Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 493 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 544Likes

post #14761 of 14788 Old 04-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Here is a link to a microfracture thread. The first post contains a link to a Panasonic service bulletin regarding back panel installation.

The ZT60 microfracture case log and discussion
Superman23 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14762 of 14788 Old 04-10-2017, 05:05 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thank you BTC. I'll definitely show this to the repairman.
Superman23 likes this.
post #14763 of 14788 Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 65
What part is most likely to fail on my 65inch ZT60? Is it the so called SC board (what is that?) or the power supply?

For my Kuro I bought a used backup power supply board from shopjimmy.com just in case as I love my Kuro and now I want to extend that love to my ZT.

OLED is great but I can wait many generations as I'm a patient guy.

Thanks

post #14764 of 14788 Old 04-10-2017, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
What part is most likely to fail on my 65inch ZT60? Is it the so called SC board (what is that?) or the power supply?

For my Kuro I bought a used backup power supply board from shopjimmy.com just in case as I love my Kuro and now I want to extend that love to my ZT.

Thanks
The board in my experience. Hope it helps.

- Simon
Edllguy likes this.
post #14765 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post

Thanks
Yep the main A Board. TXN/A1UUUUS (TNPH1043UE) for the 65" and TXN/A1UVUUS (TNPH1043UD) for the 60".
Edllguy likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - Nintendo Switch - Sony PlayStation 3
post #14766 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM

Liked: 10
Alright guys - Bestbuy is giving me $2399 to replace my ZT 65"... suggestions on what I should get for my replacement now?

Last edited by moyn; 04-11-2017 at 07:01 PM.
post #14767 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyn View Post
Alright guys - Bestbuy is giving me $2399 to replace my ZT 65"... suggestions on what I should get for my replacement now?
First choice would be an Oled, but it doesn't look like they are on sale right now. If you aren't willing to pay out of pocket in addition to your credit I would look at the Sony 65x900e.
post #14768 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 07:05 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
First choice would be an Oled, but it doesn't look like they are on sale right now. If you aren't willing to pay out of pocket in addition to your credit I would look at the Sony 65x900e.
I'm def leaning towards the OLED. just haven't decided on which model.
I'm also hoping they work with me on price, as when they sold me the warranty (and says on their website) it says they will replace with a product that is as comparable to the broken product. and since there is nothing on the market that compares in blacks and refresh right, i'm hoping they do something for me
post #14769 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm def leaning towards the OLED. just haven't decided on which model.
I'm also hoping they work with me on price, as when they sold me the warranty (and says on their website) it says they will replace with a product that is as comparable to the broken product. and since there is nothing on the market that compares in blacks and refresh right, i'm hoping they do something for me
That sounds like a good plan of action. I'm surprised they don't have the 2016 Oleds priced more aggressively to flush out inventory right now. Keep us posted, good luck!!
post #14770 of 14788 Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I went from the ZT60 to an LG OLED B6 and couldn't be happier. I would take the $2,399 and then pay out of pocket the extra $1,100. You could always finance the difference at Best Buy. Head on over to the b6 / c6 thread and check out the positive reviews.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14771 of 14788 Old 04-15-2017, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just experienced an issue with my ZT60. The HDMI 1 pop up would come on the screen every 10 seconds or so. I'm watching an NBA game through my Apple TV. It was annoying so I switched the Apple TV to HDMI 3. It worked for a couple of minutes and then the TV switched back to HDMI 1.

I'm stuck I did search the forum and didn't find anything specific to my issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing the issue and a fix?
post #14772 of 14788 Old 04-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJr81 View Post
I just experienced an issue with my ZT60. The HDMI 1 pop up would come on the screen every 10 seconds or so. I'm watching an NBA game through my Apple TV. It was annoying so I switched the Apple TV to HDMI 3. It worked for a couple of minutes and then the TV switched back to HDMI 1.

I'm stuck I did search the forum and didn't find anything specific to my issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing the issue and a fix?
I would suggest checking all HDMI settings on your ZT first, then check your Apple TV settings. Lastly, is there something in the HDMI chain such as receiver. Then check your HDMI handshake settings in your receiver. I find it's usually because of a loose HDMI cable or you accidentally toggled something in the receiver setup menu. Let us know the outcome.

All the best.

Edit: The more I think about it I'm leaning towards a loose HDMI cable. Did you move around your equipment lately. Do you have a pet that could of jostled a cable?

Last edited by Edllguy; 04-16-2017 at 02:47 PM.
post #14773 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 07:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking for help finding the A board on 65ZT60

Hello all, it's been a VERY long time since I've posted on these forums but I've fallen on some trouble with my beloved 65ZT60. I bought this TV almost 4 years ago based on the recommendations of this forum and have been loving it since. A couple of days ago we had a lightning strike hit a tree behind our house and despite the TV and entertainment center all being on multiple surge protectors and UPS most things were killed. The TV came out least damaged and only suffered a minor pop to the A board. I lost the HDMI inputs but everything else seems to work fine. I have spoken with a number of repair shops around the country and get the same story yep that board is bad and nope they have none in stock nor can they fix it because they don't have a test unit. I've also tried all the usual outlets I can think of online for new or used parts to no avail.

Does anyone know of any options for getting a replacement A board? Anyone have one for sale on these forums by chance? I missed on on eBay literally by 90 minutes but there are no others for ZT's on eBay (I even checked other countries eBay too).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve
post #14774 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Have you tried (what seems to be) the official Panasonic parts store, panasonic.encompass.com? It's not cheap, but odds are pretty good they may be able to get you one sooner or later. I just checked, and it does seem they are out of stock too for the time being (if this is the correct board, that is...)
post #14775 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosteve View Post
Hello all, it's been a VERY long time since I've posted on these forums but I've fallen on some trouble with my beloved 65ZT60. I bought this TV almost 4 years ago based on the recommendations of this forum and have been loving it since. A couple of days ago we had a lightning strike hit a tree behind our house and despite the TV and entertainment center all being on multiple surge protectors and UPS most things were killed. The TV came out least damaged and only suffered a minor pop to the A board. I lost the HDMI inputs but everything else seems to work fine. I have spoken with a number of repair shops around the country and get the same story yep that board is bad and nope they have none in stock nor can they fix it because they don't have a test unit. I've also tried all the usual outlets I can think of online for new or used parts to no avail.

Does anyone know of any options for getting a replacement A board? Anyone have one for sale on these forums by chance? I missed on on eBay literally by 90 minutes but there are no others for ZT's on eBay (I even checked other countries eBay too).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Steve
sorry to hear that, i know they are hard to come by.
FWIW, I had a P65ZT60 that had lightning hit the main board through the HDMI or cable. The owner mistakenly replaced the board with the P65VT60 board. The difference was that fan connector is for 2 fans not 3. And there was no sound from internal speakers. But the sound was functioning through external speakers, through a tuner. I bought the correct board and sold the TV. I still have the VT board TNPH1043UC, you need TNPH1043UE.
If you want to use it until a ZT board becomes avail let me know. Then you can send it back to me.
post #14776 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lounger17 View Post
sorry to hear that, i know they are hard to come by.
FWIW, I had a P65ZT60 that had lightning hit the main board through the HDMI or cable. The owner mistakenly replaced the board with the P65VT60 board. The difference was that fan connector is for 2 fans not 3. And there was no sound from internal speakers. But the sound was functioning through external speakers, through a tuner. I bought the correct board and sold the TV. I still have the VT board TNPH1043UC, you need TNPH1043UE.
If you want to use it until a ZT board becomes avail let me know. Then you can send it back to me.
Wow I appreciate the offer, since my TV works like normal just no HDMI I don't think I'll need to take you up on it. I'm running the components right now and the sound through my stereo. Watching the STB for my family shouldn't be any different, they just won't be able to switch inputs to the HDMI items like AppleTV & Playstation.

I've been scouring the web more this morning and still coming up dry so I guess it'll be a waiting game for now until one comes up.

I'm considering the route of sending the TV and board to a shop in TX that after a long call yesterday felt he could fix it but had no means of testing the fix. Maybe I'll see if I can find a board that already has a problem with the HDMI and pick it up cheap to send him. That way he could fix it and I'll try it with minimal out of pocket.
post #14777 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 6
keep your eye out, the one i found was on Amazon, $229.
They do become available every once in a while. Cracked panels usually.
good luck
dave

one more thing, you may want to check badcaps, those guys may have an idea on fixing your board
post #14778 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I think the brand new part from Panasonic direct would be about $310, if I understand correctly this would be the final cost after returning the bad board. But that probably doesn't satisfy your urge to do it on the cheap. (And then add in shipping costs.)
post #14779 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Dang it that stinks! Shop Jimmy is a good place to check also. I just checked and no ZT60 boards available on there at this time. Keep an eye out though.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14780 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I think the brand new part from Panasonic direct would be about $310, if I understand correctly this would be the final cost after returning the bad board. But that probably doesn't satisfy your urge to do it on the cheap. (And then add in shipping costs.)
That is well within my idea of acceptable cost wise for a new unit but I think the problem with them is that they are no longer showing them available. If your seeing otherwise somewhere else please for let me know
post #14781 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is well within my idea of acceptable cost wise for a new unit but I think the problem with them is that they are no longer showing them available. If your seeing otherwise somewhere else please for let me know
Out of stock but expected within 30 days is my, perhaps optimistic, reading of it. Here's a more specific link. (Verify, maybe call them or email them for how it all works (with that Core Price part of it), and whether they will get more in stock.) It seems like you can still order it, though all I did was put it in their cart.
post #14782 of 14788 Old 04-26-2017, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Doesn't look like anybody is fixing them either. Not a common failure part so there is no market. Message Ebay seller oleg_yj and see if he can fix it. He's very good.
post #14783 of 14788 Old 04-27-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
Doesn't look like anybody is fixing them either. Not a common failure part so there is no market. Message Ebay seller oleg_yj and see if he can fix it. He's very good.
I will do, thanks for the suggestion.
post #14784 of 14788 Old 04-27-2017, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 84
@turbosteve : This place can also repair boards. You can contact them to be sure. They do stock some boards and you can use the search box to check.

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/tv-...ir-and-return/
post #14785 of 14788 Old Yesterday, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipit View Post
@turbosteve : This place can also repair boards. You can contact them to be sure. They do stock some boards and you can use the search box to check.

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/tv-...ir-and-return/
Thanks, I did try them and spoke with a nice lady there. Like many other places they don't have the 65ZT60 to test the repairs on so they weren't willing to risk a repair without being able to test it first.
post #14786 of 14788 Old Yesterday, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
For anyone reading in on this thread later with the same problem, I did send a message to this eBay user and he said that he is unable to repair the board because he does not have a unit to test the boards on.
post #14787 of 14788 Old Yesterday, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
For anyone reading in on this thread later with the same problem, I did send a message to this eBay user and he said that he is unable to repair the board because he does not have a unit to test the boards on.
That stinks? I wonder if you could just talk to them and see if they could eye ball it and if it's an obvious easy fix then just try to repair it without a ZT60. Otherwise you'll have to drive your ZT60 to one of them so they have a unit to test it on. Or do like I did and upgrade to a LG OLED B6.

LG OLED 65B6P
post #14788 of 14788 Old Today, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone use bias lighting with their ZT60? I recently moved in with my fiance and I'm not happy with the glare the lamps give in the living room. I think bias lighting will be appropriate for movie watching. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread