Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 492 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 536Likes

post #14731 of 14746 Old 02-19-2017, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
HDMI 2 is the only HDMI input that supports ARC.
I suggest trying the tv's optical out connection to get surround sound.
Thanks for your advice! I have only a 2-channel stereo, so surround isn’t a concern. I knew that HDMI-2 is the only HDMI audio return connection, but when I posted my question it only seemed to work on the TV's apps, not on the Roku connected to the HDMI-1 or 3 input of the TV. Anyway, I solved the problem as stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Have you tried plugging the Roku into the back of the Oppo? It's what I do to overcome some of the limitations of my setup.
That sounds like a more straightforward solution! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14732 of 14746 Old 02-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hello everyone,

Some ZT owners here have moved on to OLED panels and I'm happy for you. But I wanted to ask for those that have put on thousands and thousands of hours on their ZT how is your panel doing? Are you still happy with the picture quality that the ZT puts out?

Its interesting and has been well documented that Kuro panels that have seen a lot of mileage have now developed red tint issues. I wonder, if anything, what will happen with our ZT's as they stand the test of time with lots of usage.

Continue to enjoy your ZT's. I am.

Take care.
post #14733 of 14746 Old 02-20-2017, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Hello everyone,

Some ZT owners here have moved on to OLED panels and I'm happy for you. But I wanted to ask for those that have put on thousands and thousands of hours on their ZT how is your panel doing? Are you still happy with the picture quality that the ZT puts out?

Its interesting and has been well documented that Kuro panels that have seen a lot of mileage have now developed red tint issues. I wonder, if anything, what will happen with our ZT's as they stand the test of time with lots of usage.

Take care.
I am still very satisfied with the PQ of my ZT60. I have an EG9100 OLED as a second screen, and even though I can see the large difference in native contrast between the two, the ZT still does better with near black detail. I haven't had my panel calibrated since 2014, so I am sure it needs to be recalibrated at this point, but based on eyes only the colors still look very natural. I have posted that my panel does seem to be a bit more susceptible to IR as it has aged, but it is not a big deal and it is not noticeable during most regular viewing situations. Also, the IR susceptibility seems to vary quite a bit between panels and/or users so YMMV.
Edllguy likes this.

Yup, I got stuff...
Panasonic 60ZT60, LG 55EG9100
Pioneer Elite SC-87, Oppo BDP-103D, PSB Synchrony two mains, center and surrounds.
XBox One

post #14734 of 14746 Old 02-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Hello everyone,

Take care.
Still loving my ZT60. I just moved and the ZT made it unharmed thank goodness. I just purchased a 55E6P oled for the bedroom and it is a stunning television. It's mind blowing to turn the lights out and see what this thing can do. Having said that, the reason I bought it as a bedroom set was to scratch the oled itch I've had but have been unwilling to part with my ZT60. I think the ZT is about as good as it gets for most content. It doesn't match the contrast of the Oled, but it still puts out a stunning picture. I have no plans to part with mine anytime soon. I haven't hit the 4,000 hr mark yet, but I'm almost there.
post #14735 of 14746 Old 02-20-2017, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 20
i had a zt for 7000 hours the picture still wowed me ,i did a comparison of a zt60 ,krp 500m ,and oled e6p, black levels , oled > kuro>zt .wow factor same order , the zt had the best movie looking picture if that makes sense. motion zt>kuro>oled , the zt was the only pro calibrated set ,the kuro has voltage tweaks, for maybe a click off of oled black levels.the oled has not been calibrated yet.the oled is the best all around tv with HDR ,4k and all that stuff .kuro is a mix of both ,but i will say if it was just for movies in a dark room the zt wins ,get a backlight and the blacks looks oled like. but the zt does have the worst short term image retention of the 3 as it ages .
Edllguy and Sonyboy like this.
post #14736 of 14746 Old 02-24-2017, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2568 Post(s)
Liked: 2100
I'm totally opposed to bias lighting, so the slightly lesser motion is a fair tradeoff for zero blacks. The new Sony might be what some of you seek if you can't dial in the OLED motion.
post #14737 of 14746 Old 02-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 135
My 60" ZT is up to 6300 hours. My ZT suffers from IR more than any Panasonic plasma tv I've owned, and this my forth since 2005. I have some IR that is really difficult to get rid of (channel logo on right lower corner). But since I've quit watching a show during the weekdays, it's slowly going away. But it's taking months. Overall, I like this TV and don't regret buying it.
post #14738 of 14746 Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Brand new 60 inch ZT60 in unopened box for 1400, good deal or not?
post #14739 of 14746 Old 03-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothbrok View Post
If it is new in box, that is a very good deal!!
post #14740 of 14746 Old 03-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
If it is new in box, that is a very good deal!!
I would agree.
post #14741 of 14746 Old 03-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothbrok View Post
Absolutely. But confirm the hours after you open the box and that you have an option to return TV if its not brand new.
post #14742 of 14746 Old Today, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Hello Fellow ZT60 Owners! About a month ago I decided to upgrade to a new LG OLED 65" B6 and am loving it. Though I still love my ZT60, I'm thinking of selling it. Is there still a market for this TV? Or should I not waste my time and find another room to display it in? Also what rout do you guys recommend if I do decide to sell it? AVS Classifieds, EBAY, Craigslist?............Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic Viera TC-P65ZT60 (Calibrated by Chad B)
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - Nintendo Switch - Sony PlayStation 3
post #14743 of 14746 Old Today, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Hello Fellow ZT60 Owners! About a month ago I decided to upgrade to a new LG OLED 65" B6 and am loving it. Though I still love my ZT60, I'm thinking of selling it. Is there still a market for this TV? Or should I not waste my time and find another room to display it in? Also what rout do you guys recommend if I do decide to sell it? AVS Classifieds, EBAY, Craigslist?............Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
FWIW I am selling one on ebay for $1850, and I would pay $1250 for another one. That's just me
Superman23 likes this.
post #14744 of 14746 Old Today, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
I take it you prefer the OLED?

How many hours are on your ZT60?
post #14745 of 14746 Old Today, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 79
[QUOTE=B T C;51754081]I take it you prefer the OLED?

How many hours are on your ZT60?[/QUOTE
Yeah OLED is sweet! I have around 5,000 hours on my ZT60. I stil love the ZT60 as it's an amazing TV.
post #14746 of 14746 Old Today, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 64
You might check around various classified forums and see what comparative zt!s are selling for and post it there. The avs classifieds are very productive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page