My PN51F8500 finally arrived yesterday.
* The panel filtering works great as the ceiling bedroom light (which will be off 95% of the time when watching this TV) has very little ill effect on it, pretty impressive for a plasma in a bright environment.
* no abnormal buzzing and its probably the quietest plasma I've owned
* No DSE whatsoever and great uniformity overall
* The F5300 would have IR (easily wiped out though) after a couple of minutes but my F8500 appears to more resistant to IR in the short term anyway.
* Whites look very natural and pretty white for a plasma
* SD PQ looks outstanding, it may be crap in, crap out but on this unit the crap out is noticeably better than most other TVs
* Kind of freaky to see SOE on a plasma, I'll try the Motion Judder Canceller on the football game tomorrow night to see if it has any redeeming value
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
Last edited by venus933; Yesterday at 04:41 PM.