Official ZT60 Owners Thread - Page 91 - AVS Forum
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official ZT60 Owners Thread
changboy's Avatar changboy 08:41 PM 08-24-2013
deleted

Lost!'s Avatar Lost! 08:52 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by changboy View Post

The tax code is actually verry lil point regards about all peoples on the planet today are victim from a SYSTEM base on the money and rich company control it.
We have more then 2630 activ satellite around the earth but we still see peoples and kids not have food and die each day. But i have a 65ZT60 !

I don’t want to be insensitive or anything, but based on your logic an alien life form should feel the same because he just bought the new Hyper-Drive Star Cruiser Z1MILLION, and there are people on earth who do not even have access to clean fusion energy, and many of their DNAs are degrading because of the global pollution.

Disclaimer: If it is not clear, this meant to be a joke wink.gif
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 09:47 PM 08-24-2013
Any new owners to Plasma here having a hard time "babying" the ZT? Almost every thread in the Plasma section here talks about even wear, even aging of pixels and stuff like that. I am new to Plasma and never owned one in my adult life (I am 46). I am just finding myself being too carefull and it actually has not been a great experience. The picture is second to none and it is probably the most impressive set I have every owned, but when I purposely stop watching T.V., shows that me and my fiancée love to watch because of station logo's it takes a bit away from the point of having a great T.V.

I am still trying to come to terms with this set. Black level, my gaming and everything I throw at it is just gorgeous. But at the same time I worry about IR, I worry about uneven pixel aging. I worry if my fiancée watches too much 4:3 content. We are big football fans and will watch 2-3 or more games on Sunday's and just watching one game in the pre-season we had NFL Network logo IR that lasted for about 2-3 hours after watching the game and that was just one game. Granted, my fiancée never noticed it, but I am a bit more anal about seeing stuff like that. Granted, I could only see the I.R. is rare circumstances.

In the end though, it just has been a rough 1.5 weeks with the set. We did some non-stop Blu-ray/DVD loops to get past the 100 hour mark before we watched anything with a lot of logo's, letterbox or any gaming. As of today, we have about 150 hours on the set and to me it looks even better than it did when we first opened it up.

I just need to here some new plasma owners thoughts on how they are handling the set and are you too worried about something happening? Reading this and other threads on how people run some Disney WOW disc with some pixel thing for a bit after watching too many sporting event's does not sound like something that is fun. Or watching too many letterbox movies or 4:3 content in fear of uneven aging of the pixels.
changboy's Avatar changboy 10:01 PM 08-24-2013
deleted
changboy's Avatar changboy 10:04 PM 08-24-2013
deleted
changboy's Avatar changboy 10:04 PM 08-24-2013
deleted
kaffeen's Avatar kaffeen 10:14 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Any new owners to Plasma here having a hard time "babying" the ZT? Almost every thread in the Plasma section here talks about even wear, even aging of pixels and stuff like that. I am new to Plasma and never owned one in my adult life (I am 46). I am just finding myself being too carefull and it actually has not been a great experience. The picture is second to none and it is probably the most impressive set I have every owned, but when I purposely stop watching T.V., shows that me and my fiancée love to watch because of station logo's it takes a bit away from the point of having a great T.V.

I am still trying to come to terms with this set. Black level, my gaming and everything I throw at it is just gorgeous. But at the same time I worry about IR, I worry about uneven pixel aging. I worry if my fiancée watches too much 4:3 content. We are big football fans and will watch 2-3 or more games on Sunday's and just watching one game in the pre-season we had NFL Network logo IR that lasted for about 2-3 hours after watching the game and that was just one game. Granted, my fiancée never noticed it, but I am a bit more anal about seeing stuff like that. Granted, I could only see the I.R. is rare circumstances.

In the end though, it just has been a rough 1.5 weeks with the set. We did some non-stop Blu-ray/DVD loops to get past the 100 hour mark before we watched anything with a lot of logo's, letterbox or any gaming. As of today, we have about 150 hours on the set and to me it looks even better than it did when we first opened it up.

I just need to here some new plasma owners thoughts on how they are handling the set and are you too worried about something happening? Reading this and other threads on how people run some Disney WOW disc with some pixel thing for a bit after watching too many sporting event's does not sound like something that is fun. Or watching too many letterbox movies or 4:3 content in fear of uneven aging of the pixels.

If you have aged it (avoiding static images) - use it like you want. I've owned many Plasma televisions and never had any problems with permanent IR after aging. There may be some temporary ghosting/IR visible with black screen - but that goes away and Panasonic provides some built-in tools to help you in this regard. This latest generation is pretty fantastic and should provide the best Plasma experience that money can buy. Don't worry, be happy (and watch whatever you want).
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 10:28 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post

If you have aged it (avoiding static images) - use it like you want. I've owned many Plasma televisions and never had any problems with permanent IR after aging. There may be some temporary ghosting/IR visible with black screen - but that goes away and Panasonic provides some built-in tools to help you in this regard. This latest generation is pretty fantastic and should provide the best Plasma experience that money can buy. Don't worry, be happy (and watch whatever you want).

We aged it to about 120 hours without any static image at all, no letter box and not station id's or anything like that. It was nothing but full screen blu rays (avengers, finding nemo and few others). So, I hope that was enough. I am thinking of getting in professionally calibrated after about 400 hours or so. But I guess just wanted to hear from fellow owners about this. Since it is my first plasma I have been reading a lot of stuff and some of things I read a lot about is the IR issues and how people don't watch too much of certain content to avoid IR...which to me is kind of odd being that a T.V. is something you should not have to worr y about and watch what you want on it.

So was the 120 hours enough?
kaffeen's Avatar kaffeen 10:35 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

We aged it to about 120 hours without any static image at all, no letter box and not station id's or anything like that. It was nothing but full screen blu rays (avengers, finding nemo and few others). So, I hope that was enough. I am thinking of getting in professionally calibrated after about 400 hours or so. But I guess just wanted to hear from fellow owners about this. Since it is my first plasma I have been reading a lot of stuff and some of things I read a lot about is the IR issues and how people don't watch too much of certain content to avoid IR...which to me is kind of odd being that a T.V. is something you should not have to worr y about and watch what you want on it.

So was the 120 hours enough?

I'd try 150 hours - but yes, I think 120 would probably do. The television has automatic tools to help (like pixel shifting) and also manual tools (like wipe screen, etc). Most people here are being extremely anal and trying to squeeze every tiny bit out of their television capabilities. They want a pristine experience that goes way beyond average viewing requirements - unfortunately that means making compromises at times. I'm not saying it isn't good advice, but it is a bit much and sometimes fueled by myth, outdated information, and superstition (IMHO). For the vast majority of people, this isn't necessary or required.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 10:40 PM 08-24-2013
Given the state of flux that the set undergoes in the first 300 hours, I'd double it to 300 (just to be safe). redface.gif
CybrSlydr's Avatar CybrSlydr 10:42 PM 08-24-2013
What does a professional calibration typically run?
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 10:44 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffeen View Post

I'd try 150 hours - but yes, I think 120 would probably do. The television has automatic tools to help (like pixel shifting) and also manual tools (like wipe screen, etc). Most people here are being extremely anal and trying to squeeze every tiny bit out of their television capabilities. They want a pristine experience that goes way beyond average viewing requirements - unfortunately that means making compromises at times. I'm not saying it isn't good advice, but it is a bit much and sometimes fueled by myth, outdated information, and superstition (IMHO). For the vast majority of people, this isn't necessary or required.

Thanks...We have about 150 right now, but the last 30 hours has been a mix of full screen content, a few letterbox movies, some gaming, some full screen cable with light station logo's and stuff. I was just having this talk with my fiancée and telling her that there was a movie I wanted to watch on Spike TV, but I did not watch it because Spikes station logo is really bright. This was when we barely hit the 100 hour mark. But my point to her was that I should not have to "not" watch certain things because of worrying. It guess it is OCD for me. Whenever I get a new set, which I do on average every 2-3 years, I analyze the **** out of it looking for issues because at retail you have only a certain amount of time to make an exchange/refund.

I was reading the last post in that master burn in thread here and the guy stated he runs the screen wipe for half the time he watches a letter box movie. He watches Batman for 2.5 hours and then runs the wipe for 90mins. To me that is just insane. To have to run a screen wipe that much just because you watch a letterbox movie. I have only used the screen wipe for 10 min and that was to see how it works. I have only watched 4 or so letterbox movies since owning the set. Since I am new to Plasma I try to read a lot and when I read what this guy suggests to others to me it just seems like it is too much trouble.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 10:45 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybrSlydr View Post

What does a professional calibration typically run?
$4-500
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 10:46 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Given the state of flux that the set undergoes in the first 300 hours, I'd double it to 300 (just to be safe). redface.gif

You are going to make me paranoid now. lol
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 10:48 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Thanks...We have about 150 right now, but the last 30 hours has been a mix of full screen content, a few letterbox movies, some gaming, some full screen cable with light station logo's and stuff. I was just having this talk with my fiancée and telling her that there was a movie I wanted to watch on Spike TV, but I did not watch it because Spikes station logo is really bright. This was when we barely hit the 100 hour mark. But my point to her was that I should not have to "not" watch certain things because of worrying. It guess it is OCD for me. Whenever I get a new set, which I do on average every 2-3 years, I analyze the **** out of it looking for issues because at retail you have only a certain amount of time to make an exchange/refund.

I was reading the last post in that master burn in thread here and the guy stated he runs the screen wipe for half the time he watches a letter box movie. He watches Batman for 2.5 hours and then runs the wipe for 90mins. To me that is just insane. To have to run a screen wipe that much just because you watch a letterbox movie. I have only used the screen wipe for 10 min and that was to see how it works. I have only watched 4 or so letterbox movies since owning the set. Since I am new to Plasma I try to read a lot and when I read what this guy suggests to others to me it just seems like it is too much trouble.
You know what? I can't blame him. After owning a Kuro for 5 years, with the uneven pixel wear that I began to notice in the letterbox bars after about 2000 hours of use, that advice isn't half bad. I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but depending on how much TV you watch, it might provide a small measure of peace of mind after everything you've read.
kaffeen's Avatar kaffeen 10:55 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Thanks...We have about 150 right now, but the last 30 hours has been a mix of full screen content, a few letterbox movies, some gaming, some full screen cable with light station logo's and stuff. I was just having this talk with my fiancée and telling her that there was a movie I wanted to watch on Spike TV, but I did not watch it because Spikes station logo is really bright. This was when we barely hit the 100 hour mark. But my point to her was that I should not have to "not" watch certain things because of worrying. It guess it is OCD for me. Whenever I get a new set, which I do on average every 2-3 years, I analyze the **** out of it looking for issues because at retail you have only a certain amount of time to make an exchange/refund.

I was reading the last post in that master burn in thread here and the guy stated he runs the screen wipe for half the time he watches a letter box movie. He watches Batman for 2.5 hours and then runs the wipe for 90mins. To me that is just insane. To have to run a screen wipe that much just because you watch a letterbox movie. I have only used the screen wipe for 10 min and that was to see how it works. I have only watched 4 or so letterbox movies since owning the set. Since I am new to Plasma I try to read a lot and when I read what this guy suggests to others to me it just seems like it is too much trouble.

I'd watch what you want, use the tools sparingly, and enjoy your television based on *your* needs. Just remember that some people here are striving for absolute perfection. What perfection is (or isn't) can be very subjective. Even if you did absolutely nothing and watched what you wanted from the zero hour mark - I'd argue that your experience would still be better than any other television out there. This is the best television on the planet. How much better that experience can get is subjective, not always scientific, and can be so minimal to be almost invisible to all but the very trained eye. Furthermore, some people have been jaded by just having individually bad televisions (no matter the product, there will be a lemon somewhere in production). Don't be afraid of your television, use it, enjoy it, and brag about it! smile.gif
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar muffinmcfluffin 11:42 PM 08-24-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

I was reading the last post in that master burn in thread here and the guy stated he runs the screen wipe for half the time he watches a letter box movie. He watches Batman for 2.5 hours and then runs the wipe for 90mins. To me that is just insane. To have to run a screen wipe that much just because you watch a letterbox movie. I have only used the screen wipe for 10 min and that was to see how it works. I have only watched 4 or so letterbox movies since owning the set. Since I am new to Plasma I try to read a lot and when I read what this guy suggests to others to me it just seems like it is too much trouble.

You making fun of me, now? tongue.gif

My point was that after I watch a movie, I'm probably not still there watching TV. If I am, there's no reason to use the screen wipe; the station I'm watching will take care of that just fine. But if I'm going to sleep or leaving the room, I'll run the scroller and set the timer on for 90 minutes or what have you.

