Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 240 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7171 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Member
 
mbeezie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The repair man is coming tomorrow to fix my new F8500 that has already failed. Does anyone have any burning questions to ask an authorized samsung repairman while I've got his ear for a bit?
mbeezie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7172 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 06:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 634
For giggles ask some questions you know the answer to and see what he says. I suspect you'll find he's not that knowledgeable.
Stereodude is offline  
post #7173 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Screw it, I think I'll buy this SOB tomorrow.
Ragnrok23 likes this.

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #7174 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Here's a picture.. I'm sure you can tell right away, which one has the darker blacks..
well it's obvious which one is brighter overall. but does look like the f8500 might have brighter blacks as well.


I think a picture of a dark scene would be interesting though. that should really show the difference.


I do enjoy a good comparison photo though. this was my fav when I got the f8500(the one on top obviously)


even overexposed the blacks were impressive



and a more realistic exposure:
cyberized and Macroblocker like this.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is offline  
post #7175 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Senior Member
 
MegaByte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maui Hawaii
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
mbeezie,
Ask him how many hours are on the panel.
MegaByte is offline  
post #7176 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Here's a picture.. I'm sure you can tell right away, which one has the darker blacks..
The top one appears to be crushing blacks. Notice the lapels on the women. Top one, you can barely see, the bottom one, it's obvious to see. Skin tone on bottom looks more realistic, while top looks orange. Something seems off with the top photo. That one is obvious. She is a red head, and red heads have extremely fair complexion. Again, quite obvious.

Last edited by wxman; 08-21-2014 at 09:17 PM.
wxman is online now  
post #7177 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
[quote=fierce_gt;26775041]well it's obvious which one is brighter overall. but does look like the f8500 might have brighter blacks as well.


I think a picture of a dark scene would be interesting though. that should really show the difference.


I do enjoy a good comparison photo though. this was my fav when I got the f8500(the one on top obviously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post

I will take a few more pictures of mostly dark scenes, but do you have some really good calibration settings that are any better than cnets? I have never found their settings to be particularly good. lol


eThe top one appears to be crushing blacks. Notice the lapels on the women. Top one, you can barely see, the bottom one, it's obvious to see. Skin tone on bottom looks more realistic, while top looks orange. Something seems off with the top photo. That one is obvious. She is a red head, and red heads have extremely fair complexion. Again, quite obvious.
I think i had the GT50 set to "warm 2", which was causing that, i believe, i normally keep it on warm 1 or less.. I;m assuming that the phrase "crushing blacks" means that all the detail within the black image are gone? Yes, i noticed that you can see more detail in the f8500's brighter blacks then the gt50's darker ones, but even with that occurring, it still kind of looks better. lol.. Any great picture settings would greatly be appreciated,, just so i can do a few more final comparisons between the 2 sets to see whether or not i keep the f8500..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Tony1 is offline  
post #7178 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 251
[quote=Tony1;26778649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
well it's obvious which one is brighter overall. but does look like the f8500 might have brighter blacks as well.


I think a picture of a dark scene would be interesting though. that should really show the difference.


I do enjoy a good comparison photo though. this was my fav when I got the f8500(the one on top obviously)

I think i had the GT50 set to "warm 2", which was causing that, i believe, i normally keep it on warm 1 or less.. I;m assuming that the phrase "crushing blacks" means that all the detail within the black image are gone? Yes, i noticed that you can see more detail in the f8500's brighter blacks then the gt50's darker ones, but even with that occurring, it still kind of looks better. lol.. Any great picture settings would greatly be appreciated,, just so i can do a few more final comparisons between the 2 sets to see whether or not i keep the f8500..
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound arrogant like I did in my post. Both pics are very good. I would take either one over an LED.
wxman is online now  
post #7179 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
...
Any great picture settings would greatly be appreciated,, just so i can do a few more final comparisons between the 2 sets to see whether or not i keep the f8500..
If you're using CNET's calibration settings for your 8500, double check the 10p white balance setting. The calibrator meant to turn it "OFF". In his settings list, it shows "ON". Make sure yours is "off".
DanF8500 is offline  
post #7180 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,127
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
I think i had the GT50 set to "warm 2", which was causing that, i believe, i normally keep it on warm 1 or less.. I;m assuming that the phrase "crushing blacks" means that all the detail within the black image are gone? Yes, i noticed that you can see more detail in the f8500's brighter blacks then the gt50's darker ones, but even with that occurring, it still kind of looks better. lol.. Any great picture settings would greatly be appreciated,, just so i can do a few more final comparisons between the 2 sets to see whether or not i keep the f8500..
Taking a look at your picture, I agree with the others, your GT50 looks like it is "off" by crushing the blacks. This means that you are losing all of the detail which you do see (details) in the F8500.. You can get the same effect by turning on "black detail" for the F8500, but again you'll begin to lose details in the black areas, and this is generally looked at as a "no no". What it comes down to is finding a picture that you're happy with, which doesn't necessarily mean an accurate one. There is an F8500 settings thread that can be found here (F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....) This is the thread where more than a few of the owners have posted what they are using. In the end though you may just need to adjust to something that makes you happy, which may mean setting something that is totally different than what others have.
Ph8te is offline  
post #7181 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 11:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just got my F8500 delivered today

Are there any settings I need to adjust for the first 200 hours or so? I Have it in standard right now with cell light and contrast turned down? I do have a question about using the smart remote. I do not want the smart remote controlling my Dish Hopper box, is there away where I could stop this from happening? I was thinking if I didn't hook the IR Blaster up then it wouldn't control it, but it does. Is there a way to check on the number of hours you have on the set?
aellis722 is offline  
post #7182 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 PM
Newbie
 
mhanism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
So to be clear - the f8500 is the set on top, and the GT bottom?

To me, the top set is clearly better - deeper blacks, higher contrast, and better colors.



Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
well it's obvious which one is brighter overall. but does look like the f8500 might have brighter blacks as well.


I think a picture of a dark scene would be interesting though. that should really show the difference.


I do enjoy a good comparison photo though. this was my fav when I got the f8500(the one on top obviously)


even overexposed the blacks were impressive



and a more realistic exposure:
mhanism is offline  
post #7183 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
So to be clear - the f8500 is the set on top, and the GT bottom?

To me, the top set is clearly better - deeper blacks, higher contrast, and better colors.
no, I've never had a gt50, that was the other poster. this was a comparison shot of the f8500 on day one, no calibration set to 'movie' default and my older Samsung b530 that was 'calibrated' as best I could.


there's no way the b530 ever stood a chance, but I liked the shot because it validated my decision to buy the f8500 and that I wasn't crazy for thinking my old plasma had terrible black levels.
mhanism likes this.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is offline  
post #7184 of 9841 Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Member
 
breezy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 30
So I spoke a bit too soon about no buzzing at all. When I open the TV's browser and the screen goes to white I can hear a medium buzz, But as soon as I got to a web page the buzzing ceases, and it's still the only audible buzz I've encountered.

I'm glad it only happens in that one particular instance. If that buzzing was constant it could get annoying. Do some people's 8500 sets buzz that much all of the time? That would suck.

As far as screen flickering goes - I can't detect anything hat even resembles anything like that. But then again, I've had another plasma for a few years and it's never bothered me in any way so maybe I can't see it.
breezy2012 is offline  
post #7185 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Taking a look at your picture, I agree with the others, your GT50 looks like it is "off" by crushing the blacks. This means that you are losing all of the detail which you do see (details) in the F8500.. You can get the same effect by turning on "black detail" for the F8500, but again you'll begin to lose details in the black areas, and this is generally looked at as a "no no". What it comes down to is finding a picture that you're happy with, which doesn't necessarily mean an accurate one. There is an F8500 settings thread that can be found here (F8500 Recommended Settings Thread.....) This is the thread where more than a few of the owners have posted what they are using. In the end though you may just need to adjust to something that makes you happy, which may mean setting something that is totally different than what others have.
I see what you're saying about the "black detail" setting.. Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
If you're using CNET's calibration settings for your 8500, double check the 10p white balance setting. The calibrator meant to turn it "OFF". In his settings list, it shows "ON". Make sure yours is "off".
It was on off, thanks! Cnet's settings were horrendous, i did a default picture settings reset, then changed it a bit and the picture got way better.. I think David K needs a new pair of bifocals

