Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 218 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #6511 of 6515 Unread Today, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
As far as I know there are no other "stands" available only the one that comes with the unit. People have used both the stand and wall minted however and been happy. Most decide to wall mount since the stand is wider than usual
I decided to build my own "stand". However, I'm not talking replacing the wide somewhat oddly shaped piece of metal the TV attaches to. I'm talking about the piece of furniture the TV and goofy shaped metal stand sit on. Unfortunately, it has been coming along more slowly than I had hoped. If all goes well I can start the finishing process with dye and stain today and then move onto the poly.
Ph8te likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6515 Unread Today, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by box4m View Post
Hey ppl,

I had an unfortunate thing happend last night...
My girls f***ing cat scratched the panel of my 64" F8500. Im sure it hurts for you guys reading that so you can imagine my feelings.
I cant notice it even when i know it but there is quite a few scratches that i see good when the set is off.

Can i use some antiscratch thing do you think?
My homeinsurance covers it but i dont feel like thinking about the time it can take for them to replace the panel

Approciate answers, thanks guys.
I had the same thing happen back in 08 with a Panasonic plasma. Only from a doggie. My advice from experience. No matter what you try, it'll only make it worse. Also, I couldn't see my scratch with the TV on either. I promise it gets easier to accept with time. LOL.
post #6513 of 6515 Unread Today, 03:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroblocker View Post
well guys i spent the last few months saving up for the 64F8500 and yesterday i pulled the trigger on it!!! its here and its quite a amazing display, I'm coming from a pn63b5500 (2009) now begins the break in period
I had one of those, it was a great set !!
post #6514 of 6515 Unread Today, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
48 degrees C

My 64F8500 shut off by itself today, while we were watching a cable TV show.It didn't turn back on the first time I tried, but it did turn on the second time I tried. Been stable ever since.Going into the 737 menu, it is consistently reporting 48C as the temperature.I'm taking it that 48C is bad?And I should install one of those Thermaltake USB fans from Amazon, to bring these temps down to something more acceptable?
post #6515 of 6515 Unread Today, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspawn View Post
My 64F8500 shut off by itself today, while we were watching a cable TV show.It didn't turn back on the first time I tried, but it did turn on the second time I tried. Been stable ever since.Going into the 737 menu, it is consistently reporting 48C as the temperature.I'm taking it that 48C is bad?And I should install one of those Thermaltake USB fans from Amazon, to bring these temps down to something more acceptable?
48C is hot. Do you have enough space between the wall and your tv? I have that fan on the back of my tv, and it never gets above 40C, even with a cell light of 20.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread