Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 245 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7321 of 7326 Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'd like to check how many hours are on my panel. I know how to get into the service menu. Once in there, do I have to navigate around? Or will the first screen I see show me the hours? Then to get out, I just press exit on the remote. I know it sounds dumb asking, but just wanna be sure and not mess anything up. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7322 of 7326 Old Yesterday, 09:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaByte View Post
I'd like to check how many hours are on my panel. I know how to get into the service menu. Once in there, do I have to navigate around? Or will the first screen I see show me the hours? Then to get out, I just press exit on the remote. I know it sounds dumb asking, but just wanna be sure and not mess anything up.
will be on the first 'page' that pops up, it's labelled MRT(I thought that was confusing when I looked)

to get out, you must turn off the power(also kind of annoying/confusing)

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
post #7323 of 7326 Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks fierce_gt :-)
post #7324 of 7326 Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomnoise View Post
Thanks. I will try to be patient as I wait for the noise to go away.
Just my opinion but I don't think the buzz actually goes away or reduces overtime, but rather a perception. Speaking from a person who owns two plasmas from two different manufacturers. They both buzz. Samsung explains it right in their website as to why plasmas buzz. It's by design. Just like in the LCD forum where the majority of the complaints are about clouding, flashlighting and viewing angles, the majority of the complaints in the plasma forum are IR and buzz.

If you're looking for it go away, don't. While it's possible in some instances that the buzz may reduce I still think that it's purely perception for people that say the sound has gone away. Everybody's hearing is different as well. Two people checking out the same plasma may result in one person hearing the buzz while other person hears absolutely nothing.
post #7325 of 7326 Old Today, 03:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLdan View Post
Just my opinion but I don't think the buzz actually goes away or reduces overtime, but rather a perception. Speaking from a person who owns two plasmas from two different manufacturers. They both buzz. Samsung explains it right in their website as to why plasmas buzz. It's by design. Just like in the LCD forum where the majority of the complaints are about clouding, flashlighting and viewing angles, the majority of the complaints in the plasma forum are IR and buzz.

If you're looking for it go away, don't. While it's possible in some instances that the buzz may reduce I still think that it's purely perception for people that say the sound has gone away. Everybody's hearing is different as well. Two people checking out the same plasma may result in one person hearing the buzz while other person hears absolutely nothing.
My Panasonic plasma does not buzz...neither does my friend's Samsung 64F8500.
post #7326 of 7326 Old Today, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
My Panasonic plasma does not buzz...neither does my friend's Samsung 64F8500.
It most certainly does. Throw up a full white screen.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page