Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 278 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8311 of 8320 Old Today, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Is my Evolution Kit port installed incorrectly? I removed the sticker to install the Evolution Kit I got, and it has the connectors in the opposite directions as the sticker says, and when I installed the Evolution Kit the labels on it were upside down. To make matters worse, my Evolution Kit wouldn't work. I would just get a black screen.

Here are some pictures. They're crooked because I was at a weird angle trying to take them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141025_113244.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	330138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141025_113217.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	330146  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8312 of 8320 Old Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean33 View Post
**Update** I did unscrew the three rear panel screws around the buzzing component and that did the trick. I am now buzz free. I'd like to understand why this is an issue in the first place but I'll take the win and move on.
The buzz happens, but it is not as common as you think. In fact it is rare, about 2-3% is what I see.
post #8313 of 8320 Old Today, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
I'm positive the buzz you were experiencing is not the same "plasma buzz" that owners are complaining about. Your issue is more of a vibration/resonating problem. You tightened some screws which dampened the vibration. Plasma buzz cannot be fixed by tightening screws on the back of your display. True Plasma buzz is inherent in the design, albeit how quiet or loud it may get from one owner to another, from one plasma tv to another.
Yes I still have the a slight buzz if you put you ear against it but nothing that bothers me during normal listening, even in very quiet scenes. I also do not "hear" the directional buzz. I usually sit in directly in front of the screen about 6-7 feet away as well.
post #8314 of 8320 Old Today, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The buzz happens, but it is not as common as you think. In fact it is rare, about 2-3% is what I see.
Interesting. That rear panel buzz is killer if people assume that is the same as the front panel directional buzz. So much louder.
post #8315 of 8320 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Arellano View Post
Is my Evolution Kit port installed incorrectly? I removed the sticker to install the Evolution Kit I got, and it has the connectors in the opposite directions as the sticker says, and when I installed the Evolution Kit the labels on it were upside down. To make matters worse, my Evolution Kit wouldn't work. I would just get a black screen.

Here are some pictures. They're crooked because I was at a weird angle trying to take them.
You may want to try the Evolution Kit Forum for your question:

OFFICIAL Samsung Smart TV "Evolution Kit" Thread
post #8316 of 8320 Old Today, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Watching movies at home like you're in a theater is fine. I don't like watching live news and sports broadcasts that way. I like a little more "pop" than movie mode can put out. "Movie" mode is the preferred mode that calibrators will calibrate the 8500's (also the CAL-Day and CAL-Night modes activated from the service menu). Relax mode deactivates "all" the advanced settings and some of those settings are critical for a pro calibration on the 8500.

From the demo sets, prefer more detail than the movie mode, but not unnaturally bright. Best setting/solution? Thanks.

P.S. Why even the need for jutter control; not necessary on my ten-year old Panasonic plasma; why would it be needed now. I have zero motion problems.
post #8317 of 8320 Old Today, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by igreg View Post
From the demo sets, prefer more detail than the movie mode, but not unnaturally bright. Best setting/solution? Thanks.

P.S. Why even the need for jutter control; not necessary on my ten-year old Panasonic plasma; why would it be needed now. I have zero motion problems.

When you get your set, and start fiddling and getting to know its settings/modes, I'm sure you will arrive at what you feel is best for you. What's best for you is certainly not always best for someone else. As for judder control, I don't use it. I tried it once, and didn't like the effect on some movies (choppy video). I don't have any problems with motion on my 8500. I'm suspecting the majority of 8500 owners don't use motion judder.

Last edited by DanF8500; Today at 01:07 PM.
post #8318 of 8320 Old Today, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mchpwr View Post
hi guys - first week with my 64 inch 8500 and I have 1 problem and 1 question:

problem #1) Random times, my AV reciever turns off!! it never happened with my panasonic plasma that this replaced (TH-50PZ800U). I seem to think its some sort of thermo overload protection. Sometimes the receiver turns back on itself! other times, I can't even turn it on unless i unplug it! the receiver is pioneer VSX-1020. This has been happening when i'm either watch blu rays or cable. Could the new TV sending back signals thru the HDMI and overloading it?
this is still happening. my receiver just turns itself off. so i bypassed the receiver and had the cable box go directly to the tv; randomly the cable box turns off. the tv is sending some signal to the components and making them turn off. i turned off CEC and it is still occuring.

TV Samsung PN64F8500
Receiver Pioneer VSX-1020
Blu-ray Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Speakers Definitive Technology Mythos SSA-50
post #8319 of 8320 Old Today, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm a mostly happy 1-week owner so far. I have just a few notes, concerns and comments for anyone that's reading.

1. The front, directional buzz is ridiculously loud at quiet times.

2. Switching between Game Mode and Normal is a pain.

3. I've noticed a bit on grain in fast moving motions while in Game Mode going to try the PC trick later.

3. I accidentally updated the FW with an HDMI source plugged in. What now?

4. Anybody here with an Xbox One connected? Any tips or tricks with it?

5. Any good "Standard" w/ game mode enabled calibration settings?

Last edited by james9120; Today at 07:22 PM.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Pn60f8500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page