[quote=wxman;26778745]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound arrogant like I did in my post. Both pics are very good. I would take either one over an LED.
Don't be silly, I didn't take it that way.. I really need to stop watching 2 tv's at once to do comparison tests, it's driving me nuts. lol I was 100% happy with the gt50 (PQ wise), but i need it to be a 60" instead of a 55" and there are no gt50's left at 60" anywhere.. I just picked up a used f8500 and a practically new vt60 60" and am deciding which one to hang up. I really dont want to use the VT60, because i had one last year and wasn't thrilled with it, but at least i know what to expect..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Tony1 is offline  
post #7186 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post
So I spoke a bit too soon about no buzzing at all. When I open the TV's browser and the screen goes to white I can hear a medium buzz, But as soon as I got to a web page the buzzing ceases, and it's still the only audible buzz I've encountered.

I'm glad it only happens in that one particular instance. If that buzzing was constant it could get annoying. Do some people's 8500 sets buzz that much all of the time? That would suck.

As far as screen flickering goes - I can't detect anything hat even resembles anything like that. But then again, I've had another plasma for a few years and it's never bothered me in any way so maybe I can't see it.
Some buzz louder than others, but every plasma i have ever had, would buzz during bright scenes somewhat...I have 2 GT50's and one buzzes very slightly and the other buzzes pretty loudly.. with my F8500 you can only hear the buzz when you put your ear behind the panel, thank God..

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Tony1 is offline  
post #7187 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 02:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I got the black level is a decent level now.. I actually like it kept at "darker". Now I'm just wondering if i could get the reds to be a little bit "redder" The red in spiderman's mask may look a bit over saturated in the picture, but while watching it live, it looks extremely pleasing to my eye..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140822_020037104.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	223513   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140822_243940983.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	223521  

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Tony1 is offline  
post #7188 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Senior Member
 
pentium7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
For giggles ask some questions you know the answer to and see what he says. I suspect you'll find he's not that knowledgeable.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure you'll find that he's a troubleshooter / parts swapper. Most of them are that way, perhaps you get the rare guy that is not only the technician but also takes an interest in the job as a hobby as well. Those individuals tend to know a lot more because they care to know.
pentium7 is offline  
post #7189 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Senior Member
 
bobby2478's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
Some buzz louder than others, but every plasma i have ever had, would buzz during bright scenes somewhat...I have 2 GT50's and one buzzes very slightly and the other buzzes pretty loudly.. with my F8500 you can only hear the buzz when you put your ear behind the panel, thank God..

+ this. My 7 yr old Panasonic plasma buzzes loudly when there is a white or very bright screen, it doesn't do this normally. So I definitely second the notion that if it's only noticeable when the screen is white or very bright this is likely normal. If it's always buzzing for no particular reason, that would tend to be more abnormal. I don't notice my F8500 buzzing at all from seating distance, where as my older Panasonic Plasma was very noticeable during bright scenes.
bobby2478 is offline  
post #7190 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Screw it, I think I'll buy this SOB tomorrow.
Well, I did it.
fierce_gt and Denniswrly like this.

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #7191 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
fierce_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,848
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
I got the black level is a decent level now.. I actually like it kept at "darker". Now I'm just wondering if i could get the reds to be a little bit "redder" The red in spiderman's mask may look a bit over saturated in the picture, but while watching it live, it looks extremely pleasing to my eye..
yeah, you should be able to. switch it to warm2 if it's not there already. but that will likely make it TOO warm. but you should have more luck adjust the color(start with just the 2pt controls) started from the warm2 setting.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
fierce_gt is offline  
post #7192 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 09:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post
So I spoke a bit too soon about no buzzing at all. When I open the TV's browser and the screen goes to white I can hear a medium buzz, But as soon as I got to a web page the buzzing ceases, and it's still the only audible buzz I've encountered.

I'm glad it only happens in that one particular instance. If that buzzing was constant it could get annoying. Do some people's 8500 sets buzz that much all of the time? That would suck.

As far as screen flickering goes - I can't detect anything hat even resembles anything like that. But then again, I've had another plasma for a few years and it's never bothered me in any way so maybe I can't see it.
I don't experience any flickering, at least to the naked eye but in terms of buzz, every plasma buzzes and it really depends on where you live in terms of how loud it buzzes. Try this test, make sure you're sitting at normal distance directly in front of your F8500 then turn your head parallel to the TV so your ear is facing the panel. You may hear a constant buzz. It's minimal but it's constant. Everybody's hearing will vary but this particular test has had the same outcome for others here as well.

Now, my Panny GT50 buzzes but only when on a white screen as you mentioned earlier but when it goes to a white screen it buzzes loud enough to make me think something is wrong with my DirecTV line but it disappears right when the screen goes dark again. In contrast my F8500 is much more silent when showing a white screen. With Plasma YMMV.
HLdan is offline  
post #7193 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
HLdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Well, I did it.
Nice!!! Where did you purchase it and which size did you get?
Macroblocker likes this.
HLdan is offline  
post #7194 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 285
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_gt View Post
yeah, you should be able to. switch it to warm2 if it's not there already. but that will likely make it TOO warm. but you should have more luck adjust the color(start with just the 2pt controls) started from the warm2 setting.
That was already on the warm 2 setting.. I'll try the color controls next.. as if stands now I feel the skin tones are a little on the pale side.. I'd like to get them somewhere at least halfway closer to what the gt50
's are. thanks!

Panasonic GT50 55"
Pansaonic VT60 60"
Tony1 is offline  
post #7195 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
I WANT MORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 'Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 1,893
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by hldan View Post
nice!!! Where did you purchase it and which size did you get?
64" ve

Perhaps I misremembered.

I WANT MORE is offline  
post #7196 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DanF8500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post
That was already on the warm 2 setting.. I'll try the color controls next.. as if stands now I feel the skin tones are a little on the pale side.. I'd like to get them somewhere at least halfway closer to what the gt50's are. thanks!

Try the "Flesh Tone" setting in Advanced picture settings.
DanF8500 is offline  
post #7197 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Member
 
stanjohn123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm not able to hear any games character dialogues through my tv speakers while playing my ps3 , I can hear the background music and sounds such as door opening and shots fired from guns but I just can't hear any character dialogues.

I've changed the setting to tv speaker and tried all other settings like voice clarity on etc but I can't hear the dialogues.

But when my tv is hooked to my receiver I can hear the dialogues, music and everything. Anyone else here face the same issue in the same scenario ?
stanjohn123 is offline  
post #7198 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 10,137
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 666 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I'm not able to hear any games character dialogues through my tv speakers while playing my ps3 , I can hear the background music and sounds such as door opening and shots fired from guns but I just can't hear any character dialogues.

I've changed the setting to tv speaker and tried all other settings like voice clarity on etc but I can't hear the dialogues.

But when my tv is hooked to my receiver I can hear the dialogues, music and everything. Anyone else here face the same issue in the same scenario ?
Seems like the PS3 is outputting 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM and your TV only accepts the L&R channel so everything that should be in the center channel is missing.
Stereodude is offline  
post #7199 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Member
 
breezy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by I WANT MORE View Post
Well, I did it.
You're going to love it.

I spent about two hours last night adjusting settings to suit my eyes, and it looks fantastic. I'd go right to the "movie" preset and work from there.

I finally got the mute-7-3-7-enter thing to work and it shows the panel having 9 hours on it, so by my calculations I am the first person to watch this unit for an extended period. Maybe wishful thinking, but to my eyes it's opened up visually even in this short time.
I WANT MORE likes this.
breezy2012 is offline  
post #7200 of 9841 Old 08-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Member
 
breezy2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Seems like the PS3 is outputting 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM and your TV only accepts the L&R channel so everything that should be in the center channel is missing.
This. I've had that problem when I was experimenting with my PS3's audio.

Go into the PS3 menu and change the sound settings.
breezy2012 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off