NOTE: I don't do this on my D7000 anymore. I used to baby it because it was prone to IR. After about 3,000 hours, I can say with certainty that it no longer is. That said, I don't have to do it anymore.

You'll have to keep in mind that I'm coming from a previous Panasonic set that has uneven wear, mostly from 4:3 content. I'll show a picture for you if you'd like me to scare you, but I'd rather you trust my word about that. From that point on, I said that I wouldn't let that happen again to something I'm investing thousands of dollars with. The reason it happened is because we would watch something with a static image (including letterbox or pillarbox content), and then we'd turn off the TV. Rinse and repeat. Not getting it any overall aging in the picture with a dynamic assortment of pixels is what caused the issue.

Seriously, how "crazy" is it that I'm taking care of my set? It's not like I'm sitting there during the day, inspecting it for things. In fact, it takes just a few presses on my Harmony remote. I have a function for a 90 minute timer to press, and I have a button for it to run the scroller. I press both, drop the remote, and walk out of the room. Yeah, that was very hard and frustrating for me.

The next time you talk about me, please don't make me sound insane. You'll have to soon recognize the difference between uneven wear and IR, or else you're going to learn from first-hand experience. Yes, I'm actually hoping you get it now from karma.

No, it's not too much trouble for you to do what I suggested. I'm not saying you must do it, either. Notice that when I posted that, it was basically a surefire way to avoid uneven wear from showing up on your screen. It's the same as somebody saying "vary your content," only some people don't really do it enough. IR isn't what you need to worry about; uneven wear is. Content definitely needs to be varied for that.

Sorry for ranting, and sorry for sounding insulting. I just want you to understand that I was just trying to help somebody out, not make this plasma owning thing a nightmare or nuisance for people.

The most important thing you have to understand is that I'm not afraid of watching my television, I'm just taking the necessary precautions before I give myself reason to be worried. Like I tell my softball players I coach: you stretch to prevent injuries, not to treat them.
Speakerphile's Avatar Speakerphile 12:19 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

You are going to make me paranoid now. lol

Just ignore the AVS crazies... Keep in mind, hundreds of thousands of plasma owners buy their TV's and use them like normal people every year. They don't seem to have any problems. If you choose to do slides and properly age your set, you will see better long term performance. That doesn't mean it's required in order to avoid IR. It helps a little, but is NOWHERE NEAR NECESSARY.
vinnie97's Avatar vinnie97 12:34 AM 08-25-2013
^Wow, thanks. I see no problem chronicling my own experience with plasma, which is that they are susceptible to uneven wear (a problem that is related to but separate from image retention), even after engaging a break-in. If that brands me as crazy, so be it.
Speakerphile's Avatar Speakerphile 01:53 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

^Wow, thanks. I see no problem chronicling my own experience with plasma, which is that they are susceptible to uneven wear (a problem that is related to but separate from image retention), even after engaging a break-in. If that brands me as crazy, so be it.

Don't take it personally. Most AVS'ers are "crazy" to the average person.

What I was getting at at was that a lot of AVS'ers act like the sky is falling if you don't break-in your plasma. People that are new to the hobby tend to take this too seriously. Yes, it helps slightly, but it's not like you are going to ruin your TV if you don't do it.

I'm of the opinion that if you can properly break-in your TV without too much inconvenience, why not do it? But if you can't, you'll probably be just fine.
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 03:20 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

If that brands me as crazy, so be it.
Its good that you accept it. biggrin.gif
Bond 007's Avatar Bond 007 03:22 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

You are going to make me paranoid now. lol
Dont worry, be happy. smile.gif
Quit looking for IR. Youre torturing yourself.
iChristopher's Avatar iChristopher 05:08 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Any new owners to Plasma here having a hard time "babying" the ZT? Almost every thread in the Plasma section here talks about even wear, even aging of pixels and stuff like that. I am new to Plasma and never owned one in my adult life (I am 46). I am just finding myself being too carefull and it actually has not been a great experience. The picture is second to none and it is probably the most impressive set I have every owned, but when I purposely stop watching T.V., shows that me and my fiancée love to watch because of station logo's it takes a bit away from the point of having a great T.V.

I am still trying to come to terms with this set. Black level, my gaming and everything I throw at it is just gorgeous. But at the same time I worry about IR, I worry about uneven pixel aging. I worry if my fiancée watches too much 4:3 content. We are big football fans and will watch 2-3 or more games on Sunday's and just watching one game in the pre-season we had NFL Network logo IR that lasted for about 2-3 hours after watching the game and that was just one game. Granted, my fiancée never noticed it, but I am a bit more anal about seeing stuff like that. Granted, I could only see the I.R. is rare circumstances.

In the end though, it just has been a rough 1.5 weeks with the set. We did some non-stop Blu-ray/DVD loops to get past the 100 hour mark before we watched anything with a lot of logo's, letterbox or any gaming. As of today, we have about 150 hours on the set and to me it looks even better than it did when we first opened it up.

I just need to here some new plasma owners thoughts on how they are handling the set and are you too worried about something happening? Reading this and other threads on how people run some Disney WOW disc with some pixel thing for a bit after watching too many sporting event's does not sound like something that is fun. Or watching too many letterbox movies or 4:3 content in fear of uneven aging of the pixels.
I say you should be worried about IR. The ESPN logo IR I have from watching an hour of sports center hasn't gone away and it's been days... I've ran the wipe for a few days now and watched hours of full screen content and its still there... I put over 200 hours on my set before watching static logos and it did nothing for me, still have an overly sensitive panel.
iChristopher's Avatar iChristopher 05:13 AM 08-25-2013
I should also add that I might have a bad panel as I do have terrible DSE. On my previous ZTs I did notice IR as well not nearly as bad as this set but it was there.
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 06:58 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post

You making fun of me, now? tongue.gif

My point was that after I watch a movie, I'm probably not still there watching TV. If I am, there's no reason to use the screen wipe; the station I'm watching will take care of that just fine. But if I'm going to sleep or leaving the room, I'll run the scroller and set the timer on for 90 minutes or what have you.

NOTE: I don't do this on my D7000 anymore. I used to baby it because it was prone to IR. After about 3,000 hours, I can say with certainty that it no longer is. That said, I don't have to do it anymore.

You'll have to keep in mind that I'm coming from a previous Panasonic set that has uneven wear, mostly from 4:3 content. I'll show a picture for you if you'd like me to scare you, but I'd rather you trust my word about that. From that point on, I said that I wouldn't let that happen again to something I'm investing thousands of dollars with. The reason it happened is because we would watch something with a static image (including letterbox or pillarbox content), and then we'd turn off the TV. Rinse and repeat. Not getting it any overall aging in the picture with a dynamic assortment of pixels is what caused the issue.

Seriously, how "crazy" is it that I'm taking care of my set? It's not like I'm sitting there during the day, inspecting it for things. In fact, it takes just a few presses on my Harmony remote. I have a function for a 90 minute timer to press, and I have a button for it to run the scroller. I press both, drop the remote, and walk out of the room. Yeah, that was very hard and frustrating for me.

The next time you talk about me, please don't make me sound insane. You'll have to soon recognize the difference between uneven wear and IR, or else you're going to learn from first-hand experience. Yes, I'm actually hoping you get it now from karma.

No, it's not too much trouble for you to do what I suggested. I'm not saying you must do it, either. Notice that when I posted that, it was basically a surefire way to avoid uneven wear from showing up on your screen. It's the same as somebody saying "vary your content," only some people don't really do it enough. IR isn't what you need to worry about; uneven wear is. Content definitely needs to be varied for that.

Sorry for ranting, and sorry for sounding insulting. I just want you to understand that I was just trying to help somebody out, not make this plasma owning thing a nightmare or nuisance for people.

The most important thing you have to understand is that I'm not afraid of watching my television, I'm just taking the necessary precautions before I give myself reason to be worried. Like I tell my softball players I coach: you stretch to prevent injuries, not to treat them.

Part of your message you sound fine with me calling you nuts, but then in other parts you sound offended. Just to be clear, no offense was intended on my part. As a new owner of a Plasma set and being new to Plasma, I read everything and like to get clarification on stuff that I read, even if it sounds crazy. lol. Like someone said, most of us here are a little on the nutty side with ourT.V.'s. My fiancée looks at me like I am an alien when I am talking about the set and when I mess with the settings and at times when I read this forum.

I do appreciate all the feedback however as it gives me a better understanding of the tech behind Plasma and that how some sets are more prone to IR than others, even those with the ZT it seems like there is some differences on some sets being more prone to it than others. Like you, I want to protect my investment, but coming from LCD/LED etc for most of my life, running screen wipes or stuff like that is something all new to me as is any form of IR. I don't want to be overly paranoid about it, but at the same time I did invest a lot in this set. I also think that part of it is that I am in my return window still and like anything I buy, I like to know that it was the right purchase, especially premium stuff like this set.
Hawkmoon's Avatar Hawkmoon 07:02 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

I say you should be worried about IR. The ESPN logo IR I have from watching an hour of sports center hasn't gone away and it's been days... I've ran the wipe for a few days now and watched hours of full screen content and its still there... I put over 200 hours on my set before watching static logos and it did nothing for me, still have an overly sensitive panel.

Like you said, it might be a bad set. I had the NFL Network Logo after watching a full pre-season football game (about 2 hours or so) and it even had the logo on during the short commercial breaks. The IR I experienced lasted about 2-3 hours, but the next day I could not notice it. When it was there, I could only see it on the Xbox's main menu, I guess it was the right shade of grey that made it stand out as I could not see it normally, my fiancée could not see it regardless of what was shown, even when I walked her up to it and outlined it, she still could not see it.
muffinmcfluffin's Avatar muffinmcfluffin 08:20 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Part of your message you sound fine with me calling you nuts, but then in other parts you sound offended. Just to be clear, no offense was intended on my part. As a new owner of a Plasma set and being new to Plasma, I read everything and like to get clarification on stuff that I read, even if it sounds crazy. lol. Like someone said, most of us here are a little on the nutty side with ourT.V.'s. My fiancée looks at me like I am an alien when I am talking about the set and when I mess with the settings and at times when I read this forum.

I do appreciate all the feedback however as it gives me a better understanding of the tech behind Plasma and that how some sets are more prone to IR than others, even those with the ZT it seems like there is some differences on some sets being more prone to it than others. Like you, I want to protect my investment, but coming from LCD/LED etc for most of my life, running screen wipes or stuff like that is something all new to me as is any form of IR. I don't want to be overly paranoid about it, but at the same time I did invest a lot in this set. I also think that part of it is that I am in my return window still and like anything I buy, I like to know that it was the right purchase, especially premium stuff like this set.

I apologize about my post. If I was standing next to you and talking to you, I wouldn't have sounded insulted and I wouldn't have insulted you (the whole "I hope you get burn-in" or whatever I said was just stupid).

Keep the plasma. Baby it early on, but don't be paranoid about it. It doesn't take much time when you're not watching the set, and in the end I think it's worth the skepticism.
smurraybhm's Avatar smurraybhm 08:50 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by iChristopher View Post

I should also add that I might have a bad panel as I do have terrible DSE. On my previous ZTs I did notice IR as well not nearly as bad as this set but it was there.

Honest question based on your two months on AVS - disclaimer not meant to be mean.
Is there anything you liked about the ZT or 8500 you owned before it besides the price?

I know where Vinnie is coming from as my Kuro had some uneven wear due to a lot of movie watching, but if you keep looking for problems you will find one with anything. Sometimes I think people buy a display based on it being one of the best vs. what works the best for them. Why can't we enjoy what we buy? Process for determining good vs. bad isn't hard - if you have something wrong take it back, if not baby (or not) your display to the level that allows you to enjoy it. Where are the posts about what is great about the ZT? I still marvel three months later at how good the picture on my VT looks, I would expect someone on this thread to feel the same about the ZT.

Read this thread lately and it's easy to see new owners of either set worry about IR, which is easily fixed should it happen. As always a few AVSers with problem displays reporting about the same problem. Please note that comment is not directed at fan noise, but that does have its own thread. I miss the calibration discussion, preventing burn-in is an easy process. wink.gif
CybrSlydr's Avatar CybrSlydr 09:00 AM 08-25-2013
What places might Best Buy be willing to price match?
Lost!'s Avatar Lost! 09:17 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

... if you keep looking for problems you will find one with anything...

That is true. I kept looking for the green shadow, you know the green phosphor delay, and now I can see them. They appear completely at random, sometimes around objects, and sometimes around faces. It is like a sudden hollow/glow of green around the edges of the objects/faces. Since it is random, I don't think it is related to delay or IR of green phosphor, otherwise you had to see them all the time.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65zt60 65 Inch Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P60zt60 60 Inch Plasma Tv
First ... 89  90  91 92  93  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop