Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 246 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7351 of 7352 Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezy2012 View Post
I think we need to end our back-and-forth here because it's not going anywhere; let's agree to disagree, I guess?

I think the buzz issue IS important and should continue to be discussed, if only so prospective buyers of one of the last plasmas ever can be comforted that it's not a big deal for some of us.

There are times my f8500 emits an audible buzzing noise, but very infrequently, and it's easily covered up when it does happen. The Panasonic is basically silent. That's the end of my story.
yeah, I'm not really sure how this ended up being a you vs me thing, I guess you just replied before anybody else...

there's nothing wrong with discussing the buzz. and there's nothing wrong with you stating your f8500 has a more noticeable buzz than your panny. that's useful info.

my post was towards the ppl saying their plasma(any plasma) had ZERO buzz. this isn't really possible, and I'd rather hear from ppl who have the ability to hear the buzz. ie, like what you said in your last post about the panny being quieter than the Samsung, that's useful.

what isn't useful is somebody who can't hear the buzz saying there is no buzz. so, imo, if you can't defect buzz under any circumstance, you are not 'qualified' to comment on it. you should be able to hear it if you try. 'basically silent' is different than silent, and that statement makes me believe the Panasonic is very quiet, as opposed to making me question your hearing.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7352 Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 190
fierce

Is the F8500 the display that you're trying to calibrate with the i1D3?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page