Official Samsung PNxxF8500 Owners Thread (No Street Price Talk) - Page 325 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #9721 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 986 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbaldwin View Post
I made the mistake of connecting the TV to my wireless network and now can't get it to disconnect. Is there any way to clear the password for a wireless network or better yet disable WiFi altogether? I would hate to have to reset the TV back to the factory defaults just to get it to disconnect.
not sure why this is an issue, but can you set it up again? just enter the wrong password

you should also be able to block it through your router's settings

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9722 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I got my 60" last week and only spent a little time with it. Definitely a buzz but it won't be noticeable if something actually being watched.

With his being my first plasma, is there a breakin period before the picture looks good. One thing I did notice was something that looked like close pixel response response time and a shimmering effect. So when I start Netflix, the black part of the start screen looks buzzy (my girlfriends cheap led looks much clearer). The same goes with any dark portion of a couple of shows....just kind of grainy almost staticy looking. I brought in my girlfriend and she said the same thing after comparing the picture to the current tv Also the when the option to select the normal account vs kids comes up, some of the pixels don't change to white right away and take a couple seconds.

I am guessing that this isn't typical.
post #9723 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 167
No it's typical for the F8500 in particular..which has a noisier than average for plasma blacks (from dithering).

It probably can be minimized somewhat with better calibration.

Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #9724 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post
No it's typical for the F8500 in particular..which has a noisier than average for plasma blacks (from dithering).

It probably can be minimized somewhat with better calibration.
Hmmm.... I will have see how it looks from a distance. What should I make of the slow pixel response?
post #9725 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Never heard of slow pixel response.

If you arent using the internal streaming services then check the wired connection of the streaming device.

Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #9726 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
One thing I did notice was something that looked like close pixel response response time and a shimmering effect. So when I start Netflix, the black part of the start screen looks buzzy (my girlfriends cheap led looks much clearer). The same goes with any dark portion of a couple of shows....just kind of grainy almost staticy looking. I brought in my girlfriend and she said the same thing after comparing the picture to the current tv Also the when the option to select the normal account vs kids comes up, some of the pixels don't change to white right away and take a couple seconds.

What are your picture settings and what picture mode are you using? (Cell light, contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc).
post #9727 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanF8500 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppilot View Post
One thing I did notice was something that looked like close pixel response response time and a shimmering effect. So when I start Netflix, the black part of the start screen looks buzzy (my girlfriends cheap led looks much clearer). The same goes with any dark portion of a couple of shows....just kind of grainy almost staticy looking. I brought in my girlfriend and she said the same thing after comparing the picture to the current tv Also the when the option to select the normal account vs kids comes up, some of the pixels don't change to white right away and take a couple seconds.

What are your picture settings and what picture mode are you using? (Cell light, contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc).

Using stock settings out of the box. The black issue being fixed by settings makes sense.

I guess I should be more concerned about the pixels that stay magenta for about a second and then turn white when the screen changes? A lot more pixels used to be affected so I was hoping this issue would go away with time (have only had the tv on for about 30 minutes total so far).
post #9728 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Well, developing buzz news. The buzz had been 100% consistent, excepting a couple of fairly monochromatic load screens, until tonight. I was cooking, and when I ducked into the living room in between steps, I noticed the buzz was greatly diminished, to the point that I had to be within three feet and concentrating to hear it over the show.

I was baffled, and kept listening. I soon realized the set now buzzes rather variably, dark screens being the worst, but a variety of pictures with diverse content exhibit reduced or nearly no buzzing.

For the time being, I've cancelled my cancellation, I'll at least let it finish breaking-in, then decide.
This is the opposite of my buzzing. The buzzing is only apparently on bright/white scenes, non-existant on dark scenes.
post #9729 of 9731 Unread Yesterday, 11:29 PM

Liked: 10
Angry Broken Netflix Dolby 5.1

Any Netflix users here? Did you know that the Netflix app support for Dolby 5.1 is broken? It is a known issue with Samsung Smart TVs and lots of other Netflix apps as well. When Netflix changed to Dolby Digital Plus, they had problems with a lot of the apps and disabled 5.1. You will only get 2 CH. If you care about that be sure to let Netflix know you want a fix. This happened around Sept timeframe.

http://www.myce.com/news/netflix-rem...ung-tvs-73052/
post #9730 of 9731 Unread Today, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgames View Post
This is the opposite of my buzzing. The buzzing is only apparently on bright/white scenes, non-existant on dark scenes.
I know, right? A confounding variable I discovered last night is how absurdly directional the sound is. My relaxed seating position puts my head near center: lots of buzz. If I sit extremely upright, I am just at he edge of where the buzz is focused, with my eyes maybe 6-8" from the upper bezel. Literally one inch higher, and there is no buzz at all.

If I had shorter stand, I'd have never noticed the buzz, but having the upper bezel 4" above your eyes is not ideal. Also, I caught myself: I have been keeping the volume a little lower than normal, watching out for the buzz. It's less noticeable using my more typical setting. Still there though, and it really jumps out during quiet scenes, which can screw up the atmosphere sometimes. So, still deciding whether to give up, return it and wait for OLED to get reasonable.
post #9731 of 9731 Unread Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfanatic1 View Post
Not even all edge-lit sets can make the black bars disappear unless they are full-array backlit, since the top and bottom portions of the screen have to be lit.
First of all, a LCD television is either lit from the sides (usually right and left) or from the back so there's no such thing as an edge-lit television that's also back-lit.

Second, I didn't state all edge-lit televisions can make the black bars disappear, only the ones that are able to turn off the LEDs on the top and bottom where the black bars appear.

Samsung PN60E7000
OPPO BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
MartinLogan Motion Vision Gloss Black 5-Channel Soundbar
MartinLogan Dynamo 700 10-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn51f8500 51 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn60f8500 60 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Pn64f8500 64 Inch 3d Smart Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread