Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 234 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #6991 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just an FYI:

got another 51" from BB. July 2014 build date.

Also for anybody trying to pinch some dollars with these offball dealers, just my two cents is to go with Best Buy/Amazon/HHGregg/etc. I understand everyone's situations and opinions are different, but if you're worrying about the absolute basement price, you should be going with a 5300 model instead of this. Granted I am one to go to great lengths to get the best deal to be sure, but there are other factors to consider.

With a trusted vendor, you've got no worries for returns if there are issues and that is something you do not want to deal with if you're getting a model this nice.

(begin flame war)(but really don't)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6992 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am at work offshore and have a week left but my wife was kind enough to send me this picture. The box next to it is the Onkyo 3010 that came in on Saturday. She posted it on FB and immediately got questions on why we bought PDP and not 4K... I am tired of explaining this to people so I just tell them its because I am stupid and do not know about these things... My only fear when I get home is getting stuck with a "buzzer". My LG had a very mild case of the buzz but only noticeable when the volume was very low. It went away completely after 3 months so it could have been some type of break in thing. I say "stuck with" because I don't know how far BB or Samsung will go to work with a SKU that is no longer in production.

Fingers crossed!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140809_113902.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	206409  
post #6993 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest2 View Post
Lodrin, any update here? Changing any settings improve the motion issues? I've had my 60F8500 for a couple weeks, and I find the pixellation during panning motion or even people who walk by in the fore/background are all noticeably fuzzy/pixellated. A little surprised since I thought the refresh rates on Plasmas were supposed to improve motion handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodrin View Post
Not really, though some of the pixellation does tend to disappear at Dynamic..

I'm glad someone else sees what I'm talking about though.

There's just something wrong/awkward with how this TV handles motion that reviewers have largely missed/ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeezie View Post
This is a major turn off for me. I have been all set to buy this TV multiple times but haven't pulled the trigger. While the buzz and input lag sound a little annoying, I could deal with them. My main purpose is to watch hockey games, action movies, and play the occasional xbox game. Any recommendations on what I should go with instead of the F8500?
Interesting
I have had my F8500 since December and have noticed no such issues with motion
Plasma technology is inherently better than LCD technology with motion and my ownership experience, of both technologies, definitely speaks to that
I also have a Panasonic ST50 and ST60...and the F8500 is simply a better set than those as well

I think if you find fault with the f8500's motion handling then there is nothing in the market that is going to satisfy you...past or present

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Denon 4520 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Pioneer SC37 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Pioneer SC77 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
post #6994 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
And explain exactly how was I ripped off? Please do?

Also you're throwing words in my mouth. I never said or suggested that a less-informed buyer is going to be cheated. You're actually stating that. Not me. You're frustrated at me for what? Purchasing at a place you don't approve of? It's my money and I'm not an idiot as you are basically suggesting. Nobody was ripped off and even though there are tons of posts here on AVS about these online resellers I'm confident enough to believe that very few to none of the posts are actually about customers getting scammed and lost their money or received a product different than what was described or got burned after they spent their money. Most people are just not comfortable with their actual upfront sales tactics.
I always welcome people's feedback on this forum as everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are not entitled to directly attack me.
Now that you've gotten that out of your system, go back and read my post:

1. I never said you got ripped off. I was countering your dubious claim:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan
Unless people here have purchasing experience with these places, have been scammed by them, took delivery of something different than described, received a used product that was advertised as new, charged you for delivery services that weren't fulfilled then I think people are in the wrong place to tell people to just avoid them.
Again, this is false. I've never been shot by a gun, but I can sufficiently warn you that it unsafely handling one can lead to serious injury.

PS, you repeat this error in your defense. You're still incorrect.

2. My frustration -- you'll surely note it includes the word "people", a plural address without a name attached -- was not directly at you. You're certainly joined with them in defending the sales practices, however, so I'm not even sure it's inappropriate. You voted with your wallet.

3. Nobody is attacking you, or calling you an idiot, or even suggesting it. I'm simply saying you're wrong. Debate and argumentation is not an attack of a person. If I said you were wrong because you are a poopy-head, then you'd have a basis for that claim. (I'm not saying that you're a poppy-head - it's an intentionally ridiculous example.)
post #6995 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you very much. I think I remember you saying you live in Canada? You probably have more choices to buy electronics there. Shameful but the U.S. had an abundance of electronics stores 15 years ago. We had many options and competition was much higher so getting a great deal at a reputable store with good customer service was much easier.
You are so right with this commentary. Where I live we have a small business that has always carried high end components. I would stop in from time to time and oogle the equipment that I could never have, but it was fun to dream. So now that I have some spare change I called them to see if they had a tech that could come out to run some calibration on my 8500 when I get home. To my amazement - keep in mind that I am speaking to the owner - I was told that they only do business by appointment and with a minimum contracted budget of $20,000... Now he was nice enough to explain to me the reasons behind his business model and I actually do get it - but it leaves the rest of us without a good option for on-site help. Obviously this forum is a wealth of knowledge but its not the same. On a side note he told me that he spent a ton of money send two of his guys to THX training on screen calibration and it was a total waste. None of his customers like the THX calibration and 90% of them go to factory defaults... Such a waste...
post #6996 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpk248 View Post
Just an FYI:

got another 51" from BB. July 2014 build date.

Also for anybody trying to pinch some dollars with these offball dealers, just my two cents is to go with Best Buy/Amazon/HHGregg/etc. I understand everyone's situations and opinions are different, but if you're worrying about the absolute basement price, you should be going with a 5300 model instead of this. Granted I am one to go to great lengths to get the best deal to be sure, but there are other factors to consider.

With a trusted vendor, you've got no worries for returns if there are issues and that is something you do not want to deal with if you're getting a model this nice.

(begin flame war)(but really don't)
its all about a comfort zone
each person has a different threshold on their "risk/reward" meter

I think its somewhat typical wanting champagne on a beer budget...and if you can pull that off its a beautiful thing
I have been fortunate on a few of those deals...most notable( and relevant) is the Conn's deal on the F8500 eight months ago

I paid $1100 less than Best Buy's( et al) then ( and current) price

Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Marantz 8801 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp B&W CM10s..CM2 center...CM5's.rears
post #6997 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1770 Post(s)
Liked: 826
People c'mon now let it rest.....some people are ok with taking their chances others are not. The best we can do is keep them informed so that they can decide what they want to do. This back and forth has gotten outta hand lately.
post #6998 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoconagenda View Post
You are so right with this commentary. Where I live we have a small business that has always carried high end components. I would stop in from time to time and oogle the equipment that I could never have, but it was fun to dream. So now that I have some spare change I called them to see if they had a tech that could come out to run some calibration on my 8500 when I get home. To my amazement - keep in mind that I am speaking to the owner - I was told that they only do business by appointment and with a minimum contracted budget of $20,000... Now he was nice enough to explain to me the reasons behind his business model and I actually do get it - but it leaves the rest of us without a good option for on-site help. Obviously this forum is a wealth of knowledge but its not the same. On a side note he told me that he spent a ton of money send two of his guys to THX training on screen calibration and it was a total waste. None of his customers like the THX calibration and 90% of them go to factory defaults... Such a waste...
that is indicative of a highly changed consumer electronics market
The Asians have all gone mass market...off shore manufacturing etc
18 years ago I bought a mid upper Denon receiver for $1000...and I had to shop for that as it was $1200 elsewhere
For $1000 , adjusted for inflation, you can go far higher in the Denon line up than you could then
Cost cutting and lower margins have made the independent audio shops go a different route

Case in point I went into a local high end shop here in Indianapolis the other day wanting to to listen to the Marantz 8801 preamp
He told me they didnt have those units in the store...and they carried nothing Asian but AVR's
He said they didnt have buyers for what I call "mid-fi" separates
Those buyers just came in and bought an AVR and went home

Their other buyer wanted Krell, Anthem. McIntosh....and these units were stocked at their store
My point being...I "get" the 20K threshold that you heard from your shop..because that is the least amount you are going to spend going with those brands

Sad to say..if he was right that "mid-fi" components dont have much of a market...there were days when brands like B&K..Rotel and others were the "bridge" to high end

Warren

post #6999 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Getting way off topic and bickering. Stop both, please.
wxman, Ph8te and cooknl like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #7000 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Off TOPIC!

After a couple of Postings, take to PMing each other, and let those here to learn something, alone!
KONICA TECH likes this.
post #7001 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey y'all, I'm happy to say I am now a 64F8500 owner! Great set so far, a guy at my local BB I kinda know hit me up when a customer brought it back because they wanted to go the projector route instead. Once I get the hours on it I'm having a calibration done for sure. I have this setup in my man cave in my garage, and I gotta say the brightness on this tv is incredible! I have a Panasonic 60GT50 ( an amazing tv as well ) in my living room and it can't touch the Sammy in brightness. When I first showed my bro in law the F8500 he thought it was an led for a sec, lol.

I do my fair share of gaming when time time permits, and I gotta say the input lag hasn't been an issue at all. From GTA 5, Tekken Tag 2, MK8, and Rayman Legends I haven't had any issue with lag, perhaps I'm just not that sensitive to it, or I just don't play enough of those twitch COD/Halo games to really notice.

Blu-Ray movies are killer! Streaming Netflix, Hulu, and the like from my Chromecast looks great as well. Overall color is great, off viewing angles have been awesome, and of course black levels are amaze balls. The speakers are probably my biggest complaint about this set, they sound pretty hollow, and uninspiring, however I didn't buy this tv for its sound quality, so more of a nitpick than anything else. I have a sound system for that duty anyway =)

If you want to get one of last great plasma's and it's in your price range, I totally recommend jumping on one. Till OLED's come down in price these plasma's are our last bastion of content viewing hope IMO =P.

Video: Samsung PN648500AF, Panasonic TC-P60GT50
Audio: Onkyo TX-NR818 with B&K Reference 200.7, Behringer iNuke 3000DSP for subs
Speakers: Klipsch RF-7 II's, RC-64, RS-62's RSW-15, Dual DIY Stereo Integrity 18" Subwoofers
Misc: Xbox 360, PS3 Slim, Wii U, Apple TV, Chromecast
post #7002 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So I have the following options...

NIB Samsung PN64F8500 for $2900
Used Samsung PN64F8500 with 5,000 Hours, but no IR / Burn-In for $2500
Sony 65X950B 4K FALD LED LCD for $6625

Moving from a KRP-600M. I already have moved the KRP-600M to my living room and it is hung on the wall, so I can't really bring that back down to the man cave without a lot of effort. I needed a new TV for the living room and I saw the Sony 4K's in the store and fell in love or so I thought. I have gone through a 65X900B and 2 65X950B's already. With the problems I have had with these top of the line Sony 4K (Grey Screen Uniformity, Streaking/Banding During Content, Excessive Blooming and more) I am seriously not thinking it is worth double the price of the Samsung Plasma. The few 4K movies I have purchased look real good, but there is a very limited selection right now. I am probably going to move to a LG 4K in a few months if they are as good as advertised.

Any input is appreciated.

Last edited by Y2JDMBFAN; 08-10-2014 at 03:26 PM.
post #7003 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1770 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Buy 2 F8500s and still have some cash leftover

Personally I wouldn't buy a 4k set for 4k this year. If you buy a 4k set it's for the extra tech or performance only. The 4k standard is sill being ironed out and there is still no reliable medium for delivery of said content. Once they do finalize things it could leave some of the current 4k owners out in the cold with "obsolete" sets.
post #7004 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 808
IMHO #2 seems a bit high for a used set with that many hours. I definitely wouldn't do #3 . The upcoming UHD OLED is very likely to be a better option than it.
Ph8te and fierce_gt like this.
post #7005 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2JDMBFAN View Post

Moving from a KRP-600M. I already have moved the KRP-600M to my living room and it is hung on the wall, so I can't really bring that back down to the man cave without a lot of effort. I needed a new TV for the living room and I saw the Sony 4K's in the store and fell in love or so I thought. I have gone through a 65X900B and 2 65X950B's already. With the problems I have had with these top of the line Sony 4K (Grey Screen Uniformity, Streaking/Banding During Content, Excessive Blooming and more) I am seriously not thinking it is worth double the price of the Samsung Plasma. The few 4K movies I have purchased look real good, but there is a very limited selection right now. I am probably going to move to a LG 4K in a few months if they are as good as advertised.

65' 4k oled for $6300 in a couple of months
post #7006 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5x10 View Post
65' 4k oled for $6300 in a couple of months
I know..That is part of the reason I want to wait, but I need a TV in the meantime...
post #7007 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
I know..That is part of the reason I want to wait, but I need a TV in the meantime...
Too bad you couldn't rent one
post #7008 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 1246
Quote:

NIB f8500, easy choice imo.

I'd go with the used one, if it wasn't practically the same price. if you can talk him down to around 2000, I'd go that route. but imo, it's not worth going used, giving up the warranty and giving up the option to return/exchange if necessary, for what amounts to saving the taxes...

but if you're prepared to drop 6-7grand on an LG oled, don't buy any of these, that's just wasteful! I'm sure you can find a way to deal for a couple months. seriously, how many TV's do you 'need'?

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #7009 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnne1 View Post
Interesting
I have had my F8500 since December and have noticed no such issues with motion
Plasma technology is inherently better than LCD technology with motion and my ownership experience, of both technologies, definitely speaks to that
I also have a Panasonic ST50 and ST60...and the F8500 is simply a better set than those as well

I think if you find fault with the f8500's motion handling then there is nothing in the market that is going to satisfy you...past or present

Warren
I can't say I've been impressed at all with the motion on mine either, but I attributed it to the size. the largest tv I had previously was 50", so going up to 64 is a decent change. and it's not like I've seen any tv that looked better anyway. so I just assumed it was either an issue with my source(although it looks the same with BD's imo) or a limitation of the current standards/technology.

so I mostly agree with your last comment, except for of course CRT(in the past). but on the current market, the only way to get 'better' motion is to turn on that dejudder or frame interpolation crap.

post #7010 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thank you very much. I think I remember you saying you live in Canada? You probably have more choices to buy electronics there. Shameful but the U.S. had an abundance of electronics stores 15 years ago. We had many options and competition was much higher so getting a great deal at a reputable store with good customer service was much easier. Fast forward today almost all of the big box stores have closed down due to online resellers taking their business such as Amazon. That leaves us with Best Buy and a couple of other smaller places. The big box store moral has gone down due to online pricing so commissions are tight and stores aren't willing to budge and good customer service is spotty. This leaves us (people in the U.S) to search online to make purchases. Heck, the Ebay company is only 45 minutes away from where I live. I live close to the silicon valley and almost everything is dealt online here. The even sadder part is since we don't have much in the way of local stores Walmart and Target are starting to sell products I would've never thought of such as Bose and Apple. I couldn't bare the thought if Samsung decided to offer the F8500 at Walmart. Thanks for your reply.
yeah, in Canada. i guess i just assume we always have fewer buying options than in the states, it's USUALLY that way for most products. we had a few hifi shops close down in the past 10yrs or so as well, but enough of them are still around to make sure i don't have to buy anything from best buy, haha.

I'm guessing they are also more wiling to 'deal' on prices since the f8500 retails up here for 3800(for the 64). when the starting price is 20% higher, there's more room to haggle.

i also love online shopping, but for large products it's easier to print out those online prices, and then go get them price matched(or even beat) at the local stores. that's probably why they've been able to stay in business. on the surface, i guess it's a pretty sweet market structure for the consumer, but at the end of the day, we still end up paying more cause we're north of the border...

post #7011 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
NIB f8500, easy choice imo.

I'd go with the used one, if it wasn't practically the same price. if you can talk him down to around 2000, I'd go that route. but imo, it's not worth going used, giving up the warranty and giving up the option to return/exchange if necessary, for what amounts to saving the taxes...

but if you're prepared to drop 6-7grand on an LG oled, don't buy any of these, that's just wasteful! I'm sure you can find a way to deal for a couple months. seriously, how many TV's do you 'need'?
The problem for me is that I already moved my KRP-600M up to the living room and wall mounted it. I don't watch TV in that room, my wife does. I watch TV and game in the basement / man cave. So right now once the current 65X950B that is sitting down here goes away, I need something for me to use in the basement. The KRP-600M was not exactly easy to get up on the wall as it is very heavy. I imagine I will need 3 guys in order to get it down and bring it back down to the man cave. Maybe that is the right call though, honestly my wife could probably care less about the quality of TV in the living room, but I do watch TV up there some times. The giant question mark of course is the damn 65" 4K OLED. Nobody knows about the input lag, the second generation 1080P could be an option as well, but again, the input lag question...

I'm really struggling here to make a decision, but I do think I know that I am not happy with the current 65X950B I have for almost $7,000.
post #7012 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The problem for me is that I already moved my KRP-600M up to the living room and wall mounted it. I don't watch TV in that room, my wife does. I watch TV and game in the basement / man cave. So right now once the current 65X950B that is sitting down here goes away, I need something for me to use in the basement. The KRP-600M was not exactly easy to get up on the wall as it is very heavy. I imagine I will need 3 guys in order to get it down and bring it back down to the man cave. Maybe that is the right call though, honestly my wife could probably care less about the quality of TV in the living room, but I do watch TV up there some times. The giant question mark of course is the damn 65" 4K OLED. Nobody knows about the input lag, the second generation 1080P could be an option as well, but again, the input lag question...

I'm really struggling here to make a decision, but I do think I know that I am not happy with the current 65X950B I have for almost $7,000.
and you can't watch tv with your wife for a month or two, or use one that's not reference quality?

I admit I may be more patient than most, but the idea of waiting a couple months to get the 'right' tv seems like the obvious choice. I shopped around for about 3 months(waiting for the zt60 to arrive locally) after my tv died last year. I was proud at how quickly I made a decision, haha.

I mean, I like the f8500, and I'm very happy I purchased it, but spending 6k for an oled wasn't an option for me. either way, I think you need to figure out what you're first choice is, and don't try to buy something just because it's available right this second.

post #7013 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'd put the 600m back and buy the wife a cheap LED until the market gets this all sorted out.
post #7014 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
1st post...

Just bought a 60F8500 yesterday from Sears. Will be getting here on Wednesday. I am pretty damn excited to get it set up! Will be the first of many "living room home theater" upgrades. I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit to get advice/show builds I will be doing. I've a very DIY type person, done some high end car audio builds, and plan on doing the same for the house.

Pretty much wanted the best picture quality in a plasma before they were all extinct... Looking for a nice break in download file now.
post #7015 of 11831 Old 08-10-2014, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
When I ordered and received the 51 inch F8500 from Abe's I know I know my mistake for not knowing, I just didn't see the excitement about PQ like everybody else did, Granted it was in a small bedroom, But I saw too much motion pixelation, And the darkness in the screen from AR filter was too annoying for me, The buzzing was too much when I plugged it up initially on a power strip, Then I plugged it on the wall outlet and it reduced significantly, Although it had good brightness,black level and colors pop. This TV for this size was not for me so I sold it on Ebay, and just sticked to the F4500 that I have, The darkness on the screen to me looked like something you would see on a LCD when you're trying to view off angle.
post #7016 of 11831 Old 08-11-2014, 04:14 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I think I might actually be buying this floor model 60" F8500 at Best Buy tomorrow or in a couple days. I'll see if they'll let me check its hours as someone else suggested in another thread, don't see any IR, and it has the full regular manufacturer warranty.

Anything else I should be wary of regarding floor models?
post #7017 of 11831 Old 08-11-2014, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
I can't say I've been impressed at all with the motion on mine either, but I attributed it to the size. the largest tv I had previously was 50", so going up to 64 is a decent change. and it's not like I've seen any tv that looked better anyway. so I just assumed it was either an issue with my source(although it looks the same with BD's imo) or a limitation of the current standards/technology.

so I mostly agree with your last comment, except for of course CRT(in the past). but on the current market, the only way to get 'better' motion is to turn on that dejudder or frame interpolation crap.
So do you notice some of the "judder/pixellation/blurriness" of moving objects on yours too? Perhaps it is a size issue, as you say. My 55" LH90 didn't seem to have these issues, even with the motion judder turned off. But this 60" F8500 does. Just trying to ascertain if I should 1) deal with it, 2) exchange the set hoping my is defective, or 3) return it and wait 1yr for the 65" 4k OLED to drop in price.
post #7018 of 11831 Old 08-11-2014, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
Well, I think I might actually be buying this floor model 60" F8500 at Best Buy tomorrow or in a couple days. I'll see if they'll let me check its hours as someone else suggested in another thread, don't see any IR, and it has the full regular manufacturer warranty.

Anything else I should be wary of regarding floor models?
I bought a floor model 60" for 1600. Saved a lot of money and everything turned out perfectly fine. In addition to hours, I would check for screen scratches and missing equipment. You should receive the stand with hardware, two remote, component and composite adapters, and an IR blaster. If the tv was displayed in the Mag Hifi room, there is a good chance that is hasn't been running in torch mode the whole time.

For me it was an absolute no brainer as I was never in the $2000 plus market anyway, so at the $1600 level there is really nothing that comes near this set.
post #7019 of 11831 Old 08-11-2014, 05:47 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by blister64 View Post
Looking for a nice break in download file now.
I use these slides from here. Put them on a USB drive in a folder and have the TV run them in slow motion. I use 'checker' effect between slides.
post #7020 of 11831 Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest2 View Post
So do you notice some of the "judder/pixellation/blurriness" of moving objects on yours too? Perhaps it is a size issue, as you say. My 55" LH90 didn't seem to have these issues, even with the motion judder turned off. But this 60" F8500 does. Just trying to ascertain if I should 1) deal with it, 2) exchange the set hoping my is defective, or 3) return it and wait 1yr for the 65" 4k OLED to drop in price.
I do, but I haven't seen any flat panel that looked better, and my projector looks even worse, so I've just accepted it

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page