Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 241 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7201 of 7209 Old Today, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Comparisons are always mind blowing! Especially when there's something on each set that you like, and don't like. You usually end up wanting a combination of the two.
Camera photos will never do a TV PQ justice!
The F8500 calibration shortly after 500 hours - haven't touched it since - it just keeps getting better on it's own!

Room conditions test - Black room calibration - looks super - turn the lights on with the room conditions now affecting to PQ - not so good anymore. Showed this to one of my wife's relatives, who was buying a used TV from me that's to be calibrated before he takes it. Didn't want any flack afterwards for when he sets it up at his place with different external influences.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 7209 Old Today, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I hear the buzzing from 12 feet away at dead centre on my 60 inch. You think the build quality would be higher on a $3000 TV...

I am not sure how to proceed from here. The buzzing is definitely annoying. It is plugged into the wall and I used the supplied ferrite cores on the power cable.
post #7203 of 7209 Old Today, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedin View Post
I hear the buzzing from 12 feet away at dead centre on my 60 inch. You think the build quality would be higher on a $3000 TV...

I am not sure how to proceed from here. The buzzing is definitely annoying. It is plugged into the wall and I used the supplied ferrite cores on the power cable.
That blows. I can't hear any buzz from about 6 feet away except for the instance I described (almost completely white screen). I guess the line really must differ from unit to unit.

Can you return it? Has it always buzzed or did then buzz increase over time?
post #7204 of 7209 Old Today, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
I thought the original reading for the F8500 was for an all black screen so it went from .0017 to .0025 not .0041. What was the original ansi for it?.
I asked this same question on the VE Shootout Results thread and D-Nice was kind enough to respond. The F8500 measured .0041 on the ANSI checkerboard, but .0025 mll. So a subtle overall change.

fdsfds
post #7205 of 7209 Old Today, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post
I asked this same question on the VE Shootout Results thread and D-Nice was kind enough to respond. The F8500 measured .0041 on the ANSI checkerboard, but .0025 mll. So a subtle overall change.
In any case still better than the ST/GT50, right? Gets confusing when every webpage you visit lists a different value for black level.
post #7206 of 7209 Old Today, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post
That blows. I can't hear any buzz from about 6 feet away except for the instance I described (almost completely white screen). I guess the line really must differ from unit to unit.

Can you return it? Has it always buzzed or did then buzz increase over time?
I don't think the buzz varies from set to set but it does matter where the person lives. Based on their elevation above sea level. The higher the elevation the louder the buzz, however there is a threshold before the buzz starts to sound much louder. Samsung states that on their website.
post #7207 of 7209 Old Today, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Could anyone please direct me to the best calibration settings for dark room viewing on 64F8500 ?

I've tried 2 so far but they seem more geared toward lighter situations. The display is located in master bedroom and with window treatments so there is very little light even during the day, mostly viewed at night anyway in the dark.

Thanks in advance.
post #7208 of 7209 Old Today, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just ordered my 51 inch version of this TV. Does this TV output 5.1 only through the optical output? I'm asking because my audio receiver only accepts an RCA analog signal so I'll have to buy a toslink to RCA converter and the one I'm wanting does not accept the 5.1 signal.
post #7209 of 7209 Old Today, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Two questions and one fix I found for the buzz...

Does anyone know if it is possible to get rid of the audible feedback for the volume?

Does anyone know why I keep getting the "check the device connection" screen when I change channels on directv? It does it even when it's not going through the avr.

Mine buzzed pretty bad when I tested it out of the box with a wall outlet. After I got it plugged into the panamax power conditioner it went almost completely away. Don't know if this will help everyone but it worked for me.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page