it side by side with the ZT. It's definitely superior to the ZT overall. In normal lighting it's brighter and holds black better. In a dark room, the absolute black is striking. I notched the tint control to plus 4 green and the colors are incredibly close to matching the calibrated ZT. The LG requires a bit of motion smoothing though. Film judder is more noticeable on it, partly due to it being bigger. I'm glad to know there is now a worthy successor to our plasma, as I find LCD sets have way too many issues for my taste. The OLED is more like a closer to perfect plasma. Now if they actually hold up over time.
Sonyboy, cockatiel and Superman23 like this.
post #14673 of 14677 Unread 08-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Good to hear you are enjoying it so far! I bet it is very impressive in a dark room.
post #14674 of 14677 Unread 08-17-2016, 09:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post
After now setting the ZT up next to the OLED, I am happy with its motion judder vs the plasma. Judder at 2 makes it on par with the plasma. The big reason I notice it more on the OLED is the bigger screen size. 1080 24 judders a lot, and the bigger the screen the more you notice it, assuming equal distance to screen.
Yes, I had the 65" ZT60 so I already went through the size shock. The motion might take some tinkering from one source to the next, but you can get a pretty equitable motion performance with a little effort. The zero blacks (no more phosphor glow), lower power consumption (and subsequent diminished room heating, which is important in the desert), and IR resistance are heavenly. The only caveat on my set is a slight uniformity anomaly that puts it one step below the ZT60. As Superman23 has stated, though, even his ZT60 has its own patch of DSE, so the stars have to be aligned just right to get that (near) perfect panel.
post #14675 of 14677 Unread 08-18-2016, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Yes, I had the 65" ZT60 so I already went through the size shock. The motion might take some tinkering from one source to the next, but you can get a pretty equitable motion performance with a little effort. The zero blacks (no more phosphor glow), lower power consumption (and subsequent diminished room heating, which is important in the desert), and IR resistance are heavenly. The only caveat on my set is a slight uniformity anomaly that puts it one step below the ZT60. As Superman23 has stated, though, even his ZT60 has its own patch of DSE, so the stars have to be aligned just right to get that (near) perfect panel.
Very true Video! Sometimes it's like a crap shoot getting that perfect screen that has a 100% uniformity! LOL! I was upset about it for a while but now I'm kinda like..........oh well eventually I'm going to get an OLED anyways.

Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
PlayStation 4 - PlayStation 3 - Nintendo WiiU
post #14676 of 14677 Unread Today, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
I have a ZT60 that I purchased used in November 2014 complete in box. Compared to the LG OLED how much better is it? They seem very expensive to purchase the OLED. When comparing these 2 side by side is there a major difference (WOW factor)?
post #14677 of 14677 Unread Today, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1469 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Yes, zero blacks give you an image with a more 3-dimensional look. It makes for a more striking image when you have both dark and brighter content on screen It is very expensive (a G6, so you can save a bundle with a B6), but I am hoping to get 5 years of satisfaction out of it. I didn't compare this one side-by-side with a ZT60 but did so with an 55EA9800 (first LG OLED) in 2014, and the contrast differences were even apparent then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread