Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 495 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 556Likes

post #14821 of 14831 Old 09-25-2017, 09:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
With each of my HDTVs it's been bop till they drop (i.e., failed in some significant way that didn't merit a repair attempt, had one even been available). Will be the same thing with this one...
You might have to rethink that. I have a Panasonic plasma that I bought in 2003 that still works, and the picture still looks reasonably good!

I bought a 60ZT60 in 2013 because plasma was disappearing, and I wasn't going to wait any longer for my old one to break.

Last edited by Scandy; 09-25-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14822 of 14831 Old 09-25-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandy View Post
You might have to rethink that. I have a Panasonic plasma that I bought in 2003 that still works, and the picture still looks reasonably good!

I bought a 60ZT60 in 2013 because plasma was disappearing, and I wasn't going to wait any longer for my old one to break.
Bring it on! (knock knock)

(Although now I have a new receiver with current technology (and it's going to get another firmware update yet before its replacement is released), I do have a small 4K itch. On the other hand, I still enjoy a 3D blu-ray or two every once in a while when I get a 3D itch. Plus it doesn't seem my internet connection is ever going to support 4K streaming speeds, it's just now gotten to the point of doing pretty well with 1080, at least some of the time (the jury's out on data caps, but now that I'm streaming a bit more, the jury could be getting back to me on that one before too long).)
post #14823 of 14831 Old 09-28-2017, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Got the shut down and 7 blinking light issue again last night. Did the same procedure as before, unplugged the power cord from the back and let it sit 30 minutes, then unplugged the HDMI cables and plugged the power cord back in and voila, back to working normally. This is the second time this has happened, last time was about 7 weeks ago. Any idea why this is a random occurance? I would think a failed part on one of the boards would be a permanent shutdown. The tv is on a stand in the open, and the house is cool....... fans work fine...... I don't think it's an overheating issue, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

John

post #14824 of 14831 Old 09-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Got the shut down and 7 blinking light issue again last night. Did the same procedure as before, unplugged the power cord from the back and let it sit 30 minutes, then unplugged the HDMI cables and plugged the power cord back in and voila, back to working normally. This is the second time this has happened, last time was about 7 weeks ago. Any idea why this is a random occurance? I would think a failed part on one of the boards would be a permanent shutdown. The tv is on a stand in the open, and the house is cool....... fans work fine...... I don't think it's an overheating issue, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

John
Need to get your hands on a repair manual and see what a 7 blink code is pointing to. That may be hard since there are not that many examples of ZT60's or VT60's with this problem. In past Pansonic's, a seven blink was usually a bad SC board. Let's say it is the SC board you're fix could be as easy as just swapping the board for a used working board.
post #14825 of 14831 Old 10-08-2017, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Have you guys uploaded the latest software release for the ZT60?

Version:2.885
Release Date:7-20-2016

Issues Addressed:
Improvement of Web Browser
Home Screen Collection
Improves System Stability

If so, just what do they mean by "system stability"? Are they referring to just web browser stability or the overall stability of the TV's operating system?

Thanks.
post #14826 of 14831 Old 10-08-2017, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Have you guys uploaded the latest software release for the ZT60?

Version:2.885
Release Date:7-20-2016

Issues Addressed:
Improvement of Web Browser
Home Screen Collection
Improves System Stability

If so, just what do they mean by "system stability"? Are they referring to just web browser stability or the overall stability of the TV's operating system?

Thanks.
Stability of the web browser was the only thing improved. I didn’t notice anything in the TV’s operating system at all.
antennahead likes this.

LG OLED 65B6P
Panasonic VIERA TC-P65VT30
OPPO UDP-203 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Sony PlayStation 3
post #14827 of 14831 Old 10-08-2017, 08:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman23 View Post
Stability of the web browser was the only thing improved. I didn’t notice anything in the TV’s operating system at all.
Thanks so much, I "thought" this was the correct answer, but wanted to hear from other owners as I am still dealing with my random shutdown/seven blinking red light issue. I have purchased a SC board, a SS board, and an "A" board, all used but with pretty much zero hours taken off TVs with cracked screens during transit........ waiting on it to shutdown again, and a good friend and electronics repairman and I are gonna start testing and replacing boards. I also have SU and SD boards being sold together saved in my Ebay list, I may order those soon as well. I intend to move this TV to my bedroom and put a 75" 940E in the main room....... getting it over the shutdown issue is worth it to me, especially at the reasonable prices the boards were purchased for. Having extra boards so I can hopefully get another 7 or 8 years out of this TV as a bedroom set would be very nice
post #14828 of 14831 Old 10-09-2017, 01:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Thanks so much, I "thought" this was the correct answer, but wanted to hear from other owners as I am still dealing with my random shutdown/seven blinking red light issue. I have purchased a SC board, a SS board, and an "A" board, all used but with pretty much zero hours taken off TVs with cracked screens during transit........ waiting on it to shutdown again, and a good friend and electronics repairman and I are gonna start testing and replacing boards. I also have SU and SD boards being sold together saved in my Ebay list, I may order those soon as well. I intend to move this TV to my bedroom and put a 75" 940E in the main room....... getting it over the shutdown issue is worth it to me, especially at the reasonable prices the boards were purchased for. Having extra boards so I can hopefully get another 7 or 8 years out of this TV as a bedroom set would be very nice
Just be sure to get that back cover back on correctly... all the way around the perimeter (referring to micro-cracks in case you missed those discussions.) Hate for you to lose a good friend.
Superman23 likes this.
post #14829 of 14831 Old 10-09-2017, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Just be sure to get that back cover back on correctly... all the way around the perimeter (referring to micro-cracks in case you missed those discussions.) Hate for you to lose a good friend.
Thanks. I intend to pull up the "back cover procedure/micro crack" comments on here for my buddy to read PRIOR to our back panal removal
fmalczewski likes this.
post #14830 of 14831 Old 10-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Start with SC. 7 blinkers in past Panny's was usually SC.
antennahead likes this.
post #14831 of 14831 Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test Ickles View Post
Start with SC. 7 blinkers in past Panny's was usually SC.
That's the plan, although I've read buffer issues from the SD and SU board could make you think it's the SC board, so I'm thinking I'll order the SD and SU boards as well to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page