Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 493 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 544Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14761 of 14772 Old 04-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
B T C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lansing, MI via Kentucky, Georgia & Tennessee
Posts: 552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Here is a link to a microfracture thread. The first post contains a link to a Panasonic service bulletin regarding back panel installation.

The ZT60 microfracture case log and discussion
Superman23 likes this.
B T C is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14762 of 14772 Old 04-10-2017, 05:05 AM
Member
 
capsmvp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thank you BTC. I'll definitely show this to the repairman.
Superman23 likes this.
capsmvp is offline  
post #14763 of 14772 Old 04-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Edllguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 65
What part is most likely to fail on my 65inch ZT60? Is it the so called SC board (what is that?) or the power supply?

For my Kuro I bought a used backup power supply board from shopjimmy.com just in case as I love my Kuro and now I want to extend that love to my ZT.

OLED is great but I can wait many generations as I'm a patient guy.

Thanks
Edllguy is online now  
 
post #14764 of 14772 Old 04-10-2017, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Simon R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: New York USA
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
What part is most likely to fail on my 65inch ZT60? Is it the so called SC board (what is that?) or the power supply?

For my Kuro I bought a used backup power supply board from shopjimmy.com just in case as I love my Kuro and now I want to extend that love to my ZT.

OLED is great but I can wait many generations as I'm a patient guy.

Thanks
The board in my experience. Hope it helps.

- Simon
Edllguy likes this.
Simon R. is offline  
post #14765 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 714
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
What part is most likely to fail on my 65inch ZT60? Is it the so called SC board (what is that?) or the power supply?

For my Kuro I bought a used backup power supply board from shopjimmy.com just in case as I love my Kuro and now I want to extend that love to my ZT.

OLED is great but I can wait many generations as I'm a patient guy.

Thanks
Yep the main A Board. TXN/A1UUUUS (TNPH1043UE) for the 65" and TXN/A1UVUUS (TNPH1043UD) for the 60".
Edllguy likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - Nintendo Switch - Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14766 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Newbie
 
moyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright guys - Bestbuy is giving me $2399 to replace my ZT 65"... suggestions on what I should get for my replacement now?

Last edited by moyn; 04-11-2017 at 07:01 PM.
moyn is offline  
post #14767 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyn View Post
Alright guys - Bestbuy is giving me $2399 to replace my ZT 65"... suggestions on what I should get for my replacement now?
First choice would be an Oled, but it doesn't look like they are on sale right now. If you aren't willing to pay out of pocket in addition to your credit I would look at the Sony 65x900e.
Sonyboy is online now  
post #14768 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Newbie
 
moyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
First choice would be an Oled, but it doesn't look like they are on sale right now. If you aren't willing to pay out of pocket in addition to your credit I would look at the Sony 65x900e.
I'm def leaning towards the OLED. just haven't decided on which model.
I'm also hoping they work with me on price, as when they sold me the warranty (and says on their website) it says they will replace with a product that is as comparable to the broken product. and since there is nothing on the market that compares in blacks and refresh right, i'm hoping they do something for me
moyn is offline  
post #14769 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyn View Post
I'm def leaning towards the OLED. just haven't decided on which model.
I'm also hoping they work with me on price, as when they sold me the warranty (and says on their website) it says they will replace with a product that is as comparable to the broken product. and since there is nothing on the market that compares in blacks and refresh right, i'm hoping they do something for me
That sounds like a good plan of action. I'm surprised they don't have the 2016 Oleds priced more aggressively to flush out inventory right now. Keep us posted, good luck!!
Sonyboy is online now  
post #14770 of 14772 Old 04-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Superman23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Pinckney, Michigan
Posts: 714
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyn View Post
Alright guys - Bestbuy is giving me $2399 to replace my ZT 65"... suggestions on what I should get for my replacement now?
I went from the ZT60 to an LG OLED B6 and couldn't be happier. I would take the $2,399 and then pay out of pocket the extra $1,100. You could always finance the difference at Best Buy. Head on over to the b6 / c6 thread and check out the positive reviews.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic Viera TC-P65VT30
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro - Nintendo Switch - Sony PlayStation 3
Superman23 is offline  
post #14771 of 14772 Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just experienced an issue with my ZT60. The HDMI 1 pop up would come on the screen every 10 seconds or so. I'm watching an NBA game through my Apple TV. It was annoying so I switched the Apple TV to HDMI 3. It worked for a couple of minutes and then the TV switched back to HDMI 1.

I'm stuck I did search the forum and didn't find anything specific to my issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing the issue and a fix?
JoeJr81 is offline  
post #14772 of 14772 Old Today, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
Edllguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJr81 View Post
I just experienced an issue with my ZT60. The HDMI 1 pop up would come on the screen every 10 seconds or so. I'm watching an NBA game through my Apple TV. It was annoying so I switched the Apple TV to HDMI 3. It worked for a couple of minutes and then the TV switched back to HDMI 1.

I'm stuck I did search the forum and didn't find anything specific to my issue.

Does anyone know what may be causing the issue and a fix?
I would suggest checking all HDMI settings on your ZT first, then check your Apple TV settings. Lastly, is there something in the HDMI chain such as receiver. Then check your HDMI handshake settings in your receiver. I find it's usually because of a loose HDMI cable or you accidentally toggled something in the receiver setup menu. Let us know the outcome.


All the best.
Edllguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off