AVS Forum banner
1M views 15K replies 796 participants last post by  fmalczewski 
#1 ·
Well mine is arriving in less than 30 hours and no one has started the thread so I figure I might as well go ahead and do it!

Welcome to the official owners thread for the Panasonic ZT60.

Lets see some pictures from the early owners and initial thoughts.

Reactions: Here2Learn
#13,302 ·
I haven't posted in a long time. I have no idea what I did to my ZT60, maybe it was break in period? but the picture is amazing! I am using CNET settings with WARM 1 and I can't believe how awesome this TV is. I have absolutely no interest in LEDs or 4Ks. I wont get another TV for years.

What? You mean you've been enjoying your tv this whole time without checking in with us? Shame on you :D

#13,303 ·
its just a play on the math, but its not accurate - nothing infinite about it - just makes a catchy term for the CR achievement.

Exactly. Sometimes I think there is a danger of people forgetting that.

I read the AVS forum pages to be informed on the latest and greatest tech. I bought my 9th gen Kuro and ZT after reading well informed reviews. I bought the ZT over the LG 55" OLED because despite the marketing blurb I thought the ZT had the better picture given my viewing conditions. That may change when I see the new LG 4k OLED, but I won't be buying it on the basis of the marketing hype which, as may be obvious from my comments, I thought was nonsensical.

#13,305 ·
Well, I plan to vote with my dollars and go buy back that ZT60 I returned.

However, the unit I had, while pixel perfect and as quiet as I've ever heard a plasma, did suffer from two very faint vertical bands on the right edge of the screen. It was not visible at 75% white, nor at 100% white, but at 50% grey I can faintly make it out on a lower contrast picture setting, like standard with contrast turned down to 50% (I would use this for gaming or cable TV with static logos). It's barely visible in program material, but it's there and still a flaw. I checked my parent's two year old 50"U50 Panasonic low end plasma and it has a very similar case of banding on the right side only.

I asked about this banding earlier in the thread and someone mentioned it affected early production models. The ZT I returned had a production date of August 2013. Doesn't seem that early to me, sounds like a mid to late unit.

My question, again, is do they all have this band? I want to decide whether it's worth trying another new panel or if they all have it, then I'll go buy back my old one because it's quiet and no dead pixels.

It's similar to the following video I found online though the video flickers so much it's hard to see whether it's exactly the same thing.

video
You're complaining about that!? You call that banding? I would trade for that in an instant

You should see the crap I get when watching hockey on my ZT60 :(

#13,306 ·
I am with you 100%. I just walked into the living room and my family was watching an NBA game and I was blown away with how amazing it looked. So happy with my ZT picture, best TV I have ever owned. It will definitely get me through the next few years until HDR OLED is reasonable price and with imperfections worked out.

I haven't posted in a long time. I have no idea what I did to my ZT60, maybe it was break in period? but the picture is amazing! I am using CNET settings with WARM 1 and I can't believe how awesome this TV is. I have absolutely no interest in LEDs or 4Ks. I wont get another TV for years.

#13,307 ·
Well, I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my 60ZT60. I am still amazed by this TV. No buzz, no IR or burn-in and no banding, just the best damn picture of any TV I have ever seen! A few weeks ago, a co-worker said he bought a Sony LCD TV and said he thought it had a fantastic picture, so I invited him over to check out my ZT. I put in the Scorpions 3D Blu ray (at his request - we are both "rockers") and cranked up the stereo. After it was over, I asked him what he thought. He just said "I'm jealous." I then asked him if the PQ compared to his Sony, he said the Sony is brighter but my ZT was so much sharper and the 3D was "cool.". I know I could have picked a better Blu ray (my collection keeps getting larger) to demonstrate this TV, but the PQ simply speaks for itself, no matter what the content. I also watch a lot of hockey, you can see the skate "cuts" in the ice clearly. I can't wait to watch the Superbowl tonight.
I'm still like a kid with a new toy with my ZT. Definitely a happy camper!:D

#13,310 ·
Well, I am celebrating my 1 year anniversary with my 60ZT60. I am still amazed by this TV. No buzz, no IR or burn-in and no banding, just the best damn picture of any TV I have ever seen! I'm still like a kid with a new toy with my ZT. Definitely a happy camper!:D
How many hours are you at? I've had my ZT for 1 year and have 2,940 hours on my set. I love my ZT and wouldn't trade it for any TV currently available. But this set been prone to IR more than any other Panasonic plasma TV I've owned. Without question, the picture is the best of any TV I've owned. But seeing a channel 5 logo in the lower right corner the screen when I start up Netflix is a bit concerning. And I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever go away.

#13,311 ·
How many hours are you at? I've had my ZT for 1 year and have 2,940 hours on my set. I love my ZT and wouldn't trade it for any TV currently available. But this set been prone to IR more than any other Panasonic plasma TV I've owned. Without question, the picture is the best of any TV I've owned. But seeing a channel 5 logo in the lower right corner the screen when I start up Netflix is a bit concerning. And I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever go away.

I'm at 2,700 hours and about 3 moths to go before my 1st anniversary of ZTness. I not having any IR issues as far as I can see. we do watch a variety of content though and the main BBC channels (that we use the most) don't use logos so that must help. It seems to be mostly USA children's channels that use heavy white logos. All British channels that use logos seem to use semi transparent ones. I can't figure out why any channel needs to use a logo myself. I always know what channel I've turned over to as I do it from the on screen menu or from memory by typing in the channel number.

We have Sky cable by the way.

#13,316 ·
It really is a shame what happened with Panasonic plasmas and plasmas in general, going out of production. Seems the only real replacement is OLED, and they cost twice the price of plasma. :mad::(
I bought my first plasma in 2005. A Panasonic 50" , 720p. The price? 5 Grand. A monster 70" Sony Qualia, DLP, was 13k on that year. Wait a little, prices will be lower soon, its a totally new technology and still very expensive to manufacture.

#13,317 ·
Just had both of my ZTs calibrated by the class act ChadB today, just in time for the pre-game, and after having the sets for over a year, its like having new TVs.
Nice!! I'm sure you'll enjoy them even more with whatever you watch. :) Chad did mine this past summer.

ahh score of the century, so pumped! just picked up a second ZT, this one via Craigslist and its bigger by 5 inches! Everything but the box, however it has what I'm hoping is only IR from the previous owner playing destiny, he didn't try anything to remove it. I couldn't pass on the price, you'd never guess.

Screen wipe on
Congrats and enjoy! Yes more screen is always better. :D I hope if it has some IR it fades. Just vary content without to many hours with static logo's. If it's just a little bit and you scored with such a good price I'd just enjoy it knowing you have one of the last great plasma tv's.

Congrads slowball ;)

you might be the first person in the world who owns two ZT60s
The post above his mentioned he just had his two ZT's calibrated. I'm happy with my one, but if they continued I'd sure have bought one for the bedroom. :cool:

#13,318 ·
ahh score of the century, so pumped! just picked up a second ZT, this one via Craigslist and its bigger by 5 inches! Everything but the box, however it has what I'm hoping is only IR from the previous owner playing destiny, he didn't try anything to remove it. I couldn't pass on the price, you'd never guess.

Screen wipe on

My ZT still has IR from Destiny. It's extremely faint, but it shows up as a slightly pinkish hue on a white screen. It's practically invisible unless you know exactly where to look and what to look for (gun shape + meter).

I hate that game cause of what it did to my poor plasmas :(

#13,319 ·
IR/Burn In seems to be the Achilles heal of the VT60 & ZT60. I've been running the Disney WOW retailer loop on my 55" in an effort to get rid of some IR and it seems the loop itself, which is approximately 1.5 hours long, may have caused some IR. There is some text displayed on screen at various points throughout the loop and I think some of it resulted in IR. I think it went away with the screen wipe, but it seems a bit ridiculous to me that something like that could result in IR.

#13,320 ·
thanks for the love!

definitely some bragging, but I had to shout it from the rooftops. none of my friends would even begin to understand or care really for that matter minus the size.

I'm not too worried, it not terrible but annoying none the less. I'm going to run the WOW pixel flipper straight until the weekend.

unfortunately soon to be back to one ZT as I'll sell the little brother

I'll keep in cool on the gaming until the witcher 3 comes out, though I may check out the order 1886, be careful with your sets!

last thought, super pumped to finally check out john wick and dracula untold tